PDA

View Full Version : Tatum Bell and Plummer to Houston rumor

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 02:38 PM
The Texans are interested in Plummer. Whether through trade or release, Plummer is likely to end up with Kubiak. There is talk the Broncos and Texans will discuss a trade that would send Plummer, Bell and an early-round draft pick to Houston for the No. 8 overall pick and perhaps a player.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_5251758

I personally hate the idea....but at least it is something to talk about.

Trap_Star
02-18-2007, 02:40 PM
Dont Do It!!!

SamuraiSword
02-18-2007, 02:46 PM

hmmmmm the plot thickens. Who is Tatum Bell? I am not familiar with that player?

michaelm
02-18-2007, 02:46 PM
That article sounds eerily like John McClain... trying to pimp a trade idea to the local team..

I think I would actually vomit if the Texans give up #8 and a player for Plummer, Bell and an early round pick,

Mr. White
02-18-2007, 02:47 PM
So we would get:

Jake Plummer
Tatum Bell
an early round draft pick
- Plummer and Bell have actually produced

We would give:
Our 1st rounder
Another player (I nominate David Carr)

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all. JMHO.

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 02:47 PM
Yeah it is probably the worst offseason idea I've heard yet. There is no way Kubiak and Smith would mull this over....but there just hasn't been much to discuss the past few days so I figure why not?

MichaelM, your avatar is great.

Texan in Japan
02-18-2007, 02:49 PM
Not sure I'd like this scenario. Denver is trying to get playmakers also, so they would jettison Plummer and Bell to us to pick one at #8. Doesn't sound like a long-term move, but rather one of desparation...doubt Rick will pull that trigger.

TwinSisters
02-18-2007, 02:50 PM
http://www.rotoworld.com/content/playerpages/playerbreakingnews.asp?sport=NFL&id=2665&line=89102&spln=1

Broncos head coach Mike Shanahan said Tuesday that Tatum Bell's fumbles disappointed him more than his 2006 statistics.
"Everybody says what a bad year Tatum had and what a great year Maroney had, but Tatum Bell averaged more yards-per-carry," he said. "I think Tatum just disappointed with the turnovers...late in the season." Some near the team say Bell won't be back with Denver in 2007. Feb. 6 - 4:02 pm et

okay.

So Pops Shanahan doesn't like Plummer throwing the ball away and Bell fumbling. And then the "Texan Brass" likes them both.

real good planning.

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 02:51 PM
So we would get:

Jake Plummer
Tatum Bell
an early round draft pick

We would give:
Our 1st rounder
Another player (I nominate David Carr)

Doesn't sound like a bad deal to me at all. JMHO.

If Jake Plummer wasn't going to get cut and he was still their starter I guess I could understand it. But basically....because if we wait long enough Plummer will get cut (which I'm not saying we should do, I'd like to give up something small for him to get him here before the final day before camp....like the Ravens did with McNair....maybe give up a 5th) we are giving up the 8th pick and a player (it isn't like we have an abundance of players that teams would want that wouldn't significantly hurt us if we lost) for Tatum Bell and a 2nd or 3rd round pick......thats horrible.

Mr. White
02-18-2007, 02:52 PM
Not a whole lot to consider here.

Here's the key phrase of the article...

Heard an interesting scenario the other day: Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer could be joining coach Gary Kubiak in Houston.

Reaching.

TwinSisters
02-18-2007, 02:54 PM
agreed.

I want to see some quotes from either FO.

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Not a whole lot to consider here.

Here's the key phrase of the article...

Reaching.

Oh damn, your right....well now you've solved it for everyone I guess we should just lock the thread and start talking about drafting AP at 8 or whether a guy we don't even have yet would be a good QB here.

Like I said....didn't say it was all that plausible....but it is worth discussing...anything other than the 50 threads over the same subjects.

Mr. White
02-18-2007, 02:55 PM
Another key phrase.

Who knows if this trade idea will have legs, but it could make sense for both teams.

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 02:56 PM
Sorry....I meant to just post this in the bull pen....even though it is discussing our draft as well....

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=35392

You can lock it up...

Mr. White
02-18-2007, 02:59 PM
Oh damn, your right....well now you've solved it for everyone I guess we should just lock the thread and start talking about drafting AP at 8 or whether a guy we don't even have yet would be a good QB here.

Solved what? Was this thread supposed to be a riddle?

The article itself is even titled "Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible"

Notice the question mark.

SamuraiSword
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM

Like I said....didn't say it was all that plausible....but it is worth discussing...anything other than the 50 threads over the same subjects.

Its a good find especially comming from Denver. I am not sure if it will happen or not,but its all up to kubiak and co.

old football fan
02-18-2007, 03:00 PM
Bad deal for the Texans and I don't expect them to do it.

JAXwithanX
02-18-2007, 03:07 PM
Solved what? Was this thread supposed to be a riddle?

The article itself is even titled "Tatum Bell in Houston? Trade possible"

Notice the question mark.

Well since you've twice posted phrases alluding to the idea that it isn't very solid....(even though thats obvious) and helped make up everyone's mind that it isn't worth discussing....well I guess you have solved it for us. Not worth discussing on a discussion board....please continue with the Carr vs. Plummer threads.

But i guess this is understandable since you've got a fondness for playing Daddy apparently....

SESupergenius
02-18-2007, 03:08 PM
It's a good deal in that if the Media blitz to kill Carr's career in Houston is successful, then having a veteran QB in Plummer to take his place makes more sense than Sage Rosefels as our QB in 2007. Add to that that we get a pretty good runner in Bell. What is the downside to that? Well it depends on who we were going to pick at the #8 slot in the draft. Does that player have more talent than Plummer (on the downside of his career) or Bell (starting his career)?

SamuraiSword
02-18-2007, 03:10 PM
tatum bell is not a bad player http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=35754

three for the price of two.......I would do it. But the only bad part is losing Adrian Peterson in the process if he falls to number 8.

Nawzer
02-18-2007, 03:15 PM
Memo to Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak: There are other teams in the NFL to make deals with. I know you have deep connections with the Broncos organization, but looking at the Broncos to solve all of our problems is ridiculous. I would not do that deal because Plummer may be cut and Tatum Bell is a good back but not worth giving up the no.8 pick. We need to get good high quality talent not more mediocre players.

Mr. White
02-18-2007, 03:18 PM
But i guess this is understandable since you've got a fondness for playing Daddy apparently....

No...I clicked on the thread thinking that there was a story about these 2 guys being in Houston.

Then it ends up that it's more trade speculation that some sportswriter invented.

Nothing wrong with trade speculation, but the title's misleading.

SESupergenius
02-18-2007, 03:27 PM
If we could get Plummer, Bell AND a 3rd rounder, would you do it?

Texans | Team would like third-round pick for Carr?
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:59:11 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Houston Texans are hoping to attract a third-round draft pick in return for QB David Carr.

Pantherstang84
02-18-2007, 03:41 PM
Memo to Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak: There are other teams in the NFL to make deals with. I know you have deep connections with the Broncos organization, but looking at the Broncos to solve all of our problems is ridiculous. I would not do that deal because Plummer may be cut and Tatum Bell is a good back but not worth giving up the no.8 pick. We need to get good high quality talent not more mediocre players.

Bravo. Cred coming your way sir. New mantra....

NO MORE DENVER RETREADS!!!!!

Navy_Chris
02-18-2007, 03:43 PM

What!?!?!?!?!?!? No way should they do this. Plummer and Bell and some draft pick are in no way, shape or form worth our #8, much less #8 AND a player.

