PDA

View Full Version : How about this quote?

tsip
01-20-2007, 03:17 PM
"It's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Cameron said.

Wow, that's certainly a foreign thought on this board! Our new HC isn't held accountable until he replaces all the players he inherited with his own personal choices to fit 'whatever.'...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.

Double Barrel
01-20-2007, 03:22 PM
I think Kubiak was given some leeway in his first year for a variety of reasons. But I think the gloves come off in 2007 and fans will expect a much improved product.

Carr Bombed
01-20-2007, 04:05 PM
novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.

and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermaned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason.

AustinJB
01-20-2007, 04:41 PM
...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.

Well, no $***!

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve the talent level on your team by bringing in better players via FA and the draft.:ok:

Grid
01-20-2007, 05:30 PM
I still say we should have hired Macguyver.

He wouldnt need all this fancy shmancy "talent"... he could have won us the superbowl with a handful of ruberbands, a can of hairspray, and Matt Stevens.

Carr Bombed
01-20-2007, 05:46 PM
I still say we should have hired Macguyver.

He wouldnt need all this fancy shmancy "talent"... he could have won us the superbowl with a handful of ruberbands, a can of hairspray, and Matt Stevens.

That is the post of the day :yahoo:

Texans Pride
01-20-2007, 06:20 PM
and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermaned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason.

I think we could lock this thread up and leave it with this post. . . .I don't think you can argue any other way with what Bomb says.

tsip
01-20-2007, 07:47 PM
Well, at least I have some 'fodder' for my 'they told me board!...always love to read that stuff at the end of the season...one of the best lines then is, "no way I said that!"

Yankee_In_TX
01-20-2007, 08:18 PM
Well, at least I have some 'fodder' for my 'they told me board!...always love to read that stuff at the end of the season...one of the best lines then is, "no way I said that!"

That makes no sense.

TheRealJoker
01-20-2007, 08:37 PM
Well, no $***!

But that doesn't mean that you shouldn't try to improve the talent level on your team by bringing in better players via FA and the draft.:ok:

I think every team every year tries to improve their talent level through FA and the draft every year. Are you trying to say Kubiak didn't try doing this?

Grid, not even Macguyver could've won a superbowl with Matt Stevens at safety ;)

Texans Pride
01-20-2007, 09:21 PM
Grid, not even Macguyver could've won a superbowl with Matt Stevens at safety ;)

Man, I wonder what that guys doing now!

Bronco Texan
01-20-2007, 09:45 PM
I honestly think we are an Oline away from contending. Olines can gel within a year lets hope ours does.

tsip
01-20-2007, 11:56 PM
and when didn't Kubiak do that this year. A 4 game improvement, sweeping the Jags and beating the Colts, with a undermanned, injured team, that lacks talent....................is good coaching.

A "chosen one" wasn't just going to walk through the door last year a lead the Texans to the superbowl............6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the off season.

Before Kubiak arrived, many posters were predicting a winning season and possibly even play-offs--too, the board was littered with posters saying we were just 1 or 2 players away from being good...and then, of course, there were the lofty predictions for 'great' #'s by Carr. Finally, posters couldn't wait to see what Kubiak's offense was going to do on the field--good riddance to Joe Pendry.

Then, as the season started and we weren't seeing 'anything' on the field approaching 'super human,' we started posting that Kubiak needed time to get all the players he needed for his system--heck, there was talk of 2 or 3 or more years before 'everything' was in place. "Capers got 4 yrs, why not Gary?"...and, we watched as Kubiak began his 'house cleaning.'

Yes, 6 wins is an improvement. But, in all honesty, most fans expected more. Where was the offense we were expecting? Who really expected Carr to throw less TDs under Kubiak than he did Pendry?

As fans, we're back to grasping for any excuse we can for Kubiak's less than winning season (no, I didn't predict one), so I thought Miami's new HC made an enlightening statement as I quoted above...and talk about challenge! As the article goes on to state, he inherits an aging defense and a struggling offense that the owner expects him to win with--a far cry from the time that Gary is being given to turn our team around...

