PDA

View Full Version : LT "patriots are classless"

stingray
01-14-2007, 08:56 PM
LT said that the Patriots are classless. He said that the patriots celebrated in his face. Maybe he was frustrated. I really don't know what happened, but LT seemed a little ticked off in his post game interview.

PapaL
01-14-2007, 09:04 PM
He was about to brawl to with one of them after the game. I totally agree with him. I despise the Pats.

Silver Oak
01-14-2007, 09:06 PM
Losing sucks, and football's a tough game.

He'll probably wish later that he had cooled down a bit before he spouted that.

torontooilfan
01-14-2007, 09:08 PM
Maybe they are, but until a team actually steps up and beats them with clutch football, (which the Chargers simply refused to play late in that game when they had their shot to deliver a death blow to the Pats) I'd be arrogant too if I were them at this point. That's a dynasty that keeps on chugging. (ARRRRRRRGHHHH)

axman40
01-14-2007, 09:11 PM
Some of the Pats were doing the Merriman dance on the Bolt at midfield after the game.
I love how if your guy does gyrations it's cool but Heaven forbid if someone else does it!
:ok:

hot pickle
01-14-2007, 09:19 PM
i agree with LT, the pats went and taunted him after the game when we was runnin off the field,

so "THE PATS ARE CLASSLESS"

V Man
01-14-2007, 09:32 PM
I loved his comment where he said maybe they act they way they do because of their coach.

kastofsna
01-14-2007, 09:38 PM
i tend to think that merroids stupid little sack dance is pretty classless in of itself. they deserve to get it shoved in their face.

GuerillaBlack
01-14-2007, 09:45 PM
LT was right.

hot pickle
01-14-2007, 09:48 PM
i tend to think that merroids stupid little sack dance is pretty classless in of itself. they deserve to get it shoved in their face.
then so was mario's ballin and everyone else that does a dance after a sack.

just cause you dont like him because of steriods, dont gotta single him out and say hes disrespectful

mexican_texan
01-14-2007, 09:53 PM
He was on steroids. He could donate money and I would criticize him on how he handed over the check.

Trapped
01-14-2007, 10:00 PM
LT is just bitter and salty.

lets be honest, when mario williams did that jump shot after the sack against the ny giants. did we call him classless?? no!

kastofsna
01-14-2007, 10:01 PM

just cause you dont like him because of steriods, dont gotta single him out and say hes disrespectful
i'm just saying they're the same thing. if one act is disrespectful, so is the other.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
LT is one of the most respected and classy guys in the league. He doesn't showboat and does everything with a quiet confidence. I'll have to trust him if that is what he said. I'd have to agree with him after seeing the way the Pats ended it. They should just be happy they were given the game.

hot pickle
01-14-2007, 10:02 PM
LT is just bitter and salty.

lets be honest, when mario williams did that jump shot after the sack against the ny giants. did we call him classless?? no!

there yeah go, and you guys are to into other players business he made the mistake and paid for it, and if he does it again he will pay more, so get off his case, cause its not your problem

J-Storm
01-15-2007, 05:28 AM
As much of a fan as I am of Tomlinson (I have a secret lil' mancrush on him after this season I'm beginning to admit), it's like people who used to criticise Terrell Owens when he'd celebrate after a TD. You don't wanna see it, do EVERYTHING you can to stop it from happening, don't chew then spit out sour grapes afterwards. Sorry LT, but your boys had a chance to stop Brady and the Bunch but couldn't get it done (but your still my Man Crush for the time being...'til Brady wins another ring in 3 weeks)...

real
01-15-2007, 09:36 AM
L.T. should have waited and cooled down before he made those comments....

GuerillaBlack
01-15-2007, 09:57 AM
Nah, they needed to be said.

real
01-15-2007, 09:58 AM
Nah, they needed to be said.

Why ?

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 10:09 AM
LT sounds like a sore loser. I'm sure he'd be quiet about the incident if he was on the Patriots right now.

Big deal. The players did a little mock dance. Nothing worth crying over.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
01-15-2007, 10:11 AM
I knew that San Diego would probably end up losing Sunday just because of LT being on the cover of Sports Illustrated. The SI curse foils another great season!
I wouldn't call the Pats classless, although I would call them lucky. They are the luckiest team in the NFL. They never should have gone to the first Super Bowl that thye won. The Raiders clearly shut them down. But they lucked out and were given a field goal to win it. And since that time we have had to see nearly every show on ESPN kiss up on their ***** and say that they are the greatest thing since sliced bread. The Pats are just lucky, IMHO. And sickening.

