PDA

View Full Version : If we were to trade Carr, what do you think we could get?

gtexan02
01-18-2007, 08:27 AM
In terms of draft picks, or equal compensation?

Silver Oak
01-18-2007, 08:32 AM
This thread should come with a warning attached to it, but I'll still weigh in. :)

If you can't get more than a third round pick for him, why would they trade him? There's a shortage of quality NFL QB's in this league. Take a look around the league at 2nd stringers on other teams and you'll see my point.

Keep DC, bring in competition, and let the best man start. Period.

Vinny
01-18-2007, 08:36 AM
a sack of magic beans?

TheOgre
01-18-2007, 08:37 AM
If you can't get more than a third round pick for him, why would they trade him? There's a shortage of quality NFL QB's in this league. Take a look around the league at 2nd stringers on other teams and you'll see my point.

Sometimes a team can make an addition by subtracting a player. I think Carr is a major distraction at this point. Get your 3rd (my selection) or 4th round selection and move on. It is time to "flip the script".

I hope Carr goes to a team that has an established team that has QB questions. I think he would be best served to end up with a team that has a QB that is iffy (whether by his performance or his injury history). He could go in as a backup, but take over in a pinch. The Giants, Jets, Bears, Vikings, Jaguars and Miami come to mind of the top of my head.

Eyeguy
01-18-2007, 09:44 AM
Trade '07 #8=1500pts, '08 2nd rnd= 500pts and D. Carr to Cle. for '07 #3=2200pts. Texans take Joe Thomas LT Wis. and for 1st time in team history we have a starting franchise LT for the next 10+ years. Cle. gets a new quarterback and they still have a great chance to draft A. Peterson at #8 plus a 2nd rnd next year. Win, Win
I am sick of trying to find a LT each year. Lets do it and get it done with and move on!

Malloy
01-18-2007, 10:06 AM
We would be lucky if someone took over his contract!

HJam72
01-18-2007, 10:27 AM
I went with 6th or 7th pick because there are still stupid GM's around that will waste a pick on this guy. However, those of you saying 3rd rounder are dreaming. No one is THAT stupid. Not even the Raiders.

Well, if Casserly gets a GM job somewhere...

Chicagotexan1
01-18-2007, 11:29 AM
a sack of magic beans?

A sack, what bitter sweet irony. Carr peaked in 2004 and we won't get much for him.

yourfavoritetexan42
01-18-2007, 11:34 AM
Ive looked a lot around hte league and talked to a lot of people...you would be surprised who wants Carr. They see Carr as someone who hasn't been given a chance, but he has a lot of talent.

real
01-18-2007, 11:37 AM
Ive looked a lot around hte league and talked to a lot of people...you would be surprised who wants Carr. They see Carr as someone who hasn't been given a chance, but he has a lot of talent.

Exactly.

I hear a lot of comparisons to the Joey Harrington trade last year, and IMO, Carr isn't viewed the same as Harrington was...

A lot of people think Carr is a good QB playing behind a bad O-line....

El Amigo Invisible
01-18-2007, 11:38 AM

Which teams want him ?

hollywood_texan
01-18-2007, 11:47 AM
Trade '07 #8=1500pts, '08 2nd rnd= 500pts and D. Carr to Cle. for '07 #3=2200pts. Texans take Joe Thomas LT Wis. and for 1st time in team history we have a starting franchise LT for the next 10+ years. Cle. gets a new quarterback and they still have a great chance to draft A. Peterson at #8 plus a 2nd rnd next year. Win, Win
I am sick of trying to find a LT each year. Lets do it and get it done with and move on!

So we get rid of Carr, and at the same time get the pieces that were required for Carr to succeed?

It seems as though if you get Joe Thomas and Adrian Peterson, you keep Carr. Assuming the logic of why Carr hasn't succeeded is valid...

thunderkyss
01-18-2007, 11:53 AM
Exactly.

I hear a lot of comparisons to the Joey Harrington trade last year, and IMO, Carr isn't viewed the same as Harrington was...

A lot of people think Carr is a good QB playing behind a bad O-line....

Then that means people think of us as the TampaBayBucs of the '80s.. or the Detroit Lions, or the Cardinals.... perrenial losers.....

