PDA

View Full Version : I know I'll get hammered for this suggestion, but....

prostock101
02-01-2007, 03:54 PM
if there's a running back I'd like to see the Texans pickup is Ricky Williams. I know, I know.....the guy can't seem to pass up a doobie. But, when's he's got his head on straight, he's a dominant running back. It's really a shame because he had the talent to be as good or better than any of the premier backs in the NFL. Hmmmm.....now where's that pipe I was smokin'......:wacko: I'd even swap Carr for him.........

Exithios
02-01-2007, 04:04 PM
if there's a running back I'd like to see the Texans pickup is Ricky Williams. I know, I know.....the guy can't seem to pass up a doobie. But, when's he's got his head on straight, he's a dominant running back. It's really a shame because he had the talent to be as good or better than any of the premier backs in the NFL. Hmmmm.....now where's that pipe I was smokin'......:wacko:

Ricky took it.

texans83
02-01-2007, 04:22 PM
Every NFL team he has played for he has been a bust, and someone who you can not trust. I can just see BM now!!!!:scare:

hot pickle
02-01-2007, 04:42 PM
i wouldnt be opposed to gettin ricky

Please_Evolve
02-01-2007, 04:44 PM
Every NFL team he has played for he has been a bust, and someone who you can not trust. I can just see BM now!!!!:scare:

yep leading the league in rushing with over 1800 yards mandates you give someone the bust label. In all fairness when you give up what Ditka did in NO for Ricky...anything short of back to back 2000 yard rushing season is going to incur a bust label. Despite what you or other might think of the NO situation he wasn't surrounded by quaility talent and teams got to stack the line against him.

I will agree on the Miami sitation put him in a quite a negative spotlight but they were running him into the ground without much help...unless you count Fiedler as pro bowl talent. I could see the gripe with that and he could've handled it better.

When he came back to the dolphins the next year he did good spilting time and when he started to get more carries and more comfortable he was really running good at the tail end of the year. The dolphins still own his contract to my knowledge and might incur a late round pick for right seeing as they have Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris. While you have a relatively unknown here prolly far as Cam Cameron is concerned we know he's lead the league in rushing one year and exclleed when he was at UT. I don't think it could hurt this backfield to add him to it if we're not going AP this year in the draft.

What does continue to really blow my mind is...he's smoked pot. POT. He hasn't done Roids(Shawne Merrimen), he hasn't been busted for a DUI(Bengals), He hasn't been caught ina hotel room with cocaine and hookers(my cowboys shot of the day in), no weapons chargers agaisnt him(Tank in the superbowl) or no history of violent abuse. In all honesty i must say..... all these are forgiveable...but smoke a some pot and suddenly comparatively...you're an untouchable. The other thing that boggles me is...it's not exactly like Pot is a performace enhancing drug by any means so not like it's giving him some sort of edge over anyone.

If the cost isn't too high... i say why not...playing in Texas again in a less pressured situation on a team that barringa great offseason isn't expected to do much. Might be a good thing for him and the Texans if he start putting up decent numbers again then whoops suddenly you got first round talent for a late pick.

texans83
02-01-2007, 04:58 PM
yep leading the league in rushing with over 1800 yards mandates you give someone the bust label. In all fairness when you give up what Ditka did in NO for Ricky...anything short of back to back 2000 yard rushing season is going to incur a bust label. Despite what you or other might think of the NO situation he wasn't surrounded by quaility talent and teams got to stack the line against him.

I will agree on the Miami sitation put him in a quite a negative spotlight but they were running him into the ground without much help...unless you count Fiedler as pro bowl talent. I could see the gripe with that and he could've handled it better.

When he came back to the dolphins the next year he did good spilting time and when he started to get more carries and more comfortable he was really running good at the tail end of the year. The dolphins still own his contract to my knowledge and might incur a late round pick for right seeing as they have Ronnie Brown and Sammy Morris. While you have a relatively unknown here prolly far as Cam Cameron is concerned we know he's lead the league in rushing one year and exclleed when he was at UT. I don't think it could hurt this backfield to add him to it if we're not going AP this year in the draft.

