PDA

View Full Version : How depressed where you when...

GP
01-16-2007, 04:06 PM
...you watched the playoff games and realized our team is nowhere NEAR the level of talent, speed, and sheer dominance of ALL the teams we saw play in the playoffs?

I know we beat the Colts and all, that's a good start.

But watching the Colts and Ravens made me realize that our team is sooooooo far behind in the catgories of talent, speed, and sheer dominance.

I could not believe the level of competition that I saw ot there this past two weekends. It was like those teams are in a whole different league than we are.

It actually felt like our team is an NFL Europe team, to be quite honest.

I was just blown away by watching our games all season long....and then watching the playoff games and seeing the utter and complete "night and day" difference.

Kaiser Toro
01-16-2007, 04:18 PM
I really do feel that we are 8 moves/cirumstances away in this particular order to be where there those teams are:
1- Veteran CB in FA
2- Draft Adrian Peterson
3- Spencer has a solid rehab
4- Address Center - FA, Draft or Weary
5- Draft an impact FS in rounds 2-3
6- Sign a new PK and P
7- TJ and Payne return to serviceable form
8- Address LB - Will Wali Rainer be back, go FA or draft?

Marcus
01-16-2007, 04:38 PM
I was just blown away by watching our games all season long....and then watching the playoff games and seeing the utter and complete "night and day" difference.
Do you mean to tell me that the Texans' games were the only NFL games that you watched during the season? Not even any of the Sunday or Monday night games?

No, I wasn't blown away.

joedinkle
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Maybe my view is skewed, but no where near as depressed when Vince Young...in OT... =(

Vinny
01-16-2007, 04:41 PM
Do you mean to tell me that the Texans' games were the only NFL games that you watched during the season? Not even any of the Sunday or Monday night games?

No, I wasn't blown away.lol:yes:

stingray
01-16-2007, 04:51 PM
Yes, we lack in talent, but the NFL has alot of parity. Teams can become very good in a blink of an eye with a couple players. For example, the Rams were 4-12 in the 1998 season. The next year, they found this awesome Qb by mistake and took them to an NFL title. They had several good players but it took one to start the Avalanche. Look at Saints this year. They added Brees, Reggie and Colston, and WALLA!!!! They're pretty good. I'm not saying that this will turn around overnight but at least we don't have to wait a decade.

Vinny
01-16-2007, 05:01 PM
98 was the year Tony Banks finally melted down for the last time on his journey to easy money backing up Carr. In 99 they brought in Marshall Faulk and the rest is history.

yourfavoritetexan42
01-16-2007, 05:20 PM
Wasn't impressed in the NFC...I feel if the texans were in the NFC team we would have been in the playoff hunt till the very end.

Vinny
01-16-2007, 05:26 PM
Wasn't impressed in the NFC...I feel if the texans were in the NFC team we would have been in the playoff hunt till the very end.yeah right.

Grid
01-16-2007, 05:28 PM
Wasn't impressed in the NFC...I feel if the texans were in the NFC team we would have been in the playoff hunt till the very end.

considering our record against the NFC this year..i disagree.

stingray
01-16-2007, 05:32 PM
98 was the year Tony Banks finally melted down for the last time on his journey to easy money backing up Carr. In 99 they brought in Marshall Faulk and the rest is history.

Marshall was the man, but if you watched that team. it was Warner who stirred the pot. He was so unbelivably accurate. He never missed his targets. Now the secondary had to cover all these awesome recievers and Marshall was left open many times.

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 05:42 PM
I think we could - just maybe - have the potential to be a wildcard team that gets blown out in the playoffs for 2007...if we're lucky and play our cards right. I'm not predicting, though, not at this point....

michaelm
01-16-2007, 05:45 PM
Depression is impossible at this point.
I'll be happy when I'm not numb any more.

