PDA

View Full Version : Trade Thought...

TEXANFAN23435
01-22-2007, 10:50 PM
An idea to ponder:

Lovie Smith is pretty commited to Grossman as the Bears QB. Thomas Jones, what can you say, other than Benson is going to be on the bench as long as this guy stays healthy.

I'd say, Griese might enjoy getting an opportunity to start again. Benson will eventually begin to disagree with his position as backup.

Carr has given his all to the franchise and could really benefit from a change, even if the initial stop is not his last. Give him a couple of years to regroup. Davis, although I'm not sure if we can trade him (is he still officially on the roster?), he could be a servicable backup RB for another franchise. I think he lost the respect of his teammates with his injured for the season stance. Lundy, could be a very servicable 3rd down back and be insurance to push this deal.

Bears Get:
QB Carr
RB Davis
RB Lundy

Texans Get:
QB Griese
RB Benson

This trade could work for both franchises. The trade would involve 2 - 1st round picks who didn't quite live up to the hype. We pad the trade by sending 2 RB's who could provide "quite" backups to Jones and might enjoy the winning tradition Smith is establishing. Bears include Griese, who might jump at the chance to start again, even if it is the Texans. Kubiak gets a very decent veteran QB who is familiar with the offense and has had some success running it.

If this was to happen, I'd be very curious to see if Kubes system could get Benson on track. Not to mention the healthy competition this move could create this fall between Dayne and Benson. Griese could provide a stop gap for year or 2 as a new QB is being groomed the right way.

This trade is not just in our favor. Carr could provide very good competition for Grossman and with that OL who knows. Davis, if healthy and Lundy could be very good backups who wouldn't rock the boat and could also benefit from that OL.

LORK 88
01-22-2007, 10:59 PM
The Bears would probably be more interested in moving Jones rather than Benson based on how much they have invested in him and he's younger. Itd be more realistic if it was Carr for Thomas Jones with us maybe getting a 3rd or 4th included.

Carr Bombed
01-22-2007, 11:00 PM
An idea to ponder:

Lovie Smith is pretty commited to Grossman as the Bears QB. Thomas Jones, what can you say, other than Benson is going to be on the bench as long as this guy stays healthy.

I'd say, Griese might enjoy getting an opportunity to start again. Benson will eventually begin to disagree with his position as backup.

Carr has given his all to the franchise and could really benefit from a change, even if the initial stop is not his last. Give him a couple of years to regroup. Davis, although I'm not sure if we can trade him (is he still officially on the roster?), he could be a servicable backup RB for another franchise. I think he lost the respect of his teammates with his injured for the season stance. Lundy, could be a very servicable 3rd down back and be insurance to push this deal.

Bears Get:
QB Carr
RB Davis
RB Lundy

Texans Get:
QB Griese
RB Benson

This trade could work for both franchises. The trade would involve 2 - 1st round picks who didn't quite live up to the hype. We pad the trade by sending 2 RB's who could provide "quite" backups to Jones and might enjoy the winning tradition Smith is establishing. Bears include Griese, who might jump at the chance to start again, even if it is the Texans. Kubiak gets a very decent veteran QB who is familiar with the offense and has had some success running it.

If this was to happen, I'd be very curious to see if Kubes system could get Benson on track. Not to mention the healthy competition this move could create this fall between Dayne and Benson. Griese could provide a stop gap for year or 2 as a new QB is being groomed the right way.

This trade is not just in our favor. Carr could provide very good competition for Grossman and with that OL who knows. Davis, if healthy and Lundy could be very good backups who wouldn't rock the boat and could also benefit from that OL.

theres nothing in it for the Bears if they make this trade so why would they do it.

The Bears just went to the superbowl with Rex at QB and they have a proven Vet backup.

They are also very deep at RB with Benson, who played much better towards the end of the season, why would they trade him for a injured back and another back that couldn't beat out Ron Dayne.

Toro
01-22-2007, 11:10 PM
I've heard worse ideas however I don't know how much value Lundy would have to the Bears, especially when they have the OTHER Adrian Peterson on their roster, who is more or less a more established version of Lundy.

Davis-Williams, as much as I respect the man, is damaged goods. I doubt Chicago'd be too interested in him.

So, broken down, this is Carr for Griese and Benson. I'm not a prognosticator, but I can't see Chicago breaking down the hatches to make that one..

Carr Bombed
01-22-2007, 11:22 PM
a trade that would probably be more doable would be to send

Sage + another player or a late pick to get Bears to part ways with Griese who knows the system and could compete with Carr.

NATHANHALE
01-23-2007, 09:51 AM
a trade that would probably be more doable would be to send

Sage + another player or a late pick to get Bears to part ways with Griese who knows the system and could compete with Carr.

JMO, but I don't like this idea. First, I want to see what Sage can do. Second, I don't think neither Carr or Griese is the answer and would not be an upgrade. Third, as other posters have stated, Carr needs a new home.

A Texan
01-23-2007, 10:35 AM
This trade doesn't make any sense. Why would the Bears trade for 2 RB's when they don't have a need there. Besides I'd rather see Domanick in a Texan uniform than a Bears.

DocBar
01-23-2007, 10:48 AM
Here's an idea...trade Carr to Washington for Portis, trade Portis to Denver for Champ Bailey. Everyone is happy. Throw in draft picks/ PTBNL as needed.:stirpot:

TheOgre
01-23-2007, 11:36 AM
Trade Carr to Washington for a case of beer sent to TheOgre's house every NFL Sunday for the next 10 years. Sounds like a fair trade, right?

rafterticket
01-23-2007, 11:51 AM
David Carr has no trade value. Everyone knows he isn't wanted (again, I'm a Carr fan and I know this). Why would anyone even entertain the Texans about it?

2BCF
01-23-2007, 12:12 PM
David Carr has no trade value. Everyone knows he isn't wanted (again, I'm a Carr fan and I know this). Why would anyone even entertain the Texans about it?

Carr could be a good 2nd or 3rd backup QB somewhere (other than here).
He will never be a starting QB again unless an injury places him there.
When Kubes and Co. took the ball outta Carr's hands for the latter part of the season, that spoke volumes.
Now, let's put these miserable Carr years behind us and move forward, where there is some hope. :texflag:

TexanFanInCC
01-23-2007, 01:07 PM
Bud Lite presents, real men of genuis (real men of geniuuuuus)

today we salute you, mr. proposterous trade suggestor. (Mr. proposterous trade suggestoooooooor!)

TexansTrueFan
01-23-2007, 05:44 PM
hmmm i dont like that trade, I am a huge Domanick fan, but honestly with his health problems i dont see them going for it, AND i wouldnt want to get rid of him or lundy, cause though Dayne did an ok job last year, he's not a permanent solution at RB, I see Davis coming back in next year and picking up right where he left off. I am really undecided about whether we should keep carr our not.

TexansTrueFan
01-23-2007, 05:56 PM
Yeah that trade wont work, Kub wont let Davis go anyways, he sees what potential he has.

Double Barrel
01-23-2007, 06:03 PM
The Bears just went to the superbowl with Rex at QB and they have a proven Vet backup.

Bingo! :superman:

Why would the Bears want to tie up so much money with a backup QB? It just doesn't make sense.