PDA

View Full Version : Carr to be traded!!!! (rumor mill cnnsi.com)

TexansTrue#1Fan
02-07-2007, 03:07 PM
Great news everyone, as y'all expected Carr will be traded:doot:
According to CNNSI.com, the Houston Chronicle states Carr will be traded:

David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop.
-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

We're finally getting back on track

Tailgate
02-07-2007, 03:11 PM
If true.... fine by me. Now the question remains... who wants him, and for how much?

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
Well, Plummer will only be a band-aid. I hope to God that the rookie develops fast...

Battle Red Flash
02-07-2007, 03:12 PM
I'm okay with Carr being traded, but I wish Sage would be given the job, and another vet brought in to back him up.

TEXANS84
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
That article means nothing until it actually happens.

Stros5Texans80
02-07-2007, 03:13 PM
Wow can't wait to hear this official from sports shows. Also curious as to who he will be handing the ball off to.

Texian
02-07-2007, 03:14 PM
That is a quote from the Chronicle and at this stage is more rumor than any truth.

Ole Miss Texan
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM

David Carr will be traded, and Jake Plummer will be the Texans quarterback next season. Plummer will compete with Sage Rosenfels and a rookie Gary Kubiak wants to develop.
-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/scorecard/02/07/truth.rumors.nfl/index.html

Show me the chronicle article. This article was in the truth and rumors section. I can easily see this happening...but we have to find a trading partner for David Carr we like....AND sign Jake Plummer.

Has Jake been released by the Broncos? Have we set up a trade between the Broncos and us for him? If he becomes a FA he has to want to come here...he could go somewhere else for a starting job for more money and not have to compete with sage...

just a lot of questions still and untill I see more concrete evidence i will take this with a grain of salt.

Anybody see on ESPN this morning those senior drills? Drew Stanton looked pretty accurate in the first drills...i didn't get to see any more qb stuff though...hope he's there in the 3rd for us????

Mr. White
02-07-2007, 03:15 PM

-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:

CNNSI is reading more into it than what there is so far. They're going off the same article that we read yesterday.

rockabilly
02-07-2007, 03:16 PM
I'm okay with Carr being traded, but I wish Sage would be given the job, and another vet brought in to back him up.

We don't know for sure Sage's ability. You can't just say.."Here Sage...the offense is yours". When Plummer comes in, him and Sage will battle it out for the starting job. Plummer im sure is better than Sage and he knows the playbook already.

old football fan
02-07-2007, 03:19 PM
That statement was in John McClains blog or column. Nothing really to it, well no truth anyway.

real
02-07-2007, 03:21 PM
love it.

TEXANS84
02-07-2007, 03:21 PM
Show me the chronicle article. This article was in the truth and rumors section. I can easily see this happening...but we have to find a trading partner for David Carr we like....AND sign Jake Plummer.

It was a mis-worded rumor from the Chronicle that CNNSI decided to put on their "rumor" section. Talk about a website taking an article out of context. Now it's obvious how words from 4-5 different people end up translating to "it's going to happen."

TwinSisters
02-07-2007, 03:25 PM
that article is crap on Plummer. I call false start, 10 yards, and repeat 1st down.

---

HOWEVER the Patriots story was cool

http://thetrack.bostonherald.com/moreTrack/view.bg?articleid=181474&srvc=home

no wonder the Patriots failed... girl trouble behind the curtains.
I think Shakespeare wrapped the words around this common truth in all of humanity best.

Meloy
02-07-2007, 03:26 PM
It was a mis-worded rumor from the Chronicle that CNNSI decided to put on their "rumor" section. Talk about a website taking an article out of context. Now it's obvious how words from 4-5 different people end up translating to "it's going to happen."Psst! A UFO might land on I-10 pass it on! What a waste of mb space.

real
02-07-2007, 03:27 PM
This is the new Carr thread. Cool.

kcwilson
02-07-2007, 03:29 PM
Is this a fact: No.
Is the paper the GM of the Texans: No.
Is this how the world will learn of Carr's fate, in a blog?: No.
Will I give Justice any credibility: HEEE-LLLL NO.

Ole Miss Texan
02-07-2007, 03:31 PM
It was a mis-worded rumor from the Chronicle that CNNSI decided to put on their "rumor" section. Talk about a website taking an article out of context. Now it's obvious how words from 4-5 different people end up translating to "it's going to happen."

Thanks for clearing it up for me.

i'm not against this happening though at all. I don't think Plummer or Carr are long term answers for us so whatever will help us the next 1-2 years and be cheaper...lets do it. as well as helping our team/ new qb develop...thats key...i dont want either to hold our team back from growing/improving.

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 03:50 PM
Is this a fact: No.
Is the paper the GM of the Texans: No.
Is this how the world will learn of Carr's fate, in a blog?: No.
Will I give Justice any credibility: HEEE-LLLL NO.
justice is a joke. he said the astros were ready to trade roy oswalt to baltimore and said that mclane ordered lidge to be traded.

old football fan
02-07-2007, 04:01 PM
This is the new Carr thread. Cool.

AW right That makes it Carr thread #________, AH CRAP I lost count and we have to start over now!!!!

run-david-run
02-07-2007, 04:02 PM
justice is a joke. he said the astros were ready to trade roy oswalt to baltimore and said that mclane ordered lidge to be traded.

Was that before or after he gave him an extension? Reporters should stick to reporting the news, not making it.

real
02-07-2007, 04:03 PM
Reporters should do whatever makes them more money within legal reasoning.

texans83
02-07-2007, 04:04 PM
Was that before or after he gave him an extension? Reporters should stick to reporting the news, not making it.

I agree 110%

texans83
02-07-2007, 04:05 PM
One thing I cannot stand about 610 any more is how many comercials they play during there show and the rest of the time maybe about 20% of the show they acually talk about sports. I switched to 790 bc fewer comercials and more sport talk

texans83
02-07-2007, 04:07 PM
Reporters should do whatever makes them more money within legal reasoning.

yea but most of it is just rumors to get people to look at there publishings, its all fake. I think JM just makes up some of that stuff up just so he can keep racking up thoses hits on utube and what not

Yankee_In_TX
02-07-2007, 04:12 PM
yea but most of it is just rumors to get people to look at there publishings, its all fake. I think JM just makes up some of that stuff up just so he can keep racking up thoses hits on utube and what not

Notice Anna Megan ius attached at McClain's hip these days. I am SURE it's because of the sports opinions and views she adds.

shinerbock_girl
02-07-2007, 04:13 PM
In an article just yesterday It seems Plummer leaving is still up in the air.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=346

Notebook: Shanahan on Plummer

Coach: 'Nothing is Closed' on Plummer Return

Jake Plummer
Quarterback Jake Plummer was releived of starting duties with five games left in the season and is expected to weigh his options around the league. However, Head Coach Mike Shanahan said the door is not closed on a possible return for the 10-year veteran. PHOTO: RYAN McKEE / RICH CLARKSON AND ASSOCIATES

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Quarterback Jake Plummer made no excuses when he was demoted from the starting spot with five games left in the 2006 season.

He also made no effort to contradict the notion that rookie Jay Cutler was taken with the 11th pick in the 2006 draft to be the quarterback of the future.

Still the common thought around football this offseason is where Plummer, who is entering his 11th season and went 40-18 as the Broncos starter, will end up at the start of 2007.

It could be Denver.

Head Coach Mike Shanahan said the "nothing is closed" in regard to Plummer staying in Denver. If the quarterback wants to remain, likely as a backup, he can.

The coach acknowledged, however, that Plummer -- who was unavailable for comment Tuesday -- would likely prefer to be a starter somewhere else.

He also said the team has not set a deadline to decide Plummer's fate.

"There's really not a target date," Shanahan said at his year-end press conference. "I am sure Jake would like to be a starter in the National Football League. He's 40-18 as a starter and there should be a number of teams that want to take a look at him as a starter and give him a great opportunity to show what he can do. We'll just have to wait and see."

The team can also release or trade Plummer.

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
about a month after. justice said that the astros offered oswalt when it was widely rumored peter angelos asked for oswalt after GM purpura had all but sealed the deal for tejada.

BigWig
02-07-2007, 04:15 PM
Darn Darn Darn, y'all just ruined my day.
Oh well at least I can go home and drink this one off!

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 04:17 PM
One thing I cannot stand about 610 any more is how many comercials they play during there show and the rest of the time maybe about 20% of the show they acually talk about sports. I switched to 790 bc fewer comercials and more sport talk
you probably arent talking about that joke of a morning show they have then. davies northeast accent is unbearable and dukes is a one trick pony (talking about #8). zierlein and granato get off topic, but i'd listen to them over davies/dukes anyday.

texans83
02-07-2007, 04:19 PM
you probably arent talking about that joke of a morning show they have then. davies northeast accent is unbearable and dukes is a one trick pony (talking about #8). zierlein and granato get off topic, but i'd listen to them over davies/dukes anyday.

No this is during the day when 610 is on with TB. I would much rather listen to things that are going on in my city IMO

real
02-07-2007, 04:20 PM
I like the other guys, but I love Davies and Dukes.

eric138
02-07-2007, 04:50 PM
Further down it reads Michael Myers will be on the market..

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
Further down it reads Michael Myers will be on the market..

The one from Halloween ? He's not fast but he's persistent .

shinerbock_girl
02-07-2007, 04:52 PM
The one from Halloween ? He's not fast but he's persistent .

Hey, and he gets the Job done, shows no mercy...Lets sign him.

El Tejano
02-07-2007, 05:00 PM
That quote was from John Mclain's blog. Nuff said.

Navy_Chris
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM

-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:

Nobody's mentioned him, but what about Jared Zabransky late in the draft? He's a proven leader on the field and he comes from a winning team (Boise State). What do y'all think? I think this guy's gonna be a surprise to whatever team drafts him.

QB75
02-07-2007, 05:47 PM
Nobody's mentioned him, but what about Jared Zabransky late in the draft? He's a proven leader on the field and he comes from a winning team (Boise State). What do y'all think? I think this guy's gonna be a surprise to whatever team drafts him.

I think he has a chance to do well in the NFL.

Texans_Chick
02-07-2007, 06:00 PM
Not a rumor:

Rosenfels still has his cast on his broken hand.

I didn't see him, but he was interviewed by the Sports Chics, an all female sports radio show in Tampa Bay. I met with them for a while, and they were asking how he broke his hand because he still had a cast on it.

They were super impressed by him--very articulate guy.

Arky
02-07-2007, 06:04 PM
All the Carr/Plummer trade rumors have started with the Chronicle. Other than Kubiak saying "Jake's still got some good football left him" once, nothing, absolutely nothing has come from Texans about Jake Plummer.

The Plummer/Kubiak connection is obvious. But so much bandwidth wasted over this .... Jake is still a Bronco and Carr is still a Texan.

Until the Texans report a change in the status quo, things like this happening are just a figment of McClain's imagination..... Perhaps he thinks if people start believing it, it will happen. I have no idea why he insists on this stance.... He's gonna look awful goofy if it doesn't happen....

New_Texans
02-07-2007, 06:13 PM
Ill take Carr over Plummer PLEASE!!!

I DONT WANT A SNAKE ON MY TEAM ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

Texans Pride
02-07-2007, 06:25 PM
Can a mod please change the title of this thread since it is clearly speculation at this point.

I almost spit soda all over my computer when I saw the title, I thought something for sure had taken place.

shinerbock_girl
02-07-2007, 06:31 PM
Can a mod please change the title of this thread since it is clearly speculation at this point.

I almost spit soda all over my computer when I saw the title, I thought something for sure had taken place.

I second that...

TEXANS84
02-07-2007, 06:31 PM
I second that...

Done. You all can breathe now.

Texans Pride
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
Done. You all can breathe now.

lol, thanks brother!

Clash_Fan3605
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I hope, I hope, I hope this article is true!!:yes:

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 06:49 PM
I hope something happens and it does'nt drag on .

It is refreshing not to get a negative rep for saying something that's not swell about the QB .

HoustonFrog
02-07-2007, 06:54 PM
I hope something happens and it does'nt drag on .

It is refreshing not to get a negative rep for saying something that's not swell about the QB .

Mort was reporting on ESPN earlier that they are looking to deal too. Just from what the gained through McNair's statements.

He also said that if Rosenfels had been healthy he would have started a couple of the last games.

Double Barrel
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
Notice Anna Megan ius attached at McClain's hip these days. I am SURE it's because of the sports opinions and views she adds.

