PDA

View Full Version : Trading Carr a Possibility

Westside
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
790 just reported that the Texans FO are willing to trade Carr...stay tuned

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-15-2007, 06:34 PM
Just heard the same thing. Bob McNair said he would not interfere if the coaching staff decided to trade David Carr and that he would agree with whatever decision they came up with.

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 06:35 PM
hmmmmm....interesting.... :hmmm: if true

rockabilly
01-15-2007, 06:39 PM
VERY interesting. Isn't so hard to imagine someone else at QB for the Texans? It's needed no doubt, but it is a little strange. I wonder who will be the starter next year.

D-ReK
01-15-2007, 06:42 PM
VERY interesting. Isn't so hard to imagine someone else at QB for the Texans? It's needed no doubt, but it is a little strange. I wonder who will be the starter next year.

http://images.tsn.ca/images/stories/20060122/plummer_74221.jpg

AustinJB
01-15-2007, 06:45 PM
790 just reported that the Texans FO are willing to trade Carr...stay tuned

OMG...if only we could get the Raiders 2nd & 4th round picks for Carr.:marionaner: Maybe they would go for it. Al Davis does prefer previously failed veteran QBs to try to mold into something great...nevermind the whole overplayed California thing.

Please, please, please **crosses fingers** please, please, please....

C'mon make it happen Smith.:yahoo:

Hey back off!! I can dream can't I?!:hides:

The Dream
01-15-2007, 06:46 PM
NO to Plummer....question though, who in the hell would want Sub-Par???

Ryan
01-15-2007, 06:48 PM

a coaching staff that likes completion percentage and qb rating

yourfavoritetexan42
01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
I hope we don't just give him away... we need at least something in return, and when I say something I am not saying a backup, or a 5th round pick.

By the way everyone... do not be surprised when Carr flourishes somewhere else.

The Dream
01-15-2007, 06:51 PM

We won't be surprised, because it won't happen....

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 06:51 PM
This would be good. I would take a 3rd or 4th easily. Let's just get it done and start back on the road to recovery.

hot pickle
01-15-2007, 06:52 PM
I hope we don't just give him away... we need at least something in return, and when I say something I am not saying a backup, or a 5th round pick.

david carr and a 3rd rounder for tatum bell
????

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM

Agree, but I'll tell you what will happen. A vet or someone else will come in, do well and because they know how to function in a less than perfect situation you will hear people say, "only if Carr had this line, etc" when in reality it is the QB making plays.

DarkNinja
01-15-2007, 06:53 PM
Oh my....does this means I'm right again?? McNair had something to do with the draft from the start. This is another reason we didn't get VY or RB whom later contributed to successful teams and will be a problem later for us... Ha, Ha, Ha....the whole NFL laughs again at Houston. And finally this why we are all sitting at home watching what McNair passed up make the NFC championship......thanks Bob you are real un-proven business man once again.....Keep up the good work!!:marionaner:

TexanSam
01-15-2007, 06:54 PM
Joey Harrington was traded for a 6th round pick last year to the Dolphins. We probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th. I would take Jake Plummer. He's a better option than Carr and he had success with Kubiak. I don't think it's coincidence that after Kubiak left Denver, they weren't as successful on offense this year.

K.D.
01-15-2007, 06:56 PM
I don't think anyone will be suprised if carr suceeds somewhere else. I really do like carr, but it's time for a change of scenery with him. Carr has all the tools to be a successful qb, but the sad part about it is it will never happen in a TEXANS uniform. I would wish him all the success and actually root for whatever team he goes to, but it is time for us to move on.

dirty steve
01-15-2007, 06:57 PM
david carr and a 3rd rounder for tatum bell
????
no way. you could get a player of bell's ilk in the 3rd anyway and denver isnt going to pay 7 mil for a guy to backup cutler. they might as well keep plummer.

DarkNinja
01-15-2007, 06:58 PM
OMG...if only we could get the Raiders 2nd & 4th round picks for Carr.:marionaner: Maybe they would go for it. Al Davis does prefer previously failed veteran QBs to try to mold into something great...nevermind the whole overplayed California thing.

Please, please, please **crosses fingers** please, please, please....

C'mon make it happen Smith.:yahoo:

Hey back off!! I can dream can't I?!:hides:

Hey, lets have a "Send A Used Carr Back to California Party".......Yeeaaahhh!!:snobord:

yourfavoritetexan42
01-15-2007, 07:00 PM
Joey Harrington was traded for a 6th round pick last year to the Dolphins. We probably wouldn't get much more than a 4th. I would take Jake Plummer. He's a better option than Carr and he had success with Kubiak. I don't think it's coincidence that after Kubiak left Denver, they weren't as successful on offense this year.

Why would we bring in a qb who threw more interceptions in 8 games then carr did in 16?

Texanfan4ever
01-15-2007, 07:06 PM

I guess it's impossible that that could happen. Hmn.....Drew Breese comes to mind. Or hey, not a QB, but how about Gaffney and the Patriots? Best thing that ever happened to him to be let out of here. He might be playing in a Super Bowl, he was so horrid.

Some of this is just simply amazing. Bob McNair not being a business man? Geez....

Texanfan4ever
01-15-2007, 07:07 PM
Hey, lets have a "Send A Used Carr Back to California Party".......Yeeaaahhh!!:snobord:

How old are you???

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 07:08 PM
I guess it's impossible that that could happen. Hmn.....Drew Breese comes to mind. Or hey, not a QB, but how about Gaffney and the Patriots? Best thing that ever happened to him to be let out of here. He might be playing in a Super Bowl, he was so horrid.

Some of this is just simply amazing. Bob McNair not being a business man? Geez....

Drew Brees was a playoff QB who won games and was successful.

dtran04
01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
There's a reason why the Chargers got Philip Rivers. Brees wasn't exactly lighting it up and was getting run out of town. Funny what a little extra pressure and motivation can do.

TexanFan881
01-15-2007, 07:14 PM
I don't know if I want to see Carr gone...I was not happy with Carr's performance but if we bring, let's say, Jake Plummer in (not that I like him), I'd like to see Plummer, Carr, and Rosenfels duke it out for starting QB. Unless we are going out and going to sign Damon Huard or Jeff Garcia, I don't want to see Carr gone because then there is no insurance that we will have a half-way decent QB. I still believe Carr has more potential. I'd be happy with a second round pick, but anything less is a no deal for me.

DarkNinja
01-15-2007, 07:15 PM

Don't you think dumb Bob would have made enough money to pay off the team and stadium if he made a better draft choice. Look at the profits, jerseys, and sold out tickets alone on the Titans....:tease:

dirty steve
01-15-2007, 07:18 PM
Don't you think dumb Bob would have made enough money to pay off the team and stadium if he made a better draft choice. Look at the profits, jerseys, and sold out tickets alone on the Titans....:tease:
you should thank Mr. McNair for being so dumb as to giving us something to even talk about.

Texans Pride
01-15-2007, 07:19 PM
I am on hold with 790 right now. . . I'm going to ask them to elaborate a bit more on the Carr trade if possible.

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2007, 07:20 PM
you should thank Mr. McNair for being so dumb as to giving us something to even talk about.

I wish I was as dumb as Bob .

ATX
01-15-2007, 07:21 PM
They also said, forgot if it was 790 or 610, that we would know alot more in 2-3 weeks.

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
When the Texans come out and say something like this ... it would seem like there's no turning back .

AustinJB
01-15-2007, 07:26 PM
Why would we bring in a qb who threw more interceptions in 8 games then carr did in 16?

This is a silly statement IMO.

While you don't want a QB who throws a lot of INTs, you also don't want a QB who has no poise, pocket presence, or ever takes a chance to try to make a play.

A lot of other QBs threw more INTs this season than Carr.....But what ELSE did that QB do and what did they mean to their team. THAT is the question.

Using your logic we could say that Carr is a better QB than Jon Kitna, Brett Favre, Chad Pennington, Matt Hasselbeck, Brad Johnson, Carson Palmer and even Tony Romo b/c they all threw more INTs this season than Carr. Sorry, but the INT count just doesn't tell the whole story.

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 07:27 PM
There's a reason why the Chargers got Philip Rivers. Brees wasn't exactly lighting it up and was getting run out of town. Funny what a little extra pressure and motivation can do.

Are you kidding? Rivers sat the bench because they thought Brees wasn't doing much but his last two years he had very good seasons and took them to the playoffs. He only left when they decided they would start Rivers because he had the shoulder surgery. In 2004 and 2005 , however he was one of the top QBs out there. He was 2004 comeback player of the year and 2005 Pro Bowler.

Texans Pride
01-15-2007, 07:27 PM
When the Texans come out and say something like this ... it would seem like there's no turning back .

I agree, if they are willing to come out and say this much, it doesn't seem like they can come back and say, "nahhh, just kidding, you're still our guy!"

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 07:28 PM

Me, too.......all the way to the bank

dirty steve
01-15-2007, 07:32 PM
i'm talking about the fact that McNair was as unintelligent as to get us a team, and in turn, give us this to debate.

Bubbajwp
01-15-2007, 07:36 PM
i'm talking about the fact that McNair was as unintelligent as to get us a team, and in turn, give us this to debate.

I think this is what he was trying to say.

I wish I was as dumb as Mr McNair. AKA a Millionare

houtxcoog
01-15-2007, 07:39 PM

Texanfan4ever is full of excuses and obscure stats - your just spinning your wheels arguing with him...

Texans Pride
01-15-2007, 07:44 PM
Ok, so I asked 790 if any teams had been identified yet and what we could possibly get for Carr and then answer was: No teams identified yet, and we probably aren't going to hear much, but if he were traded, we probably couldn't get anymore than a 3rd rounder for him.

I'd take a 3rd round pick.

Toro
01-15-2007, 07:48 PM
Ok, so I asked 790 if any teams had been identified yet and what we could possibly get for Carr and then answer was: No teams identified yet, and we probably aren't going to hear much, but if he were traded, we probably couldn't get anymore than a 3rd rounder for him.

If they get even THAT for him, it's a shrewd move by the front office.

I can see a 4th or 5th rounder for him, not much higher though.

Johnny Utah
01-15-2007, 07:50 PM

I can only see the Texans getting a 3rd round pick for Carr if another team hires Casserly as their GM.

TexanFanInCC
01-15-2007, 07:51 PM

you mean sub-carr? :shades:

you know what, ive never put too much stock in QB's coming out of the west coast offense in college (carr for example)...but everyone seems to think that colt brennan is potentially a very good NFL qb. can someone who believes that enlighten me...i really dont know much about him and i havent seen in him action. im still pulling for kolb...a texas guy (houston favorite) who would definitely be a popular guy in houston but who i think has the tools to potentially be a solid NFL qb. theres always at least one unknown that becomes a diamond in the rough, and if theres someone capable of being that, i think its kolb.

Tulip
01-15-2007, 07:54 PM

Thanks. I heard the news bit on the way home, but I'm already inside with no radio now.

If Rick Smith can get a 3rd rounder for David Carr, he'd be the anti-Casserly for sure.

Mr. White
01-15-2007, 07:59 PM

Yeah...you know he's gotta be thinking "What are they gonna be saying on the Texans' message board?"

Kinda funny how the Carr homer were talking about how great of an owner McNair was when he was defending Carr. Now he's unintelligent to let the guys he hired actually do their jobs. :ok:

houtxcoog
01-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Yeah...you know he's gotta be thinking "What are they gonna be saying on the Texans' message board?"

Kinda funny how the Carr homer were talking about how great of an owner McNair was when he was defending Carr. Now he's unintelligent to let the guys he hired actually do their jobs. :ok:

I cant wait for Texanfan4ever's response to this...

Kaiser Toro
01-15-2007, 08:05 PM
Es posible?

El sol brilla in el cielo! Viva Smith! Viva Kubiak! :mario:

Second Honeymoon
01-15-2007, 08:07 PM
No way in hell is Carr traded for anything other than another overpaid underachieving/troubled player ala Ricky Williams or Randy Moss. No one will trade for what they can get for free after the June salary cap casualty date. If they get a 4th round pick for Carr then Smith should be the instant NFL Executive of the Year. I wish it would happen but it just isnt happening. His contract is TRADE PROHIBITIVE unless we receive another underachieving huge contract player in return. Basically a 'my overpaid garbage for your overpaid garbage' type of deal.