NO NO NO NO !!!!

Rick Smith must have been on the phone with Charley Casserly talkin about this one!

Navy_Chris
02-18-2007, 03:44 PM

Texans | Team would like third-round pick for Carr?
Sun, 18 Feb 2007 07:59:11 -0800

Tony Grossi, of the Cleveland Plain Dealer, reports the Houston Texans are hoping to attract a third-round draft pick in return for QB David Carr.

Salary cap wise, it would make sense. But still, no. I'll take my chances on a guy like Brady Quinn or Alan Branch.

Pantherstang84
02-18-2007, 03:45 PM
What!?!?!?!?!?!? No way should they do this. Plummer and Bell and some draft pick are in no way, shape or form worth our #8, much less #8 AND a player.

NO NO NO NO !!!!

Rick Smith must have been on the phone with Charley Casserly talkin about this one!

I suspect this is just more Gen. McClain trying to play GM.

Lucky
02-18-2007, 05:39 PM
Um, no. How about signing Plummer as a free agent after the Broncos release him? Give them zip in compensation, rather than the 8th pick in the draft. Let Denver keep Bell, who led the league in fumbles by RBs. I like that idea much better.

Navy_Chris
02-18-2007, 05:42 PM
Um, no. How about signing Plummer as a free agent after the Broncos release him? Give them zip in compensation, rather than the 8th pick in the draft. Let Denver keep Bell, who led the league in fumbles by RBs. I like that idea much better.

Finally, a voice of reason. I'd honestly go with Chris Taylor. He deserves a shot. a REAL shot.

thunderkyss
02-18-2007, 09:08 PM
We should give them a Counter offer.

We'll give them David Carr & Samkon Gado for their 1st round pick.

See how the hell they like that.

TexanSam
02-18-2007, 09:22 PM
If the early round pick they're talking about is the Broncos 1st rounder, I'd do it.

vectorscg
02-18-2007, 09:27 PM
Its going to be Plummer and Bell for the Texans 2nd round and 5th round picks.

Its sounding like a done deal, theyre just waiting for the March 1st period to open where players can be traded.

Denver wants compensation for Plummer and theyll get it.

TexanSam
02-18-2007, 09:28 PM

Its sounding like a done deal, theyre just waiting for the March 1st period to open where players can be traded.

Sources?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-18-2007, 09:29 PM

Sounds like a done deal according to who?

New_Texans
02-18-2007, 10:15 PM
.......NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO OOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO O

NO NO NO NO NO

NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO
NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO

Thats stupid!!!

edit: Phew...at least its not the number 1

Dunta_23
02-18-2007, 10:30 PM
I dont really like the sounds of that deal at all.... Look at the top 50 prospects coming out....at 8 we are going to get a STUD and at 40 we are going to get a really good player....Tatum Bell lost his job this year to a UDFA and fumbled a lot....I say wait until they cut Plummer and sign him for less dollars.....2nd round picks are huge...look at what we got last year in the 2nd....Imagine we could get a player of his calibre for the secondary....look at Richard Marshall last year....

Wharton
02-18-2007, 11:23 PM
I could see us taking Tatum and Plummer and swapping picks, but that’s as far as I'd go with it.

Tatum's numbers last year
___________________G__GS__AT__YRD__AVG__LONG__TD__ 20+__FL
2006 Denver Broncos_13__13__233_1025__4.4___51____2____7___5

Not spectacular, but solid numbers. The fumbles are a problem though. No other top back, except Frank Gore, had as many as 5 fumbles lost.

If the lowest we go is swapping picks, we could get a proven back who knows the system and still get the 21st pick to use on defense or a lineman.

Plummer is cut bait, so he really doesn't bring much to the table and could be left out of the trade all together.

A lot of folks seem to think that Adrian Peterson will be there at no. 8 but that is by no means a certain.

V Man
02-18-2007, 11:24 PM
If this happens, I suspect you will see another round of fans jumping off the Texans ship. I can not believe that the front office with the success they had last year in the draft would give up a one or two picks on a second string RB and a Qb that will be cut if they don't find some sucker to trade for him.

TwinSisters
02-18-2007, 11:35 PM
Taking Plummer out of the market early MIGHT increase Carr's trade value before the draft.

BSofA04
02-19-2007, 04:01 AM
I hope they arn't seriously considering this. What good is Plummer or Bell if our O-line isn't worth a damn. Two words-Levi Brown. Wasting the 8 spot for a shaky RB and a questionable QB that'll probably be released makes no sense. :twocents:

tex
02-19-2007, 06:24 AM
I hope they arn't seriously considering this. What good is Plummer or Bell if our O-line isn't worth a damn. Two words-Levi Brown. Wasting the 8 spot for a shaky RB and a questionable QB that'll probably be released makes no sense. :twocents:

I hear ya, almost sounds like Capers & crew are back. Remember Pbuc ?

TexanFan881
02-19-2007, 07:39 AM

Please, we're all trying to forget about that :drunk:

thunderkyss
02-19-2007, 08:04 AM
Taking Plummer out of the market early MIGHT increase Carr's trade value before the draft.

this is definitely worth considering.......

BUt with Plummer on our team, others will think David will be cut before the season anyway, and just wait............ thereby diminishing his value.

thunderkyss
02-19-2007, 08:05 AM

What makes you say that?? It's not like this is a done deal or anything it's just rumor.

Kaiser Toro
02-19-2007, 08:06 AM

We need a source or at least share some insight on yourself, or your source, in this thread or via PM. We respect inside information, rumor and innuendo, but without knowing who you are (defined by your limited posts), or who your people are, we are obligated to delete this post sooner than later.

This is by no means a knock on you, just that we have a community of members that live this Texan experience year round and this type of statement needs to be sourced. :texflag:

GP
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
It feels like we involve ourselves with trading partners from Denver and Green Bay because of this possibility: The two teams won't screw us over because Kubiak and Sherman can each "leverage" their former affiliation with those two teams.

In other words, we traded Morency for Gado because Sherman and the Green Bay FO decided it was a fairly comparable trade: Two players who might need a change of scenery.

You probably get more of an apples-to-apples trade when you work with the teams you used to be a part of...there's no way each side can do the other side "wrong" because you have the friendship, the relationship, etc., that goes beyond the normal day-to-day competitiveness atmosphere.

I mean, look at the way the Buchanon trade happened with us and Oakland. In the end, was that a fair deal at all? Trading with teams that you have no relationship with can be a dangerous thing, IMO.

The only way this proposed deal would happen, is if Kubiak and Smith felt that it is an apples-to-apples deal...Kubiak knows those players, and he knows what he can get at no. 8.

Tatum Bell had lots of toe/foot injuries and had Mike Bell came in and basically did the job fairly well, IMO. And while Tatum was having success when he was in there, it's the fact that he as always a week-to-week decision that concerns me.

I personally don't like this sort of deal. I think we need to stop the habit of bringing in "used" players, and we need to focus on building through the draft. Trading a no. 8, for me, is not worth the gamble.

We have the chance to have a spectacular draft that is following last year's spectacular draft. I think it'd be a major hiccup to short-circuit what's working really wel thus far.

If we put together another draft like we had last year, we'll have something special that's being built the right way. We'll have a head coach and support staff who are proving that they can draft in the same manner as N.E., Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis: All of those teams have FOs and coaching staffs and scouts who milk the draft for all its worth every year.

If we grade out at an "A" again, it will bode very very well for us, and it'll put an end to the days of overpaying the Todd Wades of the world.

