PDA

View Full Version : Jones making a run at Lions season-opener

Kaiser Toro
02-15-2007, 08:52 AM
If the Lions acquire another running back this off-season, that's fine with Kevin Jones.

Jones has a serious left foot injury. But he and the Lions say his recovery is on schedule, and he is optimistic he will be ready to start the 2007 regular season in his usual spot atop the depth chart.

"I guess it would make sense to have insurance," Jones said Tuesday. "To me, it doesn't matter who they bring in here or who's in the backfield in competition with me, because I'll win. As long as I'm healthy, I'll win it. I'll win my position."

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070214/SPORTS01/702140359/1049

TwinSisters
02-15-2007, 09:17 AM
why would you be posting this up?

Trying to build a trade story or something?

Kaiser Toro
02-15-2007, 09:35 AM
why would you be posting this up?

Trying to build a trade story or something?

The Lions have a pick before the Texans and have a young RB who is coming off an injury. Many have said AP is a possibility for the Lions and therefore thought Texnas' fans would have some interest in how Jones' recovery is going.

Does that pass muster?

edo783
02-15-2007, 09:56 AM
Does that pass muster?

Kind of Grey Pouponish to me.:tease:

TwinSisters
02-15-2007, 10:20 AM
The Lions have a pick before the Texans and have a young RB who is coming off an injury. Many have said AP is a possibility for the Lions and therefore thought Texnas' fans would have some interest in how Jones' recovery is going.

Does that pass muster?

ah gotcha. I hit this one after the Bly thread and I guess I am not in draft mode yet.

Kaiser Toro
02-15-2007, 10:44 AM
Kind of Grey Pouponish to me.:tease:

But of course.

real
02-15-2007, 10:46 AM
I'm not as concerned with the Lions taking AP as I am with the Browns...

jerek
02-15-2007, 10:54 AM
I'm not as concerned with the Lions taking AP as I am with the Browns...

That is my chief concern as well. Drafting for need is a wonderful theory but IMO not so common a practice. Last year the Saints had Deuce McCallister and plenty of WRs and they took Reggie Bush any way. I just don't see a player of AP's caliber falling all the way to us. There are teams who are obviously not in need of a running back and in need of other top talent but between the Lions, the Browns, and bad luck, it'll be a bit of a miracle if AP makes it to us.

bluestars87
02-15-2007, 10:47 PM
Kevin Jones has just been injured ever since his charmed rookie season. I wouldn't be surprised if Detroit tried yet again to get someone to be a franchise runningback.