PDA

View Full Version : Chad Johnson being questioned in murder in Miami

Colts Addict
02-01-2007, 10:35 PM
I didn't see this posted yet, and since I am frequent reader over here, I figured I would link it. Hopefully its nothing... the Bengals sure haven't had much luck this year.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/nation/16602474.htm

TexansSeminole
02-02-2007, 07:04 AM
That is an interesting article. I doubt Chad Johnson had anything to do with it.

Kaiser Toro
02-02-2007, 08:22 AM
To quote Lil John, "What?!?!"

Colts Addict
02-02-2007, 08:50 AM
That is an interesting article. I doubt Chad Johnson had anything to do with it.

I doubt he did too... and hope like hell he didn't. It would totally destroy that ball club. Seems everytime we turn around these days though, one of the Bengals are having to deal with the police. Just not their year I guess.

indycolts685
02-02-2007, 11:18 AM
I didn't see this posted yet, and since I am frequent reader over here, I figured I would link it. Hopefully its nothing... the Bengals sure haven't had much luck this year.

http://www.bradenton.com/mld/bradenton/news/nation/16602474.htm

Wow that was an interesting article, like you said I doubt he had anything to do with it...for his sake I hope he didn't..

powerfuldragon
02-02-2007, 11:27 AM
they probably just assumed it was chad since he was the only bengal around.

Exithios
02-02-2007, 12:59 PM
Casserly did it...

Maddict5
02-02-2007, 07:20 PM
I doubt he did too... and hope like hell he didn't. It would totally destroy that ball club. Seems everytime we turn around these days though, one of the Bengals are having to deal with the police. Just not their year I guess.

thats because they are...dubasses are drink-driving etc..no need for any sympathy for them

baba ganoush
02-04-2007, 01:04 AM
Casserly did it...

i second that! lol:secret:

brewhaus
02-04-2007, 06:53 AM
The media is stirring the pot. This article on the heels of several articles about the Bengals organization being fed-up with all the arrests and character questions with their team is only adding fuel to the fire.

Marvin Lewis will no doubt make some major personnel changes this off season to address these problems with their team.
And we will also see some very definitive guidelines drawn by the league itself about player behavior on and off the field.

Cincinnatikid
02-04-2007, 08:33 AM
I don't know why every one is so hard on the bengals as an organization. All of the players in the nfl are adults and make their own decisions. The coaches can not keep the players from doing things in their free time. And if you read about chad johnson being questioned in the case the police said they interview everyone that had an acquaintance with the murdered guy. Even the kids mom said she had no idea why they were talking to him especially after the police said he was in no way a suspect. The one person the bengals really took a chance on, Ahmad Brooks, has done nothing wrong. Just because you have a hard time early in life or even if you had a great time growing up does not mean you will or will not get in trouble later. The league needs to find ways of helping these younger guys adjust to their new lives with money instead of just picking the bengals and saying they are out of control. This is the same reason why poor kids in poor school districts do not succeed because most people just label them as wastes as soon as they get in trouble one time intheir lives.

GuerillaBlack
02-04-2007, 08:53 AM
But rich kids from the Woodlands are given many more chances.

brewhaus
02-04-2007, 11:35 AM
I don't know why every one is so hard on the bengals as an organization.

The articles I read on ESPN were sighting the Bengals Organization as the ones being critical of the troubled players, not the league. Carson Palmer in particular spoke out about his dissatisfaction with the behavior of several of his team mates.
I do agree that these players are adults and as such should have full responsibility for their actions. I also agree that the league has a responsibility make known their expectations for appropriate behavior to the players who may otherwise not be prepared for fame and fortune

I apologize for not having links to those articles.

By the way Cincy............Antwan Peek rocks ! Go Bearcats.

Cincinnatikid
02-04-2007, 02:22 PM
I know the players are all pissed, but im talking about the rest of the country. Its the people who say the bengals pick up players with no moral character, blah blah blah. The real problem is when the league lets players who break rules and the law go to the pro bowl. That is the real problem in this league righ tnow.

brewhaus
02-04-2007, 07:20 PM
I know the players are all pissed, but im talking about the rest of the country. Its the people who say the bengals pick up players with no moral character, blah blah blah. The real problem is when the league lets players who break rules and the law go to the pro bowl. That is the real problem in this league righ tnow.

The league has, in the past turned a blind eye to poor behavior however that is not supposed to be the case in the future. As far as the rest of the country and what they say.......don't worry about it. Folks are going to talk smack and it is not worth worrying about...if you are a fan, be a fan and hope your team does it's best talking on the field.