Build through the draft. Please. (especially when you hold a Top 10 pick)

TwinSisters
02-19-2007, 11:28 AM
this is definitely worth considering.......

BUt with Plummer on our team, others will think David will be cut before the season anyway, and just wait............ thereby diminishing his value.

I don't know.

I think there are enough teams that could use Carr on a restrustructured deal.
( as in at least two )

Two teams that would be just as happy with Plummer really.

So it's not about whether or not he is going to be cut, it's about getting to him before the other team can. And that's where the value increase would come in.

trutxn
02-19-2007, 12:01 PM
A reporter from Denver is making up sh.. Kubes and Smity have connections in Denver, but they're not stupid.

trutxn
02-19-2007, 12:03 PM

AMEN!

SESupergenius
02-19-2007, 12:08 PM

That's if we can get in Free Agency, but the likelyhood of that happening is pretty slim considering there are other teams that would want him would probably snatch him up first.

If we got rid of Carr and then couldn't get Plummer, we still have Sage Rosensels. That makes me feel oh so good inside.

real
02-19-2007, 12:14 PM

I'm not sure how accurate this is, but I wouldn't be opposed to this...

Sco-tai
02-19-2007, 12:19 PM
This HAS TO BE the worst idea. EVER. This would make the P-Buch trade AND the trade-up to get BABIN look like EXCELLENT IDEAS.

Trade the #8 overall pick for a guy (plummer) who lost his job to a rookie?!?!

Tatum is okay....but.......I mean.....merely OKAY.

GAWD I hope this is wrong.:bowser:

Crazyhorse
02-19-2007, 12:22 PM
I'd rather keep the draft picks and look at Sage. Let Carr be the back up if necessary. Plummer is over the hill and brings nothing for the long term.

srstex
If ya'll want Plummer just wait awhile, cause he's going to be released. No other team is stupid enough to want to pay Plummer anything over league minimum, except maybe US. Brad Johnson in Minny has a SB ring, and last year he played for the league min. ( for vets, it's higher than the rookie min. )
As for Bell, he is a product of the system, and isn't that why Kubiak is here, is because the system makes great backs. IF GM Smith makes this trade, he is saying the back makes the system not the other way around.

Lucky
That's if we can get in Free Agency, but the likelyhood of that happening is pretty slim considering there are other teams that would want him would probably snatch him up first.
First, I don't think the Texans would dump Carr unless they had an understanding with Plummer that he wants to be a Texan. I think he does. Plummer has a positive relationship with Kubiak. He knows this offense. Sure, the Texans aren't winning. But Jacksonville, Carolina, nor Cleveland won last season. And I don't think there is any chance Plummer winds up in Chicago.

Plummer choose the Broncos over the Bears during the FA period of 2003. Jake met with Urlacher and some of the other Bears and made a good impression. But, Plummer picked the Broncos, saying that he wanted to play for a winner. I don't think that the Bears will forget that.

Blake
02-19-2007, 12:27 PM
I would oppose this.

I think a FA Leonard Davis, and 2nd round Justin Blalock should be first priority.

Add that with a Nate Clements FA, and LaRon Landy round 1 pick and we are in business. :P

Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer can stay in Denver. Ill take Carr and our Running Backs over those posers anyday.

Meloy
02-19-2007, 12:34 PM

I personally hate the idea....but at least it is something to talk about.Using players you mentioned and not saying I support any of it, why would you not sign Plummer in F/A, draft AP or Lynch for that matter @ #8 and trade Carr for a "later pick". You still get Jake, a better back than Tatum and probably a higher pick.

macaronitoni
02-19-2007, 12:53 PM
I would oppose this.

I think a FA Leonard Davis, and 2nd round Justin Blalock should be first priority.

Add that with a Nate Clements FA, and LaRon Landy round 1 pick and we are in business. :P

Tatum Bell and Jake Plummer can stay in Denver. Ill take Carr and our Running Backs over those posers anyday.

Posers? Show some respect. They try their best. Plummer shows more winning attitude than Carr could even dream of. Do you even know what a poser is? Or are you just ignorantly calling them names because you don't want them here in Houston?

Reddevil63
02-19-2007, 12:54 PM
Using players you mentioned and not saying I support any of it, why would you not sign Plummer in F/A, draft AP or Lynch for that matter @ #8 and trade Carr for a "later pick". You still get Jake, a better back than Tatum and probably a higher pick.and we have a winner!

SESupergenius
02-19-2007, 01:46 PM
First, I don't think the Texans would dump Carr unless they had an understanding with Plummer that he wants to be a Texan. I think he does. Plummer has a positive relationship with Kubiak. He knows this offense. Sure, the Texans aren't winning. But Jacksonville, Carolina, nor Cleveland won last season. And I don't think there is any chance Plummer winds up in Chicago.

Plummer choose the Broncos over the Bears during the FA period of 2003. Jake met with Urlacher and some of the other Bears and made a good impression. But, Plummer picked the Broncos, saying that he wanted to play for a winner. I don't think that the Bears will forget that.

I wouldn't make it seem that the Texans are HIS only choice, there are several teams out there that need a starting quarterback. Plummer has proven that he's at least a good quarterback. Every team that is in the Russell and Quinn sweepstakes is a team that Plummer could go to.

Does anyone realize however that in Plummers first year with the Broncos he only threw 15 TD's? He did all of that an Clinton Portis was a 1,500 runner with 14 td's. What does Carr have?

Texan_Bill
02-19-2007, 01:51 PM
Using players you mentioned and not saying I support any of it, why would you not sign Plummer in F/A, draft AP or Lynch for that matter @ #8 and trade Carr for a "later pick". You still get Jake, a better back than Tatum and probably a higher pick.

Curious, are you assuming that the Broncos would release Plummer out-right? I beleive his current contract runs through 2010, but can't swear to it.

I would still grab Peterson at the 8 spot (if available :ok: ), then I would leave Carr as is, while say...... Kevin Kolb :yahoo: sits the bench for a season or two and prepares to take us to the SB (well play-offs, first)...

:stirpot:

Blake
02-19-2007, 02:31 PM
Posers? Show some respect. They try their best. Plummer shows more winning attitude than Carr could even dream of. Do you even know what a poser is? Or are you just ignorantly calling them names because you don't want them here in Houston?

Wow, people love to call others ignorant. I call them posers because I (and alot of people) feel that players like Tatum Bell benefit from the system of being a back in Denver. I also think that Plummer was a crappy QB in Arizona, then comes to the Denver system, where he has the defenses respect from the running game, and can play action them to death. Not to mention he has a strong Defense.

Anything else Macaroni?

michaelm
02-19-2007, 02:48 PM
Yeah it is probably the worst offseason idea I've heard yet. There is no way Kubiak and Smith would mull this over....but there just hasn't been much to discuss the past few days so I figure why not?

MichaelM, your avatar is great.

Thanks... unfortunately I get more positive response from my avatar than I do from my posts...

JAXwithanX
02-19-2007, 03:58 PM
No...I clicked on the thread thinking that there was a story about these 2 guys being in Houston.

Then it ends up that it's more trade speculation that some sportswriter invented.

Nothing wrong with trade speculation, but the title's misleading.

I see what your saying....the title is pretty misleading. Maybe the mods could do something about that. I just was surprised it hadn't been posted yet and wanted to be the cool guy so I threw it up....usually I try and make more clear thread titles.

wolf123
02-19-2007, 04:35 PM
This is the dumbiest trade proposal ever!! If the Texans except this I'm going to become a cowboys fan or a titans fan.
Texans would be giving up
1st round pick, Carr(=to a third or fourth)
For a quarterback who will be cut no matter what anybody says he his cap figure is way to high for a back up.= NO value
Tatum bell- A good runner with absolutely no power, hasn't been able to win the starting job for years and keeps getting beaten out by undrafted free agents. I guarantee you that if the broncos had to do it over again theirs no way they would spend their 2nd pick or even their third round pick for him. Value 4th rounder at best.
So essentialy were giving the 8th overall pick(adrian peterson), A fourth round pick(carr's value) for a fourth round pick running back and maybe a 3rd or 2nd round pick.
Don't do it texans for the love of god!!!!

dbspi
02-19-2007, 04:53 PM
I would oppose this.

Leonard Davis doesn't fit our scheme. He is too big and too slow to play LT. He consistently gets beat by quicker DE. He is better suited for OG spot.

real
02-19-2007, 05:10 PM
Leonard Davis doesn't fit our scheme. He is too big and too slow to play LT. He consistently gets beat by quicker DE. He is better suited for OG spot.

I don't know where this misconception comes from, but if he's not Quick enough to play tackle, he certainly ain't quick enough to play Gaurd in a Zone blocking scheme....

Blake
02-19-2007, 05:27 PM

I never said he would play Left Tackle.

real
02-19-2007, 05:34 PM
I never said he would play Left Tackle.

Big slow guys don't really have a place anwhere on our line.

tex
02-20-2007, 06:25 AM
What makes you say that?? It's not like this is a done deal or anything it's just rumor.

I would rather get young players in the draft than players that are being replaced. It's like buying damaged goods imo.

thunderkyss
02-20-2007, 09:32 AM
This is the dumbiest trade proposal ever!! If the Texans except this I'm going to become a cowboys fan or a titans fan.
Texans would be giving up
1st round pick, Carr(=to a third or fourth)
For a quarterback who will be cut no matter what anybody says he his cap figure is way to high for a back up.= NO value
Tatum bell- A good runner with absolutely no power, hasn't been able to win the starting job for years and keeps getting beaten out by undrafted free agents. I guarantee you that if the broncos had to do it over again theirs no way they would spend their 2nd pick or even their third round pick for him. Value 4th rounder at best.
So essentialy were giving the 8th overall pick(adrian peterson), A fourth round pick(carr's value) for a fourth round pick running back and maybe a 3rd or 2nd round pick.
Don't do it texans for the love of god!!!!

If you're actually going to leave the Texans to become a fan of another team, just do it. Don't tell everybody you'll do it because of this, or that, because you make yourself look about as intelligent as the people who would consider such a trade.

I don't think the value is there. You don't think the value is there....... chances are, the value isn't there, and this is just garbage with absolutely no cred whatsoever, so we'd look silly responding to it.

We made a trade last year for Eric Moulds, because if he were to hit FA, we wouldn't stand a chance to get him. We didn't trade for Ron Dayne, because if he was dropped, we'd probably be the only team interested in his services.

If Cutler is released, he can go anywhere he wants. I'm thinking most likely that he'll give up a little in guaranteed money, just to be the Starter, & he'll give up a little more just to be with Kubiak.

I don't see any trade for us to get Jake, unless we come out ahead on the deal. Anything that favors Denver(them getting our 1st pick in exchange for their 3rd) isn't going to happen.

thunderkyss
02-20-2007, 09:36 AM

I would rather get young players in the draft than players that are being replaced. It's like buying damaged goods imo.

What's that got to do with the price of tea in China??

I'm asking why does it sound like Carpers & co. are in Houston because some maroon started a stupid rumor??

If the Texans say we have a deal worked out to bring Tatum Bell & Plummer to Houston in exchange for our 1st round pick, then yeah...... sounds like Capers & crew are in town. But now, it's just a rumor, and as far as we know, it hasn't been given any serious consideration. Sounds like a new Regime to me.

Vinny
02-20-2007, 09:37 AM
I didn't read the thread but this trade idea is preposterous in my eyes. Bell isn't much better or different than Justin Fargas....fast guy without much wiggle, lacks the ability to break tackles and he doesn't run with power. If Bell is your starter you are still looking for a RB...much like Plummer. If you make this deal you are still looking for their replacements, so it's a dumb deal since you give up a premium talent (assuming you draft well). If you sign these guys off of FA it is a totally different animal altogether and I'd like to see it happen since they would upgrade the talent on this roster for a two year window, more or less.

cuppacoffee
02-20-2007, 10:19 AM

I personally don't like this sort of deal. I think we need to stop the habit of bringing in "used" players, and we need to focus on building through the draft. Trading a no. 8, for me, is not worth the gamble.

We have the chance to have a spectacular draft that is following last year's spectacular draft. I think it'd be a major hiccup to short-circuit what's working really wel thus far.

If we put together another draft like we had last year, we'll have something special that's being built the right way. We'll have a head coach and support staff who are proving that they can draft in the same manner as N.E., Pittsburgh, and Indianapolis: All of those teams have FOs and coaching staffs and scouts who milk the draft for all its worth every year.

If we grade out at an "A" again, it will bode very very well for us, and it'll put an end to the days of overpaying the Todd Wades of the world.

I would still grab Peterson at the 8 spot (if available :ok: ), then I would leave Carr as is, while say...... Kevin Kolb :yahoo: sits the bench for a season or two and prepares to take us to the SB (well play-offs, first)...

I agree with these thoughts. Lets build through the draft. I feel that trading draft choices are for teams that need a "single piece of the puzzle".

Smith and Kubiak got off to a good start draft wise last year. :bowdown:

No reason to believe it was all just luck. We just may have something here.

:coffee:

Spled
02-20-2007, 10:47 AM
Say it ain't so.

http://nfl-rumors.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02/19/your-2007-houston-broncos/

ledzeppelin229
02-20-2007, 11:19 AM
Say it ain't so.

http://nfl-rumors.aolsportsblog.com/2007/02/19/your-2007-houston-broncos/

Basically the same source as the original post in this thread. Fortunately that means it doesn't increase the chances of this terrible trade going through.

joshri
02-20-2007, 02:48 PM
Why on earth would the Texans even think about doing that deal. Why trade a top 10 pick for an aging QB that was benched last year and a marginal RB. Why not just keep Carr and D. Williams and draft something at 8. Thats a worst case scenario but surely better than making that awful deal.

CoogBull
02-20-2007, 06:45 PM
...but I was told that one of the sports radio stations was saying that we were trading our first rounder for Jake Plummer and Tatum Bell.

Did anyone else hear this? Is it just idle chit chat?

This sounds like a Casserly style deal that will set us back for another three seasons.

Stros5Texans80
02-20-2007, 06:47 PM
Speculation at this point. Haven't heard anything official.

PapaL
02-20-2007, 06:48 PM
...but I was told that one of the sports radio stations was saying that we were trading our first rounder for Jake Plummer and Tatum Bell.

This sounds like a Casserly style deal that will set us back for another three seasons.

Better be idle chit chat. It is way to early in the game to be trading picks away.

Ole Miss Texan
02-20-2007, 06:51 PM
I think it's just a rumor people have discussed. Another one was that trade but we swap 1st rders with them.

Either way i say no way. Neither Plummer or Bell are long term solutions for this team. IMO they made a decision with Mario Williams to really start building our team. There is no way they would do this trade. I don't really care who they draft at Number 8. Say we even get Landry who a lot of people have rated in the 10-20 range. I wouldn't trade him for plummer and bell. I'd rather have any player at that spot than those two guys.