You should check out her myspace page. She (or whoever) has a bunch of videos of her and McClain.

They're a 'cute couple'. :winky: beauty & the beast?

GuerillaBlack
02-07-2007, 07:01 PM
My cousin called me from Grapevine, Texas and said that the ESPN Radio in Dallas, that they want Carr, or would not mind having him. They say he is good, just the Texans suck.

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 07:02 PM
I do believe that Sage would have played against the Jets had he not been hurt .

I do think that once Sage took over it was his time to shine or prove he could'nt .

You know Phil Collins would have never been Phil Collins if Peter Gabriel had'nt quit .

Texans Pride
02-07-2007, 07:04 PM
My cousin called me from Grapevine, Texas and said that the ESPN Radio in Dallas, that they want Carr, or would not mind having him. They say he is good, just the Texans suck.

Am I understanding you correctly? Are you saying that ESPN in Dallas is saying that they would like to have David Carr as a Cowboy?

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 07:04 PM

Dallas wants Carr ? I'd pay to see TO and Carr .

GuerillaBlack
02-07-2007, 07:14 PM
Dallas wants Carr ? I'd pay to see TO and Carr .

My cousin said their radio guy (forgot his name) wouldn't mind seeing Carr because he could give Romo competition. They said that Carr is not bad at all, just in a bad situation in Houston.

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 07:16 PM
My cousin said their radio guy (forgot his name) wouldn't mind seeing Carr because he could give Romo competition. They said that Carr is not bad at all, just in a bad situation in Houston.

Attention Kmart shoppers ... we have a red and blue light special .

I hope Jerry does'nt remember Drew Henson .

Hulk75
02-07-2007, 07:57 PM
If true.... fine by me. Now the question remains... who wants him, and for how much?

I have no idea who would want him?

Double Barrel
02-07-2007, 08:00 PM
I have no idea who would want him?

If he's as good as you say, then a lot of teams should be lining up to make a deal. :winky:

Hulk75
02-07-2007, 08:01 PM
If he's as good as you say, then a lot of teams should be lining up to make a deal. :winky:

:shades: ..........We Will See baby. :winky:

powerfuldragon
02-07-2007, 08:10 PM
yup.

TexansLucky13
02-07-2007, 08:13 PM
:shades: ..........We Will See baby. :winky:

I know somebody has the inside scoop. I wouldn't be surprised if it involved that team on your avatar, either.

Fill us in!

HomeBred_Texan
02-07-2007, 08:16 PM
Ill take Carr over Plummer PLEASE!!!

I DONT WANT A SNAKE ON MY TEAM ARGGGGGGGHHHHHHH!!!!

I agree... We would all be snake bit soon...

kastofsna
02-07-2007, 08:17 PM
bucs get carr, leftwich goes to the raiders, and let the draft process begin.

bigcarlos
02-07-2007, 09:58 PM

Thats true....but I hope it happens:doot: :drunk:

jayjordan
02-07-2007, 10:02 PM
Thats all I ever wanted now that he's gone lets do the d**n thang

bigTEXan8
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
carr is going to be around for another year...learn to accept it people.

yourfavoritetexan42
02-07-2007, 10:29 PM
I don't want to practically give him away... I want at least a little value in return for Carr, he is a good talent, and has more talent then any quarterback in the draft, jake plummer, and sage rosenfels, whether you like it or not.

HoustonFrog
02-07-2007, 11:12 PM
I don't want to practically give him away... I want at least a little value in return for Carr, he is a good talent, and has more talent then any quarterback in the draft, jake plummer, and sage rosenfels, whether you like it or not.

I wouldn't go that far. Some people are going to have to accept that the NFL is a hard life and that most QBs drafted have talent, but only a select few have what it takes to learn and play in the league. He just isn't that good right now.

AustinJB
02-07-2007, 11:13 PM

What is your definition of talent?

If you mean that he has great physical attributes, then yes, he does. But then again so did Ryan Leaf. Physical attributes alone mean absolutely nothing if you can't apply them to the game.

SamuraiSword
02-08-2007, 01:01 AM

You forgot to wear your tinfoil hat l:tinfoil:

I think aliens are scrambling your brain........

South Texan
02-08-2007, 01:53 AM
I find it interesting that the media that is saying Carr is absolutely, for sure, 100% gone are they same one's that were saying there was no doubt that Reggie would be playing in Houston. Just a thought.

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 09:45 AM
New update:
Since the Broncos benched quarterback Jake Plummer, speculation has persisted about where he would end up in 2007.

But Broncos coach Mike Shanahan made it clear this week he will determine that because Denver intends to trade Plummer, not cut him.

Shanahan pointed out that the Broncos deserve compensation for a quarterback who has compiled a 40-18 record as a starter in Denver.

And Denver could have another factor working in its favor. The two teams expected to be the most interested in Plummer, Houston and Jacksonville, each has a coach familiar with him.

In Houston, Texans head coach Gary Kubiak worked with Plummer in Denver. In Jacksonville, Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is the former Arizona State head coach. Koetter admires Plummer, Plummer admires Koetter. If Kubiak and the Texans don't stand in the way, the two could be working together again.
http://www.nfl.com/nflnetwork/story/9981491

Texas_Thrill
02-08-2007, 11:08 AM
carr is going to be around for another year...learn to accept it people.

could not agree more.

Lucky
02-08-2007, 11:48 AM
In Jacksonville, Jaguars offensive coordinator Dirk Koetter is the former Arizona State head coach. Koetter admires Plummer, Plummer admires Koetter.
Koetter was head coach at ASU, from '01 - '06. Plummer was drafted in '97. Koetter may well be admired by Jake, but he has never coached him. Kubiak has.

TexanFanInCC
02-08-2007, 11:51 AM

-- Houston Chronicle

Here's the link:

Are you sure that this isnt a prediction that John McLain made that was misinterpreted as a "truth" rumor?

TwinSisters
02-08-2007, 11:54 AM
I agree... We would all be snake bit soon...

The funny thing about this... is that it happened before. Ken "The Snake" Stabler 1979-1980.

I hope the FO releases some of cans of "Snake Juice" cola just like last time too.

IF it would happen... which I don't think it will, for no other reason then it would be bad for Jake to take it when other more competitive teams have the cap room to make a play for him.

Blu
02-08-2007, 11:58 AM
Maybe the best looking QB for women, but not talent wise.

El Tejano
02-08-2007, 12:01 PM
Let's just get Bucky Richardson to come out of retirement and end this all.

Seriously though, what would be the benefit of trading with The Panthers.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-08-2007, 12:45 PM
Let's just get Bucky Richardson to come out of retirement and end this all.

Seriously though, what would be the benefit of trading with The Panthers.
Straight up for Delhomme? Or Carr as his backup? This is the first I have heard of this...

El Tejano
02-08-2007, 12:47 PM
Straight up for Delhomme? Or Carr as his backup? This is the first I have heard of this...

That sounds like more of benefit for The Panthers. What about us?

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 02:02 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/rumors/post/Carr-s-future-with-Texans-in-doubt;_ylt=Ak4zJhB_mXmMGTblLbwMX2xDubYF?urn=nfl,23 955
Carr's future with Texans in doubt

Thursday, Feb 8, 2007 10:44 am EST
David Carr

Houston Texans QB David Carr's future with his team is uncertain after team owner Bob McNair expressed an attempt to improve the position in free agency. Carr is expected to make $5.5 million in 2007 and $6 million in 2008.

"It's not just a question of, 'Are you totally satisfied with the results at that position?' The real question is, 'What can I do to improve myself at that position?'," said McNair. "If I'm not in a position to get someone who is better than the person who is in that position, you're going to continue doing what you've been doing."

Source: Houston Chronicle

This is still what its going to come down to, if they don't find someone better they will stick with Carr, and what better QB's are really out there for grabs that are available???

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 02:28 PM
This is still what its going to come down to, if they don't find someone better they will stick with Carr, and what better QB's are really out there for grabs that are available???

Plummer and Huard.

TexansTrueFan
02-08-2007, 02:33 PM
Plummer and Huard.

Show me someone who has had success behind a terrible o-line that is out there, then maybe. Both of them had GOOD lines to protect them. So whats to say they wouldnt be Worse than Carr playing here under pressure ?

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 02:52 PM
Show me someone who has had success behind a terrible o-line that is out there, then maybe. Both of them had GOOD lines to protect them. So whats to say they wouldnt be Worse than Carr playing here under pressure ?

Carr to me seems like damaged goods.

For instance, Carr was taken out of the Titans game where he held onto the ball too long and was repeatedly sacked. Carr was then benched, and Rosenfels came in. Rosenfels not sacked, and throws for 3 touchdowns with "awareness", something that I feel that Carr is lacking.

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 03:03 PM
Plummer and Huard.

And who's to say Plummer would even choose the Texans???? Just cause he's available doesn't mean he's a sure thing...Again back where we started...

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 03:05 PM
And who's to say Plummer would even choose the Texans???? Just cause he's available doesn't mean he's a sure thing...Again back where we started...

His greatest success was around Kubiak. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 03:08 PM
His greatest success was around Kubiak. It doesn't take a rocket scientist to see that.

He also has connections to the Jags as well....Till i hear him say he would consider the Texans i think it still stands as a draw...

Navy_Chris
02-08-2007, 03:12 PM
He also has connections to the Jags as well....Till i hear him say he would consider the Texans i think it still stands as a draw...

Am I the only person that likes the idea of Carr going to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers? I truly believe that Rosenfels can start for us next season, with Rodgers lying in wait. I think Rodgers also has great potential as an NFL QB.

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 03:15 PM
Am I the only person that likes the idea of Carr going to Green Bay for Aaron Rodgers? I truly believe that Rosenfels can start for us next season, with Rodgers lying in wait. I think Rodgers also has great potential as an NFL QB.

Other then his success in College, what is it you like about Rodgers??? Green Bay hardly let him play....

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 03:26 PM

From Lucky, last page:
Koetter was head coach at ASU, from '01 - '06. Plummer was drafted in '97. Koetter may well be admired by Jake, but he has never coached him. Kubiak has.

Navy_Chris
02-08-2007, 03:28 PM
Other then his success in College, what is it you like about Rodgers??? Green Bay hardly let him play....

He didn't get a fair shake in Green Bay. Nobody wanted him there, basically. And his college success is exactly what I like about Rodgers. I think we're in a position right now where Gary can groom a QB like Rodgers into a winner.

MightyTExan
02-08-2007, 03:53 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Quinton Porter? Like I've posted before, if Kubiak picked him, he's someone to keep an eye on. He might be Koob's "ace in the hole".

Navy_Chris
02-08-2007, 04:04 PM
Is everyone forgetting about Quinton Porter? Like I've posted before, if Kubiak picked him, he's someone to keep an eye on. He might be Koob's "ace in the hole".

That IS a good point. He was sent to NFL Europe to gain valuable experience. At the beginning of last season, Gary DID say that whoever was on the practice squad was going to be someone he thought had the potential to be a valuable QB in the future. I don't think he's the answer to our current starting QB problem though. I would like to see him retained on the roster as our 3rd QB.

jerek
02-08-2007, 04:10 PM

You're the only person, yes. Aaron Rodgers? What is this fanbase coming to ...

NATHANHALE
02-08-2007, 04:45 PM

I'm just curious--if we bring in another QB and he 'lights up' the NFL-then Carr goes to a couple more teams and fails--are you going to be able to deal with it?

bah007
02-08-2007, 04:59 PM

Aaron Rodgers?

Trade one Tedford QB for another huh?

I dont wanna waste any time with Rodgers. I saw him as a complete bust before the draft even happened and up to this point, I have been proven right.

dirty steve
02-08-2007, 05:01 PM
Carr to me seems like damaged goods.

For instance, Carr was taken out of the Titans game where he held onto the ball too long and was repeatedly sacked. Carr was then benched, and Rosenfels came in. Rosenfels not sacked, and throws for 3 touchdowns with "awareness", something that I feel that Carr is lacking.
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= Rosenfels no sacks.
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= throws for 3 TD's
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= no pressure on the QB so makes it easier to not get sacked and throw 3 TD's and appear more "aware." not apologizing for #8, but it's not like Rosenfels was running for his life in the 2nd half. don't make a judgement on Rosenfels based on one half of one game and the preseason against 2nd stringers.