I love what we are starting to hear out of the powers that be though. Finally some realism and accountability....FOR ONCE

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2007, 08:23 PM

I know but Bob started Co-Gen Technoligies which he sold to I believe Enron .

Anyway 1.5 billion later he's rich and buys the rights to a football team ... if thats dumb I want to fall down the dumb ass tree and hit every branch .

Honoring Earl 34
01-15-2007, 08:28 PM
Es posible?

El sol brilla in el cielo! Viva Smith! Viva Kubiak! :mario:

You're speaking in Spanish so Hulk won't know what saying are'nt you ?

Kaiser Toro
01-15-2007, 08:39 PM
You're speaking in Spanish so Hulk won't know what saying are'nt you ?

Palabra

Mr. B
01-15-2007, 08:39 PM
Well has anyone heard anything official for the Texans ?

Could be this is just some more bull#%$& from 790 and 610. When something solid comes out from the actual Texans then I will give it some thought of possibility. Until then its just Charlie P. and the boys hatin and hopeing.

B

Tulip
01-15-2007, 08:42 PM
Well has anyone heard anything official for the Texans ?

Could be this is just some more bull#%$& from 790 and 610. When something solid comes out from the actual Texans then I will give it some thought of possibility. Until then its just Charlie P. and the boys hatin and hopeing.

B

It was on 790's newsflash (or whatever it's called).

texan767
01-15-2007, 08:46 PM
you mean sub-carr? :shades:

you know what, ive never put too much stock in QB's coming out of the west coast offense in college (carr for example)...but everyone seems to think that colt brennan is potentially a very good NFL qb. can someone who believes that enlighten me...i really dont know much about him and i havent seen in him action. im still pulling for kolb...a texas guy (houston favorite) who would definitely be a popular guy in houston but who i think has the tools to potentially be a solid NFL qb. theres always at least one unknown that becomes a diamond in the rough, and if theres someone capable of being that, i think its kolb.

You mean like Andre Ware or David Klingler?

imatexan
01-15-2007, 09:23 PM
Im glad there at least open to the idea, it seemed like for a while Bob wouldnt let go of his little Carr.

Heath Shuler
01-15-2007, 09:24 PM

That’s a chance I am more than willing to take. I’ll roll those dice every time.

Carr’s time as the starting QB in Houston has come and gone. He has come no where near to meeting expectations.

DomDavis
01-15-2007, 09:40 PM

Too bad that jersey sales and other profits are distributed evenly among all 32 NFL teams regardless of how much you sell, and every game in Texans franchise history has sold out. Otherwise that would be a really accurate post.

edo783
01-15-2007, 09:49 PM
Could the team be dribbling stuff like this into the media to get Carr to re-negotiate his contract?

Kaiser Toro
01-15-2007, 09:51 PM
Could the team be dribbling stuff like this into the media to get Carr to re-negotiate his contract?

Then he instantly would be the best value on the market to be the Texans QB next year, in my opinion.

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 09:51 PM
I agree with HE34. If the team is floating this info, then Carr's days are numbered with this franchise.

Imagine...if this happens...every thread about David Carr will be relegated to the NFL forum... :secret:

TEXANFAN23435
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
You know, it seems like the entire team was spared the finger pointing this season because they were implementing and learning Kubiak's system. I guess Carr was the only one expected to rise above the others, even though he was again stuck with a below average line and no running game.

So, let's trade him. Can someone please give me some insight as to which QB, starter or backup, would like to come in here and play behind this line?
Are there any difference makers even available? Any ideas on who you would draft that could come in and make an impact?

I say stick with Carr one more season. If the OL is addressed, our running game arrives in Game 1 instead of Game 13 and the defense decides to shut some teams down, then yes! even David Carr could QB a team like this.

Overalls
01-15-2007, 10:15 PM
Too bad that jersey sales and other profits are distributed evenly among all 32 NFL teams regardless of how much you sell, and every game in Texans franchise history has sold out. Otherwise that would be a really accurate post.

Darn you beat me to it. How many more tickets can you sell than a sellout.

MorKnolle
01-15-2007, 10:27 PM

I doubt Carr is going to restructure and I doubt they would be pressuring him to just 1 year into the contract that they gave him. You don't generally try to get players to change a contract around that quickly into the deal, just as they would expect players to not be whining about getting a pay increase one year into a new deal that they had just agreed to. Professional sports use contracts and players and teams alike generally expect each other to honor those contacts that they agree to and not change things around too much. When players do restructure deals it is usually to rearrange or delay payments in order to help the team afford more/better players, not significantly reduce the income that they are set to receive.

If anything I think they are throwing this out there to somewhat get the media and maybe some of the local fans off their backs a bit regarding the constant questioning about Carr. I haven't heard an interview in the last several months that wasn't at least half about David Carr, how they evaluate his performance, what they are thinking about his future, if they're willing/looking to trade him, etc. My personal favorite was when Carr was asked in his end of season open locker room interview what he thought it would feel like to be trade. What kind of response do these reporters expect to get from these kinds of questions and do they expect the team and players to actually want to grant them interviews in the future? Anyways, that's a different story. Of course they are willing to trade him if the right price came along and they may even be actively shopping him to see what kind of deals they can get for him, but even if that is the case it does not at all mean that they are going to end up trading him, even if they do find some interested parties.

TexanSam
01-15-2007, 10:32 PM
Here's just a list of teams that I would assume at least have some interest in acquiring Carr:

Minnesota- Brad Johnson won't be back and I dunno if Tarvaris Jackson is ready to start for them.
Washington- I'm assuming Jason Campbell is the starter. Carr could be a decent backup for them.
Green Bay- If Brett Favre isn't coming back, maybe they'll have Aaron Rodgers and Carr battle for the starting spot. Not sure if I would want 2 Jeff Tedford coached QB's on the team if I were the Packers though.
Detroit-Backup to Jon Kitna if they don't take a QB. Even if they do.
Atlanta- If they lose Matt Schaub to FA, then maybe they sign Carr. That's the only way I would see it happen
Tampa Bay- Carr would be the backup to Simms. He and Gradkowski could battle for #2 on the depth chart.
Miami- If Culpepper isn't going to be the same, they may want more insurance if Harrington is going to be the starter. Unless they think Cleo Lemon is the answer. Heh...Carr and Harrington on the same team. That'd be something.
Cleveland-If they don't draft a QB, he could compete for the starting job with Charlie Frye.
Denver- Jake Plummer leaves. Carr becomes Cutler's backup. He would have some knowledge of the offense, even if he didn't play well in it.
Oakland- If they don't draft a QB, Carr could compete with Walter and Brooks for the starting job.

TexanFan881
01-15-2007, 10:55 PM
If we trade away Carr, I'd like to see us make a bold move and trade for Billy Volek. He hasn't done anything for the Chargers since they traded for him and they probably just traded for him for insurance incase Rivers didn't work out. But he did. So maybe we can get Volek for cheap?

DoCRoN
01-15-2007, 11:16 PM
If we trade away Carr, I'd like to see us make a bold move and trade for Billy Volek. He hasn't done anything for the Chargers since they traded for him and they probably just traded for him for insurance incase Rivers didn't work out. But he did. So maybe we can get Volek for cheap?

The Titans seemed eager to get rid of him & from what I remember, he was being an arse about the situation there (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=43&screen=news&news_id=52254)... Is his talent or attitude that's keeping him as a backup QB?

If it's the latter, I couldn't see this organization wanting that problem...

GanadoUHCoog
01-15-2007, 11:34 PM
like I've already said...we will trade David Carr for a 4th rd pick

Hervoyel
01-15-2007, 11:52 PM
Imagine...if this happens...every thread about David Carr will be relegated to the NFL forum... :secret:

Just the thought of that is giving me a full on robot chubby

Incidentally I'd like to see him in Miami. I don't really care what effect he would have on the team or anything, I just think it would be funny if he and Harrington ended up together.

Texans Pride
01-15-2007, 11:56 PM

Wow, just the mere thought of this gives me goose bumps!

Ibar_Harry
01-16-2007, 12:15 AM
I think its very likely that Carr will announce his retirement if the Texans want to trade him or allow himself to be cut. I think David will look at his son, what his brother is doing, and say may be there is a message out there. He has been beaten to death from day 1 and taken one heck of a lot of abuse. Everytime he was knocked down he got up to continue the fight. On a number of occassions he stayed in the game when he probably shouldn't have. Sometimes he was immediately blasted for a turnover.

I said early on last year before contract renewal and VY that Carr should move on, because the atmosphere in Houston was just going to be plain nasty for him. Even though McNair and others thought they could get through they could not and the Houston fans were not about to take no for an answer. Carr could take the team to the SB and he would still be a hated in Houston. As I have said on a number of occassions, its a bad marriage and reconsiliation is impossible. Its really time for him to move on to greener pastures where ever they may be.

If you looked at in from Carr's prospective you would be looking for the following:

a) A team with an O-line that is committed to pass blocking

b) A team with Receivers who know how to get separation and can catch the ball

c) A team with a running game to help take the load off the QB and O-line when necessary

and

d) a coach who wants to employ a passing attack or a coach who wants a vetern QB to go with a strong defensive unit.

The teams I think that will be in the hunt will be the following:

a) The Steelers
b) The Redskins
c) The Jaguars
d) The Raiders
e) The Cowboys
f) The Seahawks
g) The Bears.

I think you can forget teams like the Vikings and the Browns. I think Carr will want a chance at proving his worth or say its time to hang them up. The only way there is a chance for Houston to get anything is if there is battle for his services.

Dunta_23
01-16-2007, 12:16 AM
I could actually see DC playing in Detroit and succeeding in that offense for some reason...Martz has a really good offense, uses the RB's alot and alot of moderate to deep routes, which im sure if DC was coached to throw, that hed succeed with them...

edo783
01-16-2007, 12:26 AM
I doubt Carr is going to restructure and I doubt they would be pressuring him to just 1 year into the contract that they gave him. You don't generally try to get players to change a contract around that quickly into the deal, just as they would expect players to not be whining about getting a pay increase one year into a new deal that they had just agreed to. Professional sports use contracts and players and teams alike generally expect each other to honor those contacts that they agree to and not change things around too much. When players do restructure deals it is usually to rearrange or delay payments in order to help the team afford more/better players, not significantly reduce the income that they are set to receive.

If anything I think they are throwing this out there to somewhat get the media and maybe some of the local fans off their backs a bit regarding the constant questioning about Carr. I haven't heard an interview in the last several months that wasn't at least half about David Carr, how they evaluate his performance, what they are thinking about his future, if they're willing/looking to trade him, etc. My personal favorite was when Carr was asked in his end of season open locker room interview what he thought it would feel like to be trade. What kind of response do these reporters expect to get from these kinds of questions and do they expect the team and players to actually want to grant them interviews in the future? Anyways, that's a different story. Of course they are willing to trade him if the right price came along and they may even be actively shopping him to see what kind of deals they can get for him, but even if that is the case it does not at all mean that they are going to end up trading him, even if they do find some interested parties.

I really wasn't thinking they would do it just to do, but rather I think they might be considering how to open more cap and restructures are a way. Pure conjecture and weggie board stuff on my part, but maybe they asked him, he balked, so they float some rumors to put a little pressure on him. Also, they might be testing the level of intrest waters. How knows at this point, just fun to make stuff up.

Aztequila
01-16-2007, 12:39 AM

Might be the best thing for Carr. I'm sure if he is traded, he will flourish, that is, unless he goes to the Raiders. We might be kicking ourselves in the ass next year as I don't know of anyone that would be able to come in and do better.

dbspi
01-16-2007, 12:52 AM

Carr is not good enough to get us anything else. We will get similar deal to what Miami gave for Joey Harrington maybe slightly better then that.

Fact is he didn't work out for us, I care less if he flourishes some where else.

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 01:25 AM
I'm sure if he is traded, he will flourish...

I have seen this comment several times in this thread, and I really don't understand the logic behind it.

If Carr is traded or cut, he is going to be on the cheap where ever he lands outside of the Texans. With that, if doesn't produce quickly, teams will bench him or move on because they won't have a lot invested in him. Carr would probably get about 3 to 4 games to prove himself if can won the starting position. He isn't going to be lock on starting where ever goes because he will be on the cheap.

