01-21-2007, 11:45 PM
Who was the last team to beat the Indianapolis Colts? :shades:

swisher
01-21-2007, 11:49 PM
Texans baby!!

Texan Asylum
01-21-2007, 11:52 PM
I sure do like our Texans!

Our day will come, and how sweet it'll be!!!

:texflag:

macaronitoni
01-22-2007, 12:13 AM
We would not beat them today if we played them again tomorrow, not with their much improved run defense. But imagine them winning it all, it is pretty sweet to say we beat them. Of course, so did the titans before they really gained much confidence in themselves.

valleytexfan
01-22-2007, 01:41 AM
but we were the last ones to do it...just thought I'd mention it...it's true.:bubble:

Texans Horror
01-22-2007, 08:35 AM
I'm waiting for the interview question that goes like this:

Peyton, think back to that disastrous day when you lost to the Houston Texans. How did that feel, and how did you turn it around since then?

It comes out that way, or Peyton just admitting that losing for the first time ever to the Houston Texans was the low point of this season.

AtheGreat
01-22-2007, 09:15 AM
that thought kept me rooting for the Colts throughout the playoffs.

kbourda
01-22-2007, 09:35 AM
More grasping at straws.............. Oh no.

Hulk75
01-22-2007, 09:51 AM
We would not beat them today if we played them again tomorrow, not with their much improved run defense. But imagine them winning it all, it is pretty sweet to say we beat them. Of course, so did the titans before they really gained much confidence in themselves.

Yea we would, you know why, THE ZONE blocking scheme. All these teams they played run the ball with power with no cut backs, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots. And when you fire gaps and stunt at Power football teams it creates all kinds of messes. BUT with the Zone if a guy passes your face going left and your going right you pass him off to your buddy. So yes doubter we would beat them again.

yourfavoritetexan42
01-22-2007, 10:02 AM
It really is an awesome feeling, but I kind of had a feeling that the Colts defense wasn't that bad, and here is why.

Every season it seems like the colts have talks about going undefeated, and once they lose, they kind of turn it off until playoffs. It is hard to not do that after making the playoffs for the past 5 years, and always being really close. I think their defense kind of coasted until the playoffs, and boy they really turned it on. They are my superbowl pick and I have always rooted for them when playoff time comes around. It will be a lot better feeling beating the superbowl champs twice next season =D.

dat_boy_yec
01-22-2007, 09:24 PM
All I can say is I'M PUMPED FOR NEXT SEASON ALREADY!!! I see the progress our team made this season and an opportunity this off-season to get better. We should be really hoping for a playoff berth next yr. Our division will be one of the top divisions and we should be very much in the mix. Our defense really took shape and only needs a few pieces to put it all together. Our offense searched for an identity and in doing so showed it could do many different things. Next yr. with a solid RB and our o-line being back to full health I really can't wait. A healthy Mario Williams and I just can't... I CANNOT WAIT UNTIL NEXT SEASON.

GOOOOOOOOOOOOOO TEXANS!!!!!!!!!!!

Honoring Earl 34
01-22-2007, 09:31 PM
Yea we would, you know why, THE ZONE blocking scheme. All these teams they played run the ball with power with no cut backs, Chiefs, Ravens, Patriots. And when you fire gaps and stunt at Power football teams it creates all kinds of messes. BUT with the Zone if a guy passes your face going left and your going right you pass him off to your buddy. So yes doubter we would beat them again.

Yeah we would ... 1-9 against them and we're going to kick their butts . I make money off fans like you .

TexansLucky13
01-22-2007, 09:34 PM
Yeah we would ... 1-9 against them and we're going to kick their butts . I make money off fans like you .

I make enemies with fans like you.

:)

Honoring Earl 34
01-22-2007, 10:06 PM
[QUOTE=TexansLucky13;580120]I make enemies with fans like you.

:)[/QUOTE

Fine both games next year I'll take the Colts . Whats your bet .

Being a fan does'nt mean you have to be dumb .

Ole Miss Texan
01-22-2007, 10:13 PM

I'll tell you after FA and the draft. If we don't address CB/FS then its easy...colts all the way. If we pick up a CB or FS or both in the draft/FA I'd say we split with them..