Maybe after April we Texan fans will be able to feel a little sensation in our Peterson...

t_flare
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM
i'm not depress... just remember 2-14

bad
01-16-2007, 07:15 PM
I think we could - just maybe - have the potential to be a wildcard team that gets blown out in the playoffs for 2007...if we're lucky and play our cards right...
I wasn't depressed until I read the above and realized again the cold hard truth about where our Texans stand in terms of reasonable expectations.

I will accept nothing less than the Lombardi Trophy and one day our time will come, but first we need to reach the point where we can reasonably expect it to happen, lucky or not.

The first step could come during Free Agency.
Then the Draft.
Then the 2007 season and hope for a quick turnaround a la last year's Saints.

Now I'm not depressed anymore.

texansfanquecaneh
01-16-2007, 07:40 PM
I'm not depressed. Look at Jacksonville last year. 12-4 means nothing when you lose 28-3 & get eliminated right away. Plus they didn't even make the playoffs this year.

nunusguy
01-16-2007, 07:43 PM
I really do feel that we are 8 moves/cirumstances away in this particular order to be where there those teams are:
1- Veteran CB in FA
2- Draft Adrian Peterson
6- Sign a new PK and P
I agree. Now all we need to make all those "moves/circimstances" reality is
Merlin the Magician.

OzzO
01-16-2007, 07:54 PM
Nah - I was depressed in the 2005 season, to a point of numbness like our previous coaching staff and GM. 2006 I was optimistic but a realist expecting 8-8 or so.

Watching the playoffs, not depressed - good to see the best of the best make it to the final 4, and not some sub team slip in... and kinda interesting watching some players have a melt down after a loss and others exstatic after a win. Once again optimistic and hopeful the Texans will soon be there and feel we're FINALLY on the right track.

Low Life
01-16-2007, 08:18 PM
I don't believe that we lack in talent except for one or two positions. Honestly. Didn't we cut/release Jabar Gaffney and Billy Miller? I think that they proved to be well equipped for the playoffs when given the ball. I'm really surprised that Derrick Armstrong isn't making us look stupid somewhere else as well. Didn't the Seahawks have a secondary consisting of cousins, uncles and grandparents? We are an athletically talented team. No more or less than the next superbowl champion. I think whats his name is our main problem talent wise. Next season will have to be the proving ground so until then...

ulsaint
01-16-2007, 08:45 PM
I don't believe that we lack in talent except for one or two positions. Honestly. Didn't we cut/release Jabar Gaffney and Billy Miller? I think that they proved to be well equipped for the playoffs when given the ball. I'm really surprised that Derrick Armstrong isn't making us look stupid somewhere else as well. Didn't the Seahawks have a secondary consisting of cousins, uncles and grandparents? We are an athletically talented team. No more or less than the next superbowl champion. I think whats his name is our main problem talent wise. Next season will have to be the proving ground so until then...

Your example just shows the Texans are poor evaluators of talent, not that they have stockpiled so much talent they have to release good players.

The Texans can get all the FAs they want but until they get a QB, it doesn't really matter.

TexansLucky13
01-16-2007, 08:58 PM
I wasn't depressed at all. We are one big FA acquisition and another strong draft away from being playoff contenders.

mexican_texan
01-16-2007, 09:12 PM
We were decimated by injuries while players had to pick up new systems. The 2-14 season plus the excuses I listed left me happy as a turtle.

1- Veteran CB in FA
2- Draft Adrian Peterson
6- Sign a new PK and P
Realistic...I like that.

imatexan
01-16-2007, 09:14 PM
I highly disagree with the original posts...whey were not THAT impressive, just good games.Also look at the saints thats what everyone else was saying about them this point last year. Now look at them!

profan
01-16-2007, 09:17 PM

Being that we went 0-4 against our NFC opponents, I fail to see your point.

the wonger need food
01-16-2007, 09:20 PM
If anything I was encouraged by the games this past weekend. I think we'll be as good as those teams in 2008. Seriously...

