PDA

View Full Version : Call out to other Cowboy fans in dire times such as these..

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-14-2007, 12:38 AM
It seems like every day there are new threads about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. Not even Cowboys legends are exempt from this any more. It's more prevalent than Paris Hilton tabloid stories.

The threads are everywhere, and they're beyond annoying. Why are they annoying? Because Cowboys are not soft. Cowboys were rough, tough, hardened men who busted their butts. Save that lace panties stuff for the teams that need it. They wipe their tears away with scented Kleenex. We wipe away our sweat with cactus and pick our teeth with the thorns.

I have some advice for those who get upset by this hatred and bias. It's real simple, embrace the hatred. Soak it up. Revel in it. Let it put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off no matter how hard they rub. Hell, dance if you've got rhythm, or even if you don't but could give a crap who's watching.

Do anything but whine about some new hatred or bias. It isn't new. Not by a long shot.

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it? Because no one hates a doormat. Be serious for a minute, how many of you have ever heard of someone who hates the Detroit Lions? They're a doormat. Well, folks no one wipes their feet on the Dallas Cowboys. We kick back. With spurs on our boots.

It's real simple math. No one hates the doormats because they don't matter. They don't sell. There's no sex appeal.

Folks, the Dallas Cowboys are sexy, and sex sells. Everything about the Cowboys sells. We're right smack dab in the middle of the country and the football world revolves around us. Don't believe it? Look at the TV ratings and do the math. We sell. The Dallas Cowboys being good is good for the NFL. Bet on it.

Why do other nations hate America? Because we're the biggest, baddest cats on the planet. There's more money here. There's more excitement. There's more opportunity. None of that is bad, so why do they hate us? Because looking up hurts their necks, and they're cranky as hell.

If America is the cream of the crop, then America's Team is too. That's what that nickname was meant to portray. The best. People hate the best. Let 'em.

Haven't you ever noticed how that nickname infuriates some people? It's just a freaking nickname for crying out loud. No one decries the "Purple People Eaters." How can cannibalism not be offensive? Because there's no prestige in it. No one is trying to get that nickname. America's team? Everyone wants it. Too damn bad, that's ours. Keep your grubby hands off or you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Opposing team's fans will tell you that the nickname is offensive, but look how many of them want it for themselves. This year we were encouraged to loan the nickname to New Orleans because of their rebuilding from Katrina. The team in our Nation's capital wants the nickname. The Steelers have laid claim to it. So have the Packers. So have the Jets and Giants after 9/11. So have the Patriots. It's a redundant theme. Not even baseball teams like the Braves or Yankees have been able to pry that moniker away from the Cowboys. Nor the Lakers or Celtics in basketball.

You want to know why none of them ever get to use that nickname? They can't earn it. Love us or hate us, the Cowboys earned the nickname America's Team. How can I say this? Simple, have we ever lost it? Even when we were doormats the name was used. The media still loves to use it. Even while they stir the haterade.

Let 'em stir it. It means we matter. Some of you want a media who fawns over us and praises every move. I don't understand that. The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

The only time any of us should mention the hatred is when our players are passed over for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is offensive. The rest of it is butter and gravy. Pour it on and make it thick. Leave the whine and cheese to the lace panties crowd.

Embrace the hatred I tell you. You can't believe how good you will feel. You'll stand taller because your back will be straighter without all that guilt on your shoulders. Who wants that guilt and crap that political correctness wants you to swallow? The hell with that, throw it up. Stick your finger down your throat if you have to. That diet is for wussies.

Not only will your back be straighter but you will enjoy the melodic sound of the clanging of brass below your belt.

Quit screwing around with the mock shock and just embrace the hatred. Save the drama for mama and man up. When you're walking down the street in your Cowboys gear and someone says "Dallas sucks" to you, grin at 'em with your best smirk and say back to them, "Hate all you want. I eat it for breakfast."

edo783
01-14-2007, 01:20 AM
Oh good grief, now the clodplop fans are slurping themselves.

mexican_texan
01-14-2007, 02:05 AM
Romo choked.