El Tejano
02-08-2007, 05:06 PM
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= Rosenfels no sacks.
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= throws for 3 TD's
tacks not motivated to get to the passer= no pressure on the QB so makes it easier to not get sacked and throw 3 TD's and appear more "aware." not apologizing for #8, but it's not like Rosenfels was running for his life in the 2nd half. don't make a judgement on Rosenfels based on one half of one game and the preseason against 2nd stringers.

I know but including preseason ( I know it was jut preseason) all we have seen this dude do is come in and move the team.

Andrew6
02-08-2007, 05:09 PM
I have this weird feeling that if DC is traded we'll be sitting on this message board in 9 monthes going " WTF were we thinking". Plummer is washed up and can't hit a receiver to save his life, guy spends more time on his back than Madonna.

Just Looking into my Magic Eightballs to predict the Future....

dirty steve
02-08-2007, 05:18 PM
I know but including preseason ( I know it was jut preseason) all we have seen this dude do is come in and move the team.
alot of backup QB's look good in the preseason. he produced, but not against the talent he is likely to see over the course of an NFL season.

cj5776
02-08-2007, 05:19 PM
He didn't get a fair shake in Green Bay. Nobody wanted him there, basically. And his college success is exactly what I like about Rodgers. I think we're in a position right now where Gary can groom a QB like Rodgers into a winner.

I don't think the packers have given up on him. Favre's career is just lasting longer than planned. IF carr does leave it will probably to a backup role.

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 05:33 PM

Maybe your right Texans84, i may not know that much about it...Thanks for the article on Koetter...I still feel Carr will be here next year...Just not too many options out there right now and i have to stand by Carr till he's gone....

TEXANS84
02-08-2007, 05:51 PM
Maybe your right Texans84, i may not know that much about it...Thanks for the article on Koetter...I still feel Carr will be here next year...Just not too many options out there right now and i have to stand by Carr till he's gone....

No, you're right...there aren't that many options right now. Last year there were plenty, but we won't get into that.
Now whatever Smith and McNair decide to do, it seems as if their only hope at this point is a short term plug whether it be David, or someone else.

The market is exceptionally slim for seasoned quarterbacks this offseason. So sticking with Carr may be the only option for them. Time will tell.

shinerbock_girl
02-08-2007, 05:52 PM
No, you're right...there aren't that many options right now. Last year there were plenty, but we won't get into that.
Now whatever Smith and McNair decide to do, it seems as if their only hope at this point is a short term plug whether it be David, or someone else.

The market is exceptionally slim for seasoned quarterbacks this offseason. So sticking with Carr may be the only option for them. Time will tell.

God help us huh????? LOL.....

NATHANHALE
02-08-2007, 08:20 PM
God help us huh????? LOL.....

How did we end up with this choice-- Carr or nobody?

NATHANHALE
02-08-2007, 09:49 PM

Kitna, from Detroit--remember?

The Pencil Neck
02-08-2007, 10:16 PM

Any why is it that Nobody looks like the best option?

QB75
02-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Any why is it that Nobody looks like the best option?

...only to you maybe, but you'll figure it out eventually.:shades:

AustinJB
02-08-2007, 11:46 PM

LOL, that's a loaded question.

...I'll tell you what is crazier than paying VY $50 mil to sit for a season to learn the NFL......it's paying Carr $50 mil to run around and make bad decisions for 4 years and when you have the chance to get someone potentially better, you sign him to an extension and keep dumping money on him b/c of HIS potential that he has yet to prove:stirpot:

In this instance, I really hate that I was/am right.:shades:

BattleRedToro
02-09-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL, that's a loaded question.

In this instance, I really hate that I was/am right.:shades:

Don't pat yourself on the back, yet. Vince Young is a long way from proving himself to be an average QB much less worthy of a being first overall.

The Pencil Neck
02-09-2007, 01:25 AM
...only to you maybe, but you'll figure it out eventually.:shades:

Only to me? Do you think I'm the only one on here who doesn't want Carr as our QB?

And I did eventually figure it out. Before this past season started, I was defending him left and right.

Hookem Horns
02-09-2007, 06:30 AM
Only to me? Do you think I'm the only one on here who doesn't want Carr as our QB?

And I did eventually figure it out. Before this past season started, I was defending him left and right.

I think it is safe to say that everyone with the exception of David Carr's relatives see the obvious. With that in mind, if I were a relative of David Carr's I would want him going somewhere else also. I think this is just one of those situations where both parties (team and player) need a change to have the best chance of getting better.

petedy
02-09-2007, 10:11 AM
I believe Carr will not be traded or return to the team but will be released.Why you say? Because the rest of the league knows Kubiak wants Carr gone and nobody is going give up anything for him when they could get him for free.Kubiak only gave lip service last season about Carr and his real desire is to have Plummer as a Texan and draft a rookie for grooming.Even if Carr had a good season he was toast anyway by Kubiak and the fan base.

Hookem Horns
02-09-2007, 10:56 AM
Even if Carr had a good season he was toast anyway by Kubiak and the fan base.

I don't buy that. Carr could have redeemed himself last season and won over Kubiak and the fans.

MightyTExan
02-09-2007, 11:12 AM
What if Carr starts next season and we win the first 2 games?

Mr. White
02-09-2007, 11:17 AM
What if Carr starts next season and we win the first 2 games?

We're all hoping that we win the first two games no matter who starts.

MightyTExan
02-09-2007, 11:35 AM
We're all hoping that we win the first two games no matter who starts.

Me too. But with Kubiak at the helm, I think we will be a good team.

donbmt
02-09-2007, 11:44 AM
That cnnsi article also says that Norv Turner will be the coach of the Cowpukes, go figure.

humbleone
02-09-2007, 11:50 AM
I think it is safe to say that everyone with the exception of David Carr's relatives see the obvious. With that in mind, if I were a relative of David Carr's I would want him going somewhere else also. I think this is just one of those situations where both parties (team and player) need a change to have the best chance of getting better.

OK, I am going to break my rule about responding to any more of the "everyone knows...threads" regarding DC and just say that I am not a relative or friend of DC and I accept the fact that it may actually work out that Carr is our best option at QB again in '07.

Thank goodness, we will all know the real answer to this debate soon.

GO Smith...get us a CB, FS and OLB in the off-season buddy!!!

2BCF
02-09-2007, 01:55 PM
I have this weird feeling that if DC is traded we'll be sitting on this message board in 9 monthes going " WTF were we thinking".

