PDA

View Full Version : Vince Young in the Pro-Bowl

Dr. Toro
02-02-2007, 11:15 PM
Rivers is hurt and Brady wants to play golf.

http://chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/4523096.html

I wonder if he'll pick up anything from Palmer and Manning or if it's all fun and hula dancers.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
02-02-2007, 11:25 PM
God Bless all of this board's hearts..

Stros5Texans80
02-02-2007, 11:26 PM
Man this guy is getting it all this year. Congrats to him and hopefully some kind of luck in this fashion will then the DROY to the Pro Bowl as well. :)

ATX
02-02-2007, 11:29 PM
I guess Steve McNair was busy too.

Dunta_23
02-02-2007, 11:56 PM
I guess Chad Pennington was busy too...

TwinSisters
02-02-2007, 11:59 PM
God Bless all of this board's hearts..

eheh.

Well looking on the bright side of things, Americans still have a voracious appetite for their heroes, that culminates itself in their eating. So, in a way, you can look at this as fattin up frogs for snakes.

Case in point... how many people in Arlington get up and go to the fridge during a PAT?

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2007, 12:43 AM
Good for him. Hopefully the door opens for Meco.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-03-2007, 12:56 AM
Actually, it would only be fitting if Meco was able to tackle Vince Young and gloat over him lying on the ground. But unfortunately, they would be playing on the same team and that wouldn't happen.
So I really don't care. I have no reason to watch the Pro Bowl. Hopefully Young will try that little run and get jacked up like Reggie did against the Eagles a couple of weeks ago. Maybe then I'll try to catch some reruns.
If Young really turned the Titans around, then the team was headed downhill and he was just applying a band-aid. And if that is the case, they should get rid of Fisher. But I don't think that is the case. I think the Titans made Young look good, not the other way around.
:texan:

Hookem Horns
02-03-2007, 01:12 AM
How did VY get chosen over David Carr? David Carr is by far the better QB.

Signed,

Bob McNair, Charlie Casserly, and every moron on this board

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-03-2007, 01:32 AM

Signed,

A+++

ledzeppelin229
02-03-2007, 02:59 AM

Signed,

1. Sounding a little bitter and whiny with this post. Nothing is stopping you or the rest of the UT fans from watching Bud, hell people in the Austin market don't have much of a choice.

2. This has nothing to do with David Carr.

Hookem Horns
02-03-2007, 06:08 AM
1. Sounding a little bitter and whiny with this post. Nothing is stopping you or the rest of the UT fans from watching Bud, hell people in the Austin market don't have much of a choice.

2. This has nothing to do with David Carr.

You're right about Austin, thanks to the Texans draft blunders we don't have much of a choice unless we buy NFL Sunday ticket which I will be doing so I can watch any other team besides Bud's.

BTW, this has a lot to do with David Carr. The guy flat out sucks, however the Texans decide to extend his contract, pass on a guy like Vince Young, leaving us fans stuck with watching this inept guy every week, while VY comes to town wearing Bud duds running it up our a** as Bud laughs at us. Sure I'm bitter.

brewhaus
02-03-2007, 06:35 AM
Vince....You go boy! Get it while it's there 'cause it doesn't last forever.

axman40
02-03-2007, 08:28 AM
Actually, it would only be fitting if Meco was able to tackle Vince Young and gloat over him lying on the ground. But unfortunately, they would be playing on the same team and that wouldn't happen.
So I really don't care. I have no reason to watch the Pro Bowl. Hopefully Young will try that little run and get jacked up like Reggie did against the Eagles a couple of weeks ago. Maybe then I'll try to catch some reruns.
If Young really turned the Titans around, then the team was headed downhill and he was just applying a band-aid. And if that is the case, they should get rid of Fisher. But I don't think that is the case. I think the Titans made Young look good, not the other way around.

OK Meco had 2 games this year to do that and will have 2 games per season for the next 5-10 years !
He might actually enjoy watching some other D chase after VY. Heck he might learn something that may help him defend VY in the future.KEEP YOU FEET,DO NOT JUMP AT VY!
:yes:

Kaiser Toro
02-03-2007, 08:35 AM
Great stuff for VY. Hopefully our next QB will have a positive impact on our team. Vince Young no longer sucks, but it is David Carr who is awful.

And I firmly believe that if we did not extend Carr we would have taken Bush. I do not think Young was ever in the mix.

axman40
02-03-2007, 09:04 AM
Great stuff for VY. Hopefully our next QB will have a positive impact on our team. Vince Young no longer sucks, but it is David Carr who is awful.

And I firmly believe that if we did not extend Carr we would have taken Bush. I do not think Young was ever in the mix.
Do you think Mr. McNair would hire me as consultant and not heed my advice,as long as I got paid my feelings would not be hurt when Bob does not heed my advice!
:tease:

dirty steve
02-03-2007, 09:16 AM

Signed,

why. why. why. i'm over it, as many of the other fans on here are. get over it, bro.

BTW--not everybody on here sticks up for Carr and is in turn not a moron. keep your VY fandom in Austin.

ATX
02-03-2007, 09:30 AM
All I can say is that I hope the Texans counter Austin, Tennessee with Norman, Texas. It would be OU vs. UT 3 times a year at the min.

2BCF
02-03-2007, 09:34 AM

Signed,

:rofl:

The Dream
02-03-2007, 09:42 AM
why. why. why. i'm over it, as many of the other fans on here are. get over it, bro.

BTW--not everybody on here sticks up for Carr and is in turn not a moron. keep your VY fandom in Austin.

count me as one of those fans who has yet to "get over it"

dirty steve
02-03-2007, 09:57 AM
why? i mean, you cant change what happened...we got a stud in mario, the DROY with ryans, good OL pieces in Spencer (hopefully-cross fingers onthe knee) and Winston. Daniels could be a Pro-Bowler in the system. The team had a GREAT draft, and people still get hung up over VY. i dont get it.

Hulk75
02-03-2007, 10:01 AM
Obvoisly he did not make it on stats, he made it on Wins? So were is Tom Brady and if we are going off of wins lets put Rex Groosman in.

The pro bowl is turning into the NBA All Star game. When more deserving guys get looked over for fan favorites. What is sad is not one guy from the Titans Defense or the Offensive line went, which was a bigger reason why they one their games then Vince was for the most part. This whole thing smells of hype, and it was the commishiner that voted him in not the players and coaches, WoW.

Good Job Vince, Good Luck and congradulation.

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2007, 10:08 AM

Signed,

Are you sure David Carr is better than VY, because I can't see anything in him.