Carr stays with the Texans, he probably has another full season to prove himself. He won't have that luxury on another team.

2BCF
01-16-2007, 01:54 AM
Carr is not good enough to get us anything else. We will get similar deal to what Miami gave for Joey Harrington maybe slightly better then that.

Fact is he didn't work out for us, I care less if he flourishes some where else.

werd.:cool:

CoachJim
01-16-2007, 07:54 AM
... I just think it would be funny if he and Harrington ended up together.

Damn near some perverted justice to that IMHFO ... :goodbad:

TexanSam
01-16-2007, 07:55 AM
If Carr is traded or cut, he is going to be on the cheap where ever he lands outside of the Texans. With that, if doesn't produce quickly, teams will bench him or move on because they won't have a lot invested in him. Carr would probably get about 3 to 4 games to prove himself if can won the starting position. He isn't going to be lock on starting where ever goes because he will be on the cheap.

Carr stays with the Texans, he probably has another full season to prove himself. He won't have that luxury on another team.

I don't think he'll get the chance to produce quickly. If we do trade him, I'm guessing it will be too a team that is either a contender or on the brink of becoming one. He'll only be a backup is my guess. I don't think a bad team is going to give up a draft pick for him when they have needs of there own. I could see a Detroit or an Oakland trading for him, but I think it's more realistic that he goes to a Denver or Dallas (if Bledsoe retires) or any other team that has a shot at winning.

eric138
01-16-2007, 08:01 AM
Let me just say that Carr was building a house in Sienna Plantation (duh) and all construction has been stopped. All trades were told to stop work immediately. This happened on Friday.

NATHANHALE
01-16-2007, 08:16 AM
Just the thought of that is giving me a full on robot chubby

Incidentally I'd like to see him in Miami. I don't really care what effect he would have on the team or anything, I just think it would be funny if he and Harrington ended up together.

...too, you got Capers (with his new $3mil contract) there coaching the defense--Carr would have a friend to go to for advice!!!

Maddict5
01-16-2007, 08:17 AM
I think its very likely that Carr will announce his retirement if the Texans want to trade him or allow himself to be cut. .

???
lmao

Second Honeymoon
01-16-2007, 08:23 AM
I think its very likely that Carr will announce his retirement if the Texans want to trade him or allow himself to be cut. I think David will look at his son, what his brother is doing, and say may be there is a message out there. He has been beaten to death from day 1 and taken one heck of a lot of abuse. Everytime he was knocked down he got up to continue the fight. On a number of occassions he stayed in the game when he probably shouldn't have. Sometimes he was immediately blasted for a turnover.

I said early on last year before contract renewal and VY that Carr should move on, because the atmosphere in Houston was just going to be plain nasty for him. Even though McNair and others thought they could get through they could not and the Houston fans were not about to take no for an answer. Carr could take the team to the SB and he would still be a hated in Houston. As I have said on a number of occassions, its a bad marriage and reconsiliation is impossible. Its really time for him to move on to greener pastures where ever they may be.

If you looked at in from Carr's prospective you would be looking for the following:

c) A team with a running game to help take the load off the QB and O-line when necessary

and

d) a coach who wants to employ a passing attack or a coach who wants a vetern QB to go with a strong defensive unit.

The teams I think that will be in the hunt will be the following:

a) The Steelers
b) The Redskins
c) The Jaguars
d) The Raiders
e) The Cowboys
f) The Seahawks
g) The Bears.

I think you can forget teams like the Vikings and the Browns. I think Carr will want a chance at proving his worth or say its time to hang them up. The only way there is a chance for Houston to get anything is if there is battle for his services.

stop making excuses and please update your tired tired avatar.

carr sucks and no one is going to give us anything in a trade. deal with it, he sucks.

Second Honeymoon
01-16-2007, 08:25 AM
Let me just say that Carr was building a house in Sienna Plantation (duh) and all construction has been stopped. All trades were told to stop work immediately. This happened on Friday.

kick freaking arse....that is all I need to hear

get rid of this loser and we can't start having real football in this city again..not powderpuff junk like Carr has been bringing us

he can take his tired 'aww shucks' act and his stupid freaking hair and get the hell out of our city...and dont let the door hit him in his arse

Johnny Utah
01-16-2007, 08:42 AM
a) The Steelers
b) The Redskins
c) The Jaguars
d) The Raiders
e) The Cowboys
f) The Seahawks
g) The Bears.

Roethlisberger, Romo, Hasselbeck, and maybe Grossman are all better then Carr. Are you saying he'll go to another team to be their #2 QB?

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 09:42 AM

and

Dear Lord, why don't you just add

e) someone to cut his hair before and after every practice

f) a plastic bubble that allows him to run around and not get hit

g) refs that force defenses to run around the line thus making a perfect pocket for him.

Don't you get it?No one has all of those things, not even Tom Brady. That is why there are players who can step up and lead and win with less and others who need the "perfect situiation" to succeed. Why not just call Ryan Leaf up and give him the list above...lol

texan767
01-16-2007, 09:53 AM
Dumbest
Ever

Hulk75
01-16-2007, 09:58 AM

g) refs that force defenses to run around the line thus making a perfect pocket for him.

Don't you get it?No one has all of those things, not even Tom Brady. That is why there are players who can step up and lead and win with less and others who need the "perfect situiation" to succeed. Why not just call Ryan Leaf up and give him the list above...lol

Are you comparing our team to the Patriots?

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 10:00 AM

Terry Bradshaw caught more hell than David Carr could ever imagine . In fact Terry would'nt talk to Chuck Noll and was very bitter toward the Steelers .

Actually David has had it pretty easy if you know some history of the NFL.

Hulk75
01-16-2007, 10:07 AM
Terry Bradshaw caught more hell than David Carr could ever imagine . In fact Terry would'nt talk to Chuck Noll and was very bitter toward the Steelers .

Actually David has had it pretty easy if you know some history of the NFL.

David Carr has had it pretty easy.

Now that is a quote, WoW.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 10:10 AM
Dumbest
Ever

Where?

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
As far as the fan base and getting five years .... he's had it pretty good .

I've known guys who were killed on their job making a heck of a lot less money doing jobs that most folks would'nt even consider ... so yes outside the fish bowl 3/4 of the city would gladly trade with him .

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 10:13 AM
Are you comparing our team to the Patriots?

No, but if you read what the quoted post said, it lines up like...great line, great receivers that can get separation, great back, coach that will stick him in the perfect offense. I said Brady doesn't even have all those things. Most great to even good QBs don't. Sometimes they have to take it upon themselves. Sorry but how is Carr going to succeed when he can't even learn the two basics tenents of playing QB in 5 years...a) get rid of the ball when your outside the pocket and b) don't eye rape your receivers before throwing to them. 5 years.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 10:15 AM
As far as the fan base and getting five years .... he's had it pretty good .

I've known guys who were killed on their job making a heck of a lot less money doing jobs that most folks would'nt even consider ... so yes outside the fish bowl 3/4 of the city would gladly trade with him .

Exactly. Guys like Couch and others that were top draft picks are out of the league for having similar stats and games yet people here have been chanting "one more year" for too many years. It isn't like people think he is a bad person, he and the team would just be better off apart.

the wonger need food
01-16-2007, 10:48 AM

I wonder what Hulk has to say about this???

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
Carr could take the team to the SB and he would still be a hated in Houston.

whoah, easy there, big fella'. I'm not one to gloss Houston fans or overlook the fairweather nature of this city's fanbase, but that statement is a bit overboard. I have little doubt that Carr would be a hero in this city if he won a championship here.

Vinny
01-16-2007, 11:58 AM
Carr could take the team to the SB and he would still be a hated in Houston.

whoah, easy there, big fella'. I'm not one to gloss Houston fans or overlook the fairweather nature of this city's fanbase, but that statement is a bit overboard. I have little doubt that Carr would be a hero in this city if he won a championship here.whoah, easy there, big fella'. I'm not one to gloss Houston fans or overlook the fairweather nature of this city's fanbase, but that statement is a bit overboard. I have little doubt that Carr would be a hero in this city if he won a championship here.We don't like Carr because of his failures on the field....nothing else. Most real Texans fans think highly of Carr as a person...and nothing will change that. All these Fresno fans aren't Texans fans....they are Carr fans and I'm sick of all of them bashing our fans because we are frustrated in a bad QB.

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 12:17 PM

He pretty much has 95% of that, nevertheless it isn't an excuse for carr.

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 12:22 PM
[QUOTE=Vinny;574644]We don't like Carr because of his failures on the field....nothing else.

That's a bit nieve don't you think Vinny? Heck you could scroll up a couple of pages in this very thread & someone is talking about this guy's hair & him thinking he's too cute for football or whatever. Bottom line if this team was winning, not necessarily superbowls, but just winning games fans Might not be so critical of him............ but you never know in houston, or texas for that matter after the beating Romo took for that botched snap.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 12:27 PM
He pretty much has 95% of that, nevertheless it isn't an excuse for carr.

You mean the scrub receivers that he basically had never worked with before and no real TE that has stepped up. That was what I was alluding to. No one has the perfect set up. But you got the point.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 12:32 PM
[QUOTE=Vinny;574644]We don't like Carr because of his failures on the field....nothing else.

That's a bit nieve don't you think Vinny? Heck you could scroll up a couple of pages in this very thread & someone is talking about this guy's hair & him thinking he's too cute for football or whatever. Bottom line if this team was winning, not necessarily superbowls, but just winning games fans Might not be so critical of him............ but you never know in houston, or texas for that matter after the beating Romo took for that botched snap.

Here is the funny part. I grew up in Ft. Worth and have explained here that I'm a Cowboy fan that moved here in 1993 and have always been a Houston fan on the side. I don't know many, personally, that are ripping Romo that badly. The national media is making it a big deal but most I know are blaming him but not necessarily making him the worlds worst goat. You are right, if Carr won it would be different but the fact of the matter is he doesn't and on top of that he still makes alot of the same mistakes he made Day 1 and it has been 5 years. Why are we so heck bent on holding onto a guy who isn't cutting it when other teams cut top guys and revamp every year. People are critical because people are tired of excuses. It is a league of parity, free agency and teams turning things around in a year. We will never have the perfect team for him. Since he can't adapt and learn, he needs to move on.

Vinny
01-16-2007, 12:39 PM
That's a bit nieve don't you think Vinny? Heck you could scroll up a couple of pages in this very thread & someone is talking about this guy's hair & him thinking he's too cute for football or whatever. I'm not sure what nieve means but I'm not naive...I said MOST real fans think highly of Carr....since when did every single blow hard become every Texans fan or most Texans fans or a majority of Texans fans? Those cheap shot fans are in the minority.We don't like Carr because of his failures on the field....nothing else. Most real Texans fans think highly of Carr as a person

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 12:42 PM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;574669][B]

Here is the funny part. I grew up in Ft. Worth and have explained here that I'm a Cowboy fan that moved here in 1993 and have always been a Houston fan on the side. I don't know many, personally, that are ripping Romo that badly. The national media is making it a big deal but most I know are blaming him but not necessarily making him the worlds worst goat. You are right, if Carr won it would be different but the fact of the matter is he doesn't and on top of that he still makes alot of the same mistakes he made Day 1 and it has been 5 years. Why are we so heck bent on holding onto a guy who isn't cutting it when other teams cut top guys and revamp every year. People are critical because people are tired of excuses. It is a league of parity, free agency and teams turning things around in a year. We will never have the perfect team for him. Since he can't adapt and learn, he needs to move on.

Hey, i agree with you on Carr needing to go elsewhere & the whole 5 year thing, maybe for different reasons but i agree. but i'm a guy that looks at total team production, (after all this is a team sport right), & there are posters on here who post like if DC wasn't here we'd have been in line for a superbowl push. I know, they more than likely don't mean to convey that, but how about we get an actual fully functional team 1st before we throw the baby out with the bath water. The funny thing is, most of these fans also acknowledge that we've had an O-line problem for the last five years, yet think that if we got rid of him, His predecessor & the team would be a whole lot better.