Looks like I'm the only one who voted for Nada, zip, zilch zero....... & that has nothing to do with what others around the league thinks of him, but how it's getting to be painfully obvious how the Texans feel about him.

They'll just wait.... and catch him as a FA without all the baggage.

thunderkyss
01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
So we get rid of Carr, and at the same time get the pieces that were required for Carr to succeed?

It seems as though if you get Joe Thomas and Adrian Peterson, you keep Carr. Assuming the logic of why Carr hasn't succeeded is valid...

uhh....... we wouldn't get Peterson. Cleveland would with the #8 pick we traded them so we could move up to #3 & get JT.

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 12:16 PM
3rd rounder sounds about right. Maybe 2nd if we take on another contract.

hollywood_texan
01-18-2007, 12:33 PM
uhh....... we wouldn't get Peterson. Cleveland would with the #8 pick we traded them so we could move up to #3 & get JT.

Your right, I goofed that one up.

Hottoddie
01-18-2007, 12:42 PM
If we were to trade Carr, I think we'll get a lot of these (????????).

2BCF
01-18-2007, 12:50 PM
We'd be lucky to get a warm bucket of spit.

Hottoddie
01-18-2007, 12:55 PM
We'd be lucky to get a warm bucket of spit.

I'm a little confused. Would it be the bucket that was warm, or the spit? :D

2BCF
01-18-2007, 01:15 PM
I'm a little confused. Would it be the bucket that was warm, or the spit? :D

Ha! Warm bucket. For a bucket of warm spit, Carr would need better numbers. ;)

texans83
01-18-2007, 01:54 PM
I dont know what the hell we should do... We have so many posistions we need to address.

J-Storm
01-19-2007, 06:12 AM
I dont know what the hell we should do... We have so many posistions we need to address.

I actually don't think we are in that bad of condition. We are obv a LT away from decent play offensively, maybe that and 1-2 other guys along that line even if only for depth. On the defensive side, well improving the secondary will help the D-Line, while improving the D-Line would possibly help the secondary, it's a matter of which we feels the most help atm...

As for Carr and the QB position, *sigh* it seems as though it's the trickiest part atm. You're DAMNed if you have an opinion on keeping/trading him and DAMNed if you haven't, so go figure *shrugs*...!

jmlockett
01-19-2007, 11:49 PM
Well being the type of person that really doesnt give a damn what other people think I will put my neck on the line and say dump him to the highest bidder.

I feel that this not only is the best thing for us but also David. He is far enough along to make it elsewhere given that he isn't that gun shy from being hit so many times and hopefully the team that gets him will be developed enough for him to make a difference.

I was against starting a rookie in the beginning because of everything that we eventually went thru. You never sart a new team of any sorts without growing pains.

Its ashame that we cant go back and pick up an old veteran QB for a season or two to help David with the transition when he was a rookie.

So now what do we do? There is nothing that can be done other then wait for either a rookie Qb to come along and learn our system or pick up a FA.

So in conclusion send David packing for his own good and go get some FA doormat that might be able to pass the ball and pray

Koolaid Time
01-20-2007, 12:14 AM
I say if you can get a mid 3rd round for Carr take it and run...

But with DC's paycheck you will have to throw in a draft pick..to make the numbers work out.

Carr and a 4th for Oakland's third.. I'd hit that.

MrMeToo
01-20-2007, 10:37 AM
Carr worth a 1st of 2nd round pick.lol:

texan2061
01-25-2007, 09:54 PM
Nothing, he's damaged goods and no one will want him. If he was playing some where, he'd be nothing more than a back up.

Hervoyel
01-25-2007, 10:04 PM
What? No "Ham Sandwich" option? I'm not voting in this thing.

mexican_texan
01-25-2007, 11:21 PM
A ham sandwich is guaranteed profit. No risk. With Carr, on the other hand, you risk losing millions of ham sandwiches.

TNTitan
01-27-2007, 08:13 AM
no, spam sandwich

A Texan
01-27-2007, 12:29 PM
I didn't vote because I don't think Carr could be traded for draft picks only. The Texans would have to trade him for another player with a high cap hit, someone like Plummer.