Signed,

R. Caldwell.

HoustonFrog
02-03-2007, 10:13 AM
Are you sure David Carr is better than VY, because I couldn't see anything in him.

Signed,

R. Caldwell.

:thumbup

I love Reche jokes. Rome has had them coming fast and furious.

old football fan
02-03-2007, 10:15 AM
VY must have paid off a bunch of people. Of course with all the money he made at UT and then the pay cut he took to go to the NFL he still has alot of money.

The Dream
02-03-2007, 10:21 AM
we got a dud in mario

fixed.

Dr. Toro
02-03-2007, 10:22 AM
:texan:

The vitriole reserved for the hometown boy done good is beyond me. He brought the first national championship to the state of Texas in 35 years, begged to play for the hometown team, and spurned, has succeeded elsewhere. I'm over the fact Houston took Williams instead, it never really bothered me much... I think Mario can be every bit as transformative for HOU as VY has been for TEN. I still don't understand the people that wish only failure and pain for Young.

Dunta_23
02-03-2007, 10:26 AM

But you are also probably one that thinks VY deserves to be in the pro bowl

Dunta_23
02-03-2007, 10:29 AM
The vitriole reserved for the hometown boy done good is beyond me. He brought the first national championship to the state of Texas in 35 years, begged to play for the hometown team, and spurned, has succeeded elsewhere. I'm over the fact Houston took Williams instead, it never really bothered me much... I think Mario can be every bit as transformative for HOU as VY has been for TEN. I still don't understand the people that wish only failure and pain for Young.

I dont think everyone wishes pain or failure from him....I just think that Texan supporters get sick when Vince Young has lackluster stats and people say how the Texans passed on the next big thing....when he really hasnt proven anything beyond being a running QB thus far in his career...

If DC has similar stats, everyone would be saying that the D and Special teams won the game....but when the Titans do it all on D and Special Teams....Its ALL Vince...Thats where I think people get fed up and maybe talk negative about Vince...

GuerillaBlack
02-03-2007, 10:31 AM
:thumbup

I love Reche jokes. Rome has had them coming fast and furious.

Hell yeah, even Rome would chuckle on some of them, but try and cover it up.

ATX
02-03-2007, 10:37 AM
If VY really wanted to be a Texan, he should have stayed in school another year. I don't fault him for coming out early, but he had to have known that the Texans weren't going to pick him with the #1 pick if he came out.

VY could still be a Texan if he really wants to. All he has to do is demand a trade and hold out until Bud trades him to the Texans. He could screw Bud and Come to Houston in one move. Wouldn't be the first QB to hold out and/or demand a trade.

Honoring Earl 34
02-03-2007, 10:41 AM
The way it works for the Texans ... Vince Young and AJ will have a natural chemistry at the pro-bowl and AJ will take the first bus out .

TexanSam
02-03-2007, 10:45 AM
Vince Young had a fine rookie season, but I don't think he should have been the 2nd alternate. Are the alternates the ones that get the most fan votes who didn't earn a starting bid or are they chosen by the players or coaches? I don't understand why so many players who get chosen don't want to go to the Pro Bowl? It's Hawai'i for gosh sakes!

dirty steve
02-03-2007, 11:02 AM
fixed.

fixed. no. we drafted somebody who won't ever be able to live up to your expectations, just because you cant get over what happened last year. you cant fix every hole in one year, and there is a chance the Texans wouldnt have any better than 6-10 with VY. mario and demeco will be big parts to the defense making another substantial improvement in '07.

i am not a VY hater, i just live in the now. if you are a Texans fan, you should probably try the same.

SamuraiSword
02-03-2007, 11:05 AM
Obvoisly he did not make it on stats, he made it on Wins? So were is Tom Brady and if we are going off of wins lets put Rex Groosman in.

The pro bowl is turning into the NBA All Star game. When more deserving guys get looked over for fan favorites. What is sad is not one guy from the Titans Defense or the Offensive line went, which was a bigger reason why they one their games then Vince was for the most part. This whole thing smells of hype, and it was the commishiner that voted him in not the players and coaches, WoW.

Good Job Vince, Good Luck and congradulation.

Tom Brady is playing golf and doesn't like Hawaii's outrageous tax hikes. I mean a big mac that costs 2.99 here and over there would be around 5.99 shheeesh I wouldn't go there either.:bubble:

Uhmmm also stats don't mean jack in the NFL. Its not like baseball were numbers mean everything. if baseball was like football stats then every player would just do nothing like our current QB.......

yourfavoritetexan42
02-03-2007, 11:12 AM
NFL needs to get off his nuts... the guy threw 5 more picks then he did touchdowns. His team won those games...he only won one of those games... he wasn't that great...jesus...

hot pickle
02-03-2007, 11:16 AM
wow, i love VY, but he doesn't deserve a pro-bowl selection

The Dream
02-03-2007, 11:40 AM
and there is a chance the Texans would have been better than 6-10 with VY

Fixed :ok:

DarkNinja
02-03-2007, 11:44 AM
I'm a big VY supporter, born/raised in Houston, and lived in his neighborhood. No one on this board disliking him will ever appreciate him or his talent with these stupid negative comments. If the idiots in the FO had picked him in the beginning, we would be praising him b/c he would have taken us to the playoffs at least. Now where are the ignorant Houstonians that should be patronizing our heroes like J. Addai, he is from Houston. VY is showing more guts and talent than any other QB and David Carr could ever dream of in his rookie season. No quarterback in their rookie season has the talent that VY has shown since he started playing football. Look at Tiger Woods for example. Don't hate the player, hate the game.:ok:

Wolf
02-03-2007, 11:48 AM
great for vince....he earned it :rolleyes:

The Dream
02-03-2007, 11:52 AM
I'm a big VY supporter, born/raised in Houston, and lived in his neighborhood. No one on this board disliking him will ever appreciate him or his talent with these stupid negative comments. If the idiots in the FO had picked him in the beginning, we would be praising him b/c he would have taken us to the playoffs at least. Now where are the ignorant Houstonians that should be patronizing our heroes like J. Addai, he is from Houston. VY is showing more guts and talent than any other QB and David Carr could ever dream of in his rookie season. No quarterback in their rookie season has the talent that VY has shown since he started playing football. Look at Tiger Woods for example. Don't hate the player, hate the game

^^^ Word.....the guy was a huge difference maker on his team and that's why he's headed to the Pro-Bowl...and to think people didn't think he'd be starting this year....let's take a look at what he did

