PDA

View Full Version : Will Manning and the Colts win another superbowl in the next 2 years?

supertankman
02-05-2007, 05:49 AM
I did not even really care to see the game last night and quit watching after the the 1st part of the 3rd qtr. I really dont like either team but am excited that the colts won and hopefully wont turn into a dynasty like the Patriots, hell, if the colts have not beat the Patriots, they would have another ring after beating the bears; imagine 4 rings in 6 years! With that being said, do you think the colts will continue the patriots and cowboy trend, win another superbowl in the next 2 years?

I am not really sure, but it seems like their team is getting old including Marvin Harrison, then again, you have a coach at the QB position :)

jayjordan
02-05-2007, 06:59 AM
No you have to many teams that are better and will be more consistent than they were on defense and offense.

HJam72
02-05-2007, 08:15 AM
The Colts just played the best 4 game stretch they will play in a very long time. Their decline will be slow though. They will go .500 in their division next year and get beaten badly in one division game. They will do much better against other divisions though and fall early in the playoffs, if they actually make the playoffs, which isn't necessarilly guaranteed.

4 years ago I predicted the Patriots would win the next 2 SBs.
2 years ago I predicted the Steelers would win last year.
1 year ago I predicted the Colts would win this year.

I'm not making this up. I don't ever know who they will beat, but I knew who would win way ahead of time.

I'm sure its some kind of luck or coincidence, but it's kind of cool.

My prediction for next year is that the San Diego Chargers will stomp through the playoffs and win the SB, but I don't know who they will beat or by how much. Wait and see. :ok:

Mr teX
02-05-2007, 09:28 AM
I voted yes, but i am going to say it will be within 3 years. I always thought that the key to them winning would be the patience of Manning. In earlier playoff runs he'd get impatient at times & try to go deep instead of taking what the D gave him. I think he's learned now that he can't hit the big play every drive & now he's ok with sustaining long drives to take time off the clock.

The Defense will be OK, as long as they are healthy & they get a beast at nose tackle, to help solidify the run defense. Yeah they sucked this year on Defense, but people have already forgot that they were a top defense last year........... or was it the year before that?

kastofsna
02-05-2007, 09:39 AM
if the defense plays as well as they did in the playoffs, absolutely.

Texans Horror
02-05-2007, 09:47 AM
It's taken the Colts a long time to get to this point. I think they've felt like their was a hex over them or something. Now that they know they can get to and win a Superbowl, I'm sure they can make it back in the next 2 years.

I haven't seen anything in the NFC to make me think that they will win a Super Bowl next year.

Also, unless they lose a lot of players, I think they are at a plug-n-play point in their years. Just look at Addai and how phenomenal he has done this year. I think it is a combination of fitting the right player in the right position and high expectations from Dungy and the Colts organization.

nunusguy
02-05-2007, 10:41 AM
SD was the best team in the AFC (and therefor of course the NFL), this year
and NE and Baltimore were also right there. So Indy was one of the 3 or 4
best teams in the AFC and NFL this year. And everybody starts out 0-0 in
September, so its Indy against the field gotta take them over Indy. But nice to see Peyton & Dungy finally win the big one.
Don't know if the Bears could be a playoff team or even win a Division title
in the AFC ?

old football fan
02-05-2007, 10:47 AM
They have very money under the cap and to many FA on the team.

Huge
02-05-2007, 12:31 PM
I honestly feel they'll be a one and done team. Just a hunch but they've got a lot of players that have waited a long time to win one. Now that they have, will their motivation be high enough to win another? I don't think it will.

Double Barrel
02-05-2007, 12:36 PM
I honestly feel they'll be a one and done team. Just a hunch but they've got a lot of players that have waited a long time to win one. Now that they have, will their motivation be high enough to win another? I don't think it will.

I agree. The Colts are at the end of the 'success cycle' that NFL teams have in this age of parity. They will be losing key players over the next couple of years because of escalating salaries and the cap. Matter-of-fact, one of my buddies rooted for them for this specific reason. Super Bowl winners usually have a bunch of players that want to get paid big jack, which is ultimately the team's downfall.