PDA

View Full Version : Carr a Bear??

tacoman_j
02-06-2007, 11:40 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/06/super/index.html
great situation for him if true

nunusguy
02-06-2007, 11:50 AM
"1. Offer Houston a second-day draft pick for David Carr, who has no future there. Carr won't be able to revive his career in Houston. Too many bad memories in 2006 that coach Gary Kubiak can't get out of his mind. Carr needs a new start. Let him compete with Grossman and Griese, and may the best mediocre quarterback win."
Since the Bears are picking next to last, the best their top second-day pick would be is virtually a 5-founder. I dunno, maybe that's all that Carr would bring ?

TexansSB07
02-06-2007, 11:51 AM
http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2007/writers/peter_king/02/06/super/index.html
great situation for him if true

JESUS!!! I thought this was a serious article, Peter King is a really ugly really fat CLOWN. He predicted Cowboys to win it all, becuase his buddy Bill Parcells told him so. King couldn't pick 2nd place in a one horse race, the man is in Wikpedia under MORON:pigfly:

TEXANRED
02-06-2007, 12:09 PM
I would want no less than a 3rd round (really a 4th) and Brian Greise.

Then let Sage and Greise battle for the starting job.

Remember Greise was the Denver QB for a while when Kubiak was there.

powerfuldragon
02-06-2007, 12:12 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v15/TheKingOfBums/peterking.jpg

Kaiser Toro
02-06-2007, 12:26 PM
I hate Wikipedia Nazis. Except when is comes to Peter King.

Nawzer
02-06-2007, 12:29 PM
I thought the title of this thread said "Care Bear". LOL. I doubt the Bears want another mediocre qb.

texans83
02-06-2007, 12:52 PM
No one in the bears fan base even wants Carr so I dont think it will ever happen

QB75
02-06-2007, 12:54 PM
No one in the bears fan base even wants Carr so I dont think it will ever happen

Obviously not because we all know the fans manage the team's personnel.:shades:

El Amigo Invisible
02-06-2007, 01:10 PM
Carr could have made those throws that Rex could not. I was all about drafting VY and getting something for David last year when he was worth something(2nd round pick). I think if Carr had that much type and protection, he will make those throws .I just think he is a lot better than Rex Grossman.

Mr. White
02-06-2007, 01:15 PM
NO CARR TO THE BEARS!!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

Sounds like LYB likes the Bears better than he likes the Texans.

Mr teX
02-06-2007, 01:20 PM
it'd be a great fit for the guy, he'd be a caretaker of the offense, making throws when they need him to, plus he'd have the direct opposite of what he has here. One things for sure, INTS would be down.

yourfavoritetexan42
02-06-2007, 01:22 PM
I think that trade would be good for the bears, but really bad for us. I think that Carr needs another chance (i am not turning this into a carr topic) and that giving up that chance for a 5th round pick, no way.

Blu
02-06-2007, 01:29 PM
I think that trade would be good for the bears, but really bad for us. I think that Carr needs another chance (i am not turning this into a carr topic) and that giving up that chance for a 5th round pick, no way.
1 out of 5000 Texan fans feel the same way as you do.
Nice to see you stick by your man.... I quit him after the Oakland game.

texans83
02-06-2007, 01:32 PM
Ill stick by Carr but I think he has to deserve it, fight for the job.

Honoring Earl 34
02-06-2007, 01:33 PM
NO CARR TO THE BEARS!!!!

noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

:brickwall :brickwall :brickwall :brickwall

LYB ... give us a 3rd and we'll trade him elsewhere .

Don Corleone the new GM

Honoring Earl 34
02-06-2007, 01:35 PM

If your objective is to trade him ... then it's a buyers market and you take what you can get .

Texasian
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
Quick, someone email Bears GM Jerry Angelo and GM Rick Smith this link!

Honoring Earl 34
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
How about some magic beans?

No to the beans but I would take a large Chicago style pizza .

Texasian
02-06-2007, 01:38 PM
:rofl:

Texasian
02-06-2007, 01:39 PM
No to the beans but I would take a large Chicago style pizza .

mmmmmm...deep dish agrhhhhhh(salivating sound)

El Tejano
02-06-2007, 02:37 PM
mmmmmm...deep dish agrhhhhhh(salivating sound)

Carr won't be there to start no trouble, he'll just go there to do the 3 and out shuffle.

dirty steve
02-06-2007, 02:54 PM
is there something we need to know?

Yankee_In_TX
02-06-2007, 02:57 PM

Denver thinks fans they're sending Plummer to Chicago. I wish all these threads would stop, lol.