Honestly, though, I hope Kubiak has learned not to make promises that--for whatever reason--he is unable to keep...Finally, I hope we are not expected to go through that '1 win improvement' from 1 year to the next...

skillz24
01-21-2007, 03:29 AM

yay for intelligence something this board needs more of

tsip
01-21-2007, 07:16 AM

...don't burst the Saints bubble yet, as their 1st time/1st year coach tries to lead them to the SB after going 3-13 last year

trutexan02
01-21-2007, 07:57 AM
...don't burst the Saints bubble yet, as their 1st time/1st year coach tries to lead them to the SB after going 3-13 last year
I am pretty sure Carr Bomb is not alking about the Saints, Bush or Payton.

Yankee_In_TX
01-21-2007, 08:43 AM
Before Kubiak arrived, many posters were predicting a winning season and possibly even play-offs--too, the board was littered with posters saying we were just 1 or 2 players away from being good...and then, of course, there were the lofty predictions for 'great' #'s by Carr. Finally, posters couldn't wait to see what Kubiak's offense was going to do on the field--good riddance to Joe Pendry.

And that's like saying that sports radio callers are nothing but the most intelligent fans.

I mean, didn't we have a post last week about Tagliabue (SP) bribing McNair to pass on Bush so he would revitalize New Orleans?

I think most fans predicted a 6 or 7 win season. Me? 7. And we were about 10 (take your pick) boneheaded mistakes away from having 7 wins if we could get any one of them back, lol.

TEXANRED
01-21-2007, 09:46 AM
Man, I wonder what that guys doing now!

Just last night he asked me if I wanted to super size my fry for a quarter more.

Pantherstang84
01-21-2007, 12:34 PM

Point. BUT...

The Saints got a major upgrade at QB, then Colston came along. The Saint's had players but no coaching before this year.

The Texans had neither.

Napa Auto Parts
01-21-2007, 12:55 PM
I wish cameron the best i was hoping we would get him last year i think he really would made the right decisions. dont get me wrong i like kubiak but he could of done a better job of benching players i guess i was dissapointed during pre season and practices and even the regular season when clearly one player out-performs another player but because of politics in the front office nothing is done about it well not in enough time to save the season we probably could of finnished with a 8-8 otherwise.

tsip
01-21-2007, 01:06 PM
Point. BUT...

The Saints got a major upgrade at QB, then Colston came along. The Saint's had players but no coaching before this year.

The Texans had neither.

People on this board were talking last year about how bad the Saints were--what a difference a year makes! Having Colston would not have helped us because he would have been on the practice squad or cut or never thrown to if he did make the field.

The Saints have also been agressive on offense this year, while the Texans played their 'high school' ball--and, we had our chance to upgrade at QB. Too, the coach they fired had had winning seasons with them...

Arky
01-21-2007, 01:10 PM
Here's (IMO) a good perspective on why the Saints did as well as they did and why the Texans just took a few baby steps:

http://www.houstonprofootball.com/slant/slant77.html

tsip
01-21-2007, 01:18 PM
"6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason."

Entering the offseason, we are totally unsettled on offense with queation marks for almost every position and trying to find a QB that can throw vertically, plus other offensive schemes and an OL.

On defense, we've got to find a pass rush and DB's and LB's.

Special teams need some return people if Mathis is going to be missing again...

We're redoing the coaching staff...did I miss anything? So, where are we headed going into the offseason?

Bronco Texan
01-21-2007, 04:00 PM
"6-10 = improvement and a great start in the right direction heading into the offseason."

Entering the offseason, we are totally unsettled on offense with queation marks for almost every position and trying to find a QB that can throw vertically, plus other offensive schemes and an OL.

We're redoing the coaching staff...did I miss anything? So, where are we headed going into the offseason?

We are making adjustment to hopefully improve our team. Every team makes adjustment every year. Some more than others. I don't think because we are searching for better players and coaches mean we will be starting from square one. I really think we will be fine.

Carr Bombed
01-21-2007, 04:54 PM

Yeah you did miss something, you forgot to mention the sky is falling, chicken little.