This is just a rumor and will NEVER happen.

Lucky
02-20-2007, 06:54 PM
Moved this thread back to the Bullpen and changed the title. It was just too confusing and multiple threads were being started on the same topic.

Ole Miss Texan
02-20-2007, 07:02 PM
Moved this thread back to the Bullpen and changed the title. It was just too confusing and multiple threads were being started on the same topic.

Good call. Snakes on a plane was a great movie if you saw it... you're clever. lol

cook56
02-20-2007, 07:13 PM
You don't give up much for Plummer. No way you give anything more than a 3rd. And forget that Plummer Bell deal. That would be CRAZY!:tease:

thunderkyss
02-20-2007, 08:23 PM
You don't give up much for Plummer. No way you give anything more than a 3rd. And forget that Plummer Bell deal. That would be CRAZY!:tease:

How 'bout Plummer & Bell for our 3rd & Jameel Cook??

tex
02-21-2007, 07:23 AM
I'm asking why does it sound like Carpers & co. are in Houston because some maroon started a stupid rumor??

If the Texans say we have a deal worked out to bring Tatum Bell & Plummer to Houston in exchange for our 1st round pick, then yeah...... sounds like Capers & crew are in town. But now, it's just a rumor, and as far as we know, it hasn't been given any serious consideration. Sounds like a new Regime to me.

Rumor are not I'm just saying the Texans have enough players that no other team would have. Don't give away draft picks for so so players. Even if it is only a rumor now.

OzzO
02-21-2007, 09:14 AM

If it was 790, may have just been talk. They were talking with one caller asking if:

If Plummer is an upgrade over Carr - slightly.
If Bell is an upgrade over DDW - slightly.
Then trade the 8th for "picks" (they made it sound plural).

So - the question would be (that they had), would you make the trade to slightly upgrade two positions and get possibly 2 later picks for 1.

real
02-21-2007, 09:22 AM
I think the trade is that we swap first rd. picks with Denver in exchange for Plummer and Bell.

So we'd be giving them our pick, and they'd be giving us theirs.

If this deal is really being discussed, the Texans need to try to get maybe another late rd. pick like a 5th or 6th, but if Denver isn't biting, I'd take it as is.

Kaiser Toro
02-21-2007, 09:39 AM
This is one of the most ridiculous trade scenarios and rumor I have seen. This thread should be locked as anyone viewing it from the outside surely would agree that just discussing the plausibilty of it shows our lack of knowldge about the NFL and our own cap.

I hate AOL.

real
02-21-2007, 09:42 AM
This is one of the most ridiculous trade scenarios and rumor I have seen. This thread should be locked as anyone viewing it from the outside surely would agree that just discussing the plausibilty of it shows our lack of knowldge about the NFL and our own cap.

I hate AOL.

Well please enlighten me, because obviously I'm not a cap-ologist.

TEXANRED
02-21-2007, 09:43 AM

I hate AOL.

Your the moderator..........lock it.

Kaiser Toro
02-21-2007, 09:43 AM
Your the moderator..........lock it.

Trying to build consensus with the others.

TEXANRED
02-21-2007, 09:47 AM
Trying to build consensus with the others.

Oh, so you are saying that you are not a dictator moderator?

I made that rhyme up myself:drunk:

Kaiser Toro
02-21-2007, 09:53 AM
Well please enlighten me, because obviously I'm not a cap-ologist.

Trade for Plummer and we take on his salary, it is as simple as that. His base next year is 5.3. If we release Carr we take a hit, 4m, and continue to overspend at a non productive position to the tune of over 10 million dollars next year when looking at Plummer, Carr and Sage's cap hits for 2007.

Why in the world would we want to trade for Bell due to his injuries and never has been a feature back? I would rather look at Ahman Green since our running game is more Packer than Bronco.

In my opinion these are rumors that take a life of their own and are planted smokescreens at best.

real
02-21-2007, 10:00 AM
Trade for Plummer and we take on his salary, it is as simple as that. His base next year is 5.3. If we release Carr we take a hit, 4m, and continue to overspend at a non productive position to the tune of over 10 million dollars next year when looking at Plummer, Carr and Sage's cap hits for 2007.

Why in the world would we want to trade for Bell due to his injuries and never has been a feature back? I would rather look at Ahman Green since our running game is more Packer than Bronco.

In my opinion these are rumors that take a life of their own and are planted smokescreens at best.

If we got Plummer don't you think we'd trade Carr ? Why release him, and take the hit, when you can trade him for a seventh at worst and avoid the hit ?

And trading for a player and trying to go after a player via free agency are two different things. There is no gaurantee that Ahman will sign with us.

Who are we going to get at eight that will upgrade the total talent on this team like Jake, Bell, and say a Reggie Nelson, or Laron Landry, or who ever we would get with Denver's 1st rounder ?

You're talking about a team that needs talent all over the place being able to parlay one possible starter into three. Plummer is better than Carr, Bell is better than any of the backs we have and We'd be able to upgrade another position with Denver's 1st. I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Kaiser Toro
02-21-2007, 10:09 AM
If we got Plummer don't you think we'd trade Carr ? Why release him, and take the hit, when you can trade him for a seventh at worst and avoid the hit ?

And trading for a player and trying to go after a player via free agency are two different things. There is no gaurantee that Ahman will sign with us.

Who are we going to get at eight that will upgrade the total talent on this team like Jake, Bell, and say a Reggie Nelson, or Laron Landry, or who ever we would get with Denver's 1st rounder ?

You're talking about a team that needs talent all over the place being able to parlay one possible starter into three. Plummer is better than Carr, Bell is better than any of the backs we have and We'd be able to upgrade another position with Denver's 1st. I'd be on it in a heartbeat.

Whether we release Carr or trade him we have to account for the remaining 4m left of his signing bonus. Knowing that, bringing in Plummer via trade is as ridicuolous an idea that could be mentioned.

Bell runs in a ZBS. I did not see that on display last year. He lost five fumbles in 233 attempts while scampering for a total of 2 TDs. Do not get me wrong I like Bell, but not enough to trade for him. We got better last year by growing organically through the draft and should continue that track.

real
02-21-2007, 10:19 AM
Whether we release Carr or trade him we have to account for the remaining 4m left of his signing bonus. Knowing that, bringing in Plummer via trade is as ridicuolous an idea that could be mentioned.

Bell runs in a ZBS. I did not see that on display last year. He lost five fumbles in 233 attempts while scampering for a total of 2 TDs. Do not get me wrong I like Bell, but not enough to trade for him. We got better last year by growing organically through the draft and should continue that track.

If the money is the biggest issue, then I say there is no issue. Of course Bob McNair has the final say, but personally I'm just tired of watching bad football. I'd rather take the hit and have an improved product on the field than settle for mediocrity.

Even if A.P or Brady Quinn fall to eight, which is not gauranteed, neither one of those guys upgrade our team like 3 legit starters will. 3 in the hand is better than one in the bush.

