PDA

View Full Version : I guess i will be the first one to say it...

Ryan
02-04-2007, 10:04 PM
We Beat The Super Bowl Champions!!!!!

gtexan02
02-04-2007, 11:29 PM
woo hoo!!

Ole Miss Texan
02-04-2007, 11:39 PM
woo hoo!!

haha i like it g. i'm so pumped that was a pretty good game....lot's of turnovers too. great for the D.

gtexan02
02-04-2007, 11:40 PM
Its so great. Ive been to a lot of games, but the only time i've ever been at a Texans win was against the superbowl champs.

Ole Miss Texan
02-04-2007, 11:47 PM
Its so great. Ive been to a lot of games, but the only time i've ever been at a Texans win was against the superbowl champs.

such a great game...i remember looking at peyton when our winning field goal kick went through the goal post.

Showtime100
02-04-2007, 11:48 PM
Houston Texans reg season.....24-56 .300
vs Super Bowl teams................2-4 .333

Go figure.

TexanSam
02-04-2007, 11:50 PM
such a great game...i remember looking at peyton when our winning field goal kick went through the goal post.

2nd biggest win in Texans history. First obviously being the Cowboys game. Someday we'll be playing in the playoffs! 2007 season!

Ole Miss Texan
02-04-2007, 11:55 PM
2nd biggest win in Texans history. First obviously being the Cowboys game. Someday we'll be playing in the playoffs! 2007 season!

Yea, no joke. the cowboys and colts....they are the two biggest victories for us thus far.

gwallaia
02-05-2007, 12:00 AM
The last game the Colts lost was to the Texans.

Hervoyel
02-05-2007, 12:25 AM
The last game the Colts lost was to the Texans.

Very true but there's an even bigger consideration now. What happens (very often but not always) to Super Bowl winners the year after they win it all?

They often become strangely "beatable" for some reason. I'm very curious about how that's going to work with the Colts. I can't for the life of me think of any reason why they'd be less difficult to play next season but it happens to a lot of teams that you wouldn't think would have a let-down.

If it does happen to Indy then what is that going to do to the AFC South?

Ole Miss Texan
02-05-2007, 12:38 AM
Very true but there's an even bigger consideration now. What happens (very often but not always) to Super Bowl winners the year after they win it all?

They often become strangely "beatable" for some reason. I'm very curious about how that's going to work with the Colts. I can't for the life of me think of any reason why they'd be less difficult to play next season but it happens to a lot of teams that you wouldn't think would have a let-down.

the titans are on the rise too as much as we don't want to admit it. don't know what the jags will look like though. colts lose cato june...but prob not freeny to FA? us vs titans for afc champions...i hope we win...and i love being optimistic

big sarge
02-05-2007, 12:54 AM
Was it me or did Rex Grossman look like David Carr on a team with a good O-line?????

ensign_lee
02-05-2007, 12:58 AM
Was it me or did Rex Grossman look like David Carr on a team with a good O-line?????

I'm pretty sure he looked worse. :shades:

HoustonFan
02-05-2007, 01:16 AM
the titans are on the rise too as much as we don't want to admit it. don't know what the jags will look like though. colts lose cato june...but prob not freeny to FA? us vs titans for afc champions...i hope we win...and i love being optimistic

You and me both on that one. Would't feel bad for the Colts all of a sudden being horrible in the AFC South - as long as we are much improved. If the Saints can do it why can't the Texans?

So of the 2006 c/o rookies, Joseph Addai ended up winning the ring. Aweseom!!!! Gotta give props to the other hometown guy.

TexansLucky13
02-05-2007, 01:19 AM
:fans:

We... Are.... Victorious.....

2BCF
02-05-2007, 01:29 AM

The group I was with pointed that out quite early and loudly, lol. He played alot like Carr.

Ole Miss Texan
02-05-2007, 02:09 AM
You and me both on that one. Would't feel bad for the Colts all of a sudden being horrible in the AFC South - as long as we are much improved. If the Saints can do it why can't the Texans?

So of the 2006 c/o rookies, Joseph Addai ended up winning the ring. Aweseom!!!! Gotta give props to the other hometown guy.

yea i'm really glad for peyton, harrison, and addai...not to mention all the other colts that really deserve this. im glad for addai he has been a great rookie stepping in to help fill edges shoes.

As far as the saints go...i think they just had an absolutely horrible year last year....they made a tremendous leap this year and i think we have too many holes to do that in one year. if we want to fix this mess fast...it'll take two years...not including last year.

Navy_Chris
02-05-2007, 02:12 AM
yea i'm really glad for peyton, harrison, and addai...not to mention all the other colts that really deserve this. im glad for addai he has been a great rookie stepping in to help fill edges shoes.

As far as the saints go...i think they just had an absolutely horrible year last year....they made a tremendous leap this year and i think we have too many holes to do that in one year. if we want to fix this mess fast...it'll take two years...not including last year.

I agree about the mess clean-up. If Bob McNair wants to build a champion here, he needs to look at what the Rooney's have done in Pittsburgh. The key is to have patience with your head coach. If McNair's smart, he'll give Gary the time he needs to build us a champion.

hobie
02-05-2007, 08:37 AM
Well they didn't beat the Superbowl Champions... They beat a team going into the playoffs this season. Now if they beat them in 2007, then they can say they beat the Superbowl champions..