TexansBull
01-16-2007, 09:55 PM
...you watched the playoff games and realized our team is nowhere NEAR the level of talent, speed, and sheer dominance of ALL the teams we saw play in the playoffs?

But watching the Colts and Ravens made me realize that our team is sooooooo far behind in the catgories of talent, speed, and sheer dominance.

I could not believe the level of competition that I saw ot there this past two weekends. It was like those teams are in a whole different league than we are.

I was watching the game with my dad and had the same thoughts and feelings.

I, actually, only watched a couple other NFL games besides all the Texans games. After watching the playoffs, we are not a playmaker away, or a qb trade away from the playoffs. We are several NFL calibre football players away from the playoffs. Maybe in those seven we can get a playmaker.

After watching the few playoff games, it was like going from drinking water to emptying a bag of pop rocks in your mouth and washing it down with a 2 liter bottle of coke.

I have come to the conclusion that a good offense gets you to the playoffs, while the defense wins the playoffs.

big sarge
01-16-2007, 10:19 PM

Wow do you think we might be playoff material in the NFL EUROPE???? lol

:hmmm: That might be a thought you know? Play a few teams at our level and win 2 out of 4 to get our confidence back up. lol!!!

Besides take the Colts for instance. You take away the brilliant QB, the solid run game, the outstanding o-line, the decent special teams, Freeny and the overall standard of excellence. Insert a halfway decent run defense and there we are....OH crap I thought I was making a good point...lol

BTW! Does anyone think that the San Diego Chargers might become the new Colts by choking in the playoffs after having stellar years. Lets see. They have a young QB who seems like he is on the right track. They have Barry Sanders brother from another mother at RB. They have a solid o-line. A good defense.....:hmmm: If my calculations are correct they should bow out of the playoffs horridly for the next 3 to 4 years and......

that means they would get rid of LT and we might have a shot at him:yes: :yahoo:

threetoedpete
01-16-2007, 10:54 PM
considering our record against the NFC this year..i disagree.

And yourfavoritetexan42 , you get to live it in spades next season.

threetoedpete
01-16-2007, 10:59 PM
1- Veteran CB in FA
2- Draft Adrian Peterson

6- Sign a new PK and P

Couple of those are close to looking glass stuff. You didn't go through with Alice, but you were close. I just hope you guys are correct about all day. Now that, drafting a bust with an eight...would get me depressed.

TexanFanInCC
01-16-2007, 11:33 PM

i agree with ur take on derrick armstrong. the 2004 training camp, dom capers and staff were raving so much about how this guy catches anything thrown at him, and that he was one of the more athletic recievers on the texans at the time. he never got any touches though, except for in the vikings game of 2004. he had over 100 yards recieving in that game. i think that with a little bit of coaching, he could have been a very good #3 reciever. i think we gave up on him too soon. heck, even derrick lewis. the dude had an incredible preseason this yr....i wish he coulda gotten some action. he coulda stretched the field. defensively, i think we are on the right track. we still need two big pieces....a DT and a FS.....guys with a mean streak. we need some guys with bite....kiinda like a shawn merriman, just with more class.

dbspi
01-16-2007, 11:50 PM
If we had utilized the draft picks the first three years correctly then maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. We were given extra draft picks for being expansion team and we wasted them.

threetoedpete
01-17-2007, 12:32 AM
If we had utilized the draft picks the first three years correctly then maybe we wouldn't be having this discussion right now. We were given extra draft picks for being expansion team and we wasted them.

Unfortunately there was a deficiency in over all tallent in 2002. That and picking poor FA tallent has been fatal. We've been scrambling ever since.

It will be very interesting what this goup does with the DB problem this off season.