:stirpot:

hot pickle
01-15-2007, 10:17 AM
LT sounds like a sore loser. I'm sure he'd be quiet about the incident if he was on the Patriots right now.

Big deal. The players did a little mock dance. Nothing worth crying over.

well clearly you didnt see what happened it wasnt just a lil mock dance, it was a full out huddle around LT and taunting and cheerin in his face

real
01-15-2007, 10:31 AM
well clearly you didnt see what happened it wasnt just a lil mock dance, it was a full out huddle around LT and taunting and cheerin in his face

really ?

I didn't see then end of the game, but from the re-plays it looked like L.T was trying to go after some people and was being held back...

You make it seem as if the Patriots surrounded him to a point where he felt threatened....

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 10:39 AM

I saw what happened, both after the game (live) and numerous re-runs on ESPN. LT went out of his way to try to stop the celebrations.

Do you doubt that he would have said NOTHING if the roles were reversed and it was his teammates celebrating a win?

Give me a break. People are drinking hatorade for the Patriots and it's clouding their judgement here. :tearup:

hot pickle
01-15-2007, 10:45 AM
the way i saw it, LT was tryin to go back to the locker room, some ignoret player on the pats came runnin by him and celebratin in his face, he went after that player and then a group of patriots surrounded LT and held him back, but you look at the faces of the pats and they were laughin and smilin in his face

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 10:49 AM
LT is one of the most respected and classy guys in the league. He doesn't showboat and does everything with a quiet confidence. I'll have to trust him if that is what he said. I'd have to agree with him after seeing the way the Pats ended it. They should just be happy they were given the game.

I'll just rebump my own thread. If anyone is hating it is Pat fan now. Just win with class and get off the field. There is a difference between game time celebration or running ont he field and being happy and doing a mid-field dance taunting other players and rubbing it in others faces. I didn't see SD do it last year when they crushed the Pats in NE.

WWJD
01-15-2007, 10:53 AM
Tomlinson has always conducted himself with a ton of class on the field; he's one of the very few offensive playmakers that gets in the endzone a ton that doesn't make a Hollywood production out of making a TD.

I would think his version of the story has some merit to it.

El Amigo Invisible
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
The Pats will have their hands full with an equally "classless" group in the Colts. From what I can remember, they have run the score up on us when the game was well out of reach!:ok:

HoustonFrog
01-15-2007, 10:55 AM
Tomlinson has always conducted himself with a ton of class on the field; he's one of the very few offensive playmakers that gets in the endzone a ton that doesn't make a Hollywood production out of making a TD.

I would think his version of the story has some merit to it.

EXACTLY!

Tale Gator
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
Pats 5 -- league MVPs 0

:shocked

PapaL
01-15-2007, 12:25 PM
You wanna talk trash talk it to the guys who talk trash. LT has always been humble and has never down talked an opponent. Much less one with 3 SB wins. Totally classless to mock a guy of his stature. Don't worry though, it'll fuel him all offseason long. And comig from a guy like Hobbs was it? Please. He doesnt even have SB ring.

OzzO
01-15-2007, 12:28 PM
PFT is quick with the picture. (personally, not pro / con this arguement - just find humor in it.)

http://www.profootballtalk.com/LTBaby.jpg

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-15-2007, 12:34 PM
They Patriots have become a classless team. I would agree with him.

SheTexan
01-15-2007, 12:36 PM
In the NFL you are damned if you do, and damned if you don't, when it comes to the fans anyway!! Everyone sits around and complains because the NFL has taken so much "fun" out of the game by penalizing celebrations. If the only time a team can get away with it is after the game, then more power to them, they deserve the right. JMO!!

The media, and a lot of the fan base, had already predicted the Chargers would win the SB this year! The Brady bunch went in and proved them all wrong! I saw the ending of the game as well, and everyone will interpret it the way they choose. IMHO, LT was a sore loser! I did not see any disrespect from the Pats. Again, it's just a matter of opinion!

BTW: Ever since I saw the Pats play in the SB here in Houston I have despised their fans! Some of the most obnoxious and rude people in the NFL. BUT, I still think a team has the right to celebrate a huge win!! As a fan, I might hate it, esp if my team lost, BUT, players deserve the right to show some emotion. JMO!!

mexican_texan
01-15-2007, 12:39 PM
"We don't get respect."