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 12:52 PM
I'm not sure what nieve means but I'm not naive...I said MOST real fans think highly of Carr....since when did every single blow hard become every Texans fan or most Texans fans or a majority of Texans fans? Those cheap shot fans are in the minority.

about the bolded you said "as a person", which i agree with you on that part & i also get where you're coming from. Just being a pest:yes:

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 01:30 PM
Hey, i agree with you on Carr needing to go elsewhere & the whole 5 year thing, maybe for different reasons but i agree. but i'm a guy that looks at total team production, (after all this is a team sport right), & there are posters on here who post like if DC wasn't here we'd have been in line for a superbowl push. I know, they more than likely don't mean to convey that, but how about we get an actual fully functional team 1st before we throw the baby out with the bath water. The funny thing is, most of these fans also acknowledge that we've had an O-line problem for the last five years, yet think that if we got rid of him, His predecessor & the team would be a whole lot better.

You are going a little too far, I don't see anyone saying if Carr wasn't around, the Texans would be making a Super Bowl push. If anything, Carr is more problematic of all the personnel decisions made in the first 4 drafts and free agency moves. How could the previous front office and head coach be so inept and yet have Carr nailed as a Franchise QB?

The problems don't start and end with Carr when it comes to making a playoff push for the Texans, but he is definitely an important piece to the entire issue.

Outside of stats and what you see directly, the QB's most important thing to do is making everyone around them better, not the other way around.

Granted, Carr has not had the best talent in the league around him, but there are 32 teams, and couple that with free agency and 5 year rookie contracts, no one is going to have stacked talent.

IMO, if they keep Carr, the have to get a top tier Left Tackle in the free agency market and get another top guy for the offensive line. Meanwhile, they also have to get a stud running back (and I am not talking about the Denver Bronco process of finding a diamond in the rust, or whatever). Basically, in year 6 Carr needs to have everything around him or your going to have the same excuses, and people are going to think the organization is run by a bunch of idiots because they can't complement one of their most expensive players since year 1.

Get rid of Carr, you don't have to worry about signing all that money for the offensive line and RB. Just keep building the team as planned. Carr had his shot and that's it.

ArlingtonTexan
01-16-2007, 01:47 PM
You are going a little too far, I don't see anyone saying if Carr wasn't around, the Texans would be making a Super Bowl push. If anything, Carr is more problematic of all the personnel decisions made in the first 4 drafts and free agency moves. How could the previous front office and head coach be so inept and yet have Carr nailed as a Franchise QB?

The problems don't start and end with Carr when it comes to making a playoff push for the Texans, but he is definitely an important piece to the entire issue.

Outside of stats and what you see directly, the QB's most important thing to do is making everyone around them better, not the other way around.

Granted, Carr has not had the best talent in the league around him, but there are 32 teams, and couple that with free agency and 5 year rookie contracts, no one is going to have stacked talent.

IMO, if they keep Carr, the have to get a top tier Left Tackle in the free agency market and get another top guy for the offensive line. Meanwhile, they also have to get a stud running back (and I am not talking about the Denver Bronco process of finding a diamond in the rust, or whatever). Basically, in year 6 Carr needs to have everything around him or your going to have the same excuses, and people are going to think the organization is run by a bunch of idiots because they can't complement one of their most expensive players since year 1.

Get rid of Carr, you don't have to worry about signing all that money for the offensive line and RB. Just keep building the team as planned. Carr had his shot and that's it.

Good posting, not because I agree with every word, but because it went beyond poor David/Carr sucks rhetoric.

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 01:52 PM

Read closely my friend, I also stated right underneath that "more than likely, they don't mean to convey that........" & I base that off the assumption that they might have a shred of common sense to know that we have many other "glaring" serious problems that would prevent us from a serious suberbowl push. But like i said, in the same breath, they'll acknowledge that our O-line has been subpar & we don't have a very good defense & whatnot.

And as far as the bolded, Some fans on here & the National media already think that the organization is run by idiots b/c we passed on RB. Heck you have someone on here with a "fire Mcnair Club" avatar. And don't even get me started on the VY thing. With all the hype surrounding this guy & ( & understandably so) all this other gibberish, is Superbowl push really going too far when you had a guy who hadn't even played a down in the NFL being dubbed as "MJ in cleats"?

I guess it's b/c i post here & listen to alot of Sports radio (610, 790 etc.)
& the exact same topics come up, but believe me these "blow hards" might be in the minority, but they aren't by very much when it comes to the subject of DC.

Nighthawk
01-16-2007, 02:06 PM

If you put "everything" around him as you suggest, Carr is still going to 60% suck, which will lose you 4 or 5 games next year via bad decisions, bad passes, sacks taken, interceptions, etc.

Let's just move him wherever possible and start over.

And to the ***** who said he was tired of hearing about Vince Young: How do you think the people who KNEW VY was going to be terrific feel that you and all the other "football minds" here (and in the front office) last year went on and on about how he hadn't played a down, he wasn't going to do THAT in the NFL, the linebackers in the NFL were big & fast, etc. etc. etc.

Young has proven all of you people really are "football minds" so you should shut up about it and eat your crow.

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 02:13 PM
At this stage of the game i think it's best for both party's to go in a different direction . It gives the fan base a new direction and Carr a new start .

The fact that some say Houston is so bad to its atheletes is funny .
I've seen pro atheletes around town often and you know something nobody messes with them ... which is something Charles Barkley said . Couple that with no sales tax and one of the biggest bang for the buck for housing and you got a good place to play .

old football fan
01-16-2007, 02:20 PM
Well I can see all the Carr haters are on there periods again. At the right price anyone on the Texans would be traded, so this little rumor is nothing more than business as usual. And for the record I don't fully support Carr nor do I make it my lifes passion to hate him. As for you Fire McNair people, I didn't see you step up and bring an NFL team here to Houston. If you don't like the team, it's players or owner the please leave and root for some other team. I for one am tried of hearing all your baby whinning.

real
01-16-2007, 02:28 PM
At the right price anyone on the Texans would be traded, so this little rumor is nothing more than business as usual.

This is a little more than business as usual...On the radio yesterday it was reported that the possibility of trading Carr had increase significantly since the teams internal evaluation meetings...

In the past there was no way we would trade Carr, but the orginization has pretty much said they would be shopping him this off-season...

AustinJB
01-16-2007, 02:38 PM
This is a little more than business as usual...On the radio yesterday it was reported that the possibility of trading Carr had increase significantly since the teams internal evaluation meetings...

In the past there was no way we would trade Carr, but the orginization has pretty much said they would be shopping him this off-season...

I tend to agree. Last yr it was "Carr is our starting QB, deal w/ it". Now it is "we are willing to trade Carr".

How can anyone not see the difference?

MightyTExan
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
Haven't heard any talk of trading AJ or Dunta or DeMeco......................

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 03:23 PM
Well I can see all the Carr haters are on there periods again. At the right price anyone on the Texans would be traded, so this little rumor is nothing more than business as usual. And for the record I don't fully support Carr nor do I make it my lifes passion to hate him. As for you Fire McNair people, I didn't see you step up and bring an NFL team here to Houston. If you don't like the team, it's players or owner the please leave and root for some other team. I for one am tried of hearing all your baby whinning.

Why is it OK for you to whine about us whining . I see your age you must be menopausal ... getting hot flashes are you ?

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 03:28 PM

Honestly, reading alot of the posts, I don't see the "hatred" as you call it, of Carr. I've always been objective and open about the guy. However the pendulum has greatly gone the other way and people are exaggerating what he can do and what we need. I've said it 50 times but I'll keep saying it because it is the way the REAL NFL works. The league is made up of 32 teams that all have salary cap issues, Free Agents, injuries, etc and the league is one of parity. I keep hearing..if only Carr had a line or a RB or a TE or the perfect set of WRs. Guess what?He never will. If every team waited for that in order to give their QB a chance then Ryan Leaf would still be in the league and so would Couch and others. I mean Couch was #1, new team, problems with coaches, etc and that guy is gone and not playing now.

For 5 years I've tried to look at the situation and look for little things. Basics that a QB should improve upon. Carr is still lacking in those areas. He still crawls into the fetal position while running outside the pocket instead of flipping it out of bounds and saving us 3 yards. He still stares down receivers. He still refuses to look off short routes in order to go deep..even for a split second. I've never said Rosenfels was the answer but I found it funny in his extended playing time he was able to slide in the pocket and do the above things.

People are done with Carr. The reality is, at this time, he will always get booed and there is always going to be drama. He seems like a good guy, so splitting ways would seem to give us a chance to move forward and let him get into a situation to start clean. Hopefully both can come out ahead. As it is right now, people won't be satisfied until we put him in a super, protective bubble or ship him out. No one "hates" him, they are just tired of excuses for a franchise that is floundering to find their way.

Mr. White
01-16-2007, 03:34 PM

Carr just didn't improve enough. Most of the "Carr haters" are nothing more than Texans fans without agendas. The average Texans fan just happens to be ready for a change.

This was supposed to be Carr's year to remove all the doubts...and it just didn't happen.

Porky
01-16-2007, 03:37 PM
I don't know if he can be traded unless he agrees to restructure his contract. Maybe Al Davis is just senile enough to do it. Trade for Carr and draft Joe Thomas?

AustinJB
01-16-2007, 03:39 PM
Honestly, reading alot of the posts, I don't see the "hatred" as you call it, of Carr. I've always been objective and open about the guy. However the pendulum has greatly gone the other way and people are exaggerating what he can do and what we need. I've said it 50 times but I'll keep saying it because it is the way the REAL NFL works. The league is made up of 32 teams that all have salary cap issues, Free Agents, injuries, etc and the league is one of parity. I keep hearing..if only Carr had a line or a RB or a TE or the perfect set of WRs. Guess what?He never will. If every team waited for that in order to give their QB a chance then Ryan Leaf would still be in the league and so would Couch and others. I mean Couch was #1, new team, problems with coaches, etc and that guy is gone and not playing now.

For 5 years I've tried to look at the situation and look for little things. Basics that a QB should improve upon. Carr is still lacking in those areas. He still crawls into the fetal position while running outside the pocket instead of flipping it out of bounds and saving us 3 yards. He still stares down receivers. He still refuses to look off short routes in order to go deep..even for a split second. I've never said Rosenfels was the answer but I found it funny in his extended playing time he was able to slide in the pocket and do the above things.

People are done with Carr. The reality is, at this time, he will always get booed and there is always going to be drama. He seems like a good guy, so splitting ways would seem to give us a chance to move forward and let him get into a situation to start clean. Hopefully both can come out ahead. As it is right now, people won't be satisfied until we put him in a super, protective bubble or ship him out. No one "hates" him, they are just tired of excuses for a franchise that is floundering to find their way.

Excellent post!

You nailed everything and I don't think I can add anything at this point. Good job!:)

cbnjwill
i think people are living in a dream world thinking the texans can get a 2nd and 3rd or 2nd and a 4th for carr. right now theres not another team in the league that would make carr a starter from the get go and only a few teams would offer him a chance to compete for a starting spot the rest of the teams in the league would be looking at carr as a backup.my best case scenario is to get a 4th round pick make sage the starter this yr. and draft a qb this yr.

hollywood_texan
Read closely my friend, I also stated right underneath that "more than likely, they don't mean to convey that........" & I base that off the assumption that they might have a shred of common sense to know that we have many other "glaring" serious problems that would prevent us from a serious suberbowl push. But like i said, in the same breath, they'll acknowledge that our O-line has been subpar & we don't have a very good defense & whatnot.

And as far as the bolded, Some fans on here & the National media already think that the organization is run by idiots b/c we passed on RB. Heck you have someone on here with a "fire Mcnair Club" avatar. And don't even get me started on the VY thing. With all the hype surrounding this guy & ( & understandably so) all this other gibberish, is Superbowl push really going too far when you had a guy who hadn't even played a down in the NFL being dubbed as "MJ in cleats"?

I guess it's b/c i post here & listen to alot of Sports radio (610, 790 etc.)
& the exact same topics come up, but believe me these "blow hards" might be in the minority, but they aren't by very much when it comes to the subject of DC.

It really doesn't matter, you are putting words in their mouths, which was my point. You interpret what other people say and yet you get sensitive when I interpret your words.

Do you see the bigger point here that has nothing to do with football, Texans, or David Carr?