SamuraiSword
01-17-2007, 04:08 AM
I felt depressed when the Saints were 3-13 last season and now they are headed to the playoffs.......Why is houston football cursed?????:hairpull:

White Runningback
01-17-2007, 05:32 AM
We're still 2 yrs. away from being a playoff team. Next year will be more of the same with Carr and the incessant excuses and spin. Hopefully, the actually make him compete for the position.

hobie
01-17-2007, 06:47 AM
Not at all. This is a game. It has no bearing on my life, nor does it bring income (legal) to me. It is not a loved one that I won't be able to see again, but a game, so to be deppressed over something we do not play, but watch soley for entertainment, well that's just silly !

cuppacoffee
01-17-2007, 07:45 AM
Not at all. This is a game. It has no bearing on my life, nor does it bring income (legal) to me. It is not a loved one that I won't be able to see again, but a game, so to be deppressed over something we do not play, but watch soley for entertainment, well that's just silly !

Would disgusted be a better description?..:shades:

:coffee:

thunderkyss
01-17-2007, 07:48 AM

hmm...... that's not the way I saw it at all.

Two weeks in a row, I'm watching Jabar Gaffney put up back to back 10 reception games, both for over 100 yards. & these aren't behind the back, diving leap, stretched out amazing catches...... he's wide open. He's most likely the third option at best on every play, but he's wide open, and he's seen.

I also saw Billy Miller stretching the field against Philly.... blocking(looks like he gained a little weight) pretty good, getting down field, and catching the ball.

I saw the Jets in the play offs, I saw Kansas City in the playoffs..... I saw the Giants in the playoffs, & I saw the Cowboys in the playoffs. We are as talented as those teams...... we should've beat all of them save KansasCity(since they weren't on our schedule). If they could make it to the play-offs, then we should be able to.

I understand our coach was new..... & a lot of the reason we didn't win the close games..... the games we should have, was because of coaching decisions...... Buffalo, NYG, Tennessee, Philly...... NYJets...

alot of which, I think, will be fixed in '07.

Think about it, this year, there were 9 & 7 teams in the play-offs, and teams less talented than the Texans were 10-6(NYJets)..... we can make a run for the play-offs in '07.

coachdent
01-17-2007, 11:42 AM

Jabar Gaffney would have been a stronger fourth wide reciever in our mix. But we don't run four wides. Not sure where you would put him at third or second, but AJ, Moulds, Gaffney, Walters is better than putting Alexander in the mix instead.

But Jabar is what he is. He has dropped a bunch of passes. I know he dropped a big TD pass the other week. He gets jammed at the line of scrimmage. Playing with the Pats has renewed and energized him and he is working much harder than he ever did here. If he play with that much passion here, he would still be here. Happy for him that he is doing well.

As said on here before, we are close and improving. If we were in the NFC next year we would be in playoff contention. We are too many players away to compete for a playoff spot next year in the AFC. It will be tough to be sure.

Coach C.
01-17-2007, 11:44 AM
Coach Dent I agree. I always thought Gaffney could be a poor man's Housh if we ran a system similar to Cinci's. He can catch the ball, but he is inconsistent like most Florida wideouts.

AustinJB
01-17-2007, 02:33 PM
But Jabar is what he is. He has dropped a bunch of passes. I know he dropped a big TD pass the other week. He gets jammed at the line of scrimmage. Playing with the Pats has renewed and energized him and he is working much harder than he ever did here. If he play with that much passion here, he would still be here. Happy for him that he is doing well.

I don't necessarily agree w/ that. I think he did play w/ a lot of passion when he first arrived. I believe he did work hard for the most part, but became a little depressed and demotivated b/c things were so bad.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Carr thread, but Gaffney also played w/ passion when he got an opportunity. When AJ was injured, Gaffney put up great numbers b/c that was the only time that he would actually get the ball thrown to him.

thunderkyss
01-17-2007, 02:49 PM
I don't necessarily agree w/ that. I think he did play w/ a lot of passion when he first arrived. I believe he did work hard for the most part, but became a little depressed and demotivated b/c things were so bad.

I'm not trying to turn this into a Carr thread, but Gaffney also played w/ passion when he got an opportunity. When AJ was injured, Gaffney put up great numbers b/c that was the only time that he would actually get the ball thrown to him.