We need the "thread of the month" and change the title every month. And the penalty for posting the topic in a different thread is death. :stirpot:

real
02-06-2007, 03:09 PM

classic.

Texasian
02-06-2007, 03:23 PM
Carr won't be there to start no trouble, he'll just go there to do the 3 and out shuffle.

That is.....AWESOME!!! Like it!

Honoring Earl 34
02-06-2007, 03:41 PM

DJ play some Tammy Wynette .

Blu
02-06-2007, 03:57 PM
Nice to see you guys caught that... :joker:

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 04:10 PM
I can't believe some ppl still would rather have Grossman over Carr...Lets just go from one extreme to another.

BigWig
02-06-2007, 04:12 PM
if its true then he might end up being a Car^e Bear!:stirpot:

Honoring Earl 34
02-06-2007, 04:13 PM
I can't believe some ppl still would rather have Grossman over Carr...Lets just go from one extreme to another.

It's not Grossman over Carr . It's about not trading Carr to Chicago in exchange for a large deep dish pizza . Now be a good gal and play along and I'll give you a slice .

HomeBred_Texan
02-06-2007, 04:17 PM
Rumor mill...

It never stops turning. The Chicago fans want Train Rex's head on a platter. Found this on Fox sports for the eager to get rid of Carr guys. But don't read a whole lot into it, it's just rumors. Also it says 0 about what Houston wants for Carr...

The next region of upgrade exploration is the trade market. According to league insiders, David Carr who was the draft's first overall pick after he finished playing for Fresno State will be available. Unfortunately, Carr was selected by the pass-block-deficient Houston Texans and has spent more time on his back than Dracula. Nobody truly knows if Carr should play or be parked.

Denver must be eager to get rid of Jake Plummer, a talented-but-shaky veteran who at least understands what it's like to be despised in a football-mad city. Don't look for him (or anyone else) to land in Chicago, either.

http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/6446740?MSNHPHMA

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 04:24 PM
It's not Grossman over Carr . It's not trading Carr to Chicago in exchange for a large deep dish pizza . Now be a good gal and play along and I'll give you a slice .

LOL, now the Pizza i'd take!!!!!

HomeBred_Texan
02-06-2007, 04:31 PM
LOL, now the Pizza i'd take!!!!!

I would also like to try some pizza from Chicago... Anything over Rex Grossman and Plummer... I can't beleive people would want either one of those guys here...

Andrew6
02-06-2007, 04:32 PM
I say we give Carr One more year under Kubiak, if he can't cut it after some of the first games then bring someone else in and cut him/trade.

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 04:53 PM
I say we give Carr One more year under Kubiak, if he can't cut it after some of the first games then bring someone else in and cut him/trade.

Well if there aren't any other Options for us, i don't think Kubiak will have a choice but to keep Carr....That or bench him and give the backups a try.......If they Trade, God only knows who we'll end up with, not too many teams willing to give up their good QB's...

Andrew6
02-06-2007, 04:55 PM
Well if there aren't any other Options for us, i don't think Kubiak will have a choice but to keep Carr....That or bench him and give the backups a try.......If they Trade, God only knows who we'll end up with, not too many teams willing to give up their good QB's...

well put

HOU-TEX
02-06-2007, 04:57 PM
I would also like to try some pizza from Chicago... Anything over Rex Grossman and Plummer... I can't beleive people would want either one of those guys here...

....and I can't believe there's still people that want Carr here.:bubble:

Double Barrel
02-06-2007, 04:59 PM
hey look, another Carr thread :gun:

HomeBred_Texan
02-06-2007, 05:05 PM

Mr. Moderator, how many Carr threads does this make us now?

I lost count when we hit the magical 10,000'th one... :shades:

Double Barrel
02-06-2007, 05:14 PM
Mr. Moderator, how many Carr threads does this make us now?

I lost count when we hit the magical 10,000'th one... :shades:

I only count to 20, because that's all the fingers and toes I've got. We'd all have to line our hands and feet up to count the Carr threads. :winky:

old football fan
02-06-2007, 05:31 PM
Don't count on the Bears doing much in the way of changing their QB. Stubborn HC.

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 05:40 PM

Hey contact the Gueniss Book of World Records...I think we have a record in the making here...The most talked about QB on a message board.

dgar3752
02-06-2007, 06:47 PM
Id do a Carr for T Jones if it was an option. They should be lookin for a QB and we def. need a back of TJ's caliber

BattleRedToro
02-06-2007, 07:25 PM
Peter King is the same moron that doesn't think Ray Guy distanced himself enough from the other punters when he played to deserve to be in the HOF.