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 03:47 PM
Carr just didn't improve enough. Most of the "Carr haters" are nothing more than Texans fans without agendas. The average Texans fan just happens to be ready for a change.

This was supposed to be Carr's year to remove all the doubts...and it just didn't happen.

which for me is the big reason why there needs to be change. I started the season optimistic that the above would happen & it looked good for a couple of weeks, but as the season went on he regressed. You cannot play QB in this league if you need near perfect conditions to succeed. But i also acknowledge that almost all the Qb's in this league couldn't win games on a consistent basis under the conditions this guy played under every sunday- & not get hurt at that, which is why i don't harp on him as much as others do. It takes a total team effort, & if we can't field a competitve team every year, then we're bound for the same results, with or without DC.

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 03:53 PM

If your tired of hearing the whinning, then I would suggest you stay off the message board.

That follows your same logic if you don't like the McNair's decisions and you start a funny slogan like "Fire McNair", then you should root for some other team.

As to your comment about buying your own team, that is just ridiculous.

A message board is about stating your opinions in a forum so they can be discussed.

texans83
01-16-2007, 04:03 PM
If your tired of hearing the whinning, then I would suggest you stay off the message board.

That follows your same logic if you don't like the McNair's decisions and you start a funny slogan like "Fire McNair", then you should root for some other team.

As to your comment about buying your own team, that is just ridiculous.

A message board is about stating your opinions in a forum so they can be discussed.

Yes I agree with you but seriously everyone needs to drop the VY thing and get over it. As far as McNair: class act guy and all he wants is to be the best and he thought that listening to Charlie would get him a SB. We all make mistakes only everyone notices his. Give the man a chance and I thank him for bringing a team back to houston.......GO TEXANS 07

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 04:10 PM
It really doesn't matter, you are putting words in their mouths, which was my point. You interpret what other people say and yet you get sensitive when I interpret your words.

Do you see the bigger point here that has nothing to do with football, Texans, or David Carr?

I guess i get what you're getting at, but if we're not talking football & the texans then what are we talking? MY POINT was that this team is a long way away from making any kind of statement in the AFC south much less the NFL, regardless of who's back there & calling for 1 guy's head and assuming things are going to better after he's gone is delusional at best. Especially when we've got so many other problems all over the team that need addressing. We tried that whole "cut the bacteria out" thing remember, when we let go of Capers & co. It's time we addressed the whole infected area, which is the whole team.

By the way, who's getting sensitive? :confused:

dirty steve
01-16-2007, 04:11 PM
Yes I agree with you but seriously everyone needs to drop the VY thing and get over it. As far as McNair: class act guy and all he wants is to be the best and he thought that listening to Charlie would get him a SB. We all make mistakes only everyone notices his. Give the man a chance and I thank him for bringing a team back to houston.......GO TEXANS 07
I tried the same argument but we wont ever get away from it. Dude is from Houston and plays for whom some regard as our biggest rival (I think it's the Jags). It's something I have come to grips with.

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 04:15 PM

The VY thing isn't going away until the Texans start winning. I was for VY, but I am getting tired of it myself.

I appreciate McNair bringing the Texans to town, but I am paying every year for season tickets and it is starting to get old because it appears he is medling in the biggest decisions with regard to the organization. He definitely needs to manage the situation because he let Casserly have too much pull. I just think he needs to realize that running a football team is not like being a CEO for a profitable company.

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 04:16 PM
By the way, who's getting sensitive? :confused:

Maybe I misinterpreted that one?

Good one. :ok:

You brought it full circle.

GP
01-16-2007, 04:52 PM
The Titans seemed eager to get rid of him & from what I remember, he was being an arse about the situation there (http://www.nashvillecitypaper.com/index.cfm?section_id=43&screen=news&news_id=52254)... Is his talent or attitude that's keeping him as a backup QB?

If it's the latter, I couldn't see this organization wanting that problem...

Can't provide the link, but I know 100% that Volek wanted out of Tenn and into the Jets when Pennington went injured last year. Titans wouldn't grant him permission for the trade, locked him up through the season.

From the news story I read on that situation, Volek was upset about not getting a chance to be a starter (for the Jets).

How would you feel if your team kept you from a possible starting job somewhere? I can understand Volek's feelings.

old football fan
01-16-2007, 04:57 PM
I was just stating my opinion about the MB, and it's loke I'm not allowed to do that. It just seems to me that every thread ends up in a Carr bashing thread, as if he is the only problem on this team an dif we got rid of him the Texans would be in the SB. Can Carr lead this team to the playoffs? maybe, to a SB? maybe but then again maybe not. I do think that it is in the best interest of Carr to move on to another team. As for McNair don't bash the man who had the guts to step up to the plate and bring us an NFL team after the previous team owner screwed us. McNair, like Ken Lay of Enron, had the misfortune of taking bad advice and making some wrong decisions. We now have some good FO people that will be giving him some good advice. We all can't keep living in the past.

Kaiser Toro
01-16-2007, 05:03 PM
We all can't keep living in the past.

That is why many of us would like to see Carr be moved. We cannot afford year six to yield the same results as years 1 through 5 at the QB position. Carr has had little impact even when given time to make plays. We all want better QB play, some of us feel that after five years it is obvious we have the guy, for others five years is half a decade of wathcing Keystone Quarterbacking.

old football fan
01-16-2007, 05:15 PM
That is why many of us would like to see Carr be moved. We cannot afford year six to yield the same results as years 1 through 5 at the QB position. Carr has had little impact even when given time to make plays. We all want better QB play, some of us feel that after five years it is obvious we have the guy, for others five years is half a decade of wathcing Keystone Quarterbacking.

Think I said it was time for him to move on.

texans83
01-16-2007, 05:36 PM
I was just stating my opinion about the MB, and it's loke I'm not allowed to do that. It just seems to me that every thread ends up in a Carr bashing thread, as if he is the only problem on this team an dif we got rid of him the Texans would be in the SB. Can Carr lead this team to the playoffs? maybe, to a SB? maybe but then again maybe not. I do think that it is in the best interest of Carr to move on to another team. As for McNair don't bash the man who had the guts to step up to the plate and bring us an NFL team after the previous team owner screwed us. McNair, like Ken Lay of Enron, had the misfortune of taking bad advice and making some wrong decisions. We now have some good FO people that will be giving him some good advice. We all can't keep living in the past.

I feel ya man

Vinny
01-16-2007, 05:38 PM
I was just stating my opinion about the MB, and it's loke I'm not allowed to do that.I don't see anyone stopping youIt just seems to me that every thread ends up in a Carr bashing thread, as if he is the only problem on this team an dif we got rid of him the Texans would be in the SB. Can Carr lead this team to the playoffs? maybe, to a SB? maybe but then again maybe not. I do think that it is in the best interest of Carr to move on to another team. As for McNair don't bash the man who had the guts to step up to the plate and bring us an NFL team after the previous team owner screwed us. McNair, like Ken Lay of Enron, had the misfortune of taking bad advice and making some wrong decisions. We now have some good FO people that will be giving him some good advice. We all can't keep living in the past.Every team in the NFL that doesn't get good QB play gets this from the fans...this isn't a "houston fan" problem. This is just how it goes in the NFL.

texans83
01-16-2007, 05:40 PM
OK here option I think we should consider. We trade car obviously for say a 4th rounder. let sage take the wheels and draft say KC in a later round, mould him and if he isent at where you would like him to be at by next draft then take a look at some diffrent free agents or the draft again. I think next year draft class of QB is alot better than this years. I was just hinking out loud. Let me hear what you all think

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 05:50 PM
We cannot afford year six to yield the same results as years 1 through 5 at the QB position.

That's Einstein's definition of insanity:

Insanity: doing the same thing over and over again and expecting different results. Albert Einstein

TexanFan881
01-16-2007, 06:04 PM
I'd like to keep Carr. Until we get someone else who has starting capability.

Can anyone say they are comfortable with Sage, Van Pelt, and Porter?

Vinny
01-16-2007, 06:07 PM

That's Einstein's definition of insanity:25 NFL teams have switched their QB's since 2002. Only Brett Favre, Peyton Manning, Donovan McNabb, Tom Brady, Mike Vick, Trent Green, and Tom Brady have been the starting QB for the same team since 2002. The people who don't want to replace Carr need to wake up and look around the NFL.

dirty steve
01-16-2007, 06:15 PM
i am the same way. the excuses are getting old:
-no RB
-no OL
-no consistent gameplan (due to the QB?)

those competant find a way to overcome. it seems carr can't/won't do that. start sage, start garcia, start plummer, draft QB, etc. i think any of those are palatable to most that look logically to the future. i think even bringing #8 back is unacceptable to many.

jdog
01-16-2007, 06:20 PM

I think Carr would be great for a team that just needs the qb to manage the ball and avoid losing the game for them. A team with a good defense and a good line but an inconsistent qb. The Bears come to mind, or maybe the Ravens. McNair won't last forever, and Carr is an upgrade over Boller. Maybe Capers would bring him into the Dolphins which would be another good fit.

dirty steve
01-16-2007, 06:25 PM
the dolphins gave up a 2nd and a 5th round pick for culpepper and harrington last year--i doubt #8 is headed there. cleveland, maybe?

texan767
01-16-2007, 06:42 PM
Where?

Besides mine?
Without a doubt, the "Fire McNair" one.

Lucky
01-16-2007, 06:45 PM
I don't know if he can be traded unless he agrees to restructure his contract.
That's probably true. If Carr is traded, it will be to a team that has already reached such an agreement with Carr. I think the most likely scenario is McNair releasing Carr and allowing him to find the best deal he can in free agency.

Bubbajwp
01-16-2007, 06:52 PM
Besides mine?
Without a doubt, the "Fire McNair" one.

If you would change it to Demeco Ryans or Mario Williams it would be the coolest avatar ive ever seen.

Then you could put something like watch your back Peyton.

El Tejano
01-16-2007, 07:16 PM
I think the Texans know they can put some pressure on Oakland. Over there, Carr is the hometown guy with appearantly lots of supporters. We give Oakland David Carr, that puts some people back in the stands and now you don't have to draft Brady Quinn or a QB in the draft because you have two vet QBs who can battle out for the #1 spot, and now you can use your #1 pick on WR Calvin Johnson because you are going to give us Porter or Moss or a 3rd or 4th.

Texans by making this trade now either get a TD making vet that can put fans in the stands, and you just enabled a guy like Jamarcus Russell to fall down to you. Also by making this trade you justified taking a QB in the first because you just got rid of one and now you are going to let Shane Rosenfelts drive the car until your QB you drafted gets his license. Or you can now trade your #8 pick for more picks and that vet QB, or get an OL/DL or you can simply draft best player available and if you just got a 3rd or fourth you allowed yourself to get more OL/DL help.

dirty steve
01-16-2007, 07:20 PM
I think the Texans know they can put some pressure on Oakland. Over there, Carr is the hometown guy with appearantly lots of supporters. We give Oakland David Carr, that puts some people back in the stands and now you don't have to draft Brady Quinn or a QB in the draft because you have two vet QBs who can battle out for the #1 spot, and now you can use your #1 pick on WR Calvin Johnson because you are going to give us Porter or Moss or a 3rd or 4th.

it might be some of his family that might come to the games, but i doubt carr's appearance in the silver and black signals a renaissance at whatever that stadium is called now. i wouldnt take porter or moss either. porter doesnt play well with others and moss has that huge contract and could get whiny if the QB doesnt look his way enough.

hollywood_texan
01-16-2007, 07:52 PM
I think the Texans know they can put some pressure on Oakland. Over there, Carr is the hometown guy with appearantly lots of supporters.

I went to the game in Oakland this year. I went by myself and talked to a lot of Raider fans. None of them were interested in Carr.

You could be right that there is interest for Carr as a Raider, but I didn't see it or hear about it.

Check out this picture, this is what happened when I asked a Raider fan about David Carr moving to Oakland:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/34-Seal2.jpg

TEXANFAN23435
01-16-2007, 08:54 PM
So, I've galnced at each one of these post and realized not one post stated who they thought the Texans could get this year, that would improve this team by 2 more wins, without changing anything else offensively.

Those of you that think Sage is good for 6 - 8 wins next year are way off on your projections.