That line was used in what seemed to be every single press conference the Pats held. It got real old real quick. I haven't heard it in a year or two, but maybe because I'm tuning it out.

Maddict5
01-15-2007, 12:40 PM

mario did that b/c it was v the giants who invented the ballin dance

hot pickle
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
mario did that b/c it was v the giants who invented the ballin dance

and shawne and the chargers invented his dance, and hobbs mocked it, so whats the difference???
there aint no difference, but you just dont see it that mario did disrespect the giants, makes no difference weather hes a texan or not

The Dream
01-15-2007, 03:36 PM
I love how if your guy does gyrations it's cool but Heaven forbid if someone else does it!

the biggest difference is that Merriman does it "during" the game....I'd be a little pissed if "after" the game the oppossing team was mocking one of my teammates at midfield

WWJD
01-15-2007, 03:45 PM
I think basically it just boils down to the fact that Tomlinson has a lot of pride in his job, in his performance and you have to put yourself in his shoes.

He had just played a great game and his team lost.

To be there and see the opponent basically mocking your team, your teammates had to be a hard pill to swallow.

Basically when he's a classy player that just plays hard and doesn't get into all the "look at me" celebrations so many do.

I'm kinda old school. I like the players that make TD's and act like they've been there before and are doing the job they are paid for.

I mean nowadays a guy throws a guy for a 2 yard loss and he's out there gyrating and chest pounding and it's really not much of anything.

JUST PLAY!

PapaL
01-15-2007, 03:53 PM
I think basically it just boils down to the fact that Tomlinson has a lot of pride in his job, in his performance and you have to put yourself in his shoes.

He had just played a great game and his team lost.

To be there and see the opponent basically mocking your team, your teammates had to be a hard pill to swallow.

Basically when he's a classy player that just plays hard and doesn't get into all the "look at me" celebrations so many do.

I'm kinda old school. I like the players that make TD's and act like they've been there before and are doing the job they are paid for.

I mean nowadays a guy throws a guy for a 2 yard loss and he's out there gyrating and chest pounding and it's really not much of anything.

JUST PLAY!

*Chest Pounding as I type this*

Great post.

*Spiking the mouse*

Whats the saying; Act like you've been there before?

*Make believe raft rowing with keyboard*

Grid
01-15-2007, 03:54 PM
celebrating after scoring a TD is one thing. Shoving a win in the losing teams face afterwards is completely different.

Yelling, screaming, hugging, jumping..all that is fine.. but when you start taunting the losing team by doing "thier dance" on the team's symbol on the 50 yard line, you just crossed the line from "happy" to "classless".

LT had the right of it..and the Pats are lame for doing it.

The Dream
01-15-2007, 03:57 PM
^^^^word....those are the types of things that can escalade into brawls.

ib4texans
01-15-2007, 05:24 PM
and shawne and the chargers invented his dance, and hobbs mocked it, so whats the difference???
there aint no difference, but you just dont see it that mario did disrespect the giants, makes no difference weather hes a texan or not

The point is "what comes around goes around." If you don't want somebody to mock you with a stupid a** dance, then show some respect and don't start the stupid a** dance in the first place.

What Mario did was in response to the constant onslaught of Giants doing that ballin shot. If anyone noticed it slowed down a whole bunch after it was thrown back in their face.

Maybe the Patriots have put the cooler in the dumb "lights out dance." I do feel bad for LT, he has always conducted himself with class.

It's Merriman and Strahan and anybody that does a repeditive display that shows no class. I get sick of it after its repeated the second time.

The Dream
01-15-2007, 05:30 PM
^^^but that is DURING the game, I'm sure LT wouldn't have been angry had they did the dance during the game, but it was after they got beat.......

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 05:45 PM
celebrating after scoring a TD is one thing. Shoving a win in the losing teams face afterwards is completely different.

Yelling, screaming, hugging, jumping..all that is fine.. but when you start taunting the losing team by doing "thier dance" on the team's symbol on the 50 yard line, you just crossed the line from "happy" to "classless".

LT had the right of it..and the Pats are lame for doing it.

That's a very good point.