TransplantTexan1
02-21-2007, 10:52 AM
Tatum Bell:

Positives - Good feet, balanced runner, solid burst to the hole, decent size, strong familiarity with the one-cut running philosophy

Negatives - Fumblitis, not a power back, not an overwhelming pass catcher

Jake Plummer:

Positives: experienced, good mobility still, decent arm strength, durable

Negatives: has become eratic with age, older, not a longterm solutition at QB

Tatum Bell would be a solid pickup to man the starting RB position and Plummer is a decent candidate to hold the QB position for a couple of seasons particulary if the Texans had a promising young QB waiting in the wings that they wanted to groom during that time period, but you can get Plummer through FA and the Texans could draft someone of Bell's ability in the second or third round, quite frankly. Thus, you're essentially moving down 13 spots (assuming Denver would unearth its first rounder at #21) to acquire Tatum Bell and to provide insurance that Jake Plummer would be in camp earlier rather than later.

Seems a bit much to give up when you consider the potential impact player available at #8.

real
02-21-2007, 11:04 AM
Tatum Bell:

Positives - Good feet, balanced runner, solid burst to the hole, decent size, strong familiarity with the one-cut running philosophy

Negatives - Fumblitis, not a power back, not an overwhelming pass catcher

Jake Plummer:

Positives: experienced, good mobility still, decent arm strength, durable

Negatives: has become eratic with age, older, not a longterm solutition at QB

Tatum Bell would be a solid pickup to man the starting RB position and Plummer is a decent candidate to hold the QB position for a couple of seasons particulary if the Texans had a promising young QB waiting in the wings that they wanted to groom during that time period, but you can get Plummer through FA and the Texans could draft someone of Bell's ability in the second or third round, quite frankly. Thus, you're essentially moving down 13 spots (assuming Denver would unearth its first rounder at #21) to acquire Tatum Bell and to provide insurance that Jake Plummer would be in camp earlier rather than later.

Seems a bit much to give up when you consider the potential impact player available at #8.

I don't understand the logic of saying "you could get someone of Bell's caliber in the third"...

That's really not relevant because you can still get someone of Bell's caliber in the third + have Tatum Bell.

royce1054
02-21-2007, 11:14 AM
This is a rumor started by the DENVER POST. Some sports guy with their newspaper said it.

Rightnow
02-21-2007, 11:51 AM
This is a terrible idea. Where else is Jake Plummer possibly going? Are we afraid we are going to lose him to someone else? He will be a backup nearly everywhere but here.

Tatum Bell is nice, but not that nice.

The only way we do this trade is our 8th overall for their 25th, and then they give us a Jake and a 2nd round pick. They can keep Tatum. We don't need more second hand running backs. We need more draft picks.

I'd be willing to trade our first round pick down to late in the first round to pick up a 2nd and 3rd round pick.

americastayawayfrommywomb
02-21-2007, 01:37 PM
This would be a great deal if the price is right. I don't think we should up our first rounder.

vectorscg
02-22-2007, 11:14 PM
Media in Denver is now reporting that the deal between the Broncos and Texans is nearly done. All that needs to be worked out is the Texans negotiating a new contract for Jake Plummer.

According to a Broncos source the deal is....

Denver Gets....

Houston's 1st Round Pick

Houston Gets....

QB Jake Plummer
RB Tatum Bell
Denver's 1st 3rd Round pick in 2007
Denver's first round pick in 2007.

So The Broncos and Texans will exchange first round picks and the Texans get an extra 3rd round pick in 2007 as well as Jake and Tatum.

By the way the avatar used is Jake's better half, his fiance, Broncos Cheerleader Kollette Klassen- on the left from the Broncos Calender.

Dunta_23
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Thats a lot to get for the #8 pick....but I would much rather sit tight and draft BPA at 8...Im not a huge Plummer fan, nor am I crazy about Tatum Bell....Why is Kubiak so attached to his former players....does he not know other guys exist?

Please_Evolve
02-22-2007, 11:16 PM
Source? and please say this isn't happening please say this isn't happening. ...

Brandon420tx
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Link?

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:17 PM
Media in Denver is now reporting that the deal between the Broncos and Texans is nearly done. All that needs to be worked out is the Texans negotiating a new contract for Jake Plummer.

Denver Gets....

Houston's 1st Round Pick

Houston Gets....

QB Jake Plummer
RB Tatum Bell

So The Broncos and Texans will exchange first round picks and the Texans get an extra 3rd round pick in 2007 as well as Jake and Tatum.

By the way the avatar used is Jake's better half, his fiance, Broncos Cheerleader Kollette Klassen- on the left from the Broncos Calender.

I just don't see where the Bronco's need Carr. He makes way to much to be a back up and the Broncos have made it clear Cutler is there man.

TFL
02-22-2007, 11:18 PM

Denver Gets....

Houston's 1st Round Pick

Houston Gets....

QB Jake Plummer
RB Tatum Bell

I think that would be fair

We Get another QB for Competion we get a RB who knows this system very well and a 3rd and a first.

YoungTexanFan
I just don't see where the Bronco's need Carr. He makes way to much to be a back up and the Broncos have made it clear Cutler is there man.

They aren't getting Carr.

TwinSisters
I see we have a one of those people...

http://cbs4denver.com/topstories/local_story_053192200.html

Feb 22, 2007 5:24 pm US/Mountain
Jake Plummer May Be Contemplating Retirement

rockabilly
02-22-2007, 11:19 PM

It said nothing about giving Carr to the Broncos....

HoustonFrog

I don't think Carr is in there. They still would try and get a pick for him.

Brandon420tx

He said the Broncos only get our First, we get their First and Third, Plummer, and Bell, The only thing in this I would be happy about would be the added third. (maybe Bell) Incendentally, what pick are the Broncos?

mexican_texan
02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Nooooooooooo!!!!!!!!

YoungTexanFan
02-22-2007, 11:20 PM
Why is Kubiak so attached to his former players....does he not know other guys exist?

This is a huge concern and question for me and should be for every other fan. Why do we bring in rejects from another team to build around? Why don't we look at talented guys who will learn the system, not system guys who will never learn the talent?

Brandon420tx
02-22-2007, 11:21 PM
I've been searching for Denver media that confirms this, I got nada.

Trap_Star
Its all caca de toro IMO....

rockabilly
I only like this for one reason.

We get an extra pick from Denver. Add the extra we will get from Carr, and that equals at least 2 extra picks. 2 Picks can help fill holes.

YoungTexanFan
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
I only like this for one reason.

We get an extra pick from Denver. Add the extra we will get from Carr, and that equals at least 2 extra picks. 2 Picks can help fill holes.

I'd rather take an elite talent at 8, and just 1 extra pick as opposed to 2 medicore picks.

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:23 PM
It said nothing about giving Carr to the Broncos....

My bad, miss read.

TheCD
02-22-2007, 11:25 PM
Broncos pick # 21.

Trap_Star
02-22-2007, 11:25 PM
I would'nt pull the trigger on a trade like this until after we actually do something about Carr IMO....

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
02-22-2007, 11:27 PM
It could happen but I doubt it! I have been keeping up with the news in the Denver post you can look at it on line if you like.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2007/02/21/draft-objective-dandy-d-lineman/#comment-8851

It makes reference to the fact the Bronces talked to the front office of the Texans but hell even there fans dont thin k the Texans would be dumb ebnough to do it.

You would get Jake Plummer who the Broncos will be forced to cut for salary cap reasons of the Texans or some other teams dont get nervous and screw it up. Fumbles, I think we had enough of those last year without adding butter fingers Tatum Bell.

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:28 PM
I would'nt pull the trigger on a trade like this until after we actually do something about Carr IMO....
who said we keep Plummer? I would trade him off for a third or possibly a fourth rounder. I hear the Vikes need a QB...........................

Grid
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
I believe denver has the #21 pick.