What does continue to really blow my mind is...he's smoked pot. POT. He hasn't done Roids(Shawne Merrimen), he hasn't been busted for a DUI(Bengals), He hasn't been caught ina hotel room with cocaine and hookers(my cowboys shot of the day in), no weapons chargers agaisnt him(Tank in the superbowl) or no history of violent abuse. In all honesty i must say..... all these are forgiveable...but smoke a some pot and suddenly comparatively...you're an untouchable. The other thing that boggles me is...it's not exactly like Pot is a performace enhancing drug by any means so not like it's giving him some sort of edge over anyone.

If the cost isn't too high... i say why not...playing in Texas again in a less pressured situation on a team that barringa great offseason isn't expected to do much. Might be a good thing for him and the Texans if he start putting up decent numbers again then whoops suddenly you got first round talent for a late pick.

I mean for someone whith as much talent that he has you think he would just stop smokin, Everyone knows that the only reason he is going to come back is bc he needs all the money. Now what if he just shows up just so he can get a pay check? Then what are we going to do?

El Tejano
02-01-2007, 05:00 PM
More pot in Houston?

Ricky is Harry Potter.

texans83
02-01-2007, 05:06 PM
More pot in Houston?

Ricky is Harry Potter.

NICE!!!!!!

Double Barrel
02-01-2007, 05:40 PM
I don't dislike Ricky Williams...but his character issues and general flakiness about his dedication to pro football would prevent this organization from taking him.

rafterticket
02-01-2007, 05:56 PM
if there's a running back I'd like to see the Texans pickup is Ricky Williams. I know, I know.....the guy can't seem to pass up a doobie. But, when's he's got his head on straight, he's a dominant running back. It's really a shame because he had the talent to be as good or better than any of the premier backs in the NFL. Hmmmm.....now where's that pipe I was smokin'......:wacko: I'd even swap Carr for him.........

Ricky is the most disappointing talent in football since Marcus Dupree.

prostock101
02-01-2007, 06:36 PM
Honestly, I don't have any illusions about Ricky coming here and I seriously doubt that the FO would even consider it. Just wishful thinking on my part only if he'd come back and be the player he's capable of.........:pigfly:

Sportsfan
02-01-2007, 07:56 PM
McNair doesn't strike me as someone who would like a toker on his team.
I personally wouldn't care, the dude can pound the ball when he wants to.

TEXANRED
02-01-2007, 08:12 PM
We have enough problems on this team w/out a pot smokin' head case.

B/C we would much rather have players that smack there women around, stay out to late at clubs and miss practice, throw there girlfriend out of moving vehicles, murder someone, sell cocaine, take there guns out and threaten people with them, run over a cop with there car, or push there body guard in the way of a speeding bullet.

I can see where smoking weed is so much worse than that stone drunk, roided up freak that beats his family at 2 am.

Ricky Williams, a true reggae lovin, dred wearing, mellowed out menice to society.

TwinSisters
02-01-2007, 08:50 PM

No. You are not alone in this thinking.

It was one of the first things talked about after I heard Saban left Miami. What's going to happen to Harrington, Culpepper, adn Williams. I could easily see the Dolphins going for a Culpepper/Williams for Carr/Johnson deal. ( however the money issue makes it impossible just about )

EDIT:

Also from a marketing perspective... adding Ricky Williams will split the Longhorn nation on Young in Houston, while also softening the blow of passing up a game breaking RB. This of course would only be hedging a bet on Williams making a difference. If Houston ended up drafting a RB and taking the spot light away from Ricky along with ditching Carr/Johnson... that's a 180 turn for the positive. Most of the mental problems with Ricky stems from being in the spotlight too much... eh maybe there is something to the sychronicity of roaches freaking out when the lights come on?

thunderkyss
02-01-2007, 09:28 PM

I love Ricky Williams. If he comes to Houston, I wouldn't complain about David next year, the year after, the year after, and if they extend his contract again, I'd be fine with that.

I'm strectching a little here. But I'd be really, really stoked about having Ricky here.

Now.... to put this in perspective with the 'roids, & guns, love boat, Michael Ivin's attempted murder........ etc.....

It's not like Ricky wasn't given a chance.... it's not like one offense, and the league started hammering him. & then he just walked away under contract.....

he's brought it all on himself.

& if Ricky does come to Houston, he's got to be clean...... lean & clean.

thunderkyss
02-01-2007, 09:37 PM
No. You are not alone in this thinking.