Every damn team in this league has coaching changes
Every team in this league faces injury worries
Every team in this league feels they need upgrades at certain positions

Its also funny your talking about needing better players when the whole reason you started this thread was because you felt Kubiak HAD TO WIN WITH AND COACH THE ONES HE HAD.

So again.......We are much better than a year ago, Have a hellava lot less holes than a year ago, are more positioned to win than a year ago, and 6-10 is improvement and at the 8 spot are sitting pretty well heading into the offseason.

cbnjwill
01-21-2007, 05:06 PM
good thing we didnt take bush we sure didnt need to see 88yrd. touchdowns in reliant........ dammmmn that draft will haunt this franchise forever

Pantherstang84
01-21-2007, 05:13 PM
Yeah you did miss something, you forgot to mention the sky is falling, chicken little.

Its also funny your talking about needing better players when the whole reason you started this thread was because you felt Kubiak HAD TO WIN WITH AND COACH THE ONES HE HAD.

So again.......We are much better than a year ago, Have a hellava lot less holes than a year ago, are more positioned to win than a year ago, and 6-10 is improvement and at the 8 spot are sitting pretty well heading into the offseason.

Bravo. Cred coming your way.:thumbup:

tsip
01-21-2007, 05:21 PM

I'll post this on my bulletin board for a reminder during the year that 'everything' is all better because you said so...thanks!...too, you haven't answered a single question yet to back up any of your opinions...what's up with that?

Texans Pride
01-21-2007, 05:44 PM
good thing we didnt take bush we sure didnt need to see 88yrd. touchdowns in reliant........ dammmmn that draft will haunt this franchise forever

Only because some people can't let it go, and continue to marinate in it. :hmmm:

Yankee_In_TX
01-21-2007, 06:43 PM
I'll post this on my bulletin board for a reminder during the year that 'everything' is all better because you said so...thanks!...too, you haven't answered a single question yet to back up any of your opinions...what's up with that?

And all I've seen from you, I think (you haven't been very clear) is that Kubiak sucks? Either that or the entire team and staff sucks. Way to not only have substantive opinions, but to back them up with stats/names/etc. yourself. :sarcasm: :stirpot:

Carr Bombed
01-21-2007, 06:43 PM

The only one who isn't answering questions is you. People that are negative will always find the negative and ignore the positive.

These are the questions...........
Did we fill holes um........yes
Did we find players in last years draft.............yes
Did we improve in wins............um yes

How about you allow Kubiak to have atleast a year with the team to see what players he has, then allow him to have a offseason to work and get rid of players that don't fit his scheme and find some that do..........hell how about you allow the man time to just work in his scheme, before you start threads and call him a failure.........but no, that would make to much sense.

Nope we need to fire Kubiak, because Cam Cameron said he has to "coach the players he has", which is just plain dum da dum coach press talk anyways.

tsip
01-21-2007, 07:26 PM
The only one who isn't answering questions is you. People that are negative will always find the negative and ignore the positive.

These are the questions...........
Did we fill holes um........yes
Did we find players in last years draft.............yes
Did we improve in wins............um yes

How about you allow Kubiak to have atleast a year with the team to see what players he has, then allow him to have a offseason to work and get rid of players that don't fit his scheme and find some that do..........hell how about you allow the man time to just work in his scheme, before you start threads and call him a failure.........but no, that would make to much sense.

Nope we need to fire Kubiak, because Cam Cameron said he has to "coach the players he has", which is just plain dum da dum coach press talk anyways.

...you need to get a grip and quit putting words in my mouth...

However, like a true homer, you talk out of both sides of your mouth and make little sense. Example. Carr wasn't able to throw down field because he had no protection and was pressured all the time and he had no run game and AJ dropped too many passes and the defense was weak. This is what the homer's say in defense of Carr's lack of a vertical passing game in '05, right?

Then posters like you talk about all this improvement last year, so I'm confused. If 'everything' was bad for Carr to do his job, what is the improvement?

Yankee_In_TX
01-21-2007, 07:31 PM
LMAO at this thread.

Carr Bombed
01-21-2007, 07:32 PM
...you need to get a grip and quit putting words in my mouth...

However, like a true homer, you talk out of both sides of your mouth and make little sense. Example. Carr wasn't able to throw down field because he had no protection and was pressured all the time and he had no run game and AJ dropped too many passes and the defense was weak. This is what the homer's say in defense of Carr's lack of a vertical passing game in '05, right?

Then posters like you talk about all this improvement last year, so I'm confused. If 'everything' was bad for Carr to do his job, what is the improvement?

I'm not being a homer, I'm not saying that the Texans are going to win the superbowl next year.

Our line was destroyed with injuries, you fail to mention that and to be quite honest we don't even know what kind of Oline we have, because of injuries. The only person who is talking out of both sides of their mouth is you.

You say Kubiak needs to score points with this crew, but now your talking about how bad our Oline is, QB is, Reciever is, and RBs are. What the hell you want Kubiak to do, go Block, throw, catch, and run........jeesh

improvement is improvement

2-14, 6-10, what do you not get

Mr. White
01-21-2007, 07:35 PM

You're right. There is no improvement. The 6 games that we won last year are worse than the 2 that we won the year before.

tsip
01-21-2007, 07:50 PM
And all I've seen from you, I think (you haven't been very clear) is that Kubiak sucks? Either that or the entire team and staff sucks. Way to not only have substantive opinions, but to back them up with stats/names/etc. yourself. :sarcasm: :stirpot:

...thanks, I won my $20!!!!

Pantherstang84
01-21-2007, 08:39 PM
...thanks, I won my $20!!!!

Congratulations. Spend it wisely.:yawn:

NATHANHALE
01-22-2007, 02:06 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Cameron does with the Dolphins, as even the Saints had 28 new faces this year. His QB situation is unsettled, right? And, the article says hes got an aging defense, thouigh coached by the $3 million dollar man...something to watch.

Is this a new thing Kubiak is doing with 'pairing' up so many position coaches? So far, he's done it with DL,LB,DC, plus Sherman/Kubiak--feedback?

Please_Evolve
01-22-2007, 04:44 PM
It's going to be interesting to see how Cameron does with the Dolphins, as even the Saints had 28 new faces this year. His QB situation is unsettled, right? And, the article says hes got an aging defense, thouigh coached by the $3 million dollar man...something to watch.

Is this a new thing Kubiak is doing with 'pairing' up so many position coaches? So far, he's done it with DL,LB,DC, plus Sherman/Kubiak--feedback?

In all honesty i am not sure he expected Sherman to be back this year. A few of the other coaches are new in Calhoun leaving and getting some people o nthe staff he wanted last year. In Hindsight far as the saints go.

They took a calcualted risk on Brees and it payed off. Reggie dropped to them and already had a pro bowl back in Deuce to ease Reggie into the position...and he's turning out to be quite a receiver. Far as Colston was almsot Mr. Irrellevant in the draft but turns out to be a gem. The Rest of the receiving corps stepped up well and Jamaal Brown went to the Pro-bowl in his FIRST year at LT. I'm nottaking anything away from the saints or Reggie or whomever there. Great year...most of America was cheering for them to do well. They did havea lot of things fall in the right place at the right time.

The Pencil Neck
01-22-2007, 05:57 PM
"It's my job to make this personnel work and find a way to score," Cameron said.

Wow, that's certainly a foreign thought on this board! Our new HC isn't held accountable until he replaces all the players he inherited with his own personal choices to fit 'whatever.'...novel idea, gotta coach the players you got.

Are you implying that Cam Cameron is going to walk in, not make any player moves in the off season, and win a lot of games? Do you think "make this personnel work" doesn't include ditching some guys, bringing in some new guys, and swapping some other guys around?

tsip
01-22-2007, 06:23 PM
Are you implying that Cam Cameron is going to walk in, not make any player moves in the off season, and win a lot of games? Do you think "make this personnel work" doesn't include ditching some guys, bringing in some new guys, and swapping some other guys around?

1) NO
2) sure,there will be changes