I think the dancing routine is lame for most instances, and very overused. I guess I've just grown accustomed to it all and put everything in the showboating category.

axman40
01-15-2007, 06:01 PM
Merriman did his freaking dance the first time he hit Brady, not sack him but hit him.
The Chargers should have won the game so FORGET THE FREAKING CHARGERS!
If they take care of business on the field no one will dance on their Bolt!

Grid
01-15-2007, 06:23 PM
why would anyone support immature, childish behavior like this?

Next time a bully beats up your kid, make sure you tell him that he is a weakling and he wouldnt have been beat up if he had just brought a knife to school.

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 06:25 PM
why would anyone support immature, childish behavior like this?

Next time a bully beats up your kid, make sure you tell him that he is a weakling and he wouldnt have been beat up if he had just brought a knife to school.

Seems to me that ESPN and their constant highlight reels are ruining team sports. Players now routinely celebrate after a simple special teams tackle! For crying out loud, what next? The waterboy starts dancing for a successful water squirt during a time out break?!

dirty steve
01-15-2007, 06:27 PM
i see it from both sides. maybe LT2 shouldn't have gotten all worked up over what his guy does all the time, but Pats should act like they've been there before, which they have.

StarStruck
01-15-2007, 09:48 PM
i see it from both sides. maybe LT2 shouldn't have gotten all worked up over what his guy does all the time, but Pats should act like they've been there before, which they have.

Exactly! It appears that anyone who has won three Superbowls would be above taunting.

I recall on one of the personal fouls that SD received I said that they needed to get control of their emotions. I felt that something dirty was going on with the Patriots, but it would be the Chargers getting set up and caught.

Maddict5
01-16-2007, 07:30 AM

where did i say the pats were wrong etc???
if you look at the post i responded to..it implied mario had created the ballin dance

hot pickle
01-16-2007, 08:12 AM
where did i say the pats were wrong etc???
if you look at the post i responded to..it implied mario had created the ballin dance

what??? he didnt create the ballin' dance, the giants got it from jim jones

Silver Oak
01-16-2007, 08:28 AM
^^^but that is DURING the game, I'm sure LT wouldn't have been angry had they did the dance during the game, but it was after they got beat.......

you mean kinda like VY acting the part of an ***** after the Texans game here...yanking off his helmet, proclaming the stadium to be his, and high fiving everyone within reach?

The remaining Texans that are here next season will remember that the next time they meet as well as the Chargers will recall the Pats actions.

GoPats
01-16-2007, 09:05 AM
LT's right. I mean...

1. The Patriots' best defensive player got suspended for four games this year because he cheated (that's right, cheated) and took steroids. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

2. The Patriots' had a DB arrested on federal drug trafficking charges back in September. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

3. The Patriots had a LB lost for the season because he was shot multiple times - by POLICE - while fleeing from them. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

He's right though. New England has no class. The Chargers are much better role models for young children.

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 10:05 AM
They played the whole incident over and over on Mike & Mike's tv show this morning. Merriman did his little dance after a routine tackle...which was a 2 yard gain by the Patriots. Yeah, nice place to celebrate, you did your job, Merriman. :ok:

Then they replayed a couple of Patriots players doing the dance right after the game winning FG. It was nowhere near LT, and he exploded and charged after them.

Mike & Mike/ESPN voters overwhelmingly voted for LT to "just shut up" after seeing the segment.

What I don't get is why didn't he just call out those specific players? Why go after the head coach, who did not instruct his players to mock Merriman, and was on the other side of the field?

SheTexan
01-16-2007, 10:12 AM
Exactly! I felt that something dirty was going on with the Patriots, but it would be the Chargers getting set up and caught.

You've got to be kidding!! The PAT's playing dirty?????!!!!!! The Charger's D is one of the "dirtiest" playing unit's in the NFL! JMO!

I'm not defending the Pat's because I like them either. I was actually pulling for SD. BUT, the Charger's were sore losers, pure and simple!!

hot pickle
01-16-2007, 10:18 AM
LT's right. I mean...

1. The Patriots' best defensive player got suspended for four games this year because he cheated (that's right, cheated) and took steroids. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

2. The Patriots' had a DB arrested on federal drug trafficking charges back in September. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

3. The Patriots had a LB lost for the season because he was shot multiple times - by POLICE - while fleeing from them. Oh, wait! That was the Chargers.