It was one of the first things talked about after I heard Saban left Miami. What's going to happen to Harrington, Culpepper, adn Williams. I could easily see the Dolphins going for a Culpepper/Williams for Carr/Johnson deal. ( however the money issue makes it impossible just about )

What the heck are you smoking?? Carr/Johnson?? How about Carr+Salaam+Weigart+Wali+Gado+Anderson+Mathis..... ... Johnson should not be part of any deal...

ATX
02-01-2007, 09:49 PM
I don't know if I'd want Williams here. Just seems to me that he isn't what he used to be physically and is probably on the downside of his career. As far as him smoking pot.......stupid rule by the NFL if you ask me. Just let the man smoke. It's not performance enhancing and I'd bet Ricky isn't toking before the game either.

texansfanquecaneh
02-01-2007, 09:54 PM

He had a costly fumble in the CFL Playoffs, which eliminated his team.:secret:

TwinSisters
02-01-2007, 10:01 PM
What the heck are you smoking?? Carr/Johnson?? How about Carr+Salaam+Weigart+Wali+Gado+Anderson+Mathis..... ... Johnson should not be part of any deal...

Travis not Andre.

Two 1st Rounders that are about equal on value.

The Dolphins would most likely like Johnson since Capers hand picked him. Capers most likely still thinks highly of Carr too ( I am totally guessing though ).

The Dolphins interior is slightly aged too.. so it's not like Johnson would object all that much.

Culpepper would not be happy though.. but I am not sure what he is thinking because he wanted to play for Saban more then anything else.
----

I don't give a rat's tail about what Andre Johnson thinks about Carr, but this situation he is in now is killing his career ( although it is making him rich ).
Carl Pickens, give him a call.
---

NOT that any of this matters all that much, because of the money situation. It cannot happen. The cap ramifications would be really steep for either team.

Texans Horror
02-01-2007, 10:31 PM
What makes Ricky Williams costly to a team is not his pot-smoking, per se. It's teh consequences of him getting caught. Last time, it was a full-year suspension. What's it this time? Is he permanently out of the league? Are the Texans willing to put down money on a guy with a history of pot smoking who if he is caught will likely not play another game in the season?

Trap_Star
02-01-2007, 10:40 PM
Ricky comes with a posse....

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/hbaked07.jpg

19-10
02-01-2007, 10:52 PM
Ricky comes with a posse....

http://movies.infinitecoolness.com/16/hbaked07.jpg

Exactly! And in all likelyhood they (him and Chapell) roll, no pun intended, together. Too bad he, and others like Vick, can't just wait until later. I mean come on, NFL career short, money big, weed cheap - retire at 30 something and waste away on that pension. You can never go broke smoking the tree but you can lose a job.

TwinSisters
02-01-2007, 10:58 PM
Say he comes back and decides he wants to "retire" again leaving his next team stuck w/out a running back AGAIN. I just think we have enough problems trying to figure out who our running back is going to be. we don't have the time for him to decide if he wants to love reggae and weed and be a mellow fellow or if he wants to play football, because if he tries to do both, well you've already seen where that has gotten him.

What I am saying is who cares? Seriously what is the risk?

We don't have a solid RB right now anyway.

If we give up Carr and Johnson for him and Culpepper? What do we lose? Either one could be hurting us just as much as Culpepper being hurt and Williams getting kicked out of football like a Pete Rose or something.

Culpepper cost:
One of those biggest decisions will come at the quarterback position. Daunte Culpepper’s stock has fallen so much after a disastrous 2006 campaign that it wouldn’t be a shock if he were released in the off-season. Such a move would save the Dolphins’ $1.3 million in salary cap space for 2007 but also result in $5.6 million in “dead money.”
http://story.scout.com/a.z?s=61&p=2&c=613377

Ole Miss Texan
02-01-2007, 11:11 PM
What makes Ricky Williams costly to a team is not his pot-smoking, per se. It's teh consequences of him getting caught. Last time, it was a full-year suspension. What's it this time? Is he permanently out of the league? Are the Texans willing to put down money on a guy with a history of pot smoking who if he is caught will likely not play another game in the season?