2BCF
02-06-2007, 10:50 PM
The Bears would have to be complete bafoons to even consider David Carr. He plays worse than Grossman.
Grossman had a bad case of David Carr disease in the SB.

I couldn't care less where Davey lands, as long as he's outta here.

dirty steve
02-06-2007, 11:00 PM
so what's your solution? garcia, huard, schaub?

garcia-37 and will probably want a 2 year deal and a guarantee of the starting spot.
huard- more of a dropback passer, might not have the skill set to succeed in the system that Kubiak runs.
schaub-no way ATL lets him go with the new coaching staff coming in and the cushion that he provides next year should vick falter this year. the tender that the falcons will place on him should deter the Texans from going after him.

i hear alot of posters saying they dont want carr but dont put up a realistic answer to remedy the problem. if you want carr gone, you are going to have to deal somebody else coming in here for a couple years and keeping the seat warm for somebody else. and for all of you that think sage is the answer and we dont need to go out and sign someone else, you need to check yourself. rosenfels has been primarily a backup for a reason. i'd take my chances with somebody that has led their team to the playoffs and had reasonable success there before i would let rosenfels get handed the job. plummer knows the system and is cool with the head coach and GM. it seems like the best possible answer for a team and fanbase that is desperate for change under center. i'd go plummer-rosenfels-young QB going into 2007.

kbourda
02-06-2007, 11:37 PM

That distinction belongs to us. Carr is a world-beater to some Texans fans.

The Pencil Neck
02-07-2007, 12:47 AM
i hear alot of posters saying they dont want carr but dont put up a realistic answer to remedy the problem.

Personally, I think there are backup QB's in this league who could perform better than Carr did last year. Sage might even be one of them. I don't think that it should be that hard to come up with a temporary remedy to the problem (as in a more consistent QB that won't drop the ball as often and can score more TD's) while we're grooming our QB of the future. The problem is figuring out who our QB of the future is going to be. (And it would be nice if we got that backup QB in here and he turned into the next coming of Brett Favre.)

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 01:37 AM
Personally, I think there are backup QB's in this league who could perform better than Carr did last year. Sage might even be one of them. I don't think that it should be that hard to come up with a temporary remedy to the problem (as in a more consistent QB that won't drop the ball as often and can score more TD's) while we're grooming our QB of the future. The problem is figuring out who our QB of the future is going to be. (And it would be nice if we got that backup QB in here and he turned into the next coming of Brett Favre.)
not my point at all. everybody is so quick to criticize, but short on answers. it's so easy to say "so-and-so is better than carr," without stopping to think what you do without him here.

HomeBred_Texan
02-07-2007, 08:00 AM
so what's your solution? garcia, huard, schaub?

Honestly?

We keep Carr this year unless someone ponies up a 1st or 2nd round draft choice for him...

If he is as bad as everyone says he is, we will not have a problem getting one of the top 3 QB's coming out next year...

Hate to look at the 2008 draft, but there are no options right now that make sence. Don't bring in a band-aid to cover a wound like this. It is not the answer. I don't want to see someone as old as me being or acting like our starting QB... My money is too hard to come by to waste it...

shinerbock_girl
02-07-2007, 08:23 AM
it'd be a great fit for the guy, he'd be a caretaker of the offense, making throws when they need him to, plus he'd have the direct opposite of what he has here. One things for sure, INTS would be down.

WOW Man, kool avatar....lol....

The Pencil Neck
02-07-2007, 09:01 AM
not my point at all. everybody is so quick to criticize, but short on answers. it's so easy to say "so-and-so is better than carr," without stopping to think what you do without him here.

I think I answered that. I believe that we can do fine without him here and that there are a lot of different directions we can go to get more consistent play. Some people believe that we have to go get some guy who's currently considered at least a mid-level starter to get better performance, but I don't think that's the case. I think that Sage could give us at least the same level of performance and that there are lots of backup QB's (whose names I don't even know) in the league who could probably give us better performance. It's up to the FO to figure out who those guys are and get them in here.

Think about Carr's performances down the stretch of this past season where Kubiak had to change his game plan to take the ball out of Carr's hands because it gave us the best chance to win. And we won. That's the sort of thing you do when you've got an unprepared backup in the game.

This is a team sport. One person doesn't win games. But one person can lose games for you. And that's what I think we have with Carr. He's a guy whose mistakes have cost us games so we have to set up our gameplans to minimize his pass attempts so that we can have a chance to win.

We don't need that.

