PDA

View Full Version : Tune in to Sportscenter tomorrow morning:

gtexan02
02-06-2007, 07:52 AM
To see the Texans "top team play of the year"

All week long ESPN is showing the top play of each team in draft order, a few at a time. So far they've shown:

Oakland: One handed interception of Carson Palmer by a DB

Detroit: Two handed, tip toe catch by Roy Williams in front of Roy Williams (Dallas) that sealed the win

Cleveland: Crazy QB scramble by their backup against KC that set up a game winning FG

Tampa: 60+ yard field goal to beat the Eagles

Cardinals: Adrian Wilson's 99 yard fumble return against the Vikings

Redskins: Santana Moss catches between 2 jaguar defenders and then breaks to the end zone

TexanSam
02-06-2007, 07:53 AM
Whoever guesses it correctly wins a cookie.

gtexan02
02-06-2007, 07:54 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be from the Indy game. Probably Kris Brown's FG

TexanSam
02-06-2007, 07:59 AM
What other big plays did we have? Andre Johnson's TD catch in the first Jacksonville game? Faggins running back the fumble for a TD at Oakland?

PapaL
02-06-2007, 08:01 AM
Mario's first sack.

Us not picking Jesus in Cleats.

mexican_texan
02-06-2007, 08:06 AM
Anthony Maddox scores.

David Carr dives for the TD.

Tailgate
02-06-2007, 08:52 AM
I'm pretty sure it'll be from the Indy game. Probably Kris Brown's FG

I think I saw a snipped of KB with his hands in the air in the preview. A field goal is probably going to be our play of the year.

gtexan02
02-06-2007, 09:06 AM
"Its a Christmas Miracle Charlie Brown, err, I mean Kris Brown"

run-david-run
02-06-2007, 09:47 AM
It better not be a FG. Maybe Carr's leap into the endzone, or AJ's TD against the Jags.

eriadoc
02-06-2007, 10:45 AM
It's going to be Kris Brown, but I'd really rather see that monster sack on Eli again :)

powerfuldragon
02-06-2007, 11:17 AM
field goal is a lame highlight.

texans83
02-06-2007, 11:18 AM
It's going to be Kris Brown, but I'd really rather see that monster sack on Eli again :)

I dont remb that one, you think its on utube

fdknuckles
02-06-2007, 11:20 AM
IMO Should be Carrs' fake hand off and walk into the endzone....God I'll probably get slaughterd for mentioning him as being a highlight.

canadiantexan
02-06-2007, 11:28 AM
I dont remb that one, you think its on utube

That was his most impressive sack of the year. He just threw the tackle to the ground and was on Manning in a heartbeat. Showed a little Reggie White in him.

texans83
02-06-2007, 11:32 AM
That was his most impressive sack of the year. He just threw the tackle to the ground and was on Manning in a heartbeat. Showed a little Reggie White in him.

Nice, man I need to stop drinking during the games, but the texans need to show me something befor I do that

DocBar
02-06-2007, 01:13 PM
Nice, man I need to stop drinking during the games, but the texans need to show me something befor I do that

How would you know if they DID show you something? You'd have to watch it on ESPN...right after the Reggie Bush highlights. :stirpot:

texans83
02-06-2007, 01:36 PM
How would you know if they DID show you something? You'd have to watch it on ESPN...right after the Reggie Bush highlights. :stirpot:

I mean they need to produce wins!!!

Bubbajwp
02-06-2007, 01:43 PM
MW throwing the TE into the RB to tackle him against the Titans.

Ole Miss Texan
02-06-2007, 02:28 PM
Thanks a lot for the heads up G. Is it on Sportcenter or Cold pizza and do you know what time..ish?

I'll have to say it'll prob. be the kris brow FG that set up our first ever win over the colts. plus several of y'all have seen KB on the snippet.

However what nobody has mentioned that I'd like to see would be...The failed two point conversion by miami...mario's tip that saved the game.

DocBar
02-06-2007, 03:25 PM
I mean they need to produce wins!!!

:aikido: Just givin' ya a hard time!!! :tease:

trutexan02
02-06-2007, 05:03 PM
Best all-round play has to be Maddox, but from a franchise POV it has to be Brown to beat the Colts. That's my pick for team highlight of the year on this show.

shinerbock_girl
02-06-2007, 05:46 PM
I'm caught between KB's FG against the colts, or Andre's catch at the Jags game between 2 defenders, or was it 3 defenders??

run-david-run
02-06-2007, 05:57 PM
the FG it is...

El Tejano
02-06-2007, 05:59 PM
I'm caught between KB's FG against the colts, or Andre's catch at the Jags game between 2 defenders, or was it 3 defenders??

Let me make it easier for you. Kris Brown's FG beat the eventual Super Bowl Champs on Christmas Eve for the first time in franchise history to help start a two game win streak.

Arky
02-06-2007, 06:56 PM
That FG was a thing of beauty....

I was watching on TV and the angle was from behind the kicker. Brown kicks the ball - in the first half-second, I'm thinking "too low, too low"... And then it was like the ball caught the jet stream, kicked in the afterburners and rocketed upwards - way high - seems like there were parts of the roof in the camera angle..... I knew then that it was good and probably would've been good from 62 yds...

:fieldgoal

What a sweet win that was....

BattleRedToro
02-06-2007, 07:17 PM
Let me make it easier for you. Kris Brown's FG beat the eventual Super Bowl Champs on Christmas Eve for the first time in franchise history to help start a two game win streak.

Actually it helped start a 5 game win streak for the Colts. :shades:

Seeing as how much the so-called experts at BSPN seem to love to remind the Texans of how much of a mistake, in their opinion not mine, they made by picking Mario Williams first overall, I would have thought it would have been this play (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g). Nevermind the holding of Mario Williams, please.

t_flare
02-06-2007, 09:02 PM
IMO Should be Carrs' fake hand off and walk into the endzone....

agree.. I bet on this one

DocBar
02-06-2007, 09:30 PM

ummm....I don't get it....what's the big deal about THE game winning FG against the eventual SB Champions for our 1ST EVER VICTORY over the hated horseshoes??? I love it, too
:bubble:
:stirpot:

run-david-run
02-06-2007, 10:14 PM
agree.. I bet on this one

It is the FG, they showed a little while ago. Not that great of an individual play, but beating the Super Bowl champs on the last play does have some merit to it.

Da_General
02-06-2007, 10:41 PM
I was really hoping for the Shantee Orr hurdle and sack...can't remember who that was against, but it was REALLY PRETTY!

gtexan02
02-07-2007, 01:47 PM
The best part was petyon's face. priceless

Austrian
02-07-2007, 03:44 PM
I was really hoping for the Shantee Orr hurdle and sack...can't remember who that was against, but it was REALLY PRETTY!

Yeah that was awesome. :marionaner:

swoldier
02-07-2007, 04:09 PM
Or when Mario tackled the ball carrier in the back field with his blocker. He just picked the guy up and threw him into the running back, now that was beautiful. I hope we see more of those types of plays next season.

Ole Miss Texan
02-07-2007, 04:14 PM
The best part was petyon's face. priceless

no joke, i remember watching him when brown was kicking it.

Texans_Chick
02-07-2007, 04:29 PM
At the Super Bowl, they did jumbotron clips of the Probowlers this year.

For AJ, his TD catch against the Jags was featured.

BTW, the funniest comment that Diane and I had about wearing Texans gear this weekend was the question:

"Are you Aaron Carr's sisters or something?"

Bwahaha.