PDA

View Full Version : Giants release OT Petigout and LB Emmons

gtexan02
02-12-2007, 09:43 PM
I guess injuries were hampering these guys last year, but both were starters. Anyone interested?

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2763433

V Man
02-12-2007, 10:01 PM
Petiqout would be the only one of the released Giants that I would want to take a look at. Any starting Olinemen should at least get a look from us.

YoungTexanFan
02-12-2007, 11:12 PM
Petiqout would be the only one of the released Giants that I would want to take a look at. Any starting Olinemen should at least get a look from us.

I take a good sniff at Petiquot.

kiwitexansfan
02-13-2007, 12:44 AM
Agreed on Petigout, he came out of nowhere to become a pretty solid tackle.

Anyone know what his injuries have been??

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
02-13-2007, 12:58 AM
Broken fibula for Petitgout and an achilles injury for Arrington.

Hookem Horns
02-13-2007, 05:49 AM
Petigout was pretty much a cap casualty and was released so that they could resign O'Hara. I was a little surprised by his release. The Texans would be wise to look at him, he was pretty solid when healthy, and his absence was felt when he went down last season.

Stay away from Emmons.

Kaiser Toro
02-13-2007, 07:43 AM
Arrington for league minimum and minimal signing bonus. The guy has been a poster child for inflated demand and subsequently low production. He also seems to be part of teams that underachieve consistently and there has been discontent on each team. He could also be in the wrong place at the wrong time or certainly not a leader to over come those situations.

I would check out Luke, the force is strong with that one.

edo783
02-13-2007, 10:33 AM
IMO, the Petigout think doesn't completly pass the smell test at this point. Even if it is a cap thing, why cut him now? A starting LT has trade value like few other positions, so that makes me nervouse. He broke his leg the week of the 5th or 12th (I've seen both numbers used). The club waited to see if he would progress quickly and get back before the end of the season before IRing him. Now in the off season they just up and cut the guy? IMO, two things should have went on, restructure the contract (may or may not have been talked with him about) or look for a trade. Doesn't seem either happend and that puts a red flag in the air until we figure out what the heck went on and the status of the injury. If we find out it was some sort of internal fight over contract dollars/cap and that his injury isn't an issue, then heck yes, let's get the boy fitted up, but until we are sure what happend, we need to move cautously.

Texans Horror
02-13-2007, 11:10 AM
Agreed, but they definitely need to be looking at him. Pettigout would answer questions at the LT spot, at least as a challenger with Spencer.

TexanAddict
02-13-2007, 11:18 AM
Petigout should definitely be given a hard look by our FO, and soon. He may be coming off a substantial injury, but that is what doctors and trainers and physicals are for. Get him in, check him out, and if he looks like he will be ready to go by the start of the season, sign him up to a reasonable contract. He would at least provide leadership and depth. They should be very thorough in conducting those physicals, however.

Mr teX
02-13-2007, 11:58 AM
Petigout should definitely be given a hard look by our FO, and soon. He may be coming off a substantial injury, but that is what doctors and trainers and physicals are for. Get him in, check him out, and if he looks like he will be ready to go by the start of the season, sign him up to a reasonable contract. He would at least provide leadership and depth. They should be very thorough in conducting those physicals, however.

Yes sir, i hate to see another Boselli-gate go on here, but i'm with Edo on this one, something's not right. plus i'm tired of over-paying for guys & getting little production out of them (Wade, Robaire & ............... {sighs} Carr) At this point, I'd just be in favor of getting a young guy in the draft & wait to see if spencer can come back strong.