TwinSisters
01-14-2007, 02:31 AM
I just want to make a confession too...

I haven't cried in a football game in over 20 years. I think the last time I did, I was on the bottom of a ten ox pile up, struck with the stark and sudden realization that I was slightly bovinaphobic.

When Romo slipped the snap and little Grammatica stuttered stepped, I swear to God, a little tear rolled down my cheek.

GuerillaBlack
01-14-2007, 05:30 AM
Get a life. All that from two threads. You Cowboy fans need to stop thinking you are the best. Too cocky.

NederlandTexan
01-14-2007, 08:58 AM
Let me add this to the pile of reasons to dislike cowboy fans. Y'all lost, get over it. Also, Irving has America's Team because you either love them or you hate them. And there are lots of people who love to watch them lose. Troll away.

OzzO
01-14-2007, 11:01 AM
huh? Anyone else not following the reason of this thread?

gwallaia
01-14-2007, 11:07 AM
This is a Texan board. We can insult the Cowboys all we want.

shinerbock_girl
01-14-2007, 11:40 AM
You lost, get over it!!!! End of story.

Wolf
01-14-2007, 11:45 AM
FYI Cowboys didn't come up with America's team, NFL films did.

Reason Cowboys are popular are you either love them or hate them.. People watch the Cowboys to see them get beat or see them win (depending on which side of the fence you are on)

cuppacoffee
01-14-2007, 12:04 PM
blah blah blah...:yawn:

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it?

Let me see....:hmmm: .... because you have no choice?

The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

Happy to oblige, keep hanging around on the Houston Texan message board

"

You should do your :crying: on a cowgirl message board.

:coffee:

StarStruck
01-14-2007, 03:48 PM
I think the post ended up here because the forum is "The Naitonal Football League."

I've read through the why we love the Cowboys and the reason why many hate the Cowboys. I'm resigned to it being one of those facts of life and all the questioning, explaining, etc. isn't going to change it either way. It isn't going to change how I feel about or support the Texans or any other team.

I don't really hate any team although their are some I don't care for due to the rivalries, but at the same time if a relative, student, or someone I know personally end up on one of those teams I know that I will have an attitude adjustment.

Given that I will be a lifelong Cowboys fan, I've found a way not to really care what anyone thinks, otherwise too many will be controlling my emotions.:)

Stampede
01-15-2007, 02:11 AM
It seems like every day there are new threads about who is biased against or hates the Dallas Cowboys. Not even Cowboys legends are exempt from this any more. It's more prevalent than Paris Hilton tabloid stories.

The threads are everywhere, and they're beyond annoying. Why are they annoying? Because Cowboys are not soft. Cowboys were rough, tough, hardened men who busted their butts. Save that lace panties stuff for the teams that need it. They wipe their tears away with scented Kleenex. We wipe away our sweat with cactus and pick our teeth with the thorns.
I have some advice for those who get upset by this hatred and bias. It's real simple, embrace the hatred. Soak it up. Revel in it. Let it put a smile on your face that can't be wiped off no matter how hard they rub. Hell, dance if you've got rhythm, or even if you don't but could give a crap who's watching.

Do anything but whine about some new hatred or bias. It isn't new. Not by a long shot.

Some of us have embraced this hatred for years. On cold nights it keeps us warm. You want to know why we accept it? Because no one hates a doormat. Be serious for a minute, how many of you have ever heard of someone who hates the Detroit Lions? They're a doormat. Well, folks no one wipes their feet on the Dallas Cowboys. We kick back. With spurs on our boots.

It's real simple math. No one hates the doormats because they don't matter. They don't sell. There's no sex appeal.

Folks, the Dallas Cowboys are sexy, and sex sells. Everything about the Cowboys sells. We're right smack dab in the middle of the country and the football world revolves around us. Don't believe it? Look at the TV ratings and do the math. We sell. The Dallas Cowboys being good is good for the NFL. Bet on it.