I'm not calling out any names..... unless you want me to, but we saw recievers giving up on routes this year, because they figured they weren't going to get the ball(at least I inferred that was why they didn't continue to run their routes)....

Maddict5
01-17-2007, 03:08 PM

i swear to god i was thinking the exact same thing while i was watching that game...i was quite depressed tbh..we wont be going far in the playoffs for a long time but when we do it will be fun.. the only solace i have is the fact that they're veteran teams and we're pretty young so maybe it wont be as long as i think..but will we ever make manning look bad

edit: after reading the rest of the thread ive a few other points-

a) haven't been impressed that much by the nfc teams...but the 4 afc teams are a different class no doubt..the ravens havea brilliant D and seeing ed reed dominate manning made me want to draft reggie nelson more than previously (not saying hes nearly as good but it showed what an excellent cover safety could do)....the chargers WILL dominate the next few years..imo they were the most talented team in the playoffs and they're young- which they showed by not defeating an inferior opponent(dont get me wrong- NE are great but the chargers have more talent)...alot of the qbs in the playoffs played like DC due to the domination of some of the defences...i think we're 2/3 good off-seasons away from being contenders

GP
01-17-2007, 05:47 PM
hmm...... that's not the way I saw it at all.

Two weeks in a row, I'm watching Jabar Gaffney put up back to back 10 reception games, both for over 100 yards. & these aren't behind the back, diving leap, stretched out amazing catches...... he's wide open. He's most likely the third option at best on every play, but he's wide open, and he's seen.

I also saw Billy Miller stretching the field against Philly.... blocking(looks like he gained a little weight) pretty good, getting down field, and catching the ball.

I saw the Jets in the play offs, I saw Kansas City in the playoffs..... I saw the Giants in the playoffs, & I saw the Cowboys in the playoffs. We are as talented as those teams...... we should've beat all of them save KansasCity(since they weren't on our schedule). If they could make it to the play-offs, then we should be able to.

I understand our coach was new..... & a lot of the reason we didn't win the close games..... the games we should have, was because of coaching decisions...... Buffalo, NYG, Tennessee, Philly...... NYJets...

alot of which, I think, will be fixed in '07.

Think about it, this year, there were 9 & 7 teams in the play-offs, and teams less talented than the Texans were 10-6(NYJets)..... we can make a run for the play-offs in '07.

1. The Jets "played down" to us, lowering their level of performance and STILL were able to beat us. They put forth a stinker of an effort, and still beat us.

2. The Cowboys wiped the stadium floor with us. You've said we're as good as the Cowboys....and I just don't see it, TK. I think you're being overly optimistic right now in terms of trying to say we can hang with the Cowboys. No chance right now. They hammered us, and it wasn't because we had a bad day or something. Talent level is so far above ours it's not even funny.

Erratic Assassin
01-17-2007, 08:24 PM
Didn't we cut/release Jabar Gaffney and Billy Miller? I think that they proved to be well equipped for the playoffs when given the ball.

We have a bad habit of letting guys go without a decent replacement to fill their shoes.

mexican_texan
01-17-2007, 08:27 PM
Moulds, Walter are both better than Gaffney.
Owen Daniels is better than Billy Miller.

AustinJB
01-17-2007, 10:02 PM
Moulds, Walter are both better than Gaffney.
Owen Daniels is better than Billy Miller.

Agreed, the difference is that we don't have a Brady or Brees to throw to either one.:shades:

Ibar_Harry
01-17-2007, 10:14 PM
Agreed, the difference is that we don't have a Brady or Brees to throw to either one.:shades:

You could add perhaps an O-line as well.

What I find amusing about all of these statements is how they seem to be divergent and yet related.

1) People complain about we do not have a solid front 4 that can rush the QB, because we know that is necessary to take the QB out of his game plan.

yet,

2) The Texans have never developed a line that could protect the QB from the onslaught of the defensive 4 from our opponents and Carr is criticized soundly for being the whipping boy of the Texans.