Id be fine with this scenario. We get a vet QB, a quality RB for our stable, and an extra third. Yah we trade down 13 spots in the 1st.. but that doesnt really bother me... I think there is enough talent in this draft that we will still have some good choices at #21. Plus..it would be nice to not have to pay another top 10 pick.

Add in the extra pick from Carr, and we are in position to really fill some holes..especially on the Oline where you can pick up good ones in the middle rounds..and we will likely have a slew of picks in that area.

TwinSisters
02-22-2007, 11:29 PM
http://www.myfoxcolorado.com/myfox/pages/News/Detail?contentId=2457026&version=1&locale=EN-US&layoutCode=TSTY&pageId=3.2.1

here's Tatum Bell talking about it. ( yesterday, so it might be posted somewhere else )

thunderkyss
02-22-2007, 11:33 PM
This is a huge concern and question for me and should be for every other fan. Why do we bring in rejects from another team to build around? Why don't we look at talented guys who will learn the system, not system guys who will never learn the talent?

Last year, everybody on this board would have creamed themselves if we could get Tatum Bell.

personally, I'm all for it, if we get their first, and their third.... & Bell(a second round pick) I don't care for Plummer, but ehh..

Chris Taylor, Ron Dayne, Tatum Bell, Wali Lundy, Samkon Gado, Domanic...... I don't have a problem with that at all. Most likely well loose lUndy Samkon & DDW.

Plummer, Sage, Kolb(or hopefully Stanton)....... I don't have a problem with that.

Dwayne Bowe, Marcus McCauley, Justin Blalock, All sitting there in the bottom of the first...

TEXANRED
02-22-2007, 11:38 PM
Plummer, Sage, Kolb(or hopefully Stanton)....... I don't have a problem with that.

I don't know about Kolb. I really like Leek from Florida state. I personally would like a QB who knows how to win and over come adversity like Leek has done.

Does anyone know how he has done at the combine?

BleedTheBurntOrange
02-22-2007, 11:45 PM
I look at this 3 ways:

1.Its a false story (hopefully)

2. If true NOOOOOO this is bad we give up an elite talent for a on the downside qb and injury prone running back good for only 10-15 plays a game. the only good thing about this trade is the 3rd rounder

3. If true maybe it will work out like the Rockets trade for Battier not everybody was aboard for that trade (me included) but its worked wonders so maybe just maybe this will work wonders as well.

thunderkyss
02-22-2007, 11:46 PM
who said we keep Plummer? I would trade him off for a third or possibly a fourth rounder. I hear the Vikes need a QB...........................

The Raiders will also be looking for a veteran.

Let's see....... Kurt Warner.... Jake Plummer....... Oakland's OL.

I'd gladly give you a second for that Plummer thankyou very much......

cj5776
02-22-2007, 11:48 PM
I think this is still the early stage of the combine.

I know I am the lone ranger on this one, but I would love to see Car backup Plummer. Carr would finally get a true chance to develop.

That still seems like a lot for the broncos to move up, but I think that is about what they paid to move up last year to land Cutler.

beerlover
02-22-2007, 11:50 PM
very disturbing, especially if Adrian Peterson is sitting there come draft day at that 8th pick, it would be like passing on VY/DJ all over again :drunk:

thunderkyss
02-22-2007, 11:53 PM
very disturbing, especially if Adrian Peterson is sitting there come draft day at that 8th pick, it would be like passing on VY/DJ all over again :drunk:

Well what do you think about it if Adrian is gone at #3 or 4??

& Denver takes Okoye??

Reddevil63
02-22-2007, 11:54 PM
We still need a link to this. Until then its like yelling fire in a theater. Good point about AP though, Reliant Stadium is going to be burnt to the ground if he falls to 8 and we have already traded the pick away. I dont understand why they would do this now though. Seems to me it would make more sense to wait until they can see who is there at 8 and weigh their options then.

Texans Pride
02-22-2007, 11:58 PM
Ok, I live in Denver....I just watched the Denver news, and NOTHING was said of this. The only Bronco mention in the news was based on Jay Cutler starting his own charity foundation.

Other than that, it was all hockey news.

BleedTheBurntOrange
02-22-2007, 11:59 PM
Ok, I live in Denver....I just watched the Denver news, and NOTHING was said of this. The only Bronco mention in the news was based on Jay Cutler starting his own charity foundation.

Other than that, it was all hockey news.

Thanks for letting us know keep us informed please

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2007, 12:03 AM
I don't think we should do that trade right now...or before the draft. I'm contemplating whether I like it or not...if it did happen i really wouldn't be too upset. But who would denver want so bad to trade up to 8? I havn't really heard any talk of the reason they would be trading up.

I know we'd like to get our QB situation figured out as soon as possible, but we must wait till the draft for a few reasons.

-We don't know how the draft is going to pan out. Peterson could fall there, heck who knows if Levi Brown ends up being the real stud and he's there, or he's picked first and joe thomas is there for us. Also if a certain player falls to us we could get an even better deal than that of denver's....or maybe worse. It would be very premature to pull out this deal....we need to see who's available to us that might help the team more.

-Denver might want to wait to. Isn't June 1st the whole deadline for cuts and cap stuff? Again i ask who does denver really want this much? and don't you think they should wait to see who's available at 8 ...they might target two guys they really like both both could be gone and they'd be SOL.

If this sort of deal might actually happen, i can see them talking about it to the point where they kinda 'agree'. they agree to discuss this during the draft and see where both sides stand.

we could still get trade offers from other teams. for our pick.

rvguy121
02-23-2007, 12:05 AM
We still need a link to this. Until then its like yelling fire in a theater. Good point about AP though, Reliant Stadium is going to be burnt to the ground if he falls to 8 and we have already traded the pick away. I dont understand why they would do this now though. Seems to me it would make more sense to wait until they can see who is there at 8 and weigh their options then.

I really doubt AP will fall to 8th. Cleveland seems to really like him too.....

threetoedpete
02-23-2007, 12:19 AM

No you don't. The first thing look at how many posts this guys has up. Secondly, the Bell interview you're talking about is a minor sports producer in a small market with an un-named source speculating. So why do you give away the eight to Denver if they are going to cut the guy out of hand before June 1 ? Like any good rumor, sprinkle in a few facts stir in an unnamed source...it must be true because the internet told me so. Broncos want anything for Jake the snake. The eight and this scenario screws us. Bad. The fact that there are so many who'll swallow this secanrio at by passing locks at FS, OLT, DE or DT, shows only the vast lack of football knowledge on this board. The abc crowd is in the throws of despare that this might not happen this season they way they've been saying for two years. Wouldn't that be a hoot ? Jake sucks. Tatum Bell sucks, and unless Denver is poneying up their one in '08...this is just bronco fans day dreaming nothing more. This deal is DOA at the door. If it isn't just means we've traded one Charlie Casserly for another, Nothing more. Means they've trown in the towell on this group of palyers and we're rebuilding ....down to the foundation.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
02-23-2007, 12:49 AM

Denver Gets....

Houston's 1st Round Pick

Houston Gets....

QB Jake Plummer
RB Tatum Bell

I'm most likely on board with the pick if we get what is stated above and the 1st pick in 08. However, I don't see Denver giving up two 1st and a third in addition to Tatum Bell for the 8th pick in 07'.

If this is true, I would wait to see the performance from AD in the combine, which will give alot of value to where he will end up. Remember there are alot of teams that are beyond the 8th pick that can trade up to get AD before us. AD falling to Houston at the 8th pick is not very likely, but not impossible.
So, if we get the additional 1st rounder in 08", doesn't that make you step back and ponder the idea. Bell would be the best RB in the mix of what we have.