NFLforher
01-16-2007, 09:16 PM

I won't.

NFLforher
01-16-2007, 09:17 PM
How old are you???

Not old enough.

NFLforher
01-16-2007, 09:18 PM

Lol...why do you think the Chargers drafted Rivers?

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 09:23 PM
[QUOTE=TEXANFAN23435;575397]So, I've galnced at each one of these post and realized not one post stated who they thought the Texans could get this year, that would improve this team by 2 more wins, without changing anything else offensively.Those of you that think Sage is good for 6 - 8 wins next year are way off on your projections.[/QUOT

You realize we've won 8 games the last two years right . I bet we can win that many next year with a different QB .

Honoring Earl 34
01-16-2007, 09:27 PM

Do you realize that after three seasons the Chargers gave up on Brees . Why they had the worst record in the NFL .

Brees did well in his 4th and 5th year .

He was runner up MVP his 6th .

NFLforher
01-16-2007, 09:30 PM
I'm not sure what nieve means but I'm not naive...I said MOST real fans think highly of Carr....since when did every single blow hard become every Texans fan or most Texans fans or a majority of Texans fans? Those cheap shot fans are in the minority.

I agree with you. The majority of Texan's fans don't like Carr because of his play, not his hair, not his family or anything else. We may disagree about the reasons but it isn't a personal attack except for a few few immature individuals.

If David leaves, as I expect him to, I hope the Texans continue to get better and flourish under a new QB. It's been 5 long years.

CowboysTexansFan
01-16-2007, 11:09 PM
So does anyone know when it is possible to begin trading NFL players? What about free agency--when can teams start signing players?

TIA.

dirty steve
01-16-2007, 11:17 PM
Do you realize that after three seasons the Chargers gave up on Brees . Why they had the worst record in the NFL .

Brees did well in his 4th and 5th year .

He was runner up MVP his 6th .
i wouldnt say the chargers gave up on brees. they had a suitable alternative and brees had major shoulder surgery--they went with the safer play in the healthier player.

Vinny
01-16-2007, 11:37 PM
So does anyone know when it is possible to begin trading NFL players? What about free agency--when can teams start signing players?

TIA.here is last years....I'm looking for this year. The dates should be similar.

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showpost.php?p=82676&postcount=2

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 11:40 PM

The person in question claimed Carr could be like Brees once he was let go and succeed. I said that he was already a playoff QB before this season. Yes they drafted Rivers when Brees struggled but as I put after that Rivers sat the bench because they thought Brees wasn't doing much but his last two years he had very good seasons and took them to the playoffs. He only left when they decided they would start Rivers because Brees had the shoulder surgery. In 2004 and 2005, however he was one of the top QBs out there. He was 2004 comeback player of the year and 2005 Pro Bowler. Therefore a comparison between Carr and Brees holds no water.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-17-2007, 12:07 AM
[QUOTE=HoustonFrog;574672]

The bottom line is this, as the old saying goes "you keep doing what your doing and you'll keep gettin' what your gettin'"

However, unless someone could possibly shed some light on how we improve the position next year, I'm not for trading Carr unless we could get a 3rd round pick from someone early in the round. Besides that, which I 99% doubt will happen, I don't have alot of faith in players drafted later than the 3rd. Occassionally, you will get true talent after the 3rd, but most of those pics don't pan out. I know about Owen Daniels and some others, but again most after the 3rd don't pan out.

ramair6
01-17-2007, 12:22 AM
I went to the game in Oakland this year. I went by myself and talked to a lot of Raider fans. None of them were interested in Carr.

You could be right that there is interest for Carr as a Raider, but I didn't see it or hear about it.

Check out this picture, this is what happened when I asked a Raider fan about David Carr moving to Oakland:

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i15/hollywood_texan/34-Seal2.jpg

Actually on the Raiders board there is talk about trading for Carr, http://www.raiderfans.net/forum/showthread.php?t=92089
I know that on several other boards there are people who do ask about trading for him but the majority don't care for the idea, big surprise.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-17-2007, 12:27 AM

Texans by making this trade now either get a TD making vet that can put fans in the stands, and you just enabled a guy like Jamarcus Russell to fall down to you. Also by making this trade you justified taking a QB in the first because you just got rid of one and now you are going to let Shane Rosenfelts drive the car until your QB you drafted gets his license. Or you can now trade your #8 pick for more picks and that vet QB, or get an OL/DL or you can simply draft best player available and if you just got a 3rd or fourth you allowed yourself to get more OL/DL help.

I like some of your thoughts, but do worry, because you don't even know who the back up QB is. It's Sage Rosenfels, not Shane. But I definetly like the idea of trading back to say 13-16 and give up a 3rd for their 1st and 2nd. I see alot of offense being taken in the first 10 spots and that will leave alot of defensive guys in the hunt or possibly even a RB at 13-16

dalemurphy
01-17-2007, 01:28 AM
No way in hell is Carr traded for anything other than another overpaid underachieving/troubled player ala Ricky Williams or Randy Moss. No one will trade for what they can get for free after the June salary cap casualty date. If they get a 4th round pick for Carr then Smith should be the instant NFL Executive of the Year. I wish it would happen but it just isnt happening. His contract is TRADE PROHIBITIVE unless we receive another underachieving huge contract player in return. Basically a 'my overpaid garbage for your overpaid garbage' type of deal.

I love what we are starting to hear out of the powers that be though. Finally some realism and accountability....FOR ONCE

Not true... We would take the bonus hit and the other team would only be responsible for his base salary. It is a very good gamble for a team that needs a QB to spend a draft pick on David Carr: GB, DET, Min, Chic, Oak, Clev, TB... are all possible scenarios. To get a player with his talent and with experience for a middle round draft pick and only about a $5 million dollar cap hit is very enticing. If we will accept a 3rd round pick for him, someone will definitely offer it.

run-david-run
01-17-2007, 01:34 AM
Oh my....does this means I'm right again?? McNair had something to do with the draft from the start. This is another reason we didn't get VY or RB whom later contributed to successful teams and will be a problem later for us... Ha, Ha, Ha....the whole NFL laughs again at Houston. And finally this why we are all sitting at home watching what McNair passed up make the NFC championship......thanks Bob you are real un-proven business man once again.....Keep up the good work!!:marionaner:

Why would a business man (who's sons went to UT by the way) be opposed to getting VY, which would guarantee sell outs for every game?

Nighthawk
01-17-2007, 01:40 AM
Can't provide the link, but I know 100% that Volek wanted out of Tenn and into the Jets when Pennington went injured last year. Titans wouldn't grant him permission for the trade, locked him up through the season.

From the news story I read on that situation, Volek was upset about not getting a chance to be a starter (for the Jets).

How would you feel if your team kept you from a possible starting job somewhere? I can understand Volek's feelings.

Hey! Volek is Bucky Richardson. We don't want him.

DatTexBoy
01-17-2007, 03:29 AM

Couldn't have said it any better myself

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 09:23 AM
What if I told you he is staying?

Would it matter?
I told you 4 weeks ago he is not going anywere.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 09:33 AM

Would it matter?

I'd be disappointed because it means we haven't learned a thing.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 09:34 AM
[QUOTE=Mr teX;574679]

The bottom line is this, as the old saying goes "you keep doing what your doing and you'll keep gettin' what your gettin'"

However, unless someone could possibly shed some light on how we improve the position next year, I'm not for trading Carr unless we could get a 3rd round pick from someone early in the round. Besides that, which I 99% doubt will happen, I don't have alot of faith in players drafted later than the 3rd. Occassionally, you will get true talent after the 3rd, but most of those pics don't pan out. I know about Owen Daniels and some others, but again most after the 3rd don't pan out.

Just so you know, the quote attributed to me in your post wasn't me but someone replying to me. Just saying. Have a good one.

the wonger need food
01-17-2007, 09:46 AM
Here's an interested quote from McNair in today's Chronicle....

"They're very honest and open. If they change their mind on something, they admit it. We need to be open-minded and not so set in our ways."

It sure sounds like the boss is softening his position on bringing in players to make our franchise quarterback look better.

http://www.chron.com/disp/story.mpl/sports/fb/texansfront/4475980.html

El Tejano
01-17-2007, 11:14 AM
I like some of your thoughts, but do worry, because you don't even know who the back up QB is. It's Sage Rosenfels, not Shane. But I definetly like the idea of trading back to say 13-16 and give up a 3rd for their 1st and 2nd. I see alot of offense being taken in the first 10 spots and that will leave alot of defensive guys in the hunt or possibly even a RB at 13-16

My bad. Good looking out though. I was typing this and talking about Shane Battier of the Rockets at the same time. Check my join date. I've been here a while and I know who this team is. I've been here since day one. Thanks though.

El Tejano
01-17-2007, 11:16 AM
My bad. Good looking out though. I was typing this and talking about Shane Battier of the Rockets at the same time. Check my join date. I've been here a while and I know who this team is. I've been here since day one. Thanks though.

And actually Apr 2004 was when we made the change to our current board but I go back to like 2002 before the team was even unveiled.

NATHANHALE
01-17-2007, 11:17 AM

Would it matter?

...NO, LET HIM STAY...HAPPY NOW?

El Tejano
01-17-2007, 11:30 AM
I think we all have to remember that they said we would know more in 3-4 weeks which means he is on the trading block. Mcnair likes to do things in order and this is priority #1 right now before FA and Draft.

Therefore, it is safe to say he could be here still because we are probably looking to get something good for Carr like a high 3rd or 4th.

That is also why I say that dealing with Oakland is probably what is going on. Texans get the 1st pick in the 3rd or 4th round, Oakland gets a QB and doesn't have to pick one at #1 and can go for Calvin Johnson or something with the #1 pick.

hot pickle
01-17-2007, 11:38 AM
I think we all have to remember that they said we would know more in 3-4 weeks which means he is on the trading block. Mcnair likes to do things in order and this is priority #1 right now before FA and Draft.

Therefore, it is safe to say he could be here still because we are probably looking to get something good for Carr like a high 3rd or 4th.

That is also why I say that dealing with Oakland is probably what is going on. Texans get the 1st pick in the 3rd or 4th round, Oakland gets a QB and doesn't have to pick one at #1 and can go for Calvin Johnson or something with the #1 pick.

calvin dont wanna play for the raiders, why would you draft a guy that doesnt even wanna play there, but its the raiders so you never know

El Tejano
01-17-2007, 11:50 AM
calvin dont wanna play for the raiders, why would you draft a guy that doesnt even wanna play there, but its the raiders so you never know

He will when he sees how much money it means to play for them.

Johnny Utah
01-17-2007, 01:59 PM

Would it matter?

Things can change in 4 weeks.

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 03:03 PM
Things can change in 4 weeks.

I hate to be the guy that says I told you so, but I know it will come to that, acctually I will let you say it to your self cause I am not that kind of guy.:shades:

SheTexan
01-17-2007, 03:17 PM
Why would a business man (who's sons went to UT by the way) be opposed to getting VY, which would guarantee sell outs for every game?

Hummmm, could be because HIS house has already been sold out for five years, and will be again in 2007. Maybe since he is such a successful business man he doesn't listen to family members who grad from UT,or couch coaches, and UT homers from this MB. Pretty smart man if ya ask me!!!!:)

NATHANHALE
01-17-2007, 03:36 PM
Hummmm, could be because HIS house has already been sold out for five years, and will be again in 2007. Maybe since he is such a successful business man he doesn't listen to family members who grad from UT,or couch coaches, and UT homers from this MB. Pretty smart man if ya ask me!!!!:)

yEA, he's real smart,,,that's why we have Carr and no one else does..or,rather, does anyone else want David (aka, Bob's man)....so smart, so I wonder why he over pays some players so much???

El Tejano
01-17-2007, 03:38 PM
Let me just say, I still think David stays unless we get some buyers with real propositions.

NATHANHALE
01-17-2007, 03:40 PM
I hate to be the guy that says I told you so, but I know it will come to that, acctually I will let you say it to your self cause I am not that kind of guy.:shades:

...2 way street here, though--when this doesn't come to past, don't try to weasel out or go into another retirement...

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 03:54 PM
...2 way street here, though--when this doesn't come to past, don't try to weasel out or go into another retirement...

:) .........No worries.