1.) Started and made progress
2.) Almost got his team into the post-season
3.) Turned a laughing stock football team into legit playoff contenders come next season
4.) Was praised by his teammates and coaches
5.) Made "the run" against the Texans
6.) Made the pro-bowl

Oh boy what a "bust"

Wolf
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
the run ..too funny..vince better have made it.. watch the video on it.. we came with 8 people and the titans OL did a great job.. only had to dodge 7 people and heck their wr knocked 2 of our guys down with one hit.. I am not discrediting Vince's run on that play because I was very disappointed ,but it wasn't just him that pulled a steve young against the vikings in the playoffs many years ago

Wolf
02-03-2007, 11:55 AM
Obviously most of the neg comments are from people who didn't watch him play and only scan a stat line (what I see is a dangerous QB making important plays when it counts....you can't see that in a stat line)....If it is going to take him 3-4 years to develop....watch out. He already put his team in a position to go to the playoffs and made his first Pro Bowl, but yeah, we want to "win now" and can't wait for him to make his 3rd or 4th Pro Bowl.

very true vinny, he has a knack of picking up key 3rd down plays and such

The Dream
02-03-2007, 12:01 PM
So when is Carr going to make his first pro-bowl appearance? :stirpot: :tease:

Nawzer
02-03-2007, 12:02 PM
Congrats to VY. He didn't have a great season statistically but he led this team to the playoffs almost. Hopefully we'll have Texans qb in the Pro-Bowl next yea.

Mr. White
02-03-2007, 12:27 PM
You can't argue with the scoreboard.

And the scoreboard says that the guy is OROY and a Pro-Bowler now.

I'll repeat something that I mentioned yesterday. A lot of Texans fans are in a unique situation right now. Loyalties are split. A hometown hero is playing for the division rival and most of us are hoping that he does well.

He's doing well.

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-03-2007, 12:34 PM
Stats wise he definitely doesn't deserve it. But his record and how much he turned the team around and put them on his shoulders ... he deserves it.

I'm just happy for him. He works hard.

The Dream
02-03-2007, 12:51 PM
Vince for MVP next year? *shrugs shoulders*

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-03-2007, 12:55 PM
Vince for MVP next year? *shrugs shoulders*

Well the odds on the Titans going to the Superbowl next year are 40-1 right now. I'm going to lay down $100.

Charter PSL Fan
02-03-2007, 01:08 PM
VY must have paid off a bunch of people. Of course with all the money he made at UT and then the pay cut he took to go to the NFL he still has alot of money.

Or perhaps NIKE or whatever shoe he ads for paid off someone. Something stinks about this. Brady may have had his pockets lined. It's not April fools day yet is it?

MrMeToo
02-03-2007, 01:26 PM
Good news.I'm happy for Vince...

dirty steve
02-03-2007, 01:44 PM
just want to make things clear.
VY can ball.
i dont dislike him...
i am proud to say that we are from the same hometown.

but he is a Titan so I don't root for him professionally, and just because I dont it doesnt make me a hater. I root for the team not the name.

The Dream
02-03-2007, 01:53 PM
just want to make things clear.
VY can ball.
i dont dislike him...
i am proud to say that we are from the same hometown.

but he is a Titan so I don't root for him professionally, and just because I dont it doesnt make me a hater. I root for the team not the name.

I don't consider u a hater....although there are VY haters all across this board.

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-03-2007, 02:06 PM
NFL needs to get off his nuts... the guy threw 5 more picks then he did touchdowns. His team won those games...he only won one of those games... he wasn't that great...jesus...

So I guess his rushing touchdowns don't count.

DenverBorn
02-03-2007, 02:10 PM
[QUOTE=OrangeCountyTexansFan;587944]Actually, it would only be fitting if Meco was able to tackle Vince Young and gloat over him lying on the ground.[QUOTE]

uhh- he had his chance. I think Meco was maybe 35 yards away when Vince crossed the goal line in overtime? I think Vince ran right through the area Meco vacated when he blitzed Vince on third and 14 -

DenverBorn
02-03-2007, 02:15 PM
If VY really wanted to be a Texan, he should have stayed in school another year. I don't fault him for coming out early, but he had to have known that the Texans weren't going to pick him with the #1 pick if he came out.

VY could still be a Texan if he really wants to. All he has to do is demand a trade and hold out until Bud trades him to the Texans. He could screw Bud and Come to Houston in one move. Wouldn't be the first QB to hold out and/or demand a trade.

Are you insane? Do you think that if Vince had stayed in school another year that he would be available at the 8th pick?

And Vince isn't Eli Manning or some other its-all-about-me player. Houston didn't want him, so what makes you think they would've traded for him?And why would Vince want to screw Bud? Bud's the one who's shown confidence in him

This ranks up there as dumbest post of the year.

Wolf
02-03-2007, 02:19 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

yes Demeco came around

Hulk75
02-03-2007, 02:24 PM
Tom Brady is playing golf and doesn't like Hawaii's outrageous tax hikes. I mean a big mac that costs 2.99 here and over there would be around 5.99 shheeesh I wouldn't go there either.:bubble:

Uhmmm also stats don't mean jack in the NFL. Its not like baseball were numbers mean everything. if baseball was like football stats then every player would just do nothing like our current QB.......
Thank You for proving my point, Someone put Rex Groosman in the pro bowl and I will accept the fact Vince made it just on Wins.

Hulk75
02-03-2007, 02:30 PM

I dont know but it is not going to be do to injury of another QB, and for the last time he was voted in by the commishiner not players and coaches.

Wolf
02-03-2007, 02:33 PM
forget this VY talk . Andy Roddick's got an arm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k6S8TW5slU

Kaiser Toro
02-03-2007, 02:35 PM
Well the odds on the Titans going to the Superbowl next year are 40-1 right now. I'm going to lay down $100.

Thanks for the tip. That is worth a hundy units.

Wolf
02-03-2007, 02:36 PM
KT suprised at you How are the Titans going to go if we all know the Texans are going ;)

Kaiser Toro
02-03-2007, 02:43 PM
KT suprised at you How are the Titans going to go if we all know the Texans are going ;)

Hedging myself as I am way over invested in the Texans and VY is that type of player that makes other believe. In the heat of competition it is often the catalyst that can prople a team to another level. I think Mario is going to have that same effect with us next year.

