PDA

View Full Version : Mike Vick in trouble?

Texans_Chick
01-18-2007, 12:04 AM
Link: Mike Vick Is in Love with Mary Jane (http://nfl.aolsportsblog.com/2007/01/18/michael-vick-is-in-love-with-mary-jane/)

An excerpt can't do it justice.

WTG airport security!

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 01:30 AM
From everyone's favorite rumor mill:

TSA ALLEGES VICK HAD BOTTLE WITH SECRET COMPARTMENT

NBC 6 reports that Falcons quarterback Michael Vick allegedly had in his possession on Wednesday at Miami International Airport a water bottle with a secret compartment. The compartment reportedly "contained a small amount of a dark particulate and officials describe a pungent aroma closely associated with marijuana."

Vick has not been arrested and the substance is being analyzed by police.

Earlier tonight, we received a tip regarding the incident, and we posted a short blurb without naming Vick. A few minutes later, however, we got nervous about the accuracy of the tip and we pulled the story down.

CBS 4 in Miami also has a story regarding the incident.

And CBS 46 in Atlanta has the first word on the matter from the Falcons, who released the following statement: "We understand there have been reports allegedly involving Michael Vick that took place at the Miami International Airport earlier today. We plan to look into the matter and discuss it with Michael before having any further comment."

There's also a more detailed account of the events in the Miami Herald.
Secret compartment in water bottle? That I gotta see.

TexansSeminole
01-18-2007, 01:36 AM
Haha Oh no Mike what are ya doin?! A water bottle with a secret compartment? What? That's some high class smoke shop equipment. Why would you try this in the first place? Crazy Vick.

texasguy346
01-18-2007, 01:59 AM
because he's dumb....perhaps not as dumb as Onterrio Smith and the wizzinator/powdered urine/fake penis incident at the airport...but really dumb to carry illegal drugs into an airport in 2007

On top of all that he's doing so in a water bottle. There was a ban on all liquids being carried aboard an airplane not too long ago, and there were restrictions in place as well. It would seem to me that putting a secret compartment in a water bottle would trigger some suspicions from airport security after the mess over in London.

TexansBull
01-18-2007, 02:45 AM
One of two things are going to happen:

1. The foolishness of wanting this guy on our team by trading DC (not that we shouldnt explore our options) will stop

or

2. People are going to say he is going to be a bargain and we should jump on this after this incident.

ItsAJtime
01-18-2007, 06:29 AM
For all of you hoping for Vick to come here, he was busted lest night at the airport trying to take a bottle on the plane that TSA believes has marijuana in it.

jayjordan
01-18-2007, 06:43 AM
And?

Silver Oak
01-18-2007, 06:56 AM
Yeah....a week and a half ago Vick was the "QB Choice of the Week". That should thankfully die down now.

Stupid, and a bad QB....that's not a good way to go through Life.

hobie
01-18-2007, 07:20 AM
Wonder if Michael has been hanging with Marcus...

Doom Capers
01-18-2007, 07:33 AM
Thank God.

Dr. Toro
01-18-2007, 07:55 AM
because he's dumb....perhaps not as dumb as Onterrio Smith and the wizzinator/powdered urine/fake penis incident at the airport...but really dumb to carry illegal drugs into an airport in 2007

I think it's dumber than Onterrio... the stupidity of some of these guys is unbelievable. I mean, to throw aside any value judgments on smoking, from a mere logistical standpoint, bringing that stuff on a plane in a fake water bottle is ludicrous. Did Vick not see Midnight Express?

Any solutions to the epidemic of criminality and stupidity in the NFL?

Continuing education akin to the rookie seminars? I'm sure if each player had to do 30 HRs community service for every crime their teammate committed, things would get sorted out in the locker room pretty quickly and people might fall in line.

eriadoc
01-18-2007, 08:02 AM
Link, in case anyone wants it ....

http://www.nfl.com/teams/story/ATL/9939005

HJam72
01-18-2007, 08:08 AM
My new theory is that all good QBs are stupid. :)

I'm not sure if Vick counts as good, but he's got extra stupid, so he's in.

HoustonFrog
01-18-2007, 08:10 AM
I think it's dumber than Onterrio... the stupidity of some of these guys is unbelievable. I mean, to throw aside any value judgments on smoking, from a mere logistical standpoint, bringing that stuff on a plane in a fake water bottle is ludicrous. Did Vick not see Midnight Express?

Any solutions to the epidemic of criminality and stupidity in the NFL?

Continuing education akin to the rookie seminars? I'm sure if each player had to do 30 HRs community service for every crime their teammate committed, things would get sorted out in the locker room pretty quickly and people might fall in line.

Yeah I'm trying to figure out how, with their travel schedule, you don't know that water can't go through security...whether you have a secret compartment or not.:crazy:

Sportsfan
01-18-2007, 08:10 AM
Whats wrong w/Mike smoking a little herb?

Sincerely,

Ricky Williams

AtheGreat
01-18-2007, 08:11 AM
yet another reason why he isn't coming here (like i needed more).

real
01-18-2007, 08:11 AM
From everyone's favorite rumor mill:

Secret compartment in water bottle? That I gotta see.

I've seen one...

It's really simple to make, and it's impossible to look at one if you've never seen one before and tell there is something inside of it....And you can actually drink the water...

Txn_in_Oki
01-18-2007, 08:12 AM
It wasn't his. He was holding it for that Mexico guy.

:aikido:

Texans Horror
01-18-2007, 08:17 AM
I can't believe we'd choose Michael. Everybody knows his brother is the true class-act of the family, and just the type of player the Texans need...:joker:

mike moffat
01-18-2007, 08:20 AM
No thanks.

edo783
01-18-2007, 08:22 AM
The two Vick brothers pretty much peg the ol M o ron meter to the max.

