PDA

View Full Version : Patriots-terrorism & Saints-katrina

Imatexanfan
01-14-2007, 11:17 AM
Now look guys I wasn't going to bring this up at all.........

I know we all still remember the World Trade Center going to the ground in 2001, yes so that year all of a sudden it started the "New England Patriots Dynasty". But that year I was thinking is this a conspiracy of some sort then I just shrugged it to the side you know thinking nothing big of it. The year before that the Pats sucked and every year before that one.:tease:

But after last night with the Saints winning after a massive hurricane ripped through their town and completely tore eveything up, they are winning. The Saints have always been an awful team except for this year which to me is kind of weird.

Now that being said, I have to ask I ain't the only one thinking like this right?! With the Pats starting to win it after WTC and then the Saints after Katrina is just getting to me, you know what I'm sayin?!:shades:

tulexan
01-14-2007, 11:30 AM
The Saints were actually supposed to be pretty good last year before Katrina hit. The 3-13 record was kind of like when the Spurs had a bad season and got Tim Duncan.

There is no conspiracy to have the Saints win the Super Bowl just like there is no conspiracy for the Texans to pass on Reggie Bush so that the Saints could take him. If that was the case, Casserly would have been given the job that he wanted in the league office instead of working with CBS.

Revolution
01-14-2007, 11:36 AM
To me it is more like...they got a healthy Duece back, signed Brees and got a good young coach. Yes, Bush has helped, but not as much as I would have thought at the beginning of the year. That is what I see. Not a conspiracy.

tulexan
01-14-2007, 11:38 AM
And if anything, the parallel would have been the Saints doing well last year. The Patriots won the Super Bowl just months after 9/11, not a year and half later.

Lucky
01-14-2007, 11:50 AM
...I have to ask I ain't the only one thinking like this right?! With the Pats starting to win it after WTC...is just getting to me, you know what I'm sayin?!:shades:
I don't know what you're saying. The WTC was in NYC. Why wouldn't it be the Jets or Giants that went on a roll if there was such as conspiracy? Or even the Skins (considering the Pentagon)? What did the Pats and the WTC have in common?

You probably should have followed your first instinct.

axman40
01-14-2007, 11:54 AM
Nothing about it here http://conspiracy.com/

:tease:

rmartin65
01-14-2007, 12:17 PM
I don't know what you're saying. The WTC was in NYC. Why wouldn't it be the Jets or Giants that went on a roll if there was such as conspiracy? Or even the Skins (considering the Pentagon)? What did the Pats and the WTC have in common?

You probably should have followed your first instinct.

The name Patriots probably.

Imatexanfan
01-14-2007, 03:42 PM
The name Patriots probably.

exactly

Speedy
01-14-2007, 04:53 PM
I'll pass on whatever it is you're drinking....or smoking.

El Tejano
01-14-2007, 05:29 PM
I'll pass on whatever it is you're drinking....or smoking.

I agree with that. I'll pass.

I don't think it had anything to do with those teams getting to the playoffs and getting that far but i do believe it can effect the out come of the championship games. NFL is all about drama too.

One thing that I've started thinking since last season is that any curse/losing spirits that The Sainst had was wiped away by the Katrina Hurricane, and it came along to Houston with those that made the move over to Houston. Noticed how they stayed in the Astrodome, only yards away from Reliant?

Imatexanfan
01-14-2007, 07:50 PM
And to add guess what, the Pats just might go to anther SB, wow.

DenverBorn
01-14-2007, 07:56 PM
Well let's see, what did the Saints do?

1. Drafted an all-pro left tackle with the 13th pick in the 2005 draft. I'm trying to remember who traded the pick to them - oh yeah, it was the Texans

2. Drafted an immediate impact playmaker to add more dimensions to their offense

3. Signed a great, first rate quarterback

and voila, they are in the NFC Championship game

OrangeCountyTexansFan
01-15-2007, 10:19 AM
I won't say there is a conspiracy or anything, but sometimes I do think money is changing hands under the table when it comes to NFL games. There are people in the shadows with big bucks that can make teams win or lose. Not sure if it is mafia (or whatever they call themselves nowadays) based or not, but money still talks.
They ripped on these type people a little bit in "Payback" when Kris Kristofferson's character is speaking to his son about the boxing match. Kris says that his money is on one of the boxers. His son says that the other boxer is highly favored. Kris just grins and says: "Son, that has nothing to do with it."

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 10:42 AM
This just in: the Patriots and Saints are good teams. :howdy:

It's a striking coincidence, but that's all it is, IMO.