PDA

View Full Version : ESPN and Owens

Carr Bombed
01-24-2007, 11:59 PM
Why the hell does ESPN feel america gives a rats ass about TO

I hate the fact that while waiting to see Rocket highlights I have to see "Owen watch 2007". The guy was below avg. this year hasn't done anything in about 2 1/2 years accept run his mouth. ESPN stop the soap oprah and stop airing the opinions of a overpaid, imature, selfish, overrated Ahole.

end rant.

bah007
01-25-2007, 12:00 AM

I hate the fact that while waiting to see Rocket highlights I have to see "Owen watch 2007". The guy was below avg. this year hasn't done anything in about 2 1/2 years accept run his mouth. ESPN stop the soap oprah and stop airing the opinions of a overpaid, imature, selfish, overrated Ahole.

end rant.

Just so you know, he led the NFL in TD catches.

So it isnt like he sucks, even tho he also led the league in drops.

Controversy is what the media is all about. They will always talk about controversial characters.

Thats just the way it is.

Trap_Star
01-25-2007, 12:01 AM
..."T.O. is who we think he is!!! But we still let him off the hook!!!!- ESPN

Carr Bombed
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
He make TD catches, but drops balls to extend drives. I believe he cost Parcells the NFC east title and a playoff home game.

He isn't worth the trouble and I think teams are starting to figure that out, so he needs to be a good little boy and shut up in Dallas.

mexican_texan
01-25-2007, 12:04 AM
..."T.O. is who we think he is!!! But we still let him off the hook!!!!- ESPN
"If you wanna crown him, then crown his....wait, we already did..."

Carr Bombed
01-25-2007, 12:06 AM
What was the name of that player in the Beer comercials, with Joe Buck. I think it was a spoof on selfish players, but TO is worse than him and takes it a whole different level. I've never seen such selfishness. He thinks he is Gods gift to football.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-25-2007, 12:08 AM
What was the name of that player in the Beer comercials, with Joe Buck. I think it was a spoof on selfish players, but TO is worse than him and takes it a whole different level. I've never seen such selfishness. He thinks he is Gods gift to football.

Leon

Trap_Star
01-25-2007, 12:11 AM

You mean Leon....:bubble:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nShJm4mKIpY

"Leon ALWAYS stands on the left"...

Carr Bombed
01-25-2007, 12:15 AM
Yeah Leon.......thats it...........thanks

T. Owens, is the true living Leon.

Its not my fault I keep droping these passes, My QB isn't putting the right spin on the ball.

Dallas is entering year 2 of TO, also known as, doomsday.

I found it ironic they lost the NFC east title to the team he dissed and the QB he ran backwards through a corn field and called gay.

TO should win Mike and Mike's just shut up award every week.

Huge
01-25-2007, 08:29 AM
That you started this thread is all the evidence you need as to why ESPN (and every other sports media outlet) continuously airs/prints stuff about Owens.

But "below average" is a bit of a stretch.

Terrell Owens - 85 catches, 1180 yards, 13 TDs - 1st in the league in drops
Andre Johnson - 103 catches, 1147 yards, 5 TDs - 3rd in the league in drops

I mean, if Owens is "below average", where does that put Andre?

StarStruck
01-25-2007, 12:14 PM

end rant.

Believe it or not there are some Americans interested in what's going on with TO. News sells.

Like him or not, he is not below average unless "all" wide receivers are below his below average. Not many players can lead the team in scoring with broken fingers and ankles. Thank goodness based on some of the soap operas that I have seen lately, ESPN isn't on that level. Not sure what is meant by Oprah, but my guess she is tied in with the Soaps.

I try not to get too worked up about the sports personalities. I had read and heard so much about the bad relationships that TO had with the Eagles team, then here I sit in Texas Stadium after the Eagles game on Christmas Day, and guess where TO is? First he is over in the circle of 20 or more Eagles players on the field doing what I assume is prayer. Then the handshakes, and lengthy conversation with I believe it was Westbrook. Basically, they were among the last to leave the field, laughing, talking, and I'm like WTH. Personally, I refuse to sit around draining my emotions by being angry about someone preceived as being in conflict only to find out they are hanging out together. Go figure!

I am not saying anything to be an apologist for TO because some of the things that he does I strongly disagree.

ledzeppelin229
01-25-2007, 12:27 PM
That you started this thread is all the evidence you need as to why ESPN (and every other sports media outlet) continuously airs/prints stuff about Owens.

In a piss-poor offense. Sad that in the offense we've been running Andre can have more receptions yet less yards and touchdowns. Our inability to pass has killed his chance to really progress as a player the past couple years.

That said, as a player, Owens is still one of the top WRs in the league when he isn't dropping the ball.

Showtime100
01-25-2007, 01:39 PM
This from the Austin American-Statesman today.......

Keyshawn, Rice tell T.O. to zip it

-------------------------------------------------------

Keyshawn Johnson and former pass-catching great Jerry Rice are critical of Terrell Owens for saying it was time for Bill Parcells to hit the road.

"He's like a bucket of water that just keeps flowing. Someone needs to plug him up," said Johnson.

Rice said, "Seeing all the drops he had, I felt like I should have come out of reirement."