I'm thinking I might be for the gamble, considering Houston will not be in the playoff hunt in 07' regardless of their draftpick.

Think about it.

Ole Miss Texan
02-23-2007, 12:53 AM
if they throw in next year's 08, i'm all for it.

i'll take 2007's 1st and 3rd
and 2008's 1st.

forget about plummer and bell. i'm not giving denver any draft picks for plummer unless its 2nd day. i'm fine with carr here but i'll take those draft picks above.

SESupergenius
02-23-2007, 01:30 AM
If that is the case it should be a happy medium for most Texans fans.

We get Jake Plummer and if Carr is still here for 2007, that is a legitimate training camp duel, one that has been begged for by some members for a couple of seasons now. If Carr wins the QB positiion outright, then Kubiak and the rest of the Carr lovers are venticated. If Plummer wins, we've just upgraded the QB position can the Carr haters can rejoice.

We add Bell to bolster a rather weak RB positions.

We trade down from a high draft pick that we really couldn't afford to have considering we've paid 4 players top 10 money in 5 years.

We still get Denvers 1st round pick which allows us to get a solid offensive lineman (wow, what a concept, drafting a lineman in the 1st round)

We get Denver's 3rd rounder to add more needed depth. Considering the job the Texans did last year in late rounds, this might not be a bad pick at all.

ensign_lee
02-23-2007, 01:36 AM
If this is true, GREAT deal!

We move down 13 spots. 13 freaking spots.

And we get a QB to challenge Carr (whether not he needs to be challenged is NOT up to debate here), a RB that already has shined in the system, and a third round pick that we can use to help shore up this team even more.

And hell, maybe we can get something for Carr? That'd be awesome!

Or if not, hell. ONE of the QB's has to perform well, right?

:doot:

This is a great value for us. Some people will never be happy.

BSofA04
02-23-2007, 02:19 AM
What a headache! There are better teams to deal with when trading down picks. We could get a better deal from other teams, and not have to put up with a declining QB and a fumbling RB. Unless they're giving us 2nd Rounders, no deal. Tennessee would pick before us in that scenerio. Let's look at these teams with these picks..
10. Atlanta (7-9)
11. San Fransico (7-9)
12. Buffalo (7-9)
13. St. Louis (8-8)
14. Carolina (8-8)
15. Pittsburgh (8-8)
16. Green Bay (8-8)
17. Jacksonville (8-8)
18. Cincinnati (8-8)

Now which one would need a starting LT, DE, DT, SS, QB? Green Bay comes to mind because Favre is probably in his last season, and would probably lobby for a solid OT or defender. San Francisco could really use some help defensivley. St. Louis might want young legs to replace to aging Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.

SamuraiSword
02-23-2007, 02:53 AM
Please hurry up draft day! I feel like doing this too my hair right now....:hairpull:

FILO_girl
02-23-2007, 08:34 AM
I came into work this morning, and was hit with this news by a co worker...came here to see the insanity is true.

Breakfast tasted better the first time. This news just upset my kolache.

I am a bit concerned about Kubes not looking at any possibilities other than those first OKd by Shannahan. There are more choices than the Donkos. I am not a fan of Plummer and not down with this at all. There can be nooooo way we have Plummer AND Carr on the roster, and if I am reading this right, the plan is to have them compete for the #1 job. Why would we tie up all this money on 2 QBs? I need some explanation here.

First they up the ticket prices on us, now this?
No way, no freaking way.

WhyIsItAlwaysNextYear
02-23-2007, 09:13 AM
Interesting read, it looks like calls were made between the Texans and Broncos but it did not go very far. Media and message boards are keeping it alive. It might be a smoke screen but it appears as though KUbiak and Smith are preparing the Texans fans for another year with Carr.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/columns/story?columnist=clayton_john&id=2775871

cbnjwill
02-23-2007, 09:18 AM
this would be a great deal for the texans. if u get plummer who im not that crazy about but he would definatly be an upgrade over carr then u get bell who becomes your starting rb plus u get a third round pick for carr and all your doing is trading down that would be a steal for the texans. peterson will be gone at number 8 anyway that would probably leave the texans drafting another d lineman in the first round with our track record wouldnt want to see that. we pick up an extra 3rd pick in this deal also and we trade carr for what we can get maybe 4th round pick could be a great draft to go with a great trade plus the loser qb we have would be gone could be a great offseason

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 09:33 AM
If that is the case it should be a happy medium for most Texans fans.

We get Jake Plummer and if Carr is still here for 2007, that is a legitimate training camp duel, one that has been begged for by some members for a couple of seasons now. If Carr wins the QB positiion outright, then Kubiak and the rest of the Carr lovers are venticated. If Plummer wins, we've just upgraded the QB position can the Carr haters can rejoice.

That's a good point... that would be a more legit training camp competition than Carr & Sage. But, the only way I'll believe David has won an open competition, is if Hulk would tell us that David is spending his offseason working with a respected QB Trainer.

We add Bell to bolster a rather weak RB positions.

Or we could use Bell & some other under performer to get another draft pick. Or a solid safety out of a team that could use Bell... NYG for example.

We trade down from a high draft pick that we really couldn't afford to have considering we've paid 4 players top 10 money in 5 years.

& don't forget the crap load of money we just gave to Anthony Weaver, Morlon Greenwood, etc.. etc..

We still get Denvers 1st round pick which allows us to get a solid offensive lineman (wow, what a concept, drafting a lineman in the 1st round)

I still think if Kubiak finds the talent he needs in the third, or second we'd be okay. That was one of the things he did right in '06, drafting two solid OLmen in the third round. He says this class is just as deep at OT.

We get Denver's 3rd rounder to add more needed depth. Considering the job the Texans did last year in late rounds, this might not be a bad pick at all.

My point exactly.

With the Exception of Peterson falling to the 8th pick, I don't see how anyone could say this would be a bad deal on our part... Unless they have an unnatural hate for Jake Plummer(which I could understand), or an unnatural love for David Carr(which I don't understand. Kubiak & Smith are saying that David is our QB... getting Jake doesn't change that. I don't see a problem with starting Jake, until David is ready to start, and if anyone thinks David is ready to start(without the aforementioned off season training) they are delusional).

I don't believe for a second that this trade scenario is being talked about, by the powers that be. I think someone started this, to see how blind some of our fans are over the David Carr issue. Even though his name wasn't brought up in the original post. This is a good deal, and should take it, if it were true.

thunderkyss
02-23-2007, 10:52 AM
What a headache! There are better teams to deal with when trading down picks. We could get a better deal from other teams, and not have to put up with a declining QB and a fumbling RB. Unless they're giving us 2nd Rounders, no deal. Tennessee would pick before us in that scenerio. Let's look at these teams with these picks..
10. Atlanta (7-9)
11. San Fransico (7-9)
12. Buffalo (7-9)
13. St. Louis (8-8)
14. Carolina (8-8)
15. Pittsburgh (8-8)
16. Green Bay (8-8)
17. Jacksonville (8-8)
18. Cincinnati (8-8)

Now which one would need a starting LT, DE, DT, SS, QB? Green Bay comes to mind because Favre is probably in his last season, and would probably lobby for a solid OT or defender. San Francisco could really use some help defensivley. St. Louis might want young legs to replace to aging Torry Holt and Isaac Bruce.

Hey, I'm willing to entertain trade rumors from those guys as well..... as yet, there aren't any so we'll have to do with what we've got.