Ole Miss Texan
02-03-2007, 03:09 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AKURxvgBU5g

yes Demeco came around

good find on the video. what you can clearly see on it were a few things. (55sec mark)

1. Greenwood #56? got blocked superbly by a titan lineman
2. Weaver #92 ? got blocked superbly by a titan lineman.
3. Demeco had a great blitz to get to vince.
4. if not for 1 and 2....demeco would have sacked vince or at least vy wouldn't have run right up the middle
5.mario was held by their right tackle. (although mario still probably wouldn't have caught up)
6. one hell of a block by one of their receivers.

From what i saw watching the game and this replay...the titans offensive line and that block by the receiver set up the play. It was a busted play and the texans for the most part did a decent job. the main thing were the 2 blocks on greenwood and weaver that left the middle wide open.

With that said...Vince executed to perfection...he felt demeco right in his face and stepped right up to where there should be 4 guys at each other in the middle. he then made a great straight away run that no other qb in the nfl could make except maybe vick.

Congrats to VY and hope he does well. there isn't any reason to root against him at this point. we should all want the afc to kick the nfc's butt.

Silver Oak
02-03-2007, 03:18 PM
Anything owned by Bud Adams will never get my support.

QB75
02-03-2007, 04:55 PM
You're right about Austin, thanks to the Texans draft blunders we don't have much of a choice unless we buy NFL Sunday ticket which I will be doing so I can watch any other team besides Bud's.

BTW, this has a lot to do with David Carr. The guy flat out sucks, however the Texans decide to extend his contract, pass on a guy like Vince Young, leaving us fans stuck with watching this inept guy every week, while VY comes to town wearing Bud duds running it up our a** as Bud laughs at us. Sure I'm bitter.

On the other hand, some of us are delighted that he's playing in Tennessee.:dance2:

thunderkyss
02-03-2007, 05:18 PM

Signed,

That's all I heard last Spring...... over & over & over again.

HoustonFrog
02-03-2007, 05:27 PM
forget this VY talk . Andy Roddick's got an arm
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-k6S8TW5slU

Maybe he can look off receivers and throw it away when outside the pocket.

Heath Shuler
02-03-2007, 05:31 PM
I dont know but it is not going to be do to injury of another QB, and for the last time he was voted in by the commishiner not players and coaches.

Source please.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
02-03-2007, 05:35 PM
Anything owned by Bud Adams will never get my support.
Ah, a poster with actual sense!

Dr. Toro
02-03-2007, 06:05 PM
Pro-Bowl players are selected based on fans, coaches, and player votes (1/3rd each). Alternates face the same criteria. He was announced as an alternate from day 1. It's not known whether he was the 2nd or 3rd alternate behind Brady and maybe McNair.

http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=7&screen=news&news_id=53759

He wasn't even top 5 among rookie vote-getters as you can see here.

http://www.nfl.com/probowl/balloting_final

So barring a big conspiracy (picture a smoke filled room and Bud Adams cackling), VY was voted in based on the player and coach voting.

I'm sure everybody is lining everybody's pockets though to get this kid in the game. Ockham's razor, folks.

The continued antipathy still boggles, he begged to be a Texan, folks, view it as a compliment. It's just football, he's not the enemy.

thunderkyss
02-03-2007, 06:08 PM
The continued antipathy still boggles, he begged to be a Texan, folks, view it as a compliment. It's just football, he's not the enemy.

To True Bill..... To True......

dat_boy_yec
02-03-2007, 06:28 PM
You can't argue with the scoreboard.

And the scoreboard says that the guy is OROY and a Pro-Bowler now.

I'll repeat something that I mentioned yesterday. A lot of Texans fans are in a unique situation right now. Loyalties are split. A hometown hero is playing for the division rival and most of us are hoping that he does well.

He's doing well.

No how does that change allegiances. I guess it's okay to want him to do well, but is it fair to all the other homegrown talent? Addai is in the superbowl and everybody could care less. Tell it like it is, Texas fans are conflicted, I'm a Texans fan and really all the attention given to Young is actually starting to irk me. Our team is here, our team is doing it's own thing, if people like Young so much and have a conflict of interest maybe they should re-evaluate their loyalty, because guess what Young isn't in college anymore.

Bongo59
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Vince Young had a fine rookie season, but I don't think he should have been the 2nd alternate. Are the alternates the ones that get the most fan votes who didn't earn a starting bid or are they chosen by the players or coaches? I don't understand why so many players who get chosen don't want to go to the Pro Bowl? It's Hawai'i for gosh sakes!McNair said he would not go so VY could.............classy

ATX
02-03-2007, 06:35 PM
Are you insane? Do you think that if Vince had stayed in school another year that he would be available at the 8th pick?

And Vince isn't Eli Manning or some other its-all-about-me player. Houston didn't want him, so what makes you think they would've traded for him?And why would Vince want to screw Bud? Bud's the one who's shown confidence in him

This ranks up there as dumbest post of the year.

Dude. Lighten the freak up, I wasn't being 100% serious in my post. Sorry, I can't support a native Houstonian that wouldn't screw Bud Adams over if he had the opportunity.

Bongo59
02-03-2007, 06:38 PM
I'm a big VY supporter, born/raised in Houston, and lived in his neighborhood. No one on this board disliking him will ever appreciate him or his talent with these stupid negative comments. If the idiots in the FO had picked him in the beginning, we would be praising him b/c he would have taken us to the playoffs at least. Now where are the ignorant Houstonians that should be patronizing our heroes like J. Addai, he is from Houston. VY is showing more guts and talent than any other QB and David Carr could ever dream of in his rookie season. No quarterback in their rookie season has the talent that VY has shown since he started playing football. Look at Tiger Woods for example. Don't hate the player, hate the game.:ok:
it is Jealousy...............cause Bud got him. VY asked to be a Texan.............and you can bet your behind he is going to kill McNair until he is done.

thunderkyss
02-03-2007, 06:38 PM
No how does that change allegiances. I guess it's okay to want him to do well, but is it fair to all the other homegrown talent? Addai is in the superbowl and everybody could care less. Tell it like it is, Texas fans are conflicted, I'm a Texans fan and really all the attention given to Young is actually starting to irk me. Our team is here, our team is doing it's own thing, if people like Young so much and have a conflict of interest maybe they should re-evaluate their loyalty, because guess what Young isn't in college anymore.

I'm rooting for the Colts to win the SuperBowl.

Why??

Because Joseph Addai is from Houston, and I think Peyton & Dungy deserve a SuperBowl Victory more than anything else.

