PDA

View Full Version : Owens: Parcells’ retirement ‘was needed’

MightyTExan
01-23-2007, 01:42 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16763968/

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

“I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer,” Owens said. “This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn’t show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level.”

T.O. said that Parcells fostered an unhealthy locker room environment.

“Sometimes change is good,” Owens told the paper. “ I think it was needed.”

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

“Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive,” Owens told the Star-Telegram. “When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can’t move them from their way of thought.”

What a great guy. I want him on my team.

Bert
01-23-2007, 01:56 PM
Owens is just sucking in the reporters. The reporters have been "sucked" as Parcells said earlier in the year. TO is just teasing the press. I still would not want him on my team.

Mr teX
01-23-2007, 02:35 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/16763968/

Terrell Owens says that Bill Parcells' retirement can only be a good thing for the Cowboys, according to a report in the Fort Worth Star-Telegram.

Speaking to the newspaper from Miami, where he is recovering from finger surgery, Owens said his play, and that of the Cowboys, was disappointing in the past season. He said the results are partly attributed to Parcells.

“I am just hoping his retirement brings promise to what the team has to offer,” Owens said. “This past year was a big letdown. On paper we were as good as anybody we played against every week. The end result didn’t show that. Our play was not indicative of what we could have done. What we should have done. Hopefully, the owner will hire a coach to take the team to the next level.”

“Sometimes change is good,” Owens told the paper. “ I think it was needed.”

Owens said Parcells sometimes wouldn't talk to him for weeks, and did not offer and words of encouragement after his accidental overdose.

“Coming into this season and this situation, I wanted to be positive,” Owens told the Star-Telegram. “When I talked to him for the first time we left an impression on each other. I still think he is a great guy. But he is like my grandmother. You love the person, but they are stuck in their old-school ways. You can’t move them from their way of thought.”

What a great guy. I want him on my team.

Shakes head & walks out of thread. :loser

V Man
01-23-2007, 02:41 PM
Are we sure he wasn't talking about himself?

:potkettle:

bah007
01-23-2007, 02:45 PM
The real question is this:

Is T.O. a genius or is he just really this dumb?

Does he do this on purpose because he knows he will get the media going or is he really just this much of a jack*** who only cares about himself?

powerfuldragon
01-23-2007, 03:25 PM
everyone in the U.S. should be allowed to kick, punch, or slap T.O. once.

Please_Evolve
01-23-2007, 03:29 PM
you know i want to say i am suprised but i am not.

The next coach has his hands really full. He to deal with the aftermath of Romo and having to build him back up. I still think the kid has all the tools and intangibles. He has to help out that Oline somehow wether that id drafting or FA. I think the defense wil lbe fine...i think what didn't help and... i am kinda suprised to say this myself but the loss of Greg Ellis hurt them. Not sure about their needs at free safety either...Lewis might want Dallas over Houston.

Then there's Owens. I thought before this year Dallas was the only place he'd go and be productive only because Bill Parcells despite what you might say about him is a guy that is repsected by player and coaches around the league and has a winning history. That's what Kept TO inline this year. I am not so sure the next coach will be so lucky....or he might opt for the Reid Treatment(which i LOVED) and if midseason he becomes a blantant distraction and locker room cancer. Sit him the rest of the year.

Add to all that the late start the Tuna gave them on head coach hunting Season......If Jerry incapacitated himself...JJ might go back Ala Gibbs.

torontooilfan
01-23-2007, 03:49 PM
It disgusts me that there are idiots out there still willing to give that man millions.

WWJD
01-23-2007, 03:50 PM
Jimmy has already said he loves the life he has now and he will not be back.

I suspect Jerry will go after a coordinator on another team such as Rivera or I've even heard Singletary's name mentioned.

I don't think he'll look for a college guy unless it's Stoops who I've heard Jerry has liked for some years.

Jerry has deep pockets. I think he'll spend whatever it takes to get whoever he wants.

StarStruck
01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
I can understand TO's opinion, and especially how it relates to his grandmother's way of doing things. The woman was harsh, and mean as **ll, but he still respected and loved her. However, candid comments aren't appreciated in these types of circumstances, therefore, it is best to stay mum, not for the sake of the truth, but to cover his own behind. This is especially true in TO's situation when he is already carrying a truckload of baggage.

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 04:03 PM
Terrell Owens opens his big mouth and spouts a bunch of nonsense, part XXVI

Wake me up when we've got some new news... :yawn:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-23-2007, 06:22 PM
I'm usually one to defend Terrell, but what he did is just cowardly.

HomeBred_Texan
01-23-2007, 06:50 PM
If TO isn't Raider material, then I don't know who is...

What a low class jerk...

Carr Bombed
01-23-2007, 06:57 PM
TO is a jackass, his dropped passes is probably what cost the Cowboys their NFC East title and a home game in the playoffs.

Texans_Chick
01-23-2007, 07:19 PM
TO is a jackass, his dropped passes is probably what cost the Cowboys their NFC East title and a home game in the playoffs.

You see, the dropped passes were Parcells' fault. Had he held TOs hands some more, he might not have injured his fingers.

Parcells picked out the slippery ball for Romo.

Ongoing war in Iraq. Parcells fault.

HoustonFan
01-23-2007, 09:46 PM
T.O. is bad for anyone's team.

Silver Oak
01-23-2007, 10:07 PM
The real question is this:

Is T.O. a genius or is he just really this dumb?

Based on his history, I lean towards him being dumb.

mexican_texan
01-23-2007, 10:36 PM
I believe Capers is a candidate...but don't tell anyone yet.

Toro
01-23-2007, 11:29 PM

If this isn't the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard, I don't know what is.

Hey TO.......

Paint....

Kettle....

Black.

StarStruck
01-24-2007, 12:39 AM
If this isn't the biggest crock of **** I've ever heard, I don't know what is.

Not really. Remember before Antonio Bryant was traded, he and Parcells had a dispute. He had to be restrained by security and led away from Parcells after throwing some dirty laundry at him during minicamp.

I read that Bryant was a hothead, but nevertheless, all hasn't always been rosy in the locker room.

Ckw
01-24-2007, 12:58 AM
I hate T.O. He's a whiney b****. He does nothing but blame everyone but himself. You mean, he's telling us that a guy with as much success as Parcells is the reason they didn't win a Super Bowl or reach their potential. Look, I don't like the Cowboys but give me a break. T.O. is a moron and I wish someone would just ban him from professional football. He's a disgrace to the game.

Ckw
01-24-2007, 01:01 AM

Please, let me first in line. I know it's not right to kick a man in the junk, but let me be the one to do it. Then we can all listen to the ******* squeal like the b**** he is.

shinerbock_girl
01-24-2007, 03:36 AM
Owens is just sucking in the reporters. The reporters have been "sucked" as Parcells said earlier in the year. TO is just teasing the press. I still would not want him on my team.

And he always finds a way to get into the media...

Showtime100
01-24-2007, 04:45 AM

Can we do this by age, oldest first? I don't think I have enough years left in me if I'm at the back of the line.

TheOgre
01-24-2007, 09:30 AM
T.O. is a publicity hound. That explains a lot of his actions. He HAS to be in the spotlight...even if it is negative.

Texas_Thrill
01-24-2007, 09:25 PM
T.O. is a publicity hound. That explains a lot of his actions. He HAS to be in the spotlight...even if it is negative.

I agree. I'm not sure how someone has not plotted to get him out of the league yet.