Just Looking into my Magic Eightballs to predict the Future....

I agree. We'll be saying, what were we thinking keeping that bum for all these years when we could've been winning!

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-09-2007, 02:49 PM
2BCarrFree, I admit Carr to be a problem. But if you think for a minute that he is the only problem, or the only reason we were not winning, then you prove yourself to be quite simple minded.
We have a mediocre O-line. Until this past season, we had incompetence on the head coaching level. Our defensive secondary plays ever so-so. These are some of our problems. A new QB may be a step in the right direction, but it will not be a cure all.
Oh yeah, just for good measure... :fireball:vy

beerlover
02-09-2007, 07:24 PM
don't usually post in the Bull Pen, but did'nt Casserly get a 3rd rd. draft pick from the Cowboys for Drew Henson? now you guys think Carrs worth only a 4th rd pick @ best? one way or another Highway Robbery is being committed :cowboy1: either A. Casserly was'nt so bad or B. Carr is worse than ever imagined

the truth lies somewhere in between, brace yourselves the resolution is close at hand :cool:

bah007
02-09-2007, 07:44 PM
don't usually post in the Bull Pen, but did'nt Casserly get a 3rd rd. draft pick from the Cowboys for Drew Henson? now you guys think Carrs worth only a 4th rd pick @ best? one way or another Highway Robbery is being committed :cowboy1: either A. Casserly was'nt so bad or B. Carr is worse than ever imagined

the truth lies somewhere in between, brace yourselves the resolution is close at hand :cool:

Casserly was bad.

But he robbed Dallas when he got the 3rd for Henson.

They were desperate & Casserly really smoked them with that deal.

cj5776
02-09-2007, 09:03 PM
Casserly was bad.

But he robbed Dallas when he got the 3rd for Henson.

They were desperate & Casserly really smoked them with that deal.

to me that shows how bad the cow girls were with personal decisions before Parcels, I wonder how this return to Jones back in power will effect similiar choices.

Even though I vowed to never entered any of the DC threads, i do want to give my 2 cents... We need to look at Drew Brees. Even though DC has been given a lot more chances. I just think he should still be around but just not be handed the starting spot anymore, make him start earning his playing time

bah007
02-09-2007, 09:14 PM
to me that shows how bad the cow girls were with personal decisions before Parcels, I wonder how this return to Jones back in power will effect similiar choices.

Even though I vowed to never entered any of the DC threads, i do want to give my 2 cents... We need to look at Drew Brees. Even though DC has been given a lot more chances. I just think he should still be around but just not be handed the starting spot anymore, make him start earning his playing time

How in the world would we be able to pry Drew Brees away from New Orleans?

QB75
02-09-2007, 09:17 PM

You have to underatand that posters like cj kive in a fantasy world. Don't confuse them with facts and reality. :shades:

cj5776
02-09-2007, 09:54 PM

Not to get him, he was just an example of someone that everyone gave up on and then with the drafting of rivers the pressure seemed to be taken off and Brees finally came around and turned into a very solid QB. Maybe that direction is needed with Carr. Make him earn the starting role.

HJam72
02-09-2007, 09:56 PM
Well, IF we can get Drew Brees, I say with go with that idea. :drunk:

But, I have to wonder if Brees could beat out Carr when he gets here. :jk:

cj5776
02-09-2007, 10:23 PM
You have to underatand that posters like cj kive in a fantasy world. Don't confuse them with facts and reality. :shades:

I never said anything about trying to get Brees!!!!

I just thought he was a reason to have hope for Carr.

bah007
02-09-2007, 10:29 PM
Not to get him, he was just an example of someone that everyone gave up on and then with the drafting of rivers the pressure seemed to be taken off and Brees finally came around and turned into a very solid QB. Maybe that direction is needed with Carr. Make him earn the starting role.

The only difference is that Brees was a very solid QB before he went to the Saints. I think he made the Pro Bowl in his last season with the Chargers.

But Carr is different. He has never been solid. He has always been mediocre.

cj5776
02-09-2007, 10:34 PM
okay let me try this again.... BEFORE Brees was a probowler, nobody in San Diego thought he was the man so they drafted rivers and then boom, Brees stepped up because THE PRESSURE WAS FINALLY OFF

Keep Carr but demote him and make him earn it

beerlover
02-09-2007, 10:47 PM
I would settle for re-structering Carrs contract & making him earn the starting position with all the other QB's :stirpot:

cj5776
02-09-2007, 11:03 PM
Finally!!!!!! Someone is on my bandwagon!!!!! So... which QBs would you bring in? I say no to Plummer, stick to people with upside that can be developed. All of the Sage lovers should finally get their moment to be heard so no more of the hype over less than a total game of action. Troy Smith in the third would be a steal!!!!!

bah007
02-09-2007, 11:09 PM
Finally!!!!!! Someone is on my bandwagon!!!!! So... which QBs would you bring in? I say no to Plummer, stick to people with upside that can be developed. All of the Sage lovers should finally get their moment to be heard so no more of the hype over less than a total game of action. Troy Smith in the third would be a steal!!!!!

I would rather have Jeff Garcia than anyone in the draft.

cj5776
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I would rather have Jeff Garcia than anyone in the draft.

Why??? Zero upside, nothing to development. For a team in a win now situation that's fine but the Texans are still a young team. I think the playoffs are realistic but they still need a qb of the future.

edo783
02-09-2007, 11:19 PM
I would settle for re-structering Carrs contract & making him earn the starting position with all the other QB's :stirpot:

That would be a sensible and prudent thing to do. Probably why it won't get done.

mexican_texan
02-09-2007, 11:22 PM
I'm sure he'll agree to lose money and potentially his job.

bah007
02-09-2007, 11:28 PM
Why??? Zero upside, nothing to development. For a team in a win now situation that's fine but the Texans are still a young team. I think the playoffs are realistic but they still need a qb of the future.

Zero upside? Garcia could help make us a win-now team. He is a proven Pro Bowl QB.

Nobody in the draft is proven & none of them besided Russell & Quinn will ever be better than Carr.

If Russell falls to us I would think about pulling the trigger, but we have more pressing needs with our first pick. He is the only QB I would think about drafting this year unless Stanton fell to the 4th.