RTP2110
01-22-2007, 10:16 PM

1-9 aside, we did beat them the last time we played them. It's not a stretch to say we would beat them tomorrow. If anything, I'd say he has as much of an argument as you do. A game played 4-5 weeks ago holds more weight than games played 3,4, and 5 years ago.

Honoring Earl 34
01-22-2007, 10:22 PM
[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34;580133]

I'll tell you after FA and the draft. If we don't address CB/FS then its easy...colts all the way. If we pick up a CB or FS or both in the draft/FA I'd say we split with them..

My point was that the Colts made adjustments and held the Chiefs , Ravens , and the Patriots to under 100 yards rushing but the Texans and the so called sorry OL is going to beat them . They changed their defensive stradegy to stunt more and not go all out after the passer every down ... also Bob Sanders is back . So guess what we're back to passing and trying to beat the cover two ... can you say deep and vertical cause we can't .

Ole Miss Texan
01-22-2007, 10:25 PM
[QUOTE=Ole Miss Texan;580138]

My point was that the Colts made adjustments and held the Chiefs , Ravens , and the Patriots to under 100 yards rushing but the Texans and the so called sorry OL is going to beat them . They changed their defensive stradegy to stunt more and not go all out after the passer every down ... also Bob Sanders is back . So guess what we're back to passing and trying to beat the cover two ... can you say deep and vertical cause we can't .

Yea I understand. And i'm saying Peyton Manning didn't lose to us. Their Defense did. So yes their defense is playing a lot better than they were against us. But with the 15minutes? peyton had the ball...he kicked our butts... I see your point and agree but am also stating we will never beat the colts again unless our secondary is vastly improved...and mine as well throw in a little help on the Dline....I'm not even getting to our offense.

Honoring Earl 34
01-22-2007, 10:29 PM
I guess it just humors me that we were 6-10 this year and 1-9 lifetime against the Colts but we hold the key .

Besides Jacksonville is the team that kicked the crap out of the Colts with over 300 yds rushing ... do they run zone blocking ?

Ole Miss Texan
01-22-2007, 10:38 PM
I guess it just humors me that we were 6-10 this year and 1-9 lifetime against the Colts but we hold the key .

Besides Jacksonville is the team that kicked the crap out of the Colts with over 300 yds rushing ... do they run zone blocking ?

haha yea, I'm glad we match up well against the jags. Its funny at the beginning of the season so many people thought we'd sweep the titans easy and maybe split the jags.

Honoring Earl 34
01-22-2007, 10:46 PM
A team that has 6 talent on a scale of 1-10 but plays as a team with energy can be an 8 ... adjust the numbers and you have the Titans .

The Jags have QB issues and to me they are an amazon team .... I think they like being big . Some how they just don't match up or is it they try to play us their own way and it's not working so call it coaches ego .

Second Honeymoon
01-23-2007, 01:16 PM
I make enemies with fans like you.

:)

typical aggie....so dense he can't see the forest through the trees.

cuppacoffee
01-23-2007, 04:33 PM

More grasping at straws.............. Oh no.

[QUOTE=Ole Miss Texan;580138]

[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34;580143]

Yea I understand. And i'm saying Peyton Manning didn't lose to us. Their Defense did. So yes their defense is playing a lot better than they were against us. But with the 15minutes? peyton had the ball...he kicked our butts... I see your point and agree but am also stating we will never beat the colts again unless our secondary is vastly improved...and mine as well throw in a little help on the Dline....I'm not even getting to our offense.

typical aggie....so dense he can't see the forest through the trees.

The official feel better about the Texans thread

Did you people even read the title to this thread. Some fans choose to look for the positives.

Some fans wish to throw cold water on the positive fans.

If you don't feel better about the Texans the "smart thing" to do would have been to bypass the thread and let others have their hopes.

Using your own words.."Being a fan doesn't mean you have to be dumb."

Dumb is trying to hijack a thread. What is so difficult about understanding the meaning "feel better about the Texans."

Carry on "chicken littles".

