PDA

View Full Version : Who's the new Center?

Ole Miss Texan
01-30-2007, 03:31 PM
I was just looking through our roster and noticed Chris White...C...2 years experience from Southern Miss.

Does anybody know when we got him and what he's like.

I don't want this to be a thread about our whole offensive line but let's stick strictly to the Center position. Who are we going to have next season...starter...depth...and do we go after one in the draft or is this White kid sufficient?

NATHANHALE
01-30-2007, 03:45 PM
I was just looking through our roster and noticed Chris White...C...2 years experience from Southern Miss.

I don't want this to be a thread about our whole offensive line but let's stick strictly to the Center position. Who are we going to have next season...starter...depth...and do we go after one in the draft or is this White kid sufficient?

Suprise...suprise...he played 1 game for the Packers in '05

Insideop
01-30-2007, 03:48 PM

Not sure who he is. He may have been on the practice squad this year, but I can't say for sure. With all the movement this passed season, on and off the practice squad, he could have been on there awhile and just wasn't noticed.

Texas
01-30-2007, 07:20 PM
He's been on the practice squad since nov 6 of last year. Was also undrafted and picked up in the Free Agency by green bay...

College Career
Was a two-year starter (2003-04) at Southern Mississippi after transferring from Holmes Community College in Goodman, Miss. In 2004, allowed only one sack as part of an offense that accumulated 3,915 total yards. Played a total of 886 snaps in 2003, helping him garner third-team All-Conference USA honors. Lettered both freshman and sophomore years at Holmes CC (2001-02), where he earned first-team all-region and All-North Division honors in 02. Earned a B.A. degree in management information systems from Southern Miss.

http://www.nflplayers.com/players/player.aspx?id=37677

Texans Horror
01-31-2007, 10:09 AM
I'm all for taking Doug Datish only because I think Ryan Kalil will be gone by the #39 spot. Datish is light and mobile, and he moved from tackle to guard to center as a Buckeye, so he has at least two qualities that Kubiak likes in a lineman: ability to move, and ability to play multiple positions.

I am less inclined to believe that the Texans will take Hawaii's Samson Satele only because his weaknesses (http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/scoutingreports/c/samsonsatele.html) include poor rush protection, and the Texans really need some inside push.

I would like the Texans to take the best center available in the second round, but I have a feeling the center selection could fall again to the third round.

Meloy
01-31-2007, 11:24 AM

I don't want this to be a thread about our whole offensive line but let's stick strictly to the Center position. Who are we going to have next season...starter...depth...and do we go after one in the draft or is this White kid sufficient?White is 6 foot 2 inches & listed as 285lbs. Hodgdon @ 6 foot 3 & 309lbs and has been criticised as too short with poor foot movement. If Flanagan recovers, I'd not be stunned to see him alternate with McKinney. Weary can play there but I do not see any draft picks above 6 going for this position.