We have had the chicken vs the eqq arguement from day 1 around here concerning this issue. I just find it interesting that we don't seem to be able to develop an intimidating D-line which we know is necessary to get to the QB and everyone knows that is a big defensive fault of the Texans. On the other hand we know the other teams are trying to desimate the QB and yet we really don't do anything to improve the O-line of our team knowing that everyone is going to be trying to knock Carr or any other QB we have on the field out of the game. Again, I just find the logic of all of the arguements to be amusing.

AustinJB
01-17-2007, 10:25 PM
You could add perhaps an O-line as well.......2) The Texans have never developed a line that could protect the QB from the onslaught of the defensive 4 from our opponents and Carr is criticized soundly for being the whipping boy of the Texans....

You know what, I concede that our Oline isn't one of the top 5 Olines in the league by any means. BUT......

to say that all of Carr's problems are b/c of his poor Oline are tiresome and is flat incorrect to most people that watch the games. In the first two years of the franchise, I was in complete agreement that it was all the Oline and I would defend Carr.

However, this year the Oline did at least enough to give Carr decent time to throw the ball. He had enough time to complete a million five yard passes and it wouldn't have taken any additional time to make a good decision and throw the ball a little further down the field.

And, even though it was only one game, it was the same Dline rushing and same Oline blocking when Sage came in. Sage made plays down the field behind the same "horrible" Oline. He was light years ahead of Carr in regards to composure and pocket presence. If there was still a doubt in anyone's minds of who was at fault behind our anemic offense, that game alone SHOULD have shown the truth.

threetoedpete
01-18-2007, 03:42 AM
1. The Jets "played down" to us, lowering their level of performance and STILL were able to beat us. They put forth a stinker of an effort, and still beat us.

2. The Cowboys wiped the stadium floor with us. You've said we're as good as the Cowboys....and I just don't see it, TK. I think you're being overly optimistic right now in terms of trying to say we can hang with the Cowboys. No chance right now. They hammered us, and it wasn't because we had a bad day or something. Talent level is so far above ours it's not even funny.

Agreed: Rep your way. We have many people on this board in denial over this teams over all tallent. All you have to do is go to the poll on the front page and read the predictions of some. We got encouraged by beating the Colts for the first time this season. The truth of the matter they were with out their top two safties and two of their top DTs. Does this mean we're going to split with the colts again in 07 ? Only if we catch them banged up again.
With the loss of Charles Spencer, the offensive line is truly offensive. The QB after being sacked 258 times is a shell shocked mess. We have one good ,not elite mind you, but good corner. We have no free safties on the roster. And at the current time no deffensive tackles. We havn't had a center finish a season in two seasons. We don't know for sure if our reach in the third round last year is a legitamte right tackle. Our outside linebackers are shear dung. And our gaurds and centers blow instead of block. We've got two guys starting at one defensive end that would have a hard time sticking on a legtimate top ten defense. I.E. they are as close to being street free agents as you can get. We've got seven picks and cap space to afford two, maybe... free agents. One top flight and another Marlon Greenwood. This football club is at least two off seasons away from being a consistanly competitvie ball club. IF we don't start losing our free agent stars over the next couple of seasons. I don't know if they are going to purge or what. What i do know is that we are paying the high NFL price of being impatient and not doing things the correct way. Too many bust at too many positions for too long. We truned the corner last draft. But it wasn't the home strech, it was the first corner. We need a suitable replacement for Spencer in a year where they're simply not one out there. In the draft or free agency, the stone cold truth is that for the fifth year in a row, no matter how you want to spin it, the canker that has been on the club since the expansion draft is still going to be there in '07. How all day will help this lack of an o-line particularly the OLT, is beyond my level of comprehension. This year however it isn't out of stupidity or inconvienece...there's just no one there. And this is why boys and girls you pass on the prety skill guys and draft lineman when you get the oportunity. We're going to live it in spades in '07. Enjoy it. One of these years you guys are going to get it. You build a franchise from the inside out. Not the other way around. Be very nice with the top o-lineman out of reach to fix the defense . Build it into a top fifteen unit this year. Except our lumps and get ready for the 08 class. To do other wise is simply repeating the same mistakes of the past. Just a dog on the porch chasing his tail while the NFL world goes slipping on by. Have your all day sucker if you want. I can stand it as long as you can. I guess some on this board are a little more easily pacified than I am.

