PDA

View Full Version : Say what you will about Bud, at least he still hates the 'Boys

MightyTExan
01-23-2007, 02:46 PM
Titans won't let Cowboys talk to Fisher
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16771082/

NASHVILLE, Tenn. - Take Jeff Fisher's name out of the speculation on who might replace Bill Parcells with the Dallas Cowboys.

The Tennessee Titans have Fisher under contract for 2007 after owner Bud Adams picked up an option on his coach, and the team is working on a long-term extension.

"We haven't been contacted by Dallas," chief executive officer Steve Underwood said in a statement Tuesday. "In the event that we were, there are no circumstances that we would grant permission to the Cowboys to speak with Coach Fisher."

Even if Adams might not mind letting Fisher leave, Dallas would be the last team he would let steal away one of his coaches. Adams still lives in Houston where his Oilers fought to attract attention away from the Cowboys in Texas before relocating to Tennessee in 1997.

WWJD
01-23-2007, 02:49 PM
If they are trying to sign him to a long term extension and they want him to stay why would they let him talk to any team? That's just common sense. I don't imagine he'd let him talk to any team. Much adieu about nothing.

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 05:18 PM
So, Bud Adams hates the Cowboys....hmmmm...I just felt a *BUZZ* in my brain that allowed me to disliked Dallas a little less now. I'd hate to have more than one thing in common with Jabbud the Hut.

How could the Cowboys talk to Fisher when he's already a HC? I thought a coach had to move up, but not lateral, when under contract with another team.

WWJD
01-23-2007, 05:21 PM
I believe there is some type of draft compensation when you do that plus I guess there is the "get permission" type clause involved.

I would not be surprised if Jerry doesn't contact Mike Sherman for an interview.

Fisher would be my first choice if he were available.

Should also add that I bet Bill wasn't a real big Cowboy fan before he become coach. Strange how a few million dollars will change what one likes or dislikes.

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 05:23 PM
I'm hoping Sherman gets the job. I'm not big on him being our OC, to be honest.

WWJD
01-23-2007, 05:35 PM
I have not heard Jerry say this but a sports radio show that I stream said Jerry was only interested in coaches with NFL experience which would certainly include Coach Sherman and I guess bump off my guess of Coach Stoops.

Adding of course that was a sports reporter saying that and I did not hear Jerry say that so take that for what it's worth.

I kinda like Sherman. I thought he did a good job in GB.

My first choice would have been Fisher for sure and I never thought about it but Pete Carroll just popped into my head. Wasn't he a NFL guy at one time?

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 06:07 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Sherman, just not as our OC. I'd prefer someone that would be more inclined to follow Coach Kubiak's offensive vision, and my concern is that Sherman is more of a leader than a follower. He has his own ideas with regards to how offenses should function, and being a former NFL head coach, it would seem that his experience and ego might hinder his ability to be a follower.

WWJD
01-23-2007, 06:16 PM
I don't know..I always thought he sort of let Favre play his game; in other words he let his players play to their strengths rather than trying to mold them into what he thought they should do. I always thought he was a good offensive coach but their weakness was defense. Maybe I'm wrong!

My guess is he'll have a new QB to guide the team so that should be interesting. And personally I definitely think somewhere down the line he'll be a head coach again so his tenure here may be short.

gwallaia
01-23-2007, 06:45 PM
January 23, 2007. Bud Adams is still a pathetic piece of human waste.
(I wish I could rep myself for that brilliant statement)

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 07:08 PM
January 23, 2007. Bud Adams is still a pathetic piece of human waste.
(I wish I could rep myself for that brilliant statement)

Pos rep coming your way. :howdy: although you insulted human waste!

Ole Miss Texan
01-23-2007, 07:15 PM
Don't get me wrong, I like Sherman, just not as our OC. I'd prefer someone that would be more inclined to follow Coach Kubiak's offensive vision, and my concern is that Sherman is more of a leader than a follower. He has his own ideas with regards to how offenses should function, and being a former NFL head coach, it would seem that his experience and ego might hinder his ability to be a follower.

Can you say Kyle Shanahan in a year or two...?

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-23-2007, 07:18 PM
Right now I'm going with the popular choice-- Wade Phillips. It just seems like he fits the bill perfectly: solid 3-4 defensive coordinator, has had success as a head coach, and could teach DeMarcus Ware a few tricks of the trade like he did Shawn Merriam. But my main concern is the age factor-- 59, only a few off from Bill Parcells.

I would love to bring in Jason Garrett as quarterbacks coach for Romo's benefit.

HoustonFan
01-23-2007, 10:50 PM
Well, I woudl imagine the thrashing the Titans took this past season against the Cowboys added to that a bit.

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-24-2007, 01:13 AM
You may hate Bud but he makes good football decisions. He's good at what he does.

gwallaia
01-24-2007, 06:39 PM
You may hate Bud but he makes good football decisions. He's good at what he does.

:shocked idonno:

SheTexan
01-24-2007, 08:05 PM

Thanks "Tack" fan!! I needed a good laugh tonight!! That little statement made me spit ice cream all over my pc!

Silver Oak
01-24-2007, 09:46 PM

He probably won't last too much longer on this earth for you to realize just how out of whack your statement is.

He is scum. Trust an entire city's judgement.