He's right though. New England has no class. The Chargers are much better role models for young children.

haha, here comes the pats fan all pissed off, hahahaha, bringin the chargers police issues in a thread about disrespect, hahaha

real
01-16-2007, 10:20 AM
They played the whole incident over and over on Mike & Mike's tv show this morning. Merriman did his little dance after a routine tackle...which was a 2 yard gain by the Patriots. Yeah, nice place to celebrate, you did your job, Merriman. :ok:

Then they replayed a couple of Patriots players doing the dance right after the game winning FG. It was nowhere near LT, and he exploded and charged after them.

Mike & Mike/ESPN voters overwhelmingly voted for LT to "just shut up" after seeing the segment.

What I don't get is why didn't he just call out those specific players? Why go after the head coach, who did not instruct his players to mock Merriman, and was on the other side of the field?

exactly.

hot pickle
01-16-2007, 10:32 AM

i think he took a shot at the coach because the coach should be tellin there guys to keep there heads after the game, he said that marty tells them before everygame that after the game act like you've been there before, but ill say that the pats had the right to celebrate, but i think that some of them went over bored by mockin the chargers, just do your own thing

GoPats
01-16-2007, 10:39 AM
haha, here comes the pats fan all pissed off, hahahaha, bringin the chargers police issues in a thread about disrespect, hahaha

Pissed off? I couldn't be less pissed off if I tried right now. I'm getting ready to watch the Patriots play the Colts on Sunday for a spot in Super Bowl 41.

My only point was that before he calls anyone classless, LT should take a look around his own locker room. Lots of people hate the Patriots. That's what happens when you're on top for so long. I'm also a Red Sox fan, so I can relate from both sides of the fence here.

hot pickle
01-16-2007, 10:56 AM
Pissed off? I couldn't be less pissed off if I tried right now. I'm getting ready to watch the Patriots play the Colts on Sunday for a spot in Super Bowl 41.

My only point was that before he calls anyone classless, LT should take a look around his own locker room. Lots of people hate the Patriots. That's what happens when you're on top for so long. I'm also a Red Sox fan, so I can relate from both sides of the fence here.

and what do off the field problems have to do with on field respect?

Mr. White
01-16-2007, 11:17 AM

I couldn't agree more.

I think that some of you guys are just siding with LT because he's LT.

When antics are over the top, they're gonna get mocked after the guy who does them gets shown up. That's the way it is and the way it's always been.

I just saw a documentary about Super Bowl I on Saturday. Fred "Hammer" Williamson from KC was talking big trash about the Packers the week before. He ended up getting knocked out cold making his only tackle of the game on Elijah Pitts' ankle.

"Hammer" was laying on the ground by the Packers' sideline and they were giving him all kinds of hell. He wouldn't get up until someone carried him off the field.

I would venture to say that Merriman's the classless one and he just got shown up. It happens.

Mr. White
01-16-2007, 11:22 AM

Almost forgot how respectful Merriman's seizure dance is.

GoPats
01-16-2007, 11:32 AM

This isn't about on-field respect. If LT feels disrespected, I'm sorry for him but he should be tougher than that.

Did you hear LT's comments yesterday? He said the Patriots are "classless" and that they're bad role models for kids. Yet Merroidman is suiting up a few lockers down from him?

LT had a bad moment and made it worse yesterday. I know y'all love him and whatever, but if you could be objective for two seconds you'd see that he's just being a whiny little spoiled brat. You lost LT. Get over it. Beat the team you're playing on the field and maybe they won't be dancing on it afterwards. Man up, for Chrissake...

GoPats
01-16-2007, 11:36 AM
I couldn't agree more.

I think that some of you guys are just siding with LT because he's LT.

When antics are over the top, they're gonna get mocked after the guy who does them gets shown up. That's the way it is and the way it's always been.

And "Bingo" was his name-o. Good post. Thanks.

Merriman did his "Roid Rage" dance after an incomplete pass where he hit Brady. The Chargers best defensive player is an acknowledged cheater and a shameless showboat. But the Pats have no class? Riiiggghhhttt...

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 11:37 AM
This isn't about on-field respect. If LT feels disrespected, I'm sorry for him but he should be tougher than that.

Did you hear LT's comments yesterday? He said the Patriots are "classless" and that they're bad role models for kids. Yet Merroidman is suiting up a few lockers down from him?