& while it would be nice for Kubiak to begin next seasons first pep Talk with "we beat the AFC Champions" I think it would be much better if he would say, "We beat the Superbowl Champions"

bigcarlos
02-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Signed,

:shades:

ATX
02-03-2007, 06:42 PM

Tell me about it. I'm a big UT fan, rooted for VY at UT, watched most of his games at UT, and the Rose Bowl was the best game I've ever seen in my life. With that said, VY isn't playing for the Longhorns anymore. The past is the past to me with the NFL. I don't care where you came from as long as you're helping my Texans win. VY is just another player on an opposing team to me now.

Bongo59
02-03-2007, 06:46 PM
http://www.websitetoolbox.com/tool/post/titanscentral/vpost?id=1675589

Steve is total class.............

bigcarlos
02-03-2007, 06:49 PM

LMAO.........NEVER.....Hopefully he's not our QB for much longer:marionaner:

dirty steve
02-03-2007, 06:59 PM
I don't care where you came from as long as you're helping my Texans win. VY is just another player on an opposing team to me now.
true that ATX. couldnt have said it better.

Texasian
02-03-2007, 08:00 PM

Signed,

LMAO!!!
Hey, I am not one of the 'morons'! I wanted VY! But unfortunately, we Texans fans must move on and take it (thanks to dumb uppermanagement decision making).
Imagine, national media love, nationally televised games to showcase, no longer one the laughing stalks in sports......nevermind.

Hulk75
02-03-2007, 08:02 PM
Source please.

I hear things. Email John McClain he will tell you.:yes:

Mr. White
02-03-2007, 08:23 PM

Feel free to stand up on that soapbox and tell football fans how to be fans. The fact is that won't change a damn thing. As long as VY is from Texas, he'll have fans in Texas.

dat_boy_yec
02-03-2007, 08:30 PM
Feel free to stand up on that soapbox and tell football fans how to be fans. The fact is that won't change a damn thing. As long as VY is from Texas, he'll have fans in Texas.

Prettily put, you know what though. I'm not telling fans how to be fans I'm just stating my opinion. You know what the fact's are, everyone bitching about how we should have taken Young won't change a damn thing. As long as VY is a Titan he's not a Texan. (On the Texans roster.)

Mr. White
02-03-2007, 08:41 PM
Prettily put, you know what though. I'm not telling fans how to be fans I'm just stating my opinion. You know what the fact's are, everyone bitching about how we should have taken Young won't change a damn thing. As long as VY is a Titan he's not a Texan. (On the Texans roster.)

I respect that and even agree to an extent. The main point that I was making earlier is that fans of Houston sports (me included) are gonna have to find a way to deal with being a fan of a division rival without selling our team down the river.

Wolf
02-03-2007, 08:54 PM
wow rashad lewis sure has a following in houston and he doesn't play for the Rockets...I guess Pettite are going to take away from Astro fans and make them Yankee fans. Thank Goodness for Berkman being an Astro or we wouldn't have anyone in the state rooting for them..

I like Vince,but it is gotten out of hand that 9 months later people can't let it go and move on.

if we draft Adrian Peterson.. at least Palestine texas will get to see the Texans, we will have at least a following there

Heath Shuler
02-03-2007, 09:00 PM
I hear things. Email John McClain he will tell you.:yes:

Do you mean from voices in your head? Maybe you should discuss that with a competent mental health professional (psychologist, psychiatrist, whoever).

Until I hear it from a reliable source, your “he was voted in by the commishiner not players and coaches” theory sounds like bitter sour grapes to me.

Ole Miss Texan
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM
wow rashad lewis sure has a following in houston and he doesn't play for the Rockets...I guess Pettite are going to take away from Astro fans and make them Yankee fans. Thank Goodness for Berkman being an Astro or we wouldn't have anyone in the state rooting for them..

I like Vince,but it is gotten out of hand that 9 months later people can't let it go and move on.

if we draft Adrian Peterson.. at least Palestine texas will get to see the Texans, we will have at least a following there

Sweet, those 15,000 people will help tremendously.

StarStruck
02-03-2007, 09:04 PM

The big "if" Adrian becomes a Texan, Palestine might not be big enough to pull the Cowboys in favor of the Texans. It probably won't matter though since many of the folks up there sitll have dishes large enough to pull in any station of choice.

Dr. Toro
02-03-2007, 09:07 PM

Funny you mention Rashard Lewis, wasn't he allegedly given a pre-draft guarantee that if available the Rockets would take him (remember the tears)? They had 3 first rounders too... took Mirsad Turkcan, Bryce Drew, and Michael Dickerson. All three guys were out of the league by 2004 and off the Rockets by 2000, while little ol' Rashard from H-town is putting up 22 and 7. People still call in sports radio on that one too... and they should, it was a legendary gaffe.

I'd love to see AP in battle red though.

Texasian
02-03-2007, 10:19 PM

Face it, nationally and forever, this will be looked at as the Sam Bowie/Michael Jordan decision of football. MARIO NEEDS TO STEP IT UP OR THIS DEBATE WILL CARRY ON FOREVER! Well maybe if Adrian does well as a Texan, we might forget about it, but I doubt it!

Austin & San Antonio market vs Palestine
ummmmm, no comparison and that isn't really any kind of moral victory.

kbourda
02-03-2007, 10:24 PM
What no more negative posts? Come on VY bashers! Is that all you guys got? Seems like the detractors are slowly getting less and less. To the few brave warriors I commend you sticking to your "VY Sucks" guns. It takes courage to continue to look clueless. I've said it once and i'll say it again, all this guy does is play the game and performs at a high and gets bashed for it. The only time this guy "lobbied" for anything was to play for the home team. Yet he's crucified unmercifully on this board for wanting such. He didn't ask to be Rookie of the Year or to be on the Pro-Bowl roster but like clock-work he's the bad guy! Amazing.

TNTitan
02-04-2007, 06:58 AM
LMAO!!!
Hey, I am not one of the 'morons'! I wanted VY! But unfortunately, we Texans fans must move on and take it (thanks to dumb uppermanagement decision making).
Imagine, national media love, nationally televised games to showcase, no longer one the laughing stalks in sports......nevermind.

you still have Oakland :)

yourfavoritetexan42
02-04-2007, 09:32 AM

once u throws 18 interceptions and 13 touchdowns. Thats what it takes to be in the pro bowl.

Hookem Horns
02-04-2007, 10:19 AM
once u throws 18 interceptions and 13 touchdowns. Thats what it takes to be in the pro bowl.

No, when he takes control over a p*ss poor team with no motivation that starts out 0-5 (without him), inspires his teammates to get off their mopey a**es and do something which makes everyone better around him, reels off 8 of 11 wins missing the playoffs by one game with a team that should be cellar dwellers then maybe Carr can make the Pro Bowl.

