PDA

View Full Version : My options on not trading for Plummer

El Tejano
02-19-2007, 05:26 PM
If we don't trade for Plummer we can keep any picks or current personell. If Plummer is cut, then we get him and keep our picks. If he stays with Denver, or goes elsewhere, the worse is that we pick up someone else in FA or have Carr battle it out with Rosenfelts or someone else, and draft a QB in the later rounds.

I just don't want us to feel like we have to do anything.

Spike
02-19-2007, 05:49 PM
I agree that we simply have too many other holes to fill at this point then to trade any picks or good players at other positions to get Plummer. If we can win 6 games with Carr with a depleted offensive and defensive lines, a horrible secondary and no true starter at tailback, then I believe we can make some additional progress this year if we can take care of fixing some other areas of the team.

I am not going to argue that we couldn't use an upgrade at the QB position, but if you look at this year's Chicago Bears, there is evidence that you can win even with a sub-par QB. I am not sure how much more inconsistent Carr could be than last year, so I think that this TEAM can get better, even if the QB situation doesn't improve.

BleedTheBurntOrange
02-19-2007, 05:53 PM
I agree pick him up is he's released but dont trade away valuable draft picks that's how you build your team anyway not trading for QBs who cant cut it anymore.

real
02-19-2007, 05:56 PM
I agree that we simply have too many other holes to fill at this point then to trade any picks or good players at other positions to get Plummer. If we can win 6 games with Carr with a depleted offensive and defensive lines, a horrible secondary and no true starter at tailback, then I believe we can make some additional progress this year if we can take care of fixing some other areas of the team.

I am not going to argue that we couldn't use an upgrade at the QB position, but if you look at this year's Chicago Bears, there is evidence that you can win even with a sub-par QB. I am not sure how much more inconsistent Carr could be than last year, so I think that this TEAM can get better, even if the QB situation doesn't improve.

This IMO, is a bad argument....

If the Bears would have gotten just a little bit better QB play, they probably would have won the superbowl, and may have not lost the games they did lose durning the regular season. We don't have the Bears defense, or running game, or coaching staff...so therefore, no....we can't win "like" the Bears....That is their identity....

I would rather rely on a good QB, that way you know year in and year out you'll have a good team and atleast be able to compete...i.e the Patriots, Chiefs, Seahawks, Colts....

Can you name a really bad team, with a great QB ?

AndreRulz
02-19-2007, 05:59 PM
packers were ok
rams were ok

Texan_Bill
02-19-2007, 06:00 PM
I'll take a stab for *******s and giggles....

New Orleans Saints with Archie Manning?

FirstTexansFan
02-19-2007, 06:07 PM

First that came to my mind was the Miami Dolphins with Dan Marino...great QB, never won a Super Bowl :)

TwinSisters
02-19-2007, 06:25 PM

05' Packers
Farve's only losing season as a starting QB

which is a bit like Marino ( with a minor difference of a Super Bowl Won )

83' Oilers with Archie Manning

Texan_Bill
02-19-2007, 06:28 PM
83' Oilers with Archie Manning

I stand corrected. I should have said Archie Manning and ANY team he played on.

Texian
02-19-2007, 07:00 PM
I stand corrected. I should have said Archie Manning and ANY team he played on.

How about John Elway and the Stanford Cardinal????

TwinSisters
02-19-2007, 07:12 PM
o yeah Elway had one 5-11 season in there.

Which brings up Bernie Kosar... 3-13 that year too.

http://www.headlinesports.net/auto/a082988.JPG

EDIT:
Notice that Beathard tag... oOo man what little do we know of the future in the past.