Why do other nations hate America? Because we're the biggest, baddest cats on the planet. There's more money here. There's more excitement. There's more opportunity. None of that is bad, so why do they hate us? Because looking up hurts their necks, and they're cranky as hell.

If America is the cream of the crop, then America's Team is too. That's what that nickname was meant to portray. The best. People hate the best. Let 'em.

Haven't you ever noticed how that nickname infuriates some people? It's just a freaking nickname for crying out loud. No one decries the "Purple People Eaters." How can cannibalism not be offensive? Because there's no prestige in it. No one is trying to get that nickname. America's team? Everyone wants it. Too damn bad, that's ours. Keep your grubby hands off or you'll pull back a bloody stump.

Opposing team's fans will tell you that the nickname is offensive, but look how many of them want it for themselves. This year we were encouraged to loan the nickname to New Orleans because of their rebuilding from Katrina. The team in our Nation's capital wants the nickname. The Steelers have laid claim to it. So have the Packers. So have the Jets and Giants after 9/11. So have the Patriots. It's a redundant theme. Not even baseball teams like the Braves or Yankees have been able to pry that moniker away from the Cowboys. Nor the Lakers or Celtics in basketball.

You want to know why none of them ever get to use that nickname? They can't earn it. Love us or hate us, the Cowboys earned the nickname America's Team. How can I say this? Simple, have we ever lost it? Even when we were doormats the name was used. The media still loves to use it. Even while they stir the haterade.

Let 'em stir it. It means we matter. Some of you want a media who fawns over us and praises every move. I don't understand that. The hatred is good. Long live the hatred of the Dallas Cowboys. Bring it on.

The only time any of us should mention the hatred is when our players are passed over for the Pro Football Hall of Fame. That is offensive. The rest of it is butter and gravy. Pour it on and make it thick. Leave the whine and cheese to the lace panties crowd.

Embrace the hatred I tell you. You can't believe how good you will feel. You'll stand taller because your back will be straighter without all that guilt on your shoulders. Who wants that guilt and crap that political correctness wants you to swallow? The hell with that, throw it up. Stick your finger down your throat if you have to. That diet is for wussies.

Not only will your back be straighter but you will enjoy the melodic sound of the clanging of brass below your belt.

Quit screwing around with the mock shock and just embrace the hatred. Save the drama for mama and man up. When you're walking down the street in your Cowboys gear and someone says "Dallas sucks" to you, grin at 'em with your best smirk and say back to them, "Hate all you want. I eat it for breakfast."

No offense, but are you sure thats sweat that your wiping?..Sounds more like a bad case of diarrhea.

YellerLotYeller
01-15-2007, 03:13 AM
Ahhh...nothing beats the sound of a cowgirl fan crying.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-15-2007, 01:53 PM
I guess none of you guys even understood the point of the post.. keep the hate coming! I'm embracing it.

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-15-2007, 02:32 PM
I stopped reading after the first paragraph. No one wants to hear you whine.

Romo choked. He's lucky to be even sniffing the Pro Bowl. He's just a spark that will never turn into fire.

WWJD
01-15-2007, 02:42 PM
Romo did fine for a guy coming off the bench. Up to that point of the season it was obvious the Cowboys were going nowhere and he was the catalyst that got them into the playoffs.

As an aside and not that any of these guys know a THING about football but to a man each of the FOX sports guys (Bradshaw, Long and Johnson) all said Romo would be fine.

But of course we here on the message board know far better than any of them don't we?

ROCKY
01-15-2007, 02:46 PM
I guess none of you guys even understood the point of the post.. keep the hate coming! I'm embracing it.

Well then you must be the happiest guy in town!

The Cowboys are SOFT IN THE HEAD, they are talented, but they choke in every big game they play, and they dont get up for the games they should win.