HJam72
02-05-2007, 08:46 AM

Well, it's like this. That defense is not as good, against the run in particular, as it has played up to for the last 4 games. They rode a wave and it's going to die out before next season starts. They will be good overall of course, but not like this.

The AFC South next year? MADHOUSE. That's all I can say about it. It'll be a fun ride. I realize I have no facts at all to support my theories, but that's when I'm usually right. :shades:

HJam72
02-05-2007, 08:47 AM
Well they didn't beat the Superbowl Champions... They beat a team going into the playoffs this season. Now if they beat them in 2007, then they can say they beat the Superbowl champions..

They were better the last time we beat them than they will be next year. Just watch.

thunderkyss
02-05-2007, 08:59 AM
The group I was with pointed that out quite early and loudly, lol. He played alot like Carr.

It was kinda funny...... but they both actually played like Carr for the most part. Except I don't think I've seen Carr put as many in the dirt as Peyton did.

But one of the announcers said it best...... when Peyton throws a short dump-off, it goes for 10 yards or at least a first. When Grossman would dump one off, it would go for nothing.

& I think that's where Lovie Smith shot himself in the foot. All they were worried about was the big play, and stopping the big play....... Peyton Nickeled & dimed them so much, that they gave up big runs, and screens... and a lot of first downs(24 to 11). Far as I can remember, the only deep play was the TD to Reggie Wayne, where the safety bit on the play action(imagine that).

Where the Colts weren't giving the Bears anything....... the Bears had to fight for every yard...... sure, they had a few nice runs... a couple of nice catches.. but they also had quite a few 3 & outs.

thunderkyss
02-05-2007, 09:02 AM

What's going to happen, is that the Colts are going to have to actually play football for 6 division games..... where before, Titans & Texans were just schedule filler...... OTJ Vacation sorta. 10 wins are going to be harder to come by for the Colts.

HoustonFrog
02-05-2007, 09:26 AM
It was kinda funny...... but they both actually played like Carr for the most part. Except I don't think I've seen Carr put as many in the dirt as Peyton did.

Grossman was Carr in that game. Fumbled snaps, bad reads, etc. This is what happens when you have superior talent, a great D and put them around a QB that scares you.

Texans Horror
02-05-2007, 09:42 AM
I hate playing the game of "we beat this team and they went on to..."

Any Given Sunday holds true. I don't like to blow it out beyond that. If there is one thing I hope comes out of looking back at the victory, it's that the Texans realize they can beat any team in the league. For a team struggling with confidence and identity, hopefully this helps.

Hervoyel
02-05-2007, 10:06 AM
I hate playing the game of "we beat this team and they went on to..."

Any Given Sunday holds true. I don't like to blow it out beyond that. If there is one thing I hope comes out of looking back at the victory, it's that the Texans realize they can beat any team in the league. For a team struggling with confidence and identity, hopefully this helps.

Exactly. It's more like "We beat this team and then we went on to... oh wait, we sat home during the playoffs and started planning our draft.

Who cares what they went on to do the rest of that year. The real question is what did we do and as long as we're answering that with "Not a damned thing" then I can't take any pleasure in that.

HJam72
02-06-2007, 09:15 AM
Exactly. It's more like "We beat this team and then we went on to... oh wait, we sat home during the playoffs and started planning our draft.

Who cares what they went on to do the rest of that year. The real question is what did we do and as long as we're answering that with "Not a damned thing" then I can't take any pleasure in that.

I know guys, but being the last team to beat the eventual champions is just another sign that we are definitely improved from our 2-14 season. No way we would've been able to say that last year. It doesn't make us great, but it shows that we aren't horrible anymore.

the flash
02-06-2007, 01:01 PM
Hopefully what happend to the Steelers this last year will happen to the Colts next year.

A man can dream right?

TexansTrueFan
02-06-2007, 02:25 PM
Yes us beating the colts last year was nice, and then going on to beat the browns and end the season on a winning streak, it might not mean much but hopefully it gave our team a little confidence for next season. Plus 6-10 is way better than 2-14. I see Kubs doing wahts best for the team and MAYBe making a run for the playoffs next season, cause we do have play makers AJ been to the pro bowl 2 out of 4 years in the league. D-Rob who is as good as any CB in the nfl, IMO. Eric Moulds what can i say, D. Ryans who should only get better with a season under his belt. Mario Williams had a good solid first year. We have alot of Young talent and it can only get better.

Yankee_In_TX
02-06-2007, 04:03 PM

Because all the players eligible want boku bucks because they were on the winning Superbowl team and you're bound to have to let some of those guys go else where?

trutexan02
02-06-2007, 05:58 PM

On an optimistic note; the only thing the WE did after beating INDY was NOT lose again. I think that is definitly worth being upbeat about going into the off-season.

South Texan
02-06-2007, 10:00 PM
I had to read through this thread twice and I still sensed it... Optimism!

I agree Indy will lose some talent because of winning the SB, and I really think players get "up" and play harder when going against last years champs, Indy could end up playing the year as a beat up team.

We seem to have Jacksonville's number.

Tenn is gonna be tough, but fix our secondary and with Mario healthy I think they are managable.

A few good pickups in off season and if the injury bug doesn't kill us next year, I can see us only dropping 1 game in our division. (Sweep Tenn and Jacksonville, split with Indy.)

In any event, next year looks to be very interesting.