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 11:45 AM
I think that Sage could give us at least the same level of performance and that there are lots of backup QB's (whose names I don't even know) in the league who could probably give us better performance. It's up to the FO to figure out who those guys are and get them in here.

I dont disagree with what you said, I just dont want the team to go into OCS's thinking that Rosenfels will be the starter. People point to the game in Nashville where Rosenfels stepped in for Carr, but that was one half of a game where the tacks didnt seem to be motivated to get after the passer. No knock on Sage, but once again, he is a backup for a reason. He probably isnt good enough to start full time.

real
02-07-2007, 11:47 AM
Tom Brady was a back-up for a reason too...

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 11:49 AM
Tom Brady was a back-up for a reason too...
but Belichick left him in even when Bledsoe was healthy to play. Kubiak left Carr in even with Carr sucking.

The Pencil Neck
02-07-2007, 12:01 PM
I dont disagree with what you said, I just dont want the team to go into OCS's thinking that Rosenfels will be the starter. People point to the game in Nashville where Rosenfels stepped in for Carr, but that was one half of a game where the tacks didnt seem to be motivated to get after the passer. No knock on Sage, but once again, he is a backup for a reason. He probably isnt good enough to start full time.

I'm not sold that Sage is a particularly good answer to the QB question either. But I'm convinced that Carr isn't an answer.

I think that last year, Kubiak was under the directive to give Carr a year and see if he could be trained to "step up". From some of the things that Kubiak has said, I'm under the impression that Carr looks great in practice and that they think they just need to work with him to get to a point where he can perform in games like he performs in practice. He's the opposite of a gamer. And I think that's what's so frustrating to the coaching staff.

real
02-07-2007, 12:11 PM
but Belichick left him in even when Bledsoe was healthy to play. Kubiak left Carr in even with Carr sucking.

possibly the reason we were 6-10 ?

Cuz he stuck with the worse QB ?

Team stays with late rd., back-up QB, but ignores all that, and is only concerned with the fact that he's playing better than the starter=Super Bowl.

Sticking with a QB who was a first rd. pick overall, has potential, and strong arm, but is playing poorly = 2-14 & 6-10

Yeah, the way Belichick did things was totally wrong.

swoldier
02-07-2007, 05:21 PM
They could call him Carre Bear get it care bear HAHAHA

trublu
02-07-2007, 06:07 PM

Team stays with late rd., back-up QB, but ignores all that, and is only concerned with the fact that he's playing better than the starter=Super Bowl.

Sticking with a QB who was a first rd. pick overall, has potential, and strong arm, but is playing poorly = 2-14 & 6-10

So are you saying Sage would have taken the Texans to the Superbowl.

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 06:09 PM
So are you saying Sage would have taken the Texans to the Superbowl.

Do you know he could'nt ?

trublu
02-07-2007, 06:18 PM
Do you know he could'nt ?

Wow your hate for Carr is starting to warp your sense of reality. Believe it or not but the Texans are not a QB away from being in the superbowl.
While I believe our team would improve greatly, Tom Brady couldn't even take this team to the superbowl. The Texans still have a bit to go to be a contender.

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 06:21 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious .

I bet if Brady were the QB we would have a winning record next year and contending for a playoff spot .

trublu
02-07-2007, 06:26 PM
Thanks for pointing out the obvious .

I bet if Brady were the QB we would have a winning record next year and contending for a playoff spot .

I won't argue that, but Sage is not Tom Brady. Yet there are some here that speculate he is; or maybe they just hope...Pipe dreams.:drunk:

Honoring Earl 34
02-07-2007, 06:32 PM
I won't argue that, but Sage is not Tom Brady. Yet there are some here that speculate he is; or maybe they just hope...Pipe dreams.:drunk:

That's where you're wrong ... nobody thinks Sage is the savior .

I think that we cannot move forward until we get a QB who understands the game .

The road is littered with big armed , mobile guys who can't get it done .

dirty steve
02-07-2007, 06:37 PM

sage excelled in the preseason playing second stringers and the tacks game playing a prevent.

belichick also stuck with brady because his team was on a roll entering the playoffs and probably didnt want to disrupt the karma. in all fairness, the Patriots probably had a more talented team in 2001 than the Texans did in 2006. so to say leaving sage in would have brought this team to the playoffs might be stretching it a bit.

trublu
02-07-2007, 06:46 PM
That's where you're wrong ... nobody thinks Sage is the savior .
I think that we cannot move forward until we get a QB who understands the game .

The road is littered with big armed , mobile guys who can't get it done .

If you look at the original post i was quoting then you would know what I was talking about.