LT had a bad moment and made it worse yesterday. I know y'all love him and whatever, but if you could be objective for two seconds you'd see that he's just being a whiny little spoiled brat. You lost LT. Get over it. Beat the team you're playing on the field and maybe they won't be dancing on it afterwards. Man up, for Chrissake...

Honestly, I have been supporting L.T. here and I can see the point that Merriman does the same thing but I think alot of people are missing the point when it comes to winning with class. DURING games teams talk alot of crap. Merriman is annoying. Players jaw, dance, point, etc but after the gun, even in hard faught games most teams run off the field, shake hands, hug, pray, etc and leave with respect. You don't run to mid-field, mosck dances, get in guys faces and act like you haven't been there before. Sorry, but the Pats are a true champ and they should have known better. L.T. isn't crying, maybe he just does things differently. He can't police the league or his own team for that matter. People get looked down on for that. None of us knows exactly what was said or done but considering the guy, I give him the benefit.

Also, since when did Merriman and his dance have anything to do with anything?People dance in every game and you don't see the other teams running to midfield and mocking everyone they don't like.

axman40
01-16-2007, 12:01 PM
Honestly, I have been supporting L.T. here and I can see the point that Merriman does the same thing but I think alot of people are missing the point when it comes to winning with class. DURING games teams talk alot of crap. Merriman is annoying. Players jaw, dance, point, etc but after the gun, even in hard faught games most teams run off the field, shake hands, hug, pray, etc and leave with respect. You don't run to mid-field, mosck dances, get in guys faces and act like you haven't been there before. Sorry, but the Pats are a true champ and they should have known better. L.T. isn't crying, maybe he just does things differently. He can't police the league or his own team for that matter. People get looked down on for that. None of us knows exactly what was said or done but considering the guy, I give him the benefit.

Also, since when did Merriman and his dance have anything to do with anything?People dance in every game and you don't see the other teams running to midfield and mocking everyone they don't like.
UH LT was whining about the Pats mocking Merriman 's little seizure dance on the Bolt!

real
01-16-2007, 12:09 PM
LT should move on and forget about it...He was still talking about it 48 hrs. later...And he was talking about kids, and setting examples...He sounded so self-righteous....

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 01:06 PM

Dead on, I'll give LT the benefit of the doubt on this one only b/c since he's been in the league, he's
never shown any instance of selfishness or sore loosing. The only thing that i disagree with him on is when he said "maybe they get it from the coach" or something to that effect.

Belichick can be or at least looks like an ass, but that wasn't his doing. XXtruroyaltyX is right he should just move on.

Wolf
01-16-2007, 01:15 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MBy2pA-j9Zc

GoPats
01-16-2007, 03:10 PM
I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but Deon Sanders is right. LT was upset because he lost the game, period.

Mr teX
01-16-2007, 03:27 PM
I can hardly believe I'm saying this, but Deon Sanders is right. LT was upset because he lost the game, period.

That's great coming from a guy who made his living showing people up. Are u serious? "primetime" needs to shut his mouth on this one.

TexansLucky13
01-16-2007, 03:30 PM
LT was upset because he lost the game, period.

This is true. Nonetheless, LT has lost some respect from me saying that "maybe it comes from the head coach". For him to walk up there, say that he is "classy" and then say something like that is just retarded, IMO. LT did a fine job in that game, but they lost, and he needs to learn how to lose better.

LT is no longer the shining model of NFL player perfection in my eyes.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 03:34 PM
UH LT was whining about the Pats mocking Merriman 's little seizure dance on the Bolt!

I got that. My point was that he was peeved about them mocking it AFTER the game. The counter argument I have heard is .."well isn't Merriman's dance just as offensive." Well maybe but he does it during the game just like CJ does his planned TD dances and the giants shoot hoop, etc, etc but I never see people AFTER the game running out and mocking people. This is the first I've seen in a long time. So I can see where LT was coming from. I'm sure alot is frustration but the guy is probably one of the best examples of class and how to act like you have been there in the league and since we don't really know what was said to him, etc, I'll trust him on it. The only thing I can see him needing to back off is saying it is from the coach..although forearm shivers to cameramen, not shaking hands and scrub QBs throwing TDs isn't cool..:)All in all though I have looked up to the Pats franchise over the last few years so it isn't like this is the norm.