You can't argue that Carr hasn't been in the same situation yet instead of firing his teammates up, he seems to accept mediocrity and chooses to make statements like "this is not a must win game but a must play well game" or answering Kubes question of "David, we have a minute left, do you want the ball here and try to win this thing, or do you want to take a knee and take our chances in OT?" ... Carr's response "I don't know, it's up to you coach.". I can just see his teammates hanging their heads after that one.

cbnjwill
02-04-2007, 10:27 AM
Hey One More Time This Yr To Watch Vy Do His Thing That Definately Doesnt Suck.. Too Bad Its Not In A Texans Uniorm.. Hookem Vince

Mr teX
02-04-2007, 11:18 AM
& then they wonder why no one watches the pro bowl. if anyone looks at the pro-bowl as anything other than an excuse to extend the football season, then i don't know what to tell you. Anyhow, Congrats to VY....... I guess.

kastofsna
02-05-2007, 12:06 PM
proof that this game is no more valid than the skills competition during the NHL all-star break.

jerek
02-05-2007, 12:14 PM

He wasn't, but of course there is nothing the front office can ever do or say to convince people that we drafted Mario Williams for other than reasons of "signability." While we're on that topic, David Carr was resigned not because the FO believed he was a redeemable player but because he is Bob McNair's secret bastard child.

In other news, Bob McNair became a billionaire through blind luck. He doesn't know how to put together or trust a team to make football decisions for him. He should however be perfect and accordingly he refuses to accept a Longhorn anywhere in his organization, except that he has several on his board and throughout his coaching staff.

I have never seen allegedly grown people whine so much about a football team. I've seen terminal cancer patients complain less.

Kaiser Toro
02-05-2007, 12:21 PM
He wasn't, but of course there is nothing the front office can ever do or say to convince people that we drafted Mario Williams for other than reasons of "signability." While we're on that topic, David Carr was resigned not because the FO believed he was a redeemable player but because he is Bob McNair's secret bastard child.

In other news, Bob McNair became a billionaire through blind luck. He doesn't know how to put together or trust a team to make football decisions for him. He should however be perfect and accordingly he refuses to accept a Longhorn anywhere in his organization, except that he has several on his board and throughout his coaching staff.

I have never seen allegedly grown people whine so much about a football team. I've seen terminal cancer patients complain less.

There is no whining in business, there is data and action to be taken. This is a business and paying him 7+ million or taking a 4m cap hit is the question based on his past performance. Spin anyway you like, but business needs outweigh individual development on this 5 year employee.

I doubt you have owned your business so I am pretty confident you would have zero inkling on how to act via proxy for Mr. McNair since he has to answer to the customers, the board and his partners. Let the big boys talk about financial implications while you go into the Hospice in your clown suit to help the terminally ill.

jerek
02-05-2007, 01:06 PM
There is no whining in business, there is data and action to be taken. This is a business and paying him 7+ million or taking a 4m cap hit is the question based on his past performance. Spin anyway you like, but business needs outweigh individual development on this 5 year employee.

I doubt you have owned your business so I am pretty confident you would have zero inkling on how to act via proxy for Mr. McNair since he has to answer to the customers, the board and his partners. Let the big boys talk about financial implications while you go into the Hospice in your clown suit to help the terminally ill.

I have twice owned my own business and in mentioning whining I certainly wasn't referring to the idea of holding David Carr reasonably responsible for his play and weighing the gains of this investment versus other possibilities.

I was referring to the constant wah wah wah I want to suckle on VY's teet but Bob McNair hates me and my life sucks because I don't have any interests or fulfillment outside of football kind of banter. I am quite simply sick of reading this tripe.

I barely venture into the Bullpen or NFL sections these days and every time I do I wish I hadn't. I'll leave you business-savvy self-described geniuses to carry on about why David Carr is a bad ROI (he is at this point) and why VY is nothing short of the greatest thing sliced bread (he's not bad). My point however poorly communicated or misunderstood on your part was that it is ridiculous to "still be bitter" as a fan about a game of football.

kbourda
02-05-2007, 01:09 PM

Damn, that was a tough burn. I respect opinions from both sides so I can see where Jerek is coming from. But you have a point as well, KT.

Mr. White
02-05-2007, 01:25 PM
I was referring to the constant wah wah wah I want to suckle on VY's teet but Bob McNair hates me and my life sucks because I don't have any interests or fulfillment outside of football kind of banter. See Exhibit A Hook Em Horns which prompted my initial response.

IMO, Austin fans have a right to bag on McNair. A lot of Austin fans have followed the team since day one and the team has made zero effort to market outside of Houston. I'll bet San Antonio fans would agree.

I think just as a matter of principle, the Texans should have tried to stake out the other Texas cities so they could at least be Texas' AFC team. Now, they aren't even that.

The Texans had a luncheon before the 2002 season and there was free coffee at Austin area Exxons when the Texans won in 2005. Other than that, the team has had no presence in Austin.

If Cowboys fans in Texas can watch the Cowboys every Sunday, then there's no reason that Texans fans in Texas shouldn't watch the Texans every Sunday.

jerek
02-05-2007, 01:30 PM
IMO, Austin fans have a right to bag on McNair. A lot of Austin fans have followed the team since day one and the team has made zero effort to market outside of Houston. I'll bet San Antonio fans would agree.

I think just as a matter of principle, the Texans should have tried to stake out the other Texas cities so they could at least be Texas' AFC team. Now, they aren't even that.

The Texans had a luncheon before the 2002 season and there was free coffee at Austin area Exxons when the Texans won in 2005. Other than that, the team has had no presence in Austin.

If Cowboys fans in Texas can watch the Cowboys every Sunday, then there's no reason that Texans fans in Texas shouldn't watch the Texans every Sunday.

I agree and this is yet another example of a perfectly relevant business discussion that you don't find much of in the football side of the boards. The Texans IMO have done a poor job marketing the team even locally and while I do not fault them for their draft choices of last year I can think of at least a dozen examples in which they stand to improve fan relations with only modest investment or policy change. The website while pretty is content-poor, the food still sucks, the music is not good, the Spanish/Mexican outreach is a joke, their staff arrogant and unresponsive to fan feedback ... and I could go on. I'd venture to bet the only thing upon which virtually all of us would agree is good are the cheerleaders.

