PDA

View Full Version : AThomas and Charles Grant to............

Bongo59
02-19-2007, 06:54 PM
get tagged soon............Ravens are going to cut JLewis to get thomas signed...........Saints made a ton of production today on Grants deal but with all teams and GM heading to Indy tonight they agreed to pick it up after the combine and he will be tagged............PKearney's deal fell through and he is said to void his deal by Tuesday.............Steinbach is close to reupping and so is Andre Gurode...............Zach Pillar cut today by TN............Stallworth is likely not going to stay in Philly....................

TEXANS84
02-20-2007, 09:51 AM
Stallworth is likely not going to stay in Philly....................

I wonder why. Philly needs a few WR, haven't checked their available cap room. Maybe possible location for Bennet or Tennessee will spend their money and make a wise decision.

El Tejano
02-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I'd like to see us take Bennett away from Vince.

I also would like to see Pillar come play for us.

jlam
02-21-2007, 12:18 PM
I wonder why. Philly needs a few WR, haven't checked their available cap room. Maybe possible location for Bennet or Tennessee will spend their money and make a wise decision.

It's possible they see now what Stallworth is in reality. He showed the same sorts of strengths and weaknesses this past season in Philly as he had the several previous season with the Saints. Tantalizing big play ability, injury prone, has a tendency to drop crucial passes. Here is a quote from just before the season started in a brief exchange between an Eagles fan and I on this forum regarding the Stallworth trade and what they were getting out of it.

I've been watching Donte since he came into the league, and his big play potential is definitely big. The big key is to keep him healthy as he has missed a lot of time with nagging injuries. It's never anything devastating, usually a hammy here, a sprained something or another there, but it seemed to keep him off the field a lot. The other thing is while his big play potential is ever-present, he has yet to exibit the consistency we were looking for. If he can ever learn to catch the ball away from his body consistantly and not let the ball get to his pads, then he is an immediate threat to get upfield (the quick slant, followed by a splitting of the safeties for a TD happened a couple of times I can remember).

Our coaching staff feels, though, that the emergence of 7th round pick Marques Colston along with Devery Henderson (who is a very similar player to Stallworth) made Donte expendable. Bottom line is that we had invested too much time and money based soley on "potential". Throw that in with the fact that he most likely would have walked at the end of the year when his contract expired ala Darren Howard, and I think we made the right decision to at least get something for him while we had some leverage rather than lose him for nothing.