Dr. Toro
01-18-2007, 08:26 AM
I personally apologize for every nice thing I've ever said about Vick. He could end up being the Mike Tyson of football, just with criminal stupidity in place of criminal insanity.

Please_Evolve
01-18-2007, 08:28 AM
the real crime here is thinking even before this Mike Vick has a chance in hell of leaving Atlanta.

Maddict5
01-18-2007, 08:46 AM

dumber than onterrio smith imo...smith was an average rb..vick is an icon (undeserved but still)- at least on my madden game he is:tease:

TwinSisters
01-18-2007, 08:49 AM
Most of these guys aren't in the NFL because they are budding engineers....they are in because they were born with the right body and worked hard enough not to screw it up.

I think being a sadomasochist has a lot to do with it too. You play through a lot of pain ... and of course inflict a lot too. All the while, you have to love it or at least enjoy it a little.

Sportsfan
01-18-2007, 09:00 AM
Already posted. http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=34294

nunusguy
01-18-2007, 09:29 AM
I think being a sadomasochist has a lot to do with it too. You play through a lot of pain ... and of course inflict a lot too. All the while, you have to love it or at least enjoy it a little.

Personal experience there TS, or strictly an external observation ?
I dunno, but my modest football background including busting up an elbow (dislocation), which hurt like hell but gave me absolutely no sense of pleasure at all, not even a modest twinge of enjoyment.
And as somebody metioned earlier, these guys didn't have the option of going into the field of rocket science instead of pro sports.
This was about as smart B.Switzer, x Sooner & Cowboys coach, trying to go
thru airport secururity with some heat. Of course penalities for dope tend to be much more serious than possession of firearms.

Blu
01-18-2007, 09:47 AM
He's a dumbass for trying to travel with the ganja.

<loadsbong>

swtbound07
01-18-2007, 10:15 AM
http://i34.photobucket.com/albums/d131/swtbound07/water.jpg

jerek
01-18-2007, 11:54 AM
My question is, why do you need to bring the stuff on the friggin airplane? It's sold in every city in America!

powerfuldragon
01-18-2007, 12:10 PM
http://www.mediatakeout.com/Photos/Mike_Vick/Full.jpg

yeah, that picture shows both a poorly rolled rillo blunt and a possible herpes sore on his face.

Ron Mexico!!

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 12:28 PM
http://www.ronmexico.com/homeimages/RonMexicoIdHitIt.gif

http://home.bak.rr.com/dwonderly/ron.jpg

I got a good one on my home computer...but you get the gist of what I'm saying.

Kaiser Toro
01-18-2007, 12:39 PM
Vick ain't coming to the Texans, not that he ever was, but I need a set up, and Mr. McNair can use these immortal words of wisdom to follow on the concept of Vick coming here:

There's an old saying in Tennessee—I know it's in Texas, probably in Tennessee—that says, fool me once, shame on—shame on you. Fool me—you can't get fooled again.

TXGRL
01-18-2007, 03:22 PM
My new theory is that all good QBs are stupid. :)

I'm not sure if Vick counts as good, but he's got extra stupid, so he's in.

Just read my sig line. Vick isn't a fit here anyway. We don't need that kind of drama.

Ole Miss Texan
01-18-2007, 03:42 PM
I believe he was using the alia Ron Mexico and it was NOT a performance enhancing drug.

TexanSam
01-18-2007, 04:02 PM
You know, I figured theres a line of stupidity athletes can't cross because I thought there is no way any of them could be that dumb, but I guess I'm wrong. Learning a complex playbook. reading defenses, etc...I figured that takes some brains but maybe not. Both Vick brothers idiots. I hope no one says they should get a 2nd chance either, but they've had their chances. Grow up. My 10 year old cousin in more mature than either of them.

ATX
01-18-2007, 04:25 PM
My question is, why do you need to bring the stuff on the friggin airplane? It's sold in every city in America!

I bet it was the good stuff and that's not easy to find if you don't know the right people.

ATX
01-18-2007, 04:27 PM
WTG airport security!

I'm sure America is safer and the planes in the air are safer because Mike Vick doesn't have pot on him. Why congratulate them?

Showtime100
01-18-2007, 04:43 PM
I'm sure America is safer and the planes in the air are safer because Mike Vick doesn't have pot on him. Why congratulate them?

Like they knew before hand what was in there!?!?

axman40
01-18-2007, 04:53 PM
Aha that is why that stoner was checking all the Aquafina bottles at the 7-11!

:tease:

ATX
01-18-2007, 04:55 PM
Like they knew before hand what was in there!?!?

I know that.....it was more of a reference to someone saying WTG airport security.

Hulk75
01-18-2007, 05:00 PM
Maybe it was just one of these, maybe he did not want to give it up cause he was growing his own weed.

http://www.relia.net/~thedane/ecosystem.html

Showtime100
01-18-2007, 05:13 PM
I know that.....it was more of a reference to someone saying WTG airport security.

Cool. I think I skipped over some of it.

ATX
01-18-2007, 05:41 PM
Maybe it was just one of these, maybe he did not want to give it up cause he was growing his own weed.

http://www.relia.net/~thedane/ecosystem.html

Maybe, but probably not when you can have someone grow it for you that doesn't stand to lose what you'd lose by getting busted.

I'm not advocating any illegal activity when i say this, but i've carried pot on planes before and after 9/11. I was just never stupid enough to carry it in a fake water bottle, when they restrict liquid carrying containers.

Honoring Earl 34
01-18-2007, 07:04 PM
I don't get it. Where is the secret compartment?

If we told you where the secret compartment was ... it would'nt be secret .

He needs the shaving cream can from Jurasic Park .