PDA

View Full Version : Vikings-Larry Fitzgerald

Silver Oak
02-08-2007, 03:19 PM
http://www.footballsfuture.com/news/2007/02/vikings-to-trade-for-larry-fitzgerald.html

I think Arizona could get real good, real fast like.

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 03:48 PM
Aint gonna happen.

real
02-08-2007, 03:55 PM
Doesn't make a lot of sense to me from either teams perspetive...

El Tejano
02-08-2007, 04:02 PM
Probably a money saving thing!

bah007
02-08-2007, 04:16 PM
Probably a money saving thing!

For who?

The Vikings would have to pay Fitzgerald's contract & the Cards would have to cash out to 2 top 10 picks.

Stros5Texans80
02-08-2007, 05:56 PM
I guess they feel they won't be able to get Calvin Johnson....

Buckle
02-08-2007, 06:15 PM
This trade makes no sense for the Cardinals. Who could they get at pick #7 that would be more of an impact player than Fitzgerald?

NEROtheZERO
02-08-2007, 08:37 PM
This trade makes no sense for the Cardinals. Who could they get at pick #7 that would be more of an impact player than Fitzgerald?

It's dealing from your strength to address your weaknesses. If you have two elite WR and are offered a top 10 pick for one of them you do it. Then you still have an elite WR and two top ten rookies starting for you in 2007.

If I am Arizona I do it in a heartbeat.

Silver Oak
02-08-2007, 09:02 PM
Exactly. If I'm reading the article correctly, the Vikes are the ones that are rumored to have approached the Cards and not the other way.

I only posted the blurb as it could drastically change the way players shake out in the draft, but it's still just a rumor and those are going to keep coming.

edo783
02-08-2007, 11:07 PM
Thing to remember.....Bidwells.

Buckle
02-08-2007, 11:15 PM
Ok I understand that they would still have Boldin but you didn't answer my question of who they could get at #7 that would be more of a value for the Cardinals organization than Fitz is?? There is no defensive talent at pick #7 that is worth giving up Fitz for, heck there is no offensive talent at #7 that is worth giving up Fitz for! Its not like he is a seasoned veteran in which case I might understand your idea but he has only been in the league 2 or 3 seasons and is going to be a star in this league for years to come! You don't give up a Pro Bowl player for a crap shoot, it makes no sense!

Toro
02-09-2007, 02:33 AM
Don't read any further in to this rumor guys.. This same bull**** rumor has come up each of the last three seasons. In '05 season, he was rumored to be headed to Minnesota in a huge package deal for Moss, last year it was to the Vikings for more or less a package of garbage and now this. Unless Minnesota offers up Kevin Williams, Bryant McKinney or Steve Hutchison, Arizona's got no interest in trading Fitzgerald.

TexanAddict
02-09-2007, 10:27 AM
Don't read any further in to this rumor guys.. This same bull**** rumor has come up each of the last three seasons. In '05 season, he was rumored to be headed to Minnesota in a huge package deal for Moss, last year it was to the Vikings for more or less a package of garbage and now this. Unless Minnesota offers up Kevin Williams, Bryant McKinney or Steve Hutchison, Arizona's got no interest in trading Fitzgerald.

This is what I was thinking also. However, if the Vikes were to offer Hutchison and a pick I think the Cards would be all ears.

kastofsna
02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
it'd take a few first rounders. not one.

V Man
02-09-2007, 11:54 AM
Maybe to start protect Matt. They probably won't resign Davis, so they could draft Joe Thomas for LT and Levi Brown at RT (or vice versa). Now they would have book end for the next ten years. Not to mention they could still draft a solid WR in the second round.

Specnatz
02-09-2007, 12:33 PM
This is what I was thinking also. However, if the Vikes were to offer Hutchison and a pick I think the Cards would be all ears.

The cap hit from the signing bonus of Hutch would kill the Vikings and would not make a financial sense for them. So there is no way in the world Hutch is going anywhere.

TexanAddict
02-09-2007, 01:13 PM
The cap hit from the signing bonus of Hutch would kill the Vikings and would not make a financial sense for them. So there is no way in the world Hutch is going anywhere.

That's true. Forgot he is only going into the 2nd year of that huge contract.