PDA

View Full Version : McNabb Unhappy?

TEXANS84
01-24-2007, 11:27 AM
McNabb reportedly is unhappy that Eagles coach Andy Reid didn't allow him to travel with the team to New Orleans for the team's playoff game against the Saints. The Eagles have a rule that players on injured reserve don't travel with the team.

McNabb also reportedly might be getting the feeling that some with the Eagles might prefer Garcia as the team's starting quarterback after Garcia led Philadelphia to the playoffs and a postseason victory after McNabb's injury.

And McNabb also reportedly isn't happy with how his mother has been portrayed in the media and by Eagles fans for comments on her blog on his Web site. She wrote that watching the Eagles win without McNabb was "bittersweet."

On Tuesday, Reid dismissed reports that his star quarterback is unhappy with the organization.

"I think that people are making a lot of things up here that aren't true," Reid said in a conference call. "That's how it works. I just hate to see people making things up that aren't really true."

McNabb's agent, Fletcher Smith, told the Philadelphia Inquirer those rumors are not true.

"None of these stories quoted him," Smith told the Inquirer. "They're all quoting sources close to Donovan. They claim to know what he thinks and what he's feeling. Who are these people? I don't know. I think there should be some level of responsibility in getting his side of the story before printing
some of this stuff. It's sensationalism, and I guess it sells newspapers."

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=2739967

Huge
01-24-2007, 11:31 AM
Until McNabb is quoted, I'll give him the benefit of a doubt. If he's not going to run off at the mouth after the Owens debacle, I don't see him speaking up about this.

Double Barrel
01-24-2007, 11:50 AM
Gossip and rumors, the stuff of speculation. For some reason, I get the feeling that McNabb is not concerned and will be ready to compete, as always.

jgl35
01-24-2007, 01:53 PM
Welcome to the off season in Philly. You can choose between watching the sixer's or fliers lose or make up stories about the Eagles. Too cold to Golf. Everybody knows the Phills will came up a game short of the playoff spot even if they had Babe Ruth. Have to have something to do until opening day in Sept. So call sports radio and make up things about the Eagles. Good for ratings.

Blu
01-24-2007, 04:02 PM
nothing more than useless babel.

Let's start a McNabb to Houston thread.... :sarcasm:

Trap_Star
01-24-2007, 04:04 PM
Somebody did'nt eat their chunky soup....:shades: