PDA

View Full Version : Inquiry from a 49ers fan

bluestars87
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
Just wanted to visit your boards and say hey. I'm not a Texans fan, but I do think your team is very interesting and has improved since 2005. Just wanted to give you guys props for that. I actually thought in 2005 you would make the playoffs after your 7-9 record the year before, but that didn't happen. I really enjoy watching Domanick Williams and Andre Johnson play too. I think they're really underrated players at their position.

QB75
02-06-2007, 12:55 PM
Just wanted to visit your boards and say hey. I'm not a Texans fan, but I do think your team is very interesting and has improved since 2005. Just wanted to give you guys props for that. I actually thought in 2005 you would make the playoffs after your 7-9 record the year before, but that didn't happen. I really enjoy watching Domanick Williams and Andre Johnson play too. I think they're really underrated players at their position.

How is Andre underrated? He's first team All Pro.

kiwitexansfan
02-06-2007, 12:59 PM

Indeed he is all pro but that would suprise a lot of people.

I bet if you were to ask Joe Sportsfan who the premier receivers in the NFL were you would get a whole lot of names before they came out with Andre Johnson.

DocBar
02-06-2007, 01:06 PM

Nice post. Thanks for the kind words. What would you think of Carr/Williams/Johnson(Travis) for Frank Gore?

TexansTrueFan
02-06-2007, 01:11 PM
Good to see SOMEONE out there appreciates D. Williams, since Texans fans dont. He's an exciting player to watch. He'll be back this upcoming season, i just hope he can shake the rust off fast and the texans can get off to a good start.

DocBar
02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
Good to see SOMEONE out there appreciates D. Williams, since Texans fans dont. He's an exciting player to watch. He'll be back this upcoming season, i just hope he can shake the rust off fast and the texans can get off to a good start.

Is that a little guitar or a big bong in the avatar???? DW will be lucky to make it out of TC. It would be nice, but I'm not going to waste the emotional energy of being hopeful about it.

real
02-06-2007, 01:21 PM
It's time to move on....

DW, even if healthy enough to play next year, would still not instill enough confidence in me that he'd be able to be a feature back in the NFL. The guy is coming off of a whole year on the IR. Not really the kind of guy I'd pin my hopes on. JMO.

TEXANS84
02-06-2007, 01:26 PM
I think it's amazing how Frank Gore had a standout year.

And the person to thank for that? Moran Norris, a beloved former Houston Texan. I sure do miss that guy, and have no idea what we saw in Jameel Cook instead.

TexansTrueFan
02-06-2007, 01:30 PM
Is that a little guitar or a big bong in the avatar???? DW will be lucky to make it out of TC. It would be nice, but I'm not going to waste the emotional energy of being hopeful about it.

HAHA its a guitar, and by the way there was a guy on the 78-79 steelers team who was a RB, he was out for 2 years before coming back from an injury he got in some war. He then helped the steelers win the superbowl. He was a RB. I saw it on NFL network anyways my point is that people do recover from injuries and they can come back and make an impact.

DocBar
02-06-2007, 03:24 PM
HAHA its a guitar, and by the way there was a guy on the 78-79 steelers team who was a RB, he was out for 2 years before coming back from an injury he got in some war. He then helped the steelers win the superbowl. He was a RB. I saw it on NFL network anyways my point is that people do recover from injuries and they can come back and make an impact.

His name is Rocky Bliar. One heck of a RB. The war was Vietnam. DW is NOT Rocky Bliar. DW doesn't like to play nicked up. Never has, never will.

NEROtheZERO
02-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Vauge analogies aside, DW is not coming back. I'm not familiar who you are comparing DW to or what his injury was but degenerative cartiledge is a chronic problem, not something that heals or lessens over time. To the contrary, DW's injury will only worsen, especially given the implications of a full NFL season's workload. If he was not able to practice consecutive days on his knee last season, he will not be able to this season or any season in the future.

trutexan02
02-06-2007, 04:29 PM

Actually he is not first team All Pro. He was snubbed in favor of Chad Johnson, but your point remains the same he is getting due recognition at this point in his short career.

trutexan02
02-06-2007, 04:33 PM

And we should be a little nicer to visitors who are NOT slamming our team. .:embarrass

My aplogies to the indiviual who started this thread.

trutexan02
02-06-2007, 04:41 PM

And the person to thank for that? Moran Norris, a beloved former Houston Texan. I sure do miss that guy, and have no idea what we saw in Jameel Cook instead.
Not to worry Vonta Leach seems to be a very suitable option atFB AND he can catch too. Norris had some issues there. I liked him though. I'm glad he's helping a good running game flourish.

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 04:48 PM

QB75, I think Bluestars meant that as a compliment about Andre being Underated as his own personal view....Thanks for the nice words Bluestars..

Tulip
02-06-2007, 07:58 PM
Thanks for stopping by. I enjoyed watching Domanick, too - but his career seems to be over. And I agree about AJ being underrated - national fans don't think much about him and, IMO, he's capable of even more than he's shown (with the right offense).

Like some of the others here - I'm jealous that your team has Moran Norris now. He was a really solid player for us for a few years and obviously has had a similar or greater impact on your team this year.