The Pencil Neck
02-09-2007, 11:35 PM

That's not even close to what happened with Brees. He was drafted, sat out his first year. His second year, he had what would have been Carr's 2nd best year. Had a bad year and was injured his third year. They drafted his replacement before his 4th year and he came out and had 2 straight great years at San Diego and they let him go to the Saints because of how much money they had tied up with Rivers and because Brees had another injury.

Before going to the Saints, Brees had already had 2 seasons that Carr can only dream of. I mean, if Carr can have a season where he throws 27 TD's and only 7 interceptions, we would canonize him. He'd be nominated for saint-hood. (Get it? Sainthood?)

cj5776
02-09-2007, 11:36 PM
Garcia has about 2 good years left in him and then we are back in the same situation all over again. What's the point of that?

I know the odds are not with him but Troy Smith seems to have that moxie which should mean more than combine stats. I would love to see DC, SR, and TS just ball it out for a starting spot.

Only performance should determine depth chart standings.

bah007
02-09-2007, 11:38 PM
Garcia has about 2 good years left in him and then we are back in the same situation all over again. What's the point of that?

I know the odds are not with him but Troy Smith seems to have that moxie which should mean more than combine stats. I would love to see DC, SR, and TS just ball it out for a starting spot.

What's wrong with getting a QB who has 2 years left? At least it would be 2 good years.

According to 90% board, Carr will never have a good year with us.

And if we drafted a rookie he would have to sit out 2 years to be just as mediocre as Carr is now.

I would rather have 2 good years then fall back to where we are right now instead of doing the same thing we're already doing for 2 years and still be in the same spot we are now.

The Pencil Neck
02-09-2007, 11:39 PM

Garcia gives us 2 years to groom a replacement AND we would immediately be an improved team. I think we would immediately be a team to reckon with.

If we draft a QB and throw him to the wolves, we're probably 2 years from having a shot at a winning season.

Mr. White
02-09-2007, 11:48 PM
Honest question here.....

What do you guys think that Garcia can do for the Texans?

He's playing behind the best Offensive Line in the league right now IMO, so he looks like an All-Pro. I kinda think if he came to Houston, he'd be Cleveland or Detroit Jeff Garcia again.

Maybe y'all are seeing something that I'm not.

beerlover
02-09-2007, 11:50 PM
I'm sure he'll agree to lose money and potentially his job.

well he could just take the money & be out of a job (released) after all the Texans did'nt have a gun to the head when they offered him the contract :gun: after 5 years ye have little faith in the man who has tried at least to give everything he had without complaint while getting the snot kicked out him with constant pressure from the media and fans alike. he already has plenty of money, all David wants (IMO) is a chance to prove himself with some decent help :ok: maybe the contract could have incentives that equate to his current contract but actually requires production and improvement theres a novel idea :winky:

cj5776
02-10-2007, 12:05 AM
Garcia gives us 2 years to groom a replacement AND we would immediately be an improved team. I think we would immediately be a team to reckon with.

If we draft a QB and throw him to the wolves, we're probably 2 years from having a shot at a winning season.

Garcia might be a huge upgrade over Sage Rosenfells but I think Gracia will demand a nice chunk of the Texans cap room and it seems that money might be better spent at other positions. If SR has the best camp lets see what he can do. I think there is less risk with him than Garcia.

Blu
02-10-2007, 12:10 AM
Anyone catch what Andre Johnson said on Sirius Radio today during his interview on the Afternoon Blitz.. I tuned in late but the host were talking about how Aj wouldn't endorse Carr.
Hope I can catch it later on and get the whole story.

Dunta_23
02-10-2007, 12:12 AM
Did anybody watch Jeff Garcia when he played in Detroit and Cleveland??? He was horrible...and he wouldnt be the Jeff Garcia from Philly if he was here...we dont have a RB as good as Westbrook to carry games for us and dont have the protection he usually got from his line....I think wed be dissapointed with what Garcia would offer us....especially signing him for around 5 mil....( I know David Carr gets paid more to do less)

sk8termom
02-10-2007, 12:35 AM
I'm not nearly as knowlegeable as most of you so bear with me... I live in Cleveland - much of the reason that Jeff Garcia failed here is that he is a West Coast Offense quarterback. And they run a similar offense in Philly. Is there a similar offense in Houston. I think it would be difficult for Garcia to succeed in another system..

Again - I don't pretend to be an expert here. Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts

New_Texans
02-10-2007, 12:38 AM
How is Jake Plummer an improvement???

He was playing for a Denver team that was 10 times better than the Texans when he had his 1 good year!!!!!!

Plummer is horrible guys...trust me, keep carr before going to plummer.

but i wouldnt mind seeing that Boise St. Qb...maybe. He confuses me a bit since hes pretty much going up against the same conference carr had...however he did beat Oklahoma.

cj5776
02-10-2007, 12:39 AM
yes the system is similiar but my objection is the Texans have more important needs and he is not worth the price

New_Texans
02-10-2007, 12:42 AM
The Texans lost 2 games due to fullbacks fumbling

all the horrible Carr games were in blowouts where Carr was forced to throw a bunch...(not the NE game, he was just horrible.) This season was a regression for Carr; he was never this bad before but, he was actually going through the growing pains of learning an offense.

dirty steve
02-10-2007, 12:45 AM
I don't buy that. Carr could have redeemed himself last season and won over Kubiak and the fans.
Carr could have thrown for 4000 yards this year and it wouldnt have been good enough because of an outbreak of Tenn-10 fever. It causes people to become delirious and root for another team instead of the one they previously rooted for. (see also: bandwagoning or front-running)

Mr. White
02-10-2007, 01:18 AM
Carr could have thrown for 4000 yards this year and it wouldnt have been good enough because of an outbreak of Tenn-10 fever. It causes people to become delirious and root for another team instead of the one they previously rooted for. (see also: bandwagoning or front-running)

If Carr would've passed for that many yards, then he probably would have never passed for -5 at any point during the season.

Agreed here that VY has more fans than Carr does. Carr could have stopped that from happening by being a better QB this season.

The fact is that Texans fans just aren't impressed with the guy...and this was supposed to be his breakout year.