:coffee:

Meloy
01-23-2007, 05:15 PM
Santa told me I was going to get A Peterson; a QB to train behind Carr, a left tackle that will not be converted to right, a big fast linebacker that can cover and stop the run, a defensive end that will help Mario and Weaver create a 3 way (snicker, he said 3way) to QB. The Tooth Fairy said I will get a free agent corner to balance the defense.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
01-23-2007, 05:17 PM
that thought kept me rooting for the Colts throughout the playoffs.
I'm with you! :marionaner:

TexansTrueFan
01-23-2007, 06:47 PM
Yeah it was a good feeling, i work at a prison, and i was working that day and the prisoners were watching the game, SO WAS I,,,,Shhhhhhh, but it got so crazy in there i thought we were about to have a riot. Them winning was a great feeling for us and i think it did a lot for our team.

imatexan
01-23-2007, 06:52 PM
No but being a fan means you support your team and your not here!

Honoring Earl 34
01-23-2007, 07:01 PM
No but being a fan means you support your team and your not here!

[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34;580133]

How do you know what I do ? You only have 30 post .

Honoring Earl 34
01-23-2007, 07:12 PM
[QUOTE][/QUDid you people even read the title to this thread. Some fans choose to look for the positives.

Some fans wish to throw cold water on the positive fansOTE]

No one highjacked anything ... it's about giving the Colts their due . They made adjustments and did a great job . To say the Texans can beat them is just not being very realistic until we get more consistent .

So it makes me a fan of football who watches games after the Texans have finished their season ... so what .

HoustonFan
01-23-2007, 11:11 PM
Always gotta think positive. Things can only get better for the Texans. They ended the season w/ a win, and hopefully they can build on it next season.

dat_boy_yec
01-24-2007, 10:45 AM
[QUOTE][/QUDid you people even read the title to this thread. Some fans choose to look for the positives.

Some fans wish to throw cold water on the positive fansOTE]

No one highjacked anything ... it's about giving the Colts their due . They made adjustments and did a great job . To say the Texans can beat them is just not being very realistic until we get more consistent .

So it makes me a fan of football who watches games after the Texans have finished their season ... so what .

I don't know what you're looking at, but it was never said we would beat them again. We're just saying we already beat them and that is a great feeling. We beat a Superbowl bound team. It doesn't matter if they crush us this coming season. We beat them this past yr. and they're in the Superbowl. So that speaks volumes of how much we improved. Sure we got a long way to go still, but man with so many other threads around what's the merit of coming to a feelgood one if your gonna be a kill joy?

valleytexfan
01-24-2007, 12:02 PM
[QUOTE=Honoring Earl 34;580921]

I don't know what you're looking at, but it was never said we would beat them again. We're just saying we already beat them and that is a great feeling. We beat a Superbowl bound team. It doesn't matter if they crush us this coming season. We beat them this past yr. and they're in the Superbowl. So that speaks volumes of how much we improved. Sure we got a long way to go still, but man with so many other threads around what's the merit of coming to a feelgood one if your gonna be a kill joy?

Here, here. I just thought it was cool that the last team to defeat the Super Bowl-bound Colts was the Texans...and I felt it was something to feel good about, remembering the win over Indy...

Honoring Earl 34
01-24-2007, 12:29 PM

Somebody read this to me because I think it says , we'd beat them again .

DocBar
01-24-2007, 12:35 PM
Beating the Colts was the 2nd biggest win for us EVER. I can't believe some of you are actually rooting for them. I can't bring myself to EVER pull for a team in our division(or the Oilers old one, either). Caveat: If team in our division can put us in the playoffs by winning. Pulling for Da Bears!!!
:aikido:

Honoring Earl 34
01-24-2007, 12:45 PM
I'm a fan of the game ... I don't care who wins the Super Bowl ( I did pick the Colts before the season ) I want to see a good game . I don't hate teams because their good or that their in our division .

The Colts are a good team that has a couple of years left before they start a decline . Marvin Harrison is showing his age plus you have to pay folks when your good and there's only so much .

The million dollar question is ... will the Texans be ready to take over when the Colts rebuild .

DocBar
01-24-2007, 01:49 PM
I'm a fan of the game ... I don't care who wins the Super Bowl ( I did pick the Colts before the season ) I want to see a good game . I don't hate teams because their good or that their in our division .

The Colts are a good team that has a couple of years left before they start a decline . Marvin Harrison is showing his age plus you have to pay folks when your good and there's only so much .

The million dollar question is ... will the Texans be ready to take over when the Colts rebuild .

I don't HATE the teams in our division. I just hope they NEVER win a game.
:bubble: