PDA

View Full Version : Demeco hometown interview

BamagirlinBR
01-19-2007, 04:31 PM
Found this interview on Meco's site and thought ya'll might enjoy.

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=2106967&version=1&locale=EN-US

Roll Tide and Go Texans from Baton Rouge! :shades:

shinerbock_girl
01-19-2007, 04:53 PM

http://www.myfoxal.com/myfox/MyFox/pages/sidebar_video.jsp?contentId=2106967&version=1&locale=EN-US

Classy guy!!!!!!!!!!!!!

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-19-2007, 04:55 PM
Thank you for posting this.

shinerbock_girl
01-19-2007, 05:04 PM
I hateed they cut it off, i wanted to hear the rest of the interview...

TexanSam
01-19-2007, 05:09 PM
Good interview. Kinda long.

shinerbock_girl
01-19-2007, 05:12 PM
I could listen to Meco all day....lol...

TEXANS84
01-19-2007, 05:24 PM
Great interview, thanks for sharing that with us.

"Biggest hit on a player?"

Demeco-"I hit Leftwich pretty hard. Caught him under the chin. Looked back and he was a little woozy and slow to get up."

texasguy346
01-19-2007, 05:38 PM
Great interview, but the camera guy needs to invest in a tripod.

shinerbock_girl
01-19-2007, 05:53 PM
Great interview, thanks for sharing that with us.

"Biggest hit on a player?"

Demeco-"I hit Leftwich pretty hard. Caught him under the chin. Looked back and he was a little woozy and slow to get up."

I Liked that one too....lol....

the wonger need food
01-19-2007, 06:33 PM
Face of the Franchise

shinerbock_girl
01-19-2007, 06:42 PM
Face of the Franchise

At least we got us a winner....And bring on this year!!!!!!!!!!!!!:marionaner:

swoldier
01-19-2007, 07:08 PM
I would have to say he is my favorite player in a Texan uniform now i have to go out and buy a jersey.....you know what its like trying to find Texans gear out in California? Ill have to make a call and meet someone in a dark alley!!

texanfan2100
01-19-2007, 09:41 PM
I would have to say he is my favorite player in a Texan uniform now i have to go out and buy a jersey.....you know what its like trying to find Texans gear out in California? Ill have to make a call and meet someone in a dark alley!!

They're not easy to find in Houston either. I got mine a couple of months ago, but had to go to the Texans store at the stadium to get it. No one else was carrying it. Don't know if that changed yet.

TheRealJoker
01-19-2007, 11:50 PM
I haven't been able to find DROY jerseys at any of the sporting goods stores in the north Houston area.

Scooter
01-20-2007, 12:12 AM
"i dont just want to be there, i want to be the best".

it's impossible not to love everything about this kid, he's going to be great. finding talent & athleticism is easy ... finding those things with someone as smart and humble and hardworking as demeco is almost impossible. his head is what makes him such a great linebacker. thanks for the link. i wonder where the rest of it is, he went to talking about demeco & mario being together right before it ended.

TNTitan
01-20-2007, 07:14 AM
man, i did a fantasy draft on Madden '07. Ryans is not ranked high at all this year. I'm sure they will bump him up quite a bit next year. He was second LB I looked for but I went elsewhere.

TwinSisters
01-20-2007, 12:09 PM

that was pretty cool. They cut the damn thing off though when it was getting interesting.

staind755
01-20-2007, 01:35 PM
WOW!!!! This guy impresses me more and more everytime I see him. I'm soo glad we have Demeco on this team. Many other NFL players @ the league need to see how he carries himself. Class Act. Number 59

Double Barrel
01-20-2007, 02:23 PM
Great interview. Thanks for posting it! :thumbup

Arky
01-20-2007, 09:14 PM
I liked what someone wrote in another message board. It went something like:

"We (Texans) got the best player in the draft. It just took us till the 2nd round to find him".

Texan in Japan
01-21-2007, 01:34 AM
Ryans is the perfect example of why the scouting and draft processes are as much art as science. It seems too many focus on the science and forget these are humans with hearts and dreams. Demeco should have been a top 10-15pick.

DocBar
01-23-2007, 10:55 AM

You must be one brave person. Tide AND Texans from LSU/Saints country!?!?!?

U4ikrob
01-23-2007, 12:17 PM
Proud Bama and Texans fan here too - I still remember draft day and holding out hope we would trade down and get Demeco in the first. Then watching him slide to the second and us getting him was just a huge blessing we can never be thankful enough for. Honestly I had him ranked 1-2 with AJ Hawk and wondered like most why he dropped. WE were honestly very fortunate and smart to get DeMeco. He has been everything any team could want and more in a player and person and he only has room to grow. I truly hope we can pick up a few more pieces on the Defense this year and turn our D into the strength of our team.

IMO Another draft like last year and we will be turning the corner before you know it on a great season!!

Ole Miss Texan
01-23-2007, 02:29 PM
man, i did a fantasy draft on Madden '07. Ryans is not ranked high at all this year. I'm sure they will bump him up quite a bit next year. He was second LB I looked for but I went elsewhere.

Yea I started a Jets franchise and immediately traded to get DROY. I think the texans rated him as a D+? on the game. I believe I traded houston a 3rd and 4th rounder for him....and he's a 79 overall. after a good year he'll be in the low 80's easy. but he's also an outside linebacker not middle.

I've been wanting to get a Demeco jersey as well. I really don't wear football jerseys much at all but want to get one to wear at home during games and other times. I think I will probably wait untill the draft and see who we get in the 1st rd. But I'm about 90% sure I'll be getting a DROY jersey. I'm leaning toward the authentic one too because I've never seen a replica. I'd rather pay $80 bucks though. I can't decide in RED or BLUE. i'm leaning towards red...it looks good plus you can wear it with jeans or khakis. Is there a Defensive Rookie of the Year patch for sale any wear? that would look nice sewn on the front. He should have made the probowl and that would have been a good patch to put on too....maybe i'll wait to get AFC south champions next year.

He is definitly the leader and heart of our team imo. very smart and level headed. A huge steal in the 2nd round, I just can't believe why it happend...how could it...hope something happens like that this year. Maybe Patrick Willis will have the flu or something during the combine and slip to us. that'd be good. lol