PDA

View Full Version : Michael Turner in playoffs today.

El Tejano
01-14-2007, 06:33 PM
I thought I would watch to see how he played in his normal backup role and I got to say the TD run was kind of impressive because of the technique he uses. I really like how he runs square to the defender and lowers his shoulder pads.

I never really noticed his size and I got to say he is not a big guy but he is a solid guy and I wouldn't mind getting him. If we can pay big bucks for Todd Wade, Robaire Smith and Morlon Greenwood we should be able to shell out the bucks for this guy.

HoustonFrog
01-14-2007, 06:35 PM
I thought I would watch to see how he played in his normal backup role and I got to say the TD run was kind of impressive because of the technique he uses. I really like how he runs square to the defender and lowers his shoulder pads.

I never really noticed his size and I got to say he is not a big guy but he is a solid guy and I wouldn't mind getting him. If we can pay big bucks for Todd Wade, Robaire Smith and Morlon Greenwood we should be able to shell out the bucks for this guy.

He does run hard and gets underneath people to get the extra yards.

awtysst
01-14-2007, 06:36 PM

I would rather pay big bucks for Asante Samuels, Lance Brigg, Nate Clements(sp)

El Tejano
01-14-2007, 06:45 PM
I would rather pay big bucks for Asante Samuels, Lance Brigg, Nate Clements(sp)

Brigg did show alot today also and Samuels isn't doing too bad either. My point is that we don't really know what kind of impact turner could have on our team like Wade, Greenwood etc... when we were signing them. If that is the case we can still go for Turner.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-14-2007, 08:10 PM
Not only would you have to pay a hefty dollar for Michael Turner, you would also have to shell out a 1st and 3rd round pick to the Chargers in order to sign him. Remember, he is only a RFA.

El Tejano
01-15-2007, 11:24 AM
Okay Asante Samuels needs to be on speed dial too!!!! That was pretty clutch what he did and if memory serves correct, getting him would move Dunta to the right side CB spot where he had a terrific rookie season.

MorKnolle
01-15-2007, 09:28 PM
Okay Asante Samuels needs to be on speed dial too!!!! That was pretty clutch what he did and if memory serves correct, getting him would move Dunta to the right side CB spot where he had a terrific rookie season.

That would be awesome if we can pull him in. I doubt the Patriots will let him go, but at the same time they've never been a team to pay a lot of money to keep their free agents around. However, after winning 2 Super Bowls and maybe a 3rd in just 4 seasons it would take a lot of money to bring him to a rebuilding team, but I'd seriously consider offering around $30 million over 5 years to bring him here. However, after the season he had this year and how he's played in the playoffs that might not be the top bid for him. We might have a better chance at getting Nate Clements since he lives here during the offseason and Eric Moulds is here, assuming that Moulds is happy with us and will give us a good endorsement. I'd probably prefer to get Samuels because I think he's a better pure shutdown CB, but he might end up being the one in higher demand.