What's the league minimum? lol. can we give him another contract with no bonus...just plain salary for 1 year only...if he's on the team he gets paid. If we cut him he still get paid. If he gets busted again or test positive for mary jane...he doesnt get paid jack squat.

doubt he'd go for it. where is master p at? we could give them a 9 million dollar bonus if he takes us to the superbowl and 15 mil if he wins it. That's a nice pay day for 1 year (their thinking) when in actuality he'll get probably 400k

Texas
02-01-2007, 11:16 PM
Do this..throw your computer out the window...cancel ur internet...and kill yourself..good day sir!

Hervoyel
02-01-2007, 11:17 PM

Half right. I would hardly call his performance in Miami prior to his first retirement a bust. He sure couldn't be counted on but he did perform at a very high level when he played for them. Before that he was hardly a bust in New Orleans. He ran for 884, 1000, and 1245 yards in three seasons and just kept getting better.

Ultimately though I think the biggest problem is that the last time anyone saw Ricky Williams playing football he wasn't the dominant back that was last seen in a Dolphins jersey. In fact I don't know that the Ricky Williams of 2002-2003 has been seen since the press conference where he announced his retirement to smoke some dope and chill. Ricky's not going to be coming back in his 1853 yards and 16 touchdowns form. He has in all likelyhood peaked.

Worth giving a tryout to (technically anything can happen) but I wouldn't spend much to try and get him. I wouldn't give up anything for him. I wouldn't count on him.

prostock101
02-01-2007, 11:47 PM
Ok, now it's getting clearer.......Hmmmmm........we trade Carr for Williams even stevens. He becomes totally rejuvenated like Ron Dayne last year and we tag team them in the backfield. Two Heisman Trophy winners, both with problem careers, but now totally focused and smashing through opposing defenses like a hot knife through butter........wow, I am still a genius! Quick! Someone get me Kubiak's home phone number......

:joker:

TwinSisters
02-02-2007, 06:12 AM
Ok, now it's getting clearer.......Hmmmmm........we trade Carr for Williams even stevens. He becomes totally rejuvenated like Ron Dayne last year and we tag team them in the backfield. Two Heisman Trophy winners, both with problem careers, but now totally focused and smashing through opposing defenses like a hot knife through butter........wow, I am still a genius! Quick! Someone get me Kubiak's home phone number......

no, you would have to call Cameron first or the new GM whoever that is.

Also someone pointed out to me today, he didn't think a player's salary counts against the cap in the NFL if you are suspended. So that clears most of risk on Williams. ( and makes it all that more unlikely that the Dolphins won't release or deal with him... his cost is around 670,000 base salary only. )

rvguy121
02-04-2007, 11:07 PM
Didn't Rickey play in Canada last year? What were his stats there?

TwinSisters
02-04-2007, 11:31 PM
Didn't Rickey play in Canada last year? What were his stats there?

yeah... I am not sure. His production was limited due to injury at first ( broken hand or something )

http://canoe.ca/Argos/Team/Roster/Ricky_Williams.html

Man, look how clean he looks up there! Everything looks cleaner in Canada.

57 carries 231 yards... but he only played in 5 games. ( not even sure how many games the CFL run in a season 18 something? )
---

The news in Miami is churning right now about the QB/RB scenarios though, so it's still up in the air about what is going to happen with him.

t_flare
02-05-2007, 12:30 AM
Ricky > all backs we have now

but still we can do better... I Love it when he scored a touchdown and they showed him at the sideline and he pretend to be smoking one.. Haha

Navy_Chris
02-05-2007, 02:17 AM

the reason we don't take him is because Ricky doesn't care about football passionately anymore. besides, nick saban was the only guy that believed in him, now he's gone...and so is ricky..hopefully, for good!

TexanAddict
02-05-2007, 01:16 PM
The only way I would accept Ricky Williams is if he was to sign for the league minimum, other than that I would not take him. Period.

canadiantexan
02-05-2007, 02:12 PM
yeah... I am not sure. His production was limited due to injury at first ( broken hand or something )

http://canoe.ca/Argos/Team/Roster/Ricky_Williams.html

Man, look how clean he looks up there! Everything looks cleaner in Canada.

57 carries 231 yards... but he only played in 5 games. ( not even sure how many games the CFL run in a season 18 something? )
---

The news in Miami is churning right now about the QB/RB scenarios though, so it's still up in the air about what is going to happen with him.

His production was also effected by the fact the CFL only plays three downs making the majority of the game passing.