As another example of the behavior that I was attempting to condemn, in the recent SB thread bagging on Rex Grossman, I'd say a healthy 1/3 of the posts are "but at least he does/doesn't suck as much as David Carr." Meanwhile in the Bullpen I'd venture to guess that 18/20 of the threads there, regardless of their original purpose, have been taken off track with some kind of "but Carr" statements. Just idiotic.

I'm sorry to have wasted anybody's time here, though I thank you for a literate and well-developed response. I'm really just venting which I don't do publicly here often and I don't need to waste any more time doing so, since I'm not adding anything to the discussion any way.

Mr. White
02-05-2007, 01:36 PM
I agree and this is yet another example of a perfectly relevant business discussion that you don't find much of in the football side of the boards. As another example, in the recent SB thread bagging on Rex Grossman, I'd say a healthy 1/3 of the posts are "but at least he does/doesn't suck as much as David Carr." Meanwhile in the Bullpen I'd venture to guess that 18/20 of the threads there, regardless of their original purpose, have been taken off track with some kind of "but Carr" statements. Just idiotic.

I'm sorry to have wasted anybody's time here, though I thank you for a literate and well-developed response. I'm really just venting which I don't do publicly here often and I don't need to waste any more time doing so, since I'm not adding anything to the discussion any way.

David Carr is this board's version of Godwin's Law (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Godwin%27s_law).

Godwin's Law (also known as Godwin's Rule of Nazi Analogies) is a mainstay of Internet culture, an adage formulated by Mike Godwin in 1990. The law states: "As an online discussion grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving Nazis or Hitler approaches one."

In the case of this board, "As any random thread grows longer, the probability of a comparison involving David Carr approaches one."

travfrancis
02-05-2007, 02:22 PM
Jerek do you realize what being a fan is? Fans have passion and are emotional. If you can't get excited or upset about the team you're pulling for than maybe you took up the wrong hobby. Something like wine sampling or collecting pieces of fine art might be more up your alley.

The issue is with you if you can't understand why there are some people that are upset that we passed on a QB that won rookie of the year and is playing in the pro bowl while the QB our front office stated as a reason for passing on him is probably on his way out door less than a year later.

jerek
02-05-2007, 03:34 PM
Jerek do you realize what being a fan is? Fans have passion and are emotional. If you can't get excited or upset about the team you're pulling for than maybe you took up the wrong hobby. Something like wine sampling or collecting pieces of fine art might be more up your alley.

The issue is with you if you can't understand why there are some people that are upset that we passed on a QB that won rookie of the year and is playing in the pro bowl while the QB our front office stated as a reason for passing on him is probably on his way out door less than a year later.

I know what being a fan is and I realize the futility in trying to define them myself. I've played basketball at the college level and I know what it is to love and hate your fans. I get excited for my team, am right there on Sunday win, lose, or draw with most of you guys and I also refuse to complain with my every breath about a mistake that my team made, any mistake, a full year after the fact. We have literally dozens of posters who have posted hundreds of times for months now about two and only two topics--the greatness of Vince Young and the lowest-of-low cow feces that is David Carr. Forgive my previous ambiguity but that is what you see all too frequently on these boards and is specifically the kind of behavior I was commenting against. That to me suggests some sort of social disorder or psychologically avoidant behavior, not a "hobby."

old football fan
02-05-2007, 03:58 PM
Look it's not like he's the #1 pick(Manning, Carson, Brady, Rivers, Young). Some of the others opted out and he gets to go. Pro Bowl is actually a complete waste of time and money IMO. I don't like Young, I believe he is tatally classless and a lowlife, BUT he is a very talented football player who will get better down the road, but lets not put him in the HOF yet.

travfrancis
02-05-2007, 04:23 PM
and I also refuse to complain with my every breath about a mistake that my team made, any mistake, a full year after the fact.

Well it might be easy for you to get over since you never wanted to draft him in the first place and probably still have your doubts about him. Can you at least see why others that had a different take on the situation might be a little upset and have a hard time getting over it? This issue is NOT going away unless Vince Young falls on his face or the Texans get really good quick. That's the risk the Texans front office took when passing on him.

jerek
02-05-2007, 04:44 PM
Well it might be easy for you to get over since you never wanted to draft him in the first place and probably still have your doubts about him. Can you at least see why others that had a different take on the situation might be a little upset and have a hard time getting over it? This issue is NOT going away unless Vince Young falls on his face or the Texans get really good quick. That's the risk the Texans front office took when passing on him.

I wanted Derrick Johnson 2 years ago, could not believe my good luck when he fell to us, and booed with just about everyone else at the draft party when we got Travis Johnson instead. Cass was a clown and has wrapped this franchise up and down in his used toilet paper. I've been a Texans fan since I moved back to Houston, I've bought the gear and have gone to the games and have listened to the bad jokes for years now. Whether or not I wanted VY initially and whether or not he's the best long-term solution there is little denying that he would have been more effective than Carr throughout the course of this season.

I've been a fan of basketball for many years longer than I have football. I loved the Bulls when MJ, Pippen, and Phil ruled the NBA, before Jerry Krause dismantled them years ahead of their time. I've followed the Spurs since David Robinson's days and have choked down mistake after mistake from that franchise. I've watched the NBA devolve from the arena of basketball at the highest level to a league of selfish showboats that is little more professional than the WWF or the playgrounds these clowns are harvested from.

Point being I know what it is to watch my team make mistakes and to things I vehemently disagree with. I still cannot fathom spending even 1/10th of the time on an anonymous message board that some people do here complaining about them.

Lucky
02-05-2007, 05:00 PM
...I don't like Young, I believe he is tatally classless and a lowlife...
A lowlife? Where does that come from? I haven't heard a peep about Young getting into trouble during all of his days in Austin or Bugtussle. Do you have breaking news?

Brazos-V
02-05-2007, 05:52 PM
Look it's not like he's the #1 pick(Manning, Carson, Brady, Rivers, Young). Some of the others opted out and he gets to go. Pro Bowl is actually a complete waste of time and money IMO. I don't like Young, I believe he is tatally classless and a lowlife, BUT he is a very talented football player who will get better down the road, but lets not put him in the HOF yet.

Merrill Hoge's cousin....perhaps.