HoustonFrog
01-16-2007, 03:38 PM
This is true. Nonetheless, LT has lost some respect from me saying that "maybe it comes from the head coach". For him to walk up there, say that he is "classy" and then say something like that is just retarded, IMO. LT did a fine job in that game, but they lost, and he needs to learn how to lose better.

LT is no longer the shining model of NFL player perfection in my eyes.

Well he should be because there aren't too many people who game in and game out show themselves they way he does. They have lost other playoff games and games. As I said, the guy may have misspoke about the coach but obviously we weren't there to see what happened.

WWJD
01-16-2007, 03:56 PM
Oh well. Generally what goes around comes around.

One of these days somebody may dance on the little Patriot man and everybody there will be singing a different tune.

Generally when it's one of the players you like you think it's ok. When it's done to you by an opposing player it ticks you off.

It'll go round and round like this game after game just like it has year after year.

I still admire Tomlinson; it doesn't change my opinion of him at all. He's just an admirable young man. Wish more players were like him.

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 04:22 PM
From what I've gathered, San Diego players were talking a lot of trash in the week before the game. A lot of folks do not see how these things are linked, but players are human after all. They get called out, win a game, and in their mindless celebration, mock the team that was disrespecting them.

Two wrongs never make a right, but at the same time, there was a lot of bad blood between these teams well before the end of the game dance. Perhaps San Diego got what was coming to them...

LT's mistake was calling out the HC, because he had nothing to do with it. With regards to his 'role model' comments, he needs to take a look at his own team before throwing that stuff around so freely.

TexansSeminole
01-16-2007, 04:30 PM
From what I've gathered, San Diego players were talking a lot of trash in the week before the game. A lot of folks do not see how these things are linked, but players are human after all. They get called out, win a game, and in their mindless celebration, mock the team that was disrespecting them.

Two wrongs never make a right, but at the same time, there was a lot of bad blood between these teams well before the end of the game dance. Perhaps San Diego got what was coming to them...

LT's mistake was calling out the HC, because he had nothing to do with it. With regards to his 'role model' comments, he needs to take a look at his own team before throwing that stuff around so freely.

LT may not be aware of some of the things his teammates were saying or doing during the week before the game. I doubt he would say all that knowing his team had been talkin trash all week. Seems like a guy who is more interested in preparing rather than talking trash (or keeping up with who is).

Buckle
01-16-2007, 05:18 PM
LT I am going to have to say misspoke about being a reflection of the coach, but him being angry about players mocking the Chargers after the win on their MID-FIELD logo is completely justified. Look what happened to TO when he ran to the middle of the star DURING a game to celebrate a TD, he got put down and everyone thought that he deserved it. Why is it any different now, if anything it should be a bigger deal because they are mocking the team after a defeat! I have never seen LT be but the utmost upstanding NFL player in his entire career no matter if the Chargers won or lost.

hot pickle
01-16-2007, 05:53 PM
LT and Merriman none of these guys are behind you on this but i will be i dont care what kinds of drugs shawne takes or what kind of stuff LT says, i got yall, and F$#% the patriots and there dumb @$$ coach

Ckw
01-16-2007, 06:09 PM
LT I am going to have to say misspoke about being a reflection of the coach, but him being angry about players mocking the Chargers after the win on their MID-FIELD logo is completely justified. Look what happened to TO when he ran to the middle of the star DURING a game to celebrate a TD, he got put down and everyone thought that he deserved it. Why is it any different now, if anything it should be a bigger deal because they are mocking the team after a defeat! I have never seen LT be but the utmost upstanding NFL player in his entire career no matter if the Chargers won or lost.

Well said. I don't know about any of you but don't come on to my field and do a dance making fun of my teammate and expect me to just sit on the sidelines and laugh about it like it's no big deal. LT had two touchdowns in the game and did an excellent job. So I think the whole reason this thing got brought up by LT was because he got called out by the media for looking noticeably pissed after the game and looking ready to fight. I really don't think his point was to just bring this up for no reason. He was covering his own butt and explaining why he was pissed off in the first place. Personally, I would have liked it better if he and Merriman just ran out there and jacked up the guys dancing on the logo. I figure sometimes men need to solve their problems by letting their strength, size, and fighting ability do the talking. But I may just be old school in that regard....

texansfanquecaneh
01-16-2007, 06:59 PM

Excellent post. Couldn't agree more.

axman40
01-16-2007, 07:05 PM
Gee maybe LT should call out his Coach and OC how many carries did he have in the 2nd Half 8 or 9!
Marty Ball Just Lose Baby!
:stirpot:

Blu
01-17-2007, 12:23 PM
Oh yeah..Mr MVP is sooooooooo classy himself..:ok:
http://www.profootballtalk.com/LTRaiders.jpg
L.T. OPENS THE DOOR TO "CLASS" SCRUTINY

One of the realities of this new digital Internet age thing in which we now live is that most things any person with a public profile has ever done or said in public view are instantly available. Publicly.