thunderkyss
01-18-2007, 07:59 AM

1) Bull..... we're as talented as the Jets.

2) We had three turnovers..... put our defense on the short side of the field. Two of those turnovers were by one player...... tak that one player out of the equation, and we are as talented as the Cowboys.

WRs...... TGlenn, TOwens = EMoulds, AJ...... sure, Glenn is faster than Moulds. But I believe they can perform on the same level.

TE.... Owen IMHO would be just as good as Witten if he were a Cowboy.

RB.... Ok..... they got us here.

OL..... Before Romo, ours looked better.

DL.... they've got one guy who can pressure the QB. We've got one guy who can pressure the QB.

CB........ Henry.... good covercorner...... not very fast. Lewis/Faggins in my opinion is about the same. TNewman is very close to being Elite..... Dunta is Very close to being very close to being Elite.

Safety..... Roy Williams hits harder than Glen Earl. But Glen Earl plays as well against the run..... and about as well defending the pass. Pat Watkins though promising.... and still having lots of upside to what kind of player he will be, didn't play any better than CCBrown in 2006.

LB....... Brady James/Akin Ayodele.... Demeco/Greenwood.... we flat out win this one.

the first half of the game was a stalemate... we were actually up by 3?? at the half. In the second half, our playmaker took over, and started giving Dallas the ball in their RedZone. If Dallas would have made those mistakes(which we have seen that they are capable of doing) we'd have wiped the floor with them.

t_flare
01-18-2007, 09:02 AM
if we talk about the Dallas game the main cause for the 2nd half collapse is the running game... i think we couldnt get more than 2 yards a carry. Then Carr had to drop back and the D brought pressure and cause Carr to have problems..

TheOgre
01-18-2007, 09:56 AM
I was depressed after our 2-14 season. We had only 2-3 players (AJ, Robinson, Mathis) that most teams would covet. We were basically starting over as an expansion team (it is scary to think that 2004 was "the good ole days").

This year we improved to 6-10, the second best record in club history. We finally beat the Colts. We swept one of our most hated teams, the Jags. And, FINALLY, we had a solid draft. DeMeco, Mario, Daniels, and the two OT's should be part of this team for a while. Moulds (used our 5th rounder) is a good veteran presence for the offense. Lundy contributed as a rookie too.

I think Kubiak is taking this team in the right direction. I'm looking forward to this offseason and next season. I expect us to have our first non-losing season in 2007.

thunderkyss
01-18-2007, 11:43 AM
if we talk about the Dallas game the main cause for the 2nd half collapse is the running game... i think we couldnt get more than 2 yards a carry. Then Carr had to drop back and the D brought pressure and cause Carr to have problems..

I guess you could say that.... except that we were up 6-3 at the half, even though Dallas had their running game going.

& at no time in that game was David under any pressure. We gave up no sacks, & off the top of my head, I can't remember any hurries or hits.

The first INT..... I give David the pass... that was a very athletic play by Bradie James, and an even more athletic catch by Greg Ellis.

The second INT..... he stared AJ down....

Edell Sheppard's fumble... I won't blame that one on Carr, but it led to Dallas points.

But, regardless who's fault it was..... that we lost that game, Dallas is not a more talented team than we are.

The only people who would thing they are, would be cowpoke fans, and Texans Homers looking for an excuse as to why we lost, and why we continue to lose.