I don't see how you can insult VY by calling him classless and a lowlife and you don't even know him. If you're tired of the VY love thats cool, but to insult. What did he ever do to you?

old football fan
02-05-2007, 06:51 PM
Just stating my opinion of him as a person. Maybe I used to strong of words to express that opinion and if you disagree with me that's fine. Also don't assume that people have not met each other. I do believe that he is talented and will only get better barring any injuries. Glad to see some people can disagree about something here without jumping down each others throats

axman40
02-05-2007, 07:02 PM
I wanted Derrick Johnson 2 years ago, could not believe my good luck when he fell to us, and booed with just about everyone else at the draft party when we got Travis Johnson instead. Cass was a clown and has wrapped this franchise up and down in his used toilet paper. I've been a Texans fan since I moved back to Houston, I've bought the gear and have gone to the games and have listened to the bad jokes for years now. Whether or not I wanted VY initially and whether or not he's the best long-term solution there is little denying that he would have been more effective than Carr throughout the course of this season.

I've been a fan of basketball for many years longer than I have football. I loved the Bulls when MJ, Pippen, and Phil ruled the NBA, before Jerry Krause dismantled them years ahead of their time. I've followed the Spurs since David Robinson's days and have choked down mistake after mistake from that franchise. I've watched the NBA devolve from the arena of basketball at the highest level to a league of selfish showboats that is little more professional than the WWF or the playgrounds these clowns are harvested from.

Point being I know what it is to watch my team make mistakes and to things I vehemently disagree with. I still cannot fathom spending even 1/10th of the time on an anonymous message board that some people do here complaining about them.
Cass had problems with Mack Browns X and O and player development. Fine but Mack knows talent .
Fan MB's are a good place to vent no punches thrown!
:ok:

TwinSisters
02-05-2007, 07:45 PM
... guys and I also refuse to complain with my every breath about a mistake that my team made, any mistake, a full year after the fact. ...against. That to me suggests some sort of social disorder or psychologically avoidant behavior, not a "hobby."

Not me.

I still get worked up about T-Ta-Tah-o... T-... Tah... Tah-ow-nee Bah...
Bah... Ba... TONY BOSELLI That ******* that sorry ****** **** **** and his bum ****** ****** ***** ****** ****** ********** Casserly love-child ***** ***** fit for ****** **** **** ******* farm animals.

and Social Disorder rules.
:jam:

and NO MORE PINK SHIRTS for Vince, that doesn't rule.

QB75
02-05-2007, 07:57 PM

Oh, so when the running game is working the Texans win more often than not. Not surprised. This is true of a lot of teams.

BattleRedToro
02-05-2007, 08:06 PM
The Pro Bowl is a joke.

QB75
02-05-2007, 08:25 PM
VINCE YOUNG PRO-BOWL, I guess maybe the Texans should have gotten him what do you think?

Not really.

BattleRedToro
02-05-2007, 08:32 PM
He wasn't in until 2 other alternates (Brady, McNair) said no for one, and secondly the Pro Bowl is a joke. The fact that he was next on the list ahead of Chad Pennington just shows how much of a joke the Pro Bowl is.

DarkNinja
02-05-2007, 08:43 PM
Man, will somebody read my posts!! I'm tired of talking about what should have happen. The money that the Texans missed out alone on him should have told everyone about that big mistake. I thought Ol Bob wanted to win games and make money. Ah! I'm proud of Vince and will always support him in his future career. I'm glad he proved everyone in the Texans org and the haters on this board wrong! Heck, if I hit the powerball someday I would buy the rights to the Oilers/Vince, build a team, and bring 'em back to Houston. :drunk:

BattleRedToro
02-05-2007, 08:49 PM
Man, will somebody read my posts!! I'm tired of talking about what should have happen. The money that the Texans missed out alone on him should have told everyone about that big mistake. I thought Ol Bob wanted to win games and make money. Ah! I'm proud of Vince and will always support him in his future career. I'm glad he proved everyone in the Texans org and the haters on this board wrong! Heck, if I hit the powerball someday I would buy the rights to the Oilers/Vince, build a team, and bring 'em back to Houston. :drunk:

What exactly has he proved? His team didn't make the playoffs. He was last among starting QB's in QB rating. As far as I can see he hasn't proven anything.

Silver Oak
02-05-2007, 09:10 PM
this thread has rightfully earned the dreaded "One Cow" rating from me.

MightyTExan
02-05-2007, 09:13 PM
this thread has rightfully earned the dreaded "One Cow-Plop" rating from me.

Fixed.

Mr. White
02-05-2007, 09:26 PM
and Social Disorder rules.
:jam:

I always get a lot of entertainment value from TS's posts. :drunk:

And he's right, but my man's showing his age here....

http://www.gaztesarea.net/musikale/irudiak/azkena_05_social-distortion.jpg

Social Distortion definitely rules. :jam: If you try to tell them otherwise, they'll stick you with their switchblades in the back alley.

Texan_Aggie222
02-05-2007, 10:06 PM
I can't think of another athelete who has had a better 12 months than Vince Young. He wins the National Championship, is picked #3 by the Tennesse Titans, becomes a starter and is a phonemina around the NFL and wins OROY and gets an invatiaion to the Pro Bowl. Life is Sweet for Vince. I also think the has appeared on the most SI covers than any other player in a 1 year span. If he had won the Heisman, his resume could have given him the title of the best year EVER by a football player.

Titan "Tack" Fan
02-05-2007, 10:58 PM
I can't think of another athelete who has had a better 12 months than Vince Young. He wins the National Championship, is picked #3 by the Tennesse Titans, becomes a starter and is a phonemina around the NFL and wins OROY and gets an invatiaion to the Pro Bowl. Life is Sweet for Vince. I also think the has appeared on the most SI covers than any other player in a 1 year span. If he had won the Heisman, his resume could have given him the title of the best year EVER by a football player.

I would definitely agree with that. Also, arguably (given the circumstances) he played the best game by any quarterback in college fb history (against USC). He's had a huge year.

TNTitan
02-06-2007, 05:59 AM
Not really.

its ok, you can admit it now :)

QB75
02-06-2007, 07:37 AM
its ok, you can admit it now :)

Delighted that he's playing in Tennessee! :dance2:

Mr teX
02-06-2007, 09:23 AM

Wow, i didn't want him in the draft him, but unless you're 1 of USC/Michigan Defensive players from 2005/6, i don't really understand the hatred & name-calling.

Hookem Horns
02-06-2007, 09:32 AM
Delighted that he's playing in Tennessee! :dance2:

I assume by your posts that you're a relative as well?

QB75
02-06-2007, 09:44 AM

A relative of ...?

SamuraiSword
02-06-2007, 11:16 AM

yes we all believe qb75 is related to hulk75 :secret:

QB75
02-06-2007, 12:43 PM
yes we all believe qb75 is related to hulk75 :secret:

Just another point on which you are incorrect.