SF49erFaithful
02-06-2007, 09:17 PM

First off just wanted to say, with a nice, solid draft, I think you guys have the potential to improve next season and get further into that rebuilding process. In fact, I'd say the Texans remind me a little of the 49ers, that they aren't going out chucking big bucks at any FA and going for the quick fix, but rather laying the foundation first.

But just a couple questions, was Moran Norris cut, or did his contract expire and Houston just didn't re-sign him? Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?

HJam72
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
A lot of us were not happy about losing Norris, and I say that having not even known what he did or for whom this year. However, Vonta Leach seems to be the answer to replacing him, so it worked out well enough. We used Cook to replace Norris most of this last year and that just wasn't good enough.

Norris didn't have the pass catching ability that Kubiak looks for in a fullback, but he could sure run block. Leach appears to be a happy medium, if not more than that.

Scooter
02-06-2007, 09:28 PM
But just a question, was Moran Norris cut, or did his contract expire and Houston just didn't re-sign him? Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?

if i remember right we opted not to re-sign him, but hopefully someone else with a real memory will confirm or deny. i wasnt (am not) a norris fan, but we had many who were disappointed when he left. several folks around here touted him as an outstanding blocker and i'm sure they'll stick by that ... especially after gore & DD/DW's performances.

Tulip
02-06-2007, 09:31 PM
Anyway, about Norris, were you guys really bummed when he left, or are people just hopping on the bandwagon after he had an excellent season of paving way for Frank Gore?

Norris was well-liked amongst Texan fans. We had a good running game while he was here.

TEXANS84
02-06-2007, 10:04 PM
Norris was a hidden gem in our running game. He will be missed by many.

bluestars87
02-06-2007, 10:18 PM

I just meant he doesn't get a lot of the respect he deserves amongst the likes of Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, etc.

He seems to be a quiet kind of guy. I wish we had him on our team.

bluestars87
02-06-2007, 10:20 PM
Nice post. Thanks for the kind words. What would you think of Carr/Williams/Johnson(Travis) for Frank Gore?
Errrmmmm....thanks for the offer, but I think we'll decline. ^.^

Scooter
02-07-2007, 12:06 AM
I just meant he doesn't get a lot of the respect he deserves amongst the likes of Chad Johnson, Torry Holt, Steve Smith, Marvin Harrison, Terrell Owens, etc.

He seems to be a quiet kind of guy. I wish we had him on our team.

he is, and they're always the most dangerous. no matter how great AJ becomes, he'll still fly under the radar for that reason.

TexansTrueFan
02-07-2007, 12:12 PM
His name is Rocky Bliar. One heck of a RB. The war was Vietnam. DW is NOT Rocky Bliar. DW doesn't like to play nicked up. Never has, never will.

My point was that Blair came back to play under heavy odds. And yes i know DW is not RB, DW is DW and whos to say he cant have his own little miracle and fully recover. Thats all i was trying to say.

DocBar
02-07-2007, 12:27 PM
My point was that Blair came back to play under heavy odds. And yes i know DW is not RB, DW is DW and whos to say he cant have his own little miracle and fully recover. Thats all i was trying to say. This is why:

Vauge analogies aside, DW is not coming back. I'm not familiar who you are comparing DW to or what his injury was but degenerative cartiledge is a chronic problem, not something that heals or lessens over time. To the contrary, DW's injury will only worsen, especially given the implications of a full NFL season's workload. If he was not able to practice consecutive days on his knee last season, he will not be able to this season or any season in the future.

bluestars87
02-08-2007, 08:05 AM
he is, and they're always the most dangerous. no matter how great AJ becomes, he'll still fly under the radar for that reason.Has he spoken out about what's been going on this year?

TexansTrueFan
02-08-2007, 10:34 AM
This is why:

Well technology is alot better than it was back then also. I mean rehabilitation has came along ways in the last few years. i'm just saying people do come back from injuries that others in the past have not been able to come back from. I mean look at how quickly Carson palmer came back, that fast time used to be unheard of.

bluestars87
02-09-2007, 02:14 PM
I like your uniforms too. They're sick.

Betro
02-09-2007, 06:02 PM
My two favorite teams are the Texans and the 49ers. I just don't really get into the niners as much as I want to since I live over here. How's the d-line looking for the niners, and is Young still going to play next year?

SF49erFaithful
02-10-2007, 01:22 AM
In other 49ers news, the club has entered into contract talks with veteran defensive lineman Bryant Young for next season. The 49ers would like Young to return in a reduced role. Young, 35, a 13-year veteran, has given the club every indication he plans to play in 2007. Although he is scheduled to be an unrestricted free agent on March 2, he has stated he has no interest in playing for any other team at this stage in his career.

http://www1.pressdemocrat.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20070209/NEWS/702090381/1010/SPORT01

bah007
02-10-2007, 01:31 AM
Young looked like he still has some juice left.

He would be an upgrade for a lot of teams.

bluestars87
02-10-2007, 02:06 AM
My two favorite teams are the Texans and the 49ers. I just don't really get into the niners as much as I want to since I live over here. How's the d-line looking for the niners, and is Young still going to play next year?

Bryant Young is hopefully going to come back, but in a reduced role. I would like the 49ers to draft Alan Branch. I think he might make a good noise tackle. Although his height might be an issue. Not sure about that. That was like our main issue last season. We couldn't get pressure on a lot of teams. BY was like our only consistent defensive lineman, and he was only decent. If we got pressure a lot more often, our secondary would play a lot better.