------------------------------------------------------

Ouch. While I realize I just gave more news on T.O., I thought it was fun to read this morning.

mexican_texan
01-25-2007, 01:41 PM

Romo- 2nd best QB in NFL history
Carr- nothing needs to be said.

amazingandre
01-25-2007, 07:19 PM
ya but T.O. had a metal plate in his hand...he shouldnt have been playing at all for a while... but his team needed him too. and they wouldnt have even made the playoffs if T.O. doesnt make all those td's so ya he is still pretty damn good on the field....now off the field....you can hate him all you want cuz he did pretty shady things back in the day.....

Bubbajwp
01-25-2007, 07:34 PM
ya but T.O. had a metal plate in his hand...he shouldnt have been playing at all for a while... but his team needed him too. and they wouldnt have even made the playoffs if T.O. doesnt make all those td's so ya he is still pretty damn good on the field....now off the field....you can hate him all you want cuz he did pretty shady things back in the day.....

Gotta say I disagree with this. Jason Witten's numbers fell alot this year because they were going to TO in the redzone instead of their Stud TE.

bah007
01-25-2007, 08:04 PM
Gotta say I disagree with this. Jason Witten's numbers fell alot this year because they were going to TO in the redzone instead of their Stud TE.

Are you kidding?

Once Romo became the QB Witten became the #2 target.

When Bledsoe was QB Witten hardly saw the ball twice per game.

thunderkyss
01-25-2007, 08:51 PM
In a piss-poor offense. Sad that in the offense we've been running Andre can have more receptions yet less yards and touchdowns. Our inability to pass has killed his chance to really progress as a player the past couple years.

That said, as a player, Owens is still one of the top WRs in the league when he isn't dropping the ball.

Even when he is dropping balls, he is one of the top WRs in the league.

But I must say I agree with you about our passing game. With Jabar Gaffney flourishing(a little hyperbole) in New England, and Andre's contract end in sight, and Eric Moulds pretty much playing decoy all year, I hope something is seriously done in this off season to give us a chance to use some of this talent.

We should be blowing teams out, not getting blown out.

Bubbajwp
01-25-2007, 09:12 PM
Are you kidding?

Once Romo became the QB Witten became the #2 target.

When Bledsoe was QB Witten hardly saw the ball twice per game.

Are you kidding

In 2005 Bledsoe was the starting. QB Witten got 66 catches for 757 yards and 6tds.

In 06 Romo started 10 games. Witten got 64 rec 754 yrds and 1 TD.
Almost identicle stats other than TD's. Which like I said means they didnt throw to Witten in the Redzone.

Silver Oak
01-26-2007, 08:13 AM
Romo- 2nd best QB in NFL history
Carr- nothing needs to be said.

Romo-1 mishandled and bobbled FG snap to lose playoff game
Carr-0 mishandled and bobbled FG snaps

nothing needs to be said

Go Texans!

thunderkyss
01-26-2007, 08:44 AM
Are you kidding

In 2005 Bledsoe was the starting. QB Witten got 66 catches for 757 yards and 6tds.

Almost identicle stats other than TD's. Which like I said means they didnt throw to Witten in the Redzone.

Before the Giants game, Witten was the invisible man. He had 14 catches over 5 games.(2.8 catches a game)

From the Giants game on, he had 48 catches over 11 games(4.3 catches/game)

For some reason, Bledsoe started the season zeroing in on Glenn..... it's like that's all he saw..... my fantasy team was doing pretty good. But when Romo took over, he saw the field better...... Glenn's numbers went down though, my fantasy team suffered.

Huge
01-26-2007, 11:57 AM
Are you kidding

66 catches for 757 yards averages out to 4.125 catches, 47.3125 yards per game over 16 games.

44 catches, 517 yards (Witten's stats with Romo as the starter) averages out to 4.4 catches, 51.7 yards per game over 10 games.

I'm no math major but even I can figure out Witten saw the ball more often with Romo QBing. And it's no secret why. Witten was required to stay in and block more often with Bledsoe because he needed the extra protection.

threetoedpete
01-26-2007, 12:23 PM
Well I'm interested in him in the fact that a bunch of us speculated....bring in T.O. was a J.J. move. Tuna didn't know and didn't get a vote. A lot of folks posted that it would reach critical mass. Didn't get a volcano, but there was no way these two would ever live together. This soap oprea isn't over yet. The only one who hasn't got a clue is T.O. He gets his ticket punch out of Dallas, that's his last rodeo. The other shoe is bound to drop. Soon as J.J. figures out there is no way to save face with this guy, he'll pull the trigger on him. The only qeustion now is how long will J.J. wear egg on his face ? Any time the cow polks stumble, it's a good day.

Bubbajwp
01-26-2007, 03:38 PM
[QUOTE=amazingandre;582655]they wouldnt have even made the playoffs if T.O. doesnt make all those td's QUOTE]
I was talking about this post

Romo might have thrown the ball to witten as much if not more than Bledsoe but not in the redzone. Im just saying that they still would have made the playoffs if T.O. didnt get all the TD's. Somebody else like Witten would have. I wasnt as concerned with the receptions and yards as I was the TD's