With Chargers running back LaDainian Tomlinson suddenly the self-appointed hall monitor regarding matters of "class" in the NFL, a reader has sent us this photo of L.T., taken during training camp of 2005.

He just a big pampered MVP baby!
http://img149.imageshack.us/img149/9804/crybabyltzb2.jpg

Big Props to SRW @ http://www.gridironfans.com/images/GIFuserbar.jpg (http://gridironfans.com)

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 12:40 PM
He just a big pampered MVP baby!
[

Funny pic but people are reaching now. The guy is still the class of the league.

Blu
01-17-2007, 12:50 PM
Funny pic but people are reaching now. The guy is still the class of the league.

Next yr with Pete (USC) he'll be crying after another playoff loss.
We give these guys too much credit sometimes.

ib4texans
01-17-2007, 12:54 PM

Just out of curiosity, is he the class of the league because of his on the field activity or off the field activity?

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 01:00 PM
Just out of curiosity, is he the class of the league because of his on the field activity or off the field activity?

Both. I've watched his career since TCU. There isn't a person involved with that guy, including Schottenheimer, who hasn't said the same thing.."he is an even better person than player." On the field for his career he is one guy who runs hard, usually doesn't talk junk, has the respect of other players and if you ever watch all but one game of the year, never showboats and hands the ball to the ref after TDs. He is something most players should strive to be like....on and off. He made a comment and now people are acting like the guy just does this all the time and is a whiner. It is a joke. What he said had alot of merit. The only thing that I didn't like was the coach comment but having teams mock other teams and players after games is bush league, no matter the circumstances. People can dance, taunt, etc all game long for all I care but once the game is over, shake hands and leave. Even some Pats players have said it was wrong to do. It amazes me that with a league full of such punks and idiots that this guy gets grief after speaking his mind. It is like people have never watched his career.

ib4texans
01-17-2007, 01:13 PM
Both. I've watched his career since TCU. There isn't a person involved with that guy, incluiding Schottenheimer, who hasn't said the same thing.."he is an even better person than player." On the field for his career he is one guy who runs hard, usually doesn't talk junk, has the respect of other players and if you ever watch all but one game of the year, never showboats and hands the ball to the ref after TDs. He is something most players should strive to be like....on and off. He made a comment and now people are acting like the guy just does this all the time and is a whiner. It is a joke. What he said had alot of merit. The only thing that I didn't like was the coach comment but having teams mock other teams and players after games is bush league, no matter the circumstances. People can dance, taunt, etc all game long for all I care but once the game is over, shake hands and leave. Even some Pats players have said it was wrong to do. It amazes me that with a league full of such punks and idiots that this guy gets grief after speaking his mind. It is like people have never watched his career.

I don't fault your reasoning I think LT is a great person, Iv'e just read too many posts that have stated that a player's off the field activity has no merit. I think LT himself behaves with great class during game time. I will have to say that a "Lights Out Dance" after the final game of the season and taking away any chance at the SB is an appropriate analogy.

HoustonFrog
01-17-2007, 01:22 PM
I don't fault your reasoning I think LT is a great person, Iv'e just read too many posts that have stated that a player's off the field activity has no merit. I think LT himself behaves with great class during game time. I will have to say that a "Lights Out Dance" after the final game of the season and taking away any chance at the SB is an appropriate analogy.

I got ya. That's a good point......but alot of my problem with the dance is still when it was performed. Oh well. I just don't think the incident isn't enough to merit the reaction LT is getting.

ib4texans
01-17-2007, 01:30 PM
I got ya. That's a good point......but alot of my problem with the dance is still when it was performed. Oh well. I just don't think the incident is enough to merit the reaction LT is getting.

Yeah! we're on the same page, LT can get pissed, everyone should be allowed that. I think the criticizm takes place because it is a reaction wich rarely happens, and thus is put under a microscope.