PDA

View Full Version : Nate is moving to the Woodlands

brewhaus
02-17-2007, 01:21 PM
I heard on the radio this past week that Nate Clements is building a home in the Woodlands right now. I know it means nothing, but....logisticlly wouldn't it be sweet if he felt like "he really wanted to work close to home" this coming season?

trutxn
02-17-2007, 05:11 PM
I heard on the radio this past week that Nate Clements is building a home in the Woodlands right now. I know it means nothing, but....logisticlly wouldn't it be sweet if he felt like "he really wanted to work close to home" this coming season?

It would be nice to have him, although he is asking for a big contract. The Texans have to be careful with their cap space.

dtran04
02-17-2007, 06:57 PM
Although that would be an awful drive in traffic. heh

BeerFan
02-17-2007, 07:07 PM
i spent my educational years in the woodlands, and i must say i don't wish that on any other child. it is a sterile, idyllic suburbia with no character or dynamic or culture. its a community of warring shopping centers, enough to make one sick. ugh.

GuerillaBlack
02-17-2007, 07:13 PM
You have figured out suburban America now. All suburbs suck. My parents moved us from Alief to Cinco Ranch a few years back.

the wonger need food
02-17-2007, 08:15 PM
With Samuel being franchised the price of Clements just went up since he will be the only other premier FA CB on the market.

And when you kids grow up and start making some money you will prefer the suburbs over the city, especially if you have kids. Trust me on this one.

awtysst
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
With Samuel being franchised the price of Clements just went up since he will be the only other premier FA CB on the market.

And when you kids grow up and start making some money you will prefer the suburbs over the city, especially if you have kids. Trust me on this one.

I have to admit I have enjoyed living in cities more than in suburbia to a certain extent. When I briefly lived in Boston, I lived right in the city and loved it! When I lived in Chicago, I loved living in the city and being surrounded by it. Now that I live in Denver(I don't live in downtown), I live in more of a suburbia area and I kinda miss the feel of living in a city. You might be right though Wonger, that as I age I might prefer suburbia. I know my dad does. He came to visit me when I lived in chicago and he mentioned that he hated the idea of living "on top of people like a sardine in a can". I lived in a mini highrise(5 stories) but he still didnt like it. Good thing I couldnt afford to live on McClurg Avenue in one of those 40+ story places!

mexican_texan
02-17-2007, 08:28 PM
I believe he's been in the Woodlands.

dbspi
02-18-2007, 03:23 AM
Still he won't come cheap and he will still demand the top dollars wherever he signs.

brewhaus
02-18-2007, 07:43 AM
Still he won't come cheap and he will still demand the top dollars wherever he signs.

Yeah, he is going to get paid this year, regardless of where he goes. But he would surely be one heck of an addition to the Texans.....especially in our D backfield.