Go Longhorns:shades:

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 03:59 PM
Here this can give you guys something else to talk about for a while.........:yes:

http://skolvikes.blogspot.com/

=

NFLforher
01-17-2007, 04:02 PM
The person in question claimed Carr could be like Brees once he was let go and succeed. I said that he was already a playoff QB before this season. Yes they drafted Rivers when Brees struggled but as I put after that Rivers sat the bench because they thought Brees wasn't doing much but his last two years he had very good seasons and took them to the playoffs. He only left when they decided they would start Rivers because Brees had the shoulder surgery. In 2004 and 2005, however he was one of the top QBs out there. He was 2004 comeback player of the year and 2005 Pro Bowler. Therefore a comparison between Carr and Brees holds no water.

Huh? :shades:

When Rivers was drafted it wasn't because Brees was such a great QB at the time.

old football fan
01-17-2007, 04:05 PM
Here this can give you guys something else to talk about for a while.........:yes:

=

Just supports the idea that Carr will either be traded or cut from the Texans this year. Good job Hulk

Double Barrel
01-17-2007, 04:07 PM

=

From the blog:

In 2006, he threw 11 touchdowns and 12 picks and was benched in favor of backup Sage Rosenfels towards the end of the season. The Texans ended up 6-10 in 06.

Dude doesn't know what he's talking about! Rosenfels was brought in for one game - Titans - because of a poor first half showing by DC. Sage was never a starter for even one game, though. This guy is about as clueless as a Houston sports talk radio host!

OrangeCountyTexansFan
01-17-2007, 04:08 PM
I don't know. You could be wrong. Anyone who's avatar has Adrian Petersen on it preaches false hope anyway, IMHO. Do you really think that AP will last until the eighth pick in the first round?

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 04:09 PM
Just supports the idea that Carr will either be traded or cut from the Texans this year. Good job Hulk

Sure no problem.........:rolleyes:

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 04:13 PM
I don't know. You could be wrong. Anyone who's avatar has Adrian Petersen on it preaches false hope anyway, IMHO. Do you really think that AP will last until the eighth pick in the first round?

If he gets past the Browns were else will he go, I also had a Reggie one last year and we all know how that went.

AP, Dwayne Jarrett or Marshawn Lynch.

And there is NO such thing as False Hope.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 04:26 PM

When Rivers was drafted it wasn't because Brees was such a great QB at the time.

Agreed. The point the other person made was that Brees had done nothing until he was let go and then had this break out year....saying Carr "might" do the same if he was let go. Rivers was brought in to supplant him but Brees became 2004 comeback player of the year and a 2005 Pro Bowler, thus Rivers rode the bench and even talked about wanting to be let go himself. The point being Brees wasn't just a bad QB until this year.

HOU-TEX
01-17-2007, 04:30 PM
I didn't want to start another carr thread, but here's a snippet from a Chron article from Mcnair speaking of Kubiak and Smith. Let's hope Mcnair practices what he preaches. The rest of the article left me with something to be optimistic about.

"They're very honest and open. If they change their mind on something, they admit it. We need to be open-minded and not so set in our ways."

Honoring Earl 34
01-17-2007, 04:34 PM

2001 San Diego Chargers 1 0 27 15 55.6 221 8.19 40 1 0 2/12 4 1 94.8
2002 San Diego Chargers 16 16 526 320 60.8 3284 6.24 52 17 16 24/180 40 4 76.9
2003 San Diego Chargers 11 11 356 205 57.6 2108 5.92 68 11 15 21/178 28 5 67.5
2004 San Diego Chargers 15 15 400 262 65.5 3159 7.90 79 27 7 18/131 40 9 104.8
2005 San Diego Chargers 16 16 500 323 64.6 3576 7.15 54 24 15 27/223 46 4 89.2
2006 New Orleans Saints 16 16 554 356 64.3 4418 7.97 86 26 11 18/105 61 18 96.2
TOTAL 75 74 2363 1481 62.7 16766 7.10 86 106 64 110/829 219 41 87.5

This did not come out well but after 28 games ... the Chargers gave up on Brees .

Brees kept Rivers on the bench in 04 and 05 . Oh by the way LT was drafted the same year as Brees .

Dunta_23
01-17-2007, 04:39 PM
Read this on another site...just so people have something to read

"Adam Schefter was on Minnesota's KFAN a couple days ago and mentioned that he expected David Carr to be playing for the Vikings next season. The rumored reason the Vikings moved up to the late second round to draft Jackson last season was they heard the Texans were going to select him early in the 3rd. Does anyone think that the two teams might be looking to swap QB's? "

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33651

Honoring Earl 34
01-17-2007, 04:45 PM
[QUOTE=Dunta_23;576097]Read this on another site...just so people have something to read

"Adam Schefter was on Minnesota's KFAN a couple days ago and mentioned that he expected David Carr to be playing for the Vikings next season. The rumored reason the Vikings moved up to the late second round to draft Jackson last season was they heard the Texans were going to select him early in the 3rd. Does anyone think that the two teams might be looking to swap QB's? "

http://www.nfldraftcountdown.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=33651[/QUOTE

I'm sure he'll bring back memories of Gary Quazo .

the wonger need food
01-17-2007, 05:30 PM

=

Let him compete with Jackson and Bollinger for the starting roll. What's the worst that could happen?

Apparantly these guys don't have any idea how bad it can get with Carr taking the snaps. If they think Brad Johnson is bad, they ain't seen nothin' yet.

Bubbajwp
01-17-2007, 06:28 PM
From the blog:

Dude doesn't know what he's talking about! Rosenfels was brought in for one game - Titans - because of a poor first half showing by DC. Sage was never a starter for even one game, though. This guy is about as clueless as a Houston sports talk radio host!

Dont be to hard on him he did get one thing right. The Texans offensive line has been pathetic over the last five years

Bubbajwp
01-17-2007, 06:37 PM
You guys are giving these RUMORS to much credit. How many times has Manny Ramirez almost been traded. How many times have we heard about trades with the Rockets and Astros that never ended up happening. Except for the Jason Jennings one this year. Unfortunatly. Rumors get started by teams and people just to get other teams and people thinking.

I like to think ive been one of Carr's biggest supporters during his career. But I realy do feel like everyone the Texans and Carr would be better off if they just went there separate ways.

New Worst Nightmare

David Carr led Vikings VS. Vince Young led Titans in the Superbowl next year.
I would be happy for both but I would hate to see what would happen to this MB.

Heath Shuler
01-17-2007, 07:02 PM

Would it matter?

No. Not to me

Vinny
01-17-2007, 07:10 PM
http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/1/1228282/ShowThread.aspx

Mr. White
01-17-2007, 07:15 PM

My favorite quote on there. I just stopped after I read this.....

Carr is an excellent quarterback, when given an offensive line to back him up. I saw many of his games 2 years ago when they actually had a line that gave him some time. He took a very below average team on his back to an 8-8 year. In my estimation hes the main reason they even won 6 games this year

I only hope that the Vikes' FO think like the people on that board.

Tulip
01-17-2007, 07:18 PM

Thanks.

The rumor is interesting, and the discussion was pretty funny. I enjoyed seeing non-Texans fans' varying opinions about David Carr.

the wonger need food
01-17-2007, 07:25 PM
How 'bout this one...

"I lived in Texas for a few months last year and you're right. Texans fans think David Carr is a god, he's on hundreds of billboards around Houston plugging all sorts of products. They blame everyone but him for the teams problems. I'm not saying he's a great QB or anything, but it's totally wrong to say that Texans fans don't like him."

Funny stuff.

Tulip
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
How 'bout this one...

"I lived in Texas for a few months last year and you're right. Texans fans think David Carr is a god, he's on hundreds of billboards around Houston plugging all sorts of products. They blame everyone but him for the teams problems. I'm not saying he's a great QB or anything, but it's totally wrong to say that Texans fans don't like him."

Funny stuff.

Well that part sounds about right.

New_Texans
01-17-2007, 07:27 PM
They act like David Carr has no WR to throw too on that message board. He has/had 3...(Johnson,Moulds, Daniels.)

Vinny
01-17-2007, 07:30 PM
Thanks.

The rumor is interesting, and the discussion was pretty funny. I enjoyed seeing non-Texans fans' varying opinions about David Carr.Funny thing about that rumor is that if he goes to the Vikes he would have Troy "the bust" Williamson to throw the ball to....the wr the Texans were totally in love with in last year's draft.

Tulip
01-17-2007, 07:36 PM
They act like David Carr has no WR to throw too on that message board. He has/had 3...(Johnson,Moulds, Daniels.)

And occasionally Kevin Walter, who spends his rare opportunities standing open in the middle of the field and waiting in vain to catch that first down pass.

Hulk75
01-17-2007, 07:39 PM
And occasionally Kevin Walter, who spends his rare opportunities standing open in the middle of the field and waiting in vain to catch that first down pass.

O you mean like the one agianst the Colts at home when he took a shot in the mouth by Dwight Freeney stood there and delivered a strike to get a 1st down on 3 and long, like that? I believed we scored on that drive as well.

Tulip
Funny thing about that rumor is that if he goes to the Vikes he would have Troy "the bust" Williamson to throw the ball to....the wr the Texans were totally in love with in last year's draft.

Hey, as long as Williamson can run a 5-yard out pattern, he's gravy. The only other thing Carr needs is an escape-valve running back, and the Vikes are all set. Good for 150-225 passing yards per game. Sweet.

Johnny Utah
Funny thing about that rumor is that if he goes to the Vikes he would have Troy "the bust" Williamson to throw the ball to....the wr the Texans were totally in love with in last year's draft.

Got to love Casserly's eye for talent.

TheRealJoker
01-17-2007, 08:05 PM
Is that the same draft with Shawne Merriman...the guy Casserly didn't even have on the Texan's board because he didn't believe Merriman could be a 3-4 OLB?

TexansSeminole
01-17-2007, 08:18 PM

Alot of guys giving their team false hope over there. That's pretty funny.

Bubbajwp
01-17-2007, 08:20 PM
Is that the same draft with Shawne Merriman...the guy Casserly didn't even have on the Texan's board because he didn't believe Merriman could be a 3-4 OLB?

And DeMarcus Ware and D nevermind.

TexanFan881
01-17-2007, 08:38 PM
Alot of guys giving their team false hope over there. That's pretty funny.

Someone should go sign up over there and hype up David Carr and tell them how "Godly" he is. :tease:

Malloy
01-17-2007, 08:54 PM

I like the guy telling everyone how great a leader Carr is on the field :)

Vinny
01-17-2007, 09:00 PM
BEEFStew24 from that vikes forum may have one of the best avatars ever

Kaiser Toro
01-17-2007, 09:21 PM

It does not get cold in the neo-Norseman's virtual world. They drop it like it is room temperature.

Bubbajwp
01-17-2007, 09:47 PM

Donatello's avatar is pretty jaw dropping.:tease: :)

Texanfan4ever
01-17-2007, 10:35 PM
I cant wait for Texanfan4ever's response to this...

Hey Coog, I tried to double quote you, and the one you quoted before asking the above question, but I graduated from UT so I couldn't figure out how!!!

On top of that, it made no sense. Haven't been on here in a couple of days because I have a few more important life matters going on, but for what it's worth, I don't really care what you think about what I have to say.

Sorry, it's just not that important. For you to be so derogatory so quickly is fairly interesting.........Did something strike a nerve?

Oh well, carry on. You are entitled to your opinion. This team will eventually flourish and Bob McNair will still own it. Wish I was as stupid as him.....Oh wait, I am......according to you.

Texans Pride
01-17-2007, 10:38 PM
Ok, that was just silliness over there. I had to register and given a difference of opinion to those folks.

I also invited them here, so maybe we'll get some visitors!

Kaiser Toro
01-17-2007, 10:42 PM
Hey Coog, I tried to double quote you, and the one you quoted before asking the above question, but I graduated from UT so I couldn't figure out how!!!

On top of that, it made no sense. Haven't been on here in a couple of days because I have a few more important life matters going on, but for what it's worth, I don't really care what you think about what I have to say.

Sorry, it's just not that important. For you to be so derogatory so quickly is fairly interesting.........Did something strike a nerve?