Ole Miss Texan
02-10-2007, 01:37 AM
I don't think our starting qb next season will be our long term answer. if we keep carr and he's our starter i doubt he gets another contract here when this one expires. if garcia comes and has 2 good years left or if plummer comes...he's old too. all 3 of those guys won't play more than 3 years here in houston imo. i don't really care what we do at qb for the most part becuase they arent going to be a texan for very long.

i think we need to get a young qb as well. probably from the draft. if russell falls to us i would consider taking him. other than him i would wait until the 3rd round. if troy smith or drew stanton are there...i might consider them...i think stanton might do well with 2 years of kubiak and shanahan training. people give smith a hard time cuz he looked bad in the national championship. i think thats very unfair to him...fla D was dominant and thats cuz they had both their safeties playing back the entire time...i think we only go to see reggie nelson on tv like 3 times...leinart would have looked that bad..its not really smiths fault...ohio st. just couldnt regroup and change their strategy.

i like the idea of getting one of those guys in the 3rd because they would cost less...and i want them to sit at least a full season. russell would be a lot more expensive and i would want him to sit and learn as well. russell is extremely bright...les miles thinks russell will be a coach someday. JM is still fairly inconsistent and needs some coaching...i dont think he could step in like vince did. this is probably a moot point since he will most likely be picked verrry high.

Carr/Plummer/Garcia/Bledsoe? are not our long term answers...Schaub would cost us way too much to get. Sage? we havnt seen enough of him to make him our starter...or to say that. i liked what he did when he came in...but i feel people are just tired of carr and would be fine w/ anybody.

The Pencil Neck
02-10-2007, 02:26 AM

Having never wanted VY on the Texans, I don't fall into that camp.

All I wanted from Carr was around 3200+ yards, >15 TD's, <11 INTS, and >62% completion rate. I should have specified YPA as well but didn't. This would have given him one of his best seasons as a pro. Basically it would have said that 2005 was an aberration and that 2004 wasn't. Going into the season (and after the first 2-3 weeks), those numbers looked totally reasonable.

The only one of those numbers he hit was the completion percentage.

If he had thrown for 4000 yards, I'd still be defending him.

The Pencil Neck
02-10-2007, 02:35 AM
I'm not nearly as knowlegeable as most of you so bear with me... I live in Cleveland - much of the reason that Jeff Garcia failed here is that he is a West Coast Offense quarterback. And they run a similar offense in Philly. Is there a similar offense in Houston. I think it would be difficult for Garcia to succeed in another system..

Again - I don't pretend to be an expert here. Just wanted to know everyone's thoughts

Our system is supposed to be a West Coast variation that's more run oriented than most of the West Coast offenses. Although, it was kinda hard to tell that at times this season.

Garcia should fit in well with our system. Some of it should be very similar to the offenses he's been successful with in the past.

petedy
02-10-2007, 03:37 AM
If Jeff Garcia comes to the Texans I hope his legs will hold up for the entire season because he'll be running for his life. As for Andre Johnson not being supportive of David Carr well so what! Listen,Carr is done in Houston if it isn't the coaches it's the fans.McNair doesn't want any more heat for keeping him and doesn't want to lose the money from the lack of season ticket buyers.So he'll take the cap hit with David and release him.Another thing there is no reason for Carr to stay in a place where you are not wanted or liked.I am sure he has read a lot of these posts and knows his time there in Houston is short or why would he stop the building of his new home? I am guessing that he has been told that he is going to be released or a deal has been struck with a team that we haven't heard as to it is.I am sure Kubiak really didn't believe Carr would grasp his system this last season and he knew Denvers plans for Cutler.He gave Carr his one shot and now it will be Jake the Snake show coming up.Carr will drive off to the glee of most people in Houston,but this all could come back to haunt the Carr haters.

TwinSisters
02-10-2007, 03:38 AM
I'm not nearly as knowlegeable as most of you so bear with me... I live in Cleveland - much of the reason that Jeff Garcia failed here is that he is a West Coast Offense quarterback. And they run a similar offense in Philly. Is there a similar offense in Houston. I think it would be difficult for Garcia to succeed in another system.

I wouldn't flash those football skills around too much, you might start running into Belichick at the strangest times.

Garcia failed in Detroit under Mariucci, who had inherited Harrington ( Carr's star-crossed gemini twin ). Mariucci is a direct link to the SF/WCO. The Lions have had a terrible offensive line, one star WR, no real RB, and a neglected defense with only a few good lineman and a star DB.

Garcia would start having flashbacks here.

I would think Mariucci is closer to Andy Reid then Kubiak is. ( although there is some debate about what exactly the Texans really are... I am sure it will surface after the draft )

The Pencil Neck
02-10-2007, 04:00 PM
If Jeff Garcia comes to the Texans I hope his legs will hold up for the entire season because he'll be running for his life.

Why? You expect our line to be a lot worse next year than it was last year? One of Garcia's strengths is that on a 3 step drop, he throws when that back foot hits. That hasn't been one of Carr's strengths. Carr doesn't trust his reads and double clutches when he doesn't have time. That makes the line look bad because he gets sacked when he shouldn't.

Another one of Garcia's strengths is that he's a scrambler. Running around is a part of his game.

BUT.

Even though I think he'd be a good fit, I really doubt Garcia's going to end up here.

Pantherstang84
03-10-2007, 11:02 PM

I'll buy that for a dollar. I was just thinking the same thing. Had Carr stepped up and not regressed like he did, we wouldn't be logging in to read "As The Carr Turns".

Bubbajwp
03-10-2007, 11:07 PM
Four Weeks.

Pantherstang84
03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
Four Weeks.

Yeah. My bad. I didn't pay attention to how old this thread was until I saw the conversation about Garcia before he signed with TB. Sorry. Let's just let this one sink back to oblivion.

freedoggy77
03-10-2007, 11:15 PM
it's been a while guys, this source was crap

Kaiser Toro
03-10-2007, 11:19 PM
Memories,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

DoCRoN
03-10-2007, 11:20 PM
Yeah. My bad. I didn't pay attention to how old this thread was until I saw the conversation about Garcia before he signed with TB. Sorry. Let's just let this one sink back to oblivion.

Don't you mean "fade into Bolivian"?

-Mike Tyson

TEXANRED
03-11-2007, 12:07 AM
Memories,
Like the corners of my mind
Misty water-colored memories
Of the way we were

Hey, now we can have two Carr gets traded threads full of random thoughts.

Crap, now the song is stuck in my head.