Oh well, carry on. You are entitled to your opinion. This team will eventually flourish and Bob McNair will still own it. Wish I was as stupid as him.....Oh wait, I am......according to you.

:snobord: + :mario: = :marionaner:

Texanfan4ever
01-17-2007, 10:51 PM
:snobord: + :mario: = :marionaner:

LOL Kaiser :shades:

AustinJB
01-17-2007, 11:10 PM
O you mean like the one agianst the Colts at home when he took a shot in the mouth by Dwight Freeney stood there and delivered a strike to get a 1st down on 3 and long, like that? I believed we scored on that drive as well.

:rant:

Wow, be sure to remember that play b/c that is the first time that Carr's ever stood in the pocket, took a hit, and delivered the ball down the field like a good QB is supposed to.:hides:

I wonder if it's coincidence that the first time he did that is also the first time we beat the Colts. Yeah, it must be...it couldn't be directly related.:sarcasm:

Ibar_Harry
01-17-2007, 11:20 PM
:rant:

Wow, be sure to remember that play b/c that is the first time that Carr's ever stood in the pocket, took a hit, and delivered the ball down the field like a good QB is supposed to.:hides:

I wonder if it's coincidence that the first time he did that is also the first time we beat the Colts. Yeah, it must be...it couldn't be directly related.:sarcasm:

I think he came into the Falcons game and ran for a 1st down and took a shoot to the shoulder. You can be as sarcastic as you want, but the truth is this team has been dieing due to a lack of a cohesive vision of what its going to do offensively. Sherman and Kubiak are from two totally different camps offensively speaking. Capers and Palmer were from two totally different camps offensively speaking. That's why we have a hybreed zone O-line that is not ment to protect a passing QB which is what we have. I have said from day one what the Texans want to do and what Carr is good at are two different things. I just feel that he was a bad fit based on what the coaches want to do. I still think it is as simple as that.

Ibar_Harry
01-17-2007, 11:31 PM
To further elaborate on the above point I would like to use a basketball analogy. At Fresno State we had Jerry Tarkanian as a basketball coach for a period of time. He runs a very different kind of game than lets say a coach like Bobby Knight. Knight would be driven crazy by the kind of players Tarkanian had and what he expected them to do. Tarkanian actually ran a very structured offense with a lot of freedom and individual moves. That is not Knight's cup of tea. Jerry was not known for being a big disciplinarion. Knight and Tarkanian are about as opposite as you can get.

What I'm saying is players who would flourish under Knight would be dead meat under Tarkanian and vice versa. Yet, each has produced good players, but with different attributes. I have just felt Carr was never in the right place to show his skills and I really think it would be hard for him ever to attain what many thought he could given his age and what has happened to him as a Texan. I really think the Texans still have a big issue and that is to define what they are going to do offensively and then getting the correct players to do whatever it is they are going to do.

AustinJB
01-17-2007, 11:32 PM
I think he came into the Falcons game and ran for a 1st down and took a shoot to the shoulder.

I think you missed the point and also did not read what was written.

Yeah, Carr can scramble for a 1st down and is definitely phsically tough. However he is mentally weak when it comes to making good decisions or having composure when the game is on the line.

What was written is that it was the first time Carr has stood in the pocket, delivered the ball down the field...:ok:

Kaiser Toro
01-17-2007, 11:33 PM
To further elaborate on the above point I would like to use a basketball analogy. At Fresno State we had Jerry Tarkanian as a basketball coach for a period of time. He runs a very different kind of game than lets say a coach like Bobby Knight. Knight would be driven crazy by the kind of players Tarkanian had and what he expected them to do. Tarkanian actually ran a very structured offense with a lot of freedom and individual moves. That is not Knight's cup of tea. Jerry was not known for being a big disciplinarion. Knight and Tarkanian are about as opposite as you can get.

What I'm saying is players who would flourish under Knight would be dead meat under Tarkanian and vice versa. Yet, each has produced good players, but with different attributes. I have just felt Carr was never in the right place to show his skills and I really think it would be hard for him ever to attain what many thought he could given his age and what has happened to him as a Texan. I really think the Texans still have a big issue and that is to define what they are going to do offensively and then getting the correct players to do whatever it is they are going to do.

Mr. Harry! Tear down that Avatar! :mario:

Ibar_Harry
01-17-2007, 11:35 PM
I think you missed the point and also did not read what was written.

Yeah, Carr can scramble for a 1st down and is definitely phsically tough. However he is mentally weak when it comes to making good decisions or having composure when the game is on the line.

What was written is that it was the first time Carr has stood in the pocket, delivered the ball down the field...:ok:

Go back and look at the 1st game against Dallas.....

keyfro
01-17-2007, 11:59 PM
first things first...i haven't posted on this board for awhile...finishing up school and what not...this will be a very important offseason for this team as we all know...the decision to get rid of carr will either set this team up for the next 5-6 years or set it back for the next 5-6 years...so there is a couple of questions we need answer before anything happens:

1. is there anyone else out there in FA or in the draft that is a better option than david carr? FA no...draft maybe...personally i think sage might be a better QB...anyone who is thinking plummer or garcia needs to re-think things...plummer is a mistake waiting to happen...and garcia will only give us the same thing he gave cleveland and detriot...next to nothing

2. what can we get for carr and is it really worth the cap hit? probably the best i can think about us getting is a 5th round pick...harrington only got detriot a 6th and what has carr done to make you think he is better than joey...nada...so is it worth taking the cap hit for a 5th round pick...maybe

3. who can we trade him to? off the top of my head i can think of five teams...carolina, chicago, detriot, cleveland, and oakland. of those you can probably cross out chicago and cleveland given rex's playoff performance and clevelands depth of young unproven talent...carolina is probably the best option

4. quit with this trade insanity to atlanta...it ain't gonna happen

5. if we do trade carr for a 5th rounder and we get plummer in here to challenge sage and both fail what then? start over again

bottom line: this is not an easy decision and i am actually cautious about the idea of simply trading carr away for whatever we can get...while i agree that a change is needed for both him and the texans who is to say that given another year under kubiak carr might simply turn the light switch on...remember jake plummer didn't have his great year until a was with kubiak for a couple of seasons not just one offseason...i think the best option is to keep carr and simply leave the QB starting position up for grabs between him, sage, and another qb to be brought in through the draft (kolb or beck JMO)

wags
01-18-2007, 12:03 AM
Man, if Carr leaves the Texans it will be the end of an era.... kinda like when that Geena Davis TV show got canceled.

dbspi
01-18-2007, 12:15 AM
According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Carr will be traded to the Vikings this off season.

Schefter is the guy that had the story about Art Shell being fired in Oakland before it happened. Oakland had denied it, then a day or two later, Shell was gone.

Link: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/1/1228282/ShowThread.aspx

swtbound07
01-18-2007, 12:46 AM
Im not trying to kill your buzz, or make the fun trade scenarios stop, but I stand by what i said at the end of last year stands. Carr will be here next season. I haven't heard otherwise.

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 12:53 AM
According to NFL Network's Adam Schefter, Carr will be traded to the Vikings this off season.

Schefter is the guy that had the story about Art Shell being fired in Oakland before it happened. Oakland had denied it, then a day or two later, Shell was gone.

Link: http://rubechat.kfan.com/forums/1/1228282/ShowThread.aspx
I'll believe that when I hear it come from Adam Shefter's mouth, on the NFL Network. 'Till then, the cap hit isn't worth risking drafting or signing another possible bust.

powerfuldragon
01-18-2007, 01:09 AM
yeah. heh.

HoustonFan
01-18-2007, 01:12 AM
Carr sticks around next season, and they make him compete for the starting job.

Carr is traded elsewhere and does very well. It could happen. Then again, he could very well play better than ever next season and maybe w/ more wins we could see Carr being greedy for wins - which would make for some happy Texans' fans. :-)

powerfuldragon
01-18-2007, 01:13 AM
I'll believe that when I hear it come from Adam Shefter's mouth, on the NFL Network. 'Till then, the cap hit isn't worth risking drafting or signing another possible bust.
as long as bob mcnair is the owner, i'll never believe it.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-18-2007, 01:15 AM
[QUOTE=Luv Ya Blue 2007;575619]

Just so you know, the quote attributed to me in your post wasn't me but someone replying to me. Just saying. Have a good one.

Sorry, new to forum. Only my 16th post. Have a good day!

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 01:18 AM
If you think that's good, you should visit basketball forums sometime. It's where I saw Hyori Lee for the first time.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-18-2007, 01:21 AM

Nothing personal, I was just stating off of what I saw. Not trying to be a jerk. I gave you props for your thoughts. I, as well as a million others have
been following the Texans extremely closely prior to them ever making their first draft pick. Just haven't been on the forum. By the way, what is your join date? I couldn't find it. lol

mexican_texan
01-18-2007, 01:29 AM
Look at the top right of the post, right above the footballs/green bars. It'll look like this

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-18-2007, 02:01 AM
Look at the top right of the post, right above the footballs/green bars. It'll look like this

Dang Mexican Texan you have averaged over 11.5 post per day since you joined, that's awesome.

Honoring Earl 34
01-18-2007, 07:53 AM

Name some more .... after five years it would be tough to make a two minute highlight reel .

HoustonFrog
01-18-2007, 08:46 AM
[QUOTE=HoustonFrog;575775]

Sorry, new to forum. Only my 16th post. Have a good day!

No big deal. I was just making sure so there was no confusion. Hope you are having fun.

Mr teX
01-18-2007, 09:55 AM
I love the idea of bringing David Carr here, and it's one that hadn't even occured to me. Whoever compared Carr to Brooks Bollinger...you've gotta be kidding me. Carr has a strong arm and he's a good leader on the field. Also, he wouldn't be quite as expensive as signing Brees as a FA would have been, and he doesn't have that top-caliber status where if you brought him in, you'd HAVE to play him. I could see playing him for two years, and then reassessing whehter or not T-Jack is the direction to go.

LOL, i know that ran some people on this message board hot. :brickwall :bomb:

El Tejano
01-18-2007, 10:02 AM
Nothing personal, I was just stating off of what I saw. Not trying to be a jerk. I gave you props for your thoughts. I, as well as a million others have
been following the Texans extremely closely prior to them ever making their first draft pick. Just haven't been on the forum. By the way, what is your join date? I couldn't find it. lol

I know you weren't. After I posted I realized it might sound like I was retaliating. I was hoping you would respond so I could let you know it's all good.

What do you think of my thoughts though?

Vinny, BTW, I just picked up my eyes off the floor.

ubecool454
01-18-2007, 10:40 AM

you won't hear anything about a carr trade until after the superbowl..and when free agency starts.

ubecool454
01-18-2007, 10:55 AM

no more fresno state QBS..please.:secret:

TwinSisters
01-18-2007, 03:49 PM
no more fresno state QBS..please.:secret:

O yeah... I wonder if Dilfer is still on the market?

We could have picked him up as player/coach and saved a buck or two.

tsip
01-18-2007, 04:28 PM
I didn't want to start another carr thread, but here's a snippet from a Chron article from Mcnair speaking of Kubiak and Smith. Let's hope Mcnair practices what he preaches. The rest of the article left me with something to be optimistic about.

I agree. Our franchise has not been very flexible since day one, and I was hoping that would change with Kubiak...unfortunately, that has not been the case.

Too, though, we hear a lot of 'feel good' statements like the above that never reach 'reality'--for examples, go back and read some of Gary's press clippings when he was first hired on what some of his coaching philosophies 'were/are'?????...sure sounded good at the time.

Malloy
01-18-2007, 06:46 PM
Dang Mexican Texan you have averaged over 11.5 post per day since you joined, that's awesome.

As Lenin once said, quantity is also a sort of quality :)

VY's Crib U Jus payn Rent
01-18-2007, 09:05 PM
If you have a beat up piece of crap car and try to trade it you won't get 5hit for it same applies to Carr.

Memo to Texan Fans - you must have something of value i.e., something people want in order to be able to trade it...

Please

New_Texans
01-18-2007, 09:59 PM
You know, Im not going to kill myself if D-Carr is still our QB next year.

TexanFan881
01-18-2007, 10:06 PM
You know, Im not going to kill myself if D-Carr is still our QB next year.

Same here. I honestly don't want to get rid of him until we get someone else who is capable of doing just as good or better than him.