I at least respected the Aikman teams, because they were built the right way. They were all obviously hard workers who were devoted to winning, and devoted to the team. Ever since those guys started to retire from the game, Uncle Jerry has just thrown money at the problem, trotting in every used up, big name has been under the sun. So as a result the team has stayed in a state of suspended crappiness for years.

The Dallas Cowboys dont suck...They are just a bloated, rotting corpse. They are classless and have absolutely no respect for the history of the organization. Uncle Jerry showed that the only part of the Cowboy tradition he cares about is the winning part...and he has succeeded, but at the cost of what made them America's team in the first place...good riddance.

WWJD
01-15-2007, 04:18 PM
Well then you must be the happiest guy in town!

The Cowboys are SOFT IN THE HEAD, they are talented, but they choke in every big game they play, and they dont get up for the games they should win.

I at least respected the Aikman teams, because they were built the right way. They were all obviously hard workers who were devoted to winning, and devoted to the team. Ever since those guys started to retire from the game, Uncle Jerry has just thrown money at the problem, trotting in every used up, big name has been under the sun. So as a result the team has stayed in a state of suspended crappiness for years.

The Dallas Cowboys dont suck...They are just a bloated, rotting corpse. They are classless and have absolutely no respect for the history of the organization. Uncle Jerry showed that the only part of the Cowboy tradition he cares about is the winning part...and he has succeeded, but at the cost of what made them America's team in the first place...good riddance.

Strange you would use the analogy of the "Aikman" teams because those were the teams that had most of the players on them that got the Cowboys so much bad publicity. Their best teams no doubt but hardly devoted just to winning and the Cowboy tradition.

It's well know that Coach Landry turned a blind eye to the malcontents on the teams he coached; for the most part the Cowboys were driven to the mass success in marketing they shared in those years because of Tex who was a genius at what he did. Landry made them what they were as a team but Tex made them what they became as a product.

And it is Jerry's main job to sell the team as a product. They are his business. And on that level he's done a great job.

ROCKY
01-15-2007, 04:30 PM
Strange you would use the analogy of the "Aikman" teams because those were the teams that had most of the players on them that got the Cowboys so much bad publicity. Their best teams no doubt but hardly devoted just to winning and the Cowboy tradition.

It's well know that Coach Landry turned a blind eye to the malcontents on the teams he coached; for the most part the Cowboys were driven to the mass success in marketing they shared in those years because of Tex who was a genius at what he did. Landry made them what they were as a team but Tex made them what they became as a product.

And it is Jerry's main job to sell the team as a product. They are his business. And on that level he's done a great job.

I am not saying that the Aikman teams were a gang of choirboys, cause they werent. But on the field, Aikman, Emmit and Irvin were gonna do whatever it took, they had heart and courage in spades. As I said, I have always hated the boys, but I at least respected them as a football team.

There was no need to "sell the team" the team played with such determination you had no choice but to look up to them at least a bit.

That is why this team looks more like a gang of substitute teachers, they play with no heart or courage. Dont get me wrong, there are several players on the team that are really talented, They just seem...hollow somehow.

texanskan
01-15-2007, 04:55 PM
cowboys=irrelevant

That is what happens when you have not won a playoff game in over a decade.

The Texans are irrelevant too, but my money is on Houston winning a playoff game and being relevent sooner than Jerry's bunch.

dirty steve
01-15-2007, 06:50 PM
jerry jones is putting out feelers for the next chan gailey and dave campo's of the world.

Double Barrel
01-15-2007, 07:22 PM
I'm far from a Cowboys liker...or even sympathizer...stopped hatin' them so much when the Tennessee Titans were created...but I digress...

I can't deny their success, and as a lowly Texans fan, I don't feel right about calling out any other team*. They are simply one of the most successful teams in NFL history, and I guess I've hated on them all this time because of that, and because they were always a team that everyone jumped on the bandwagon to support.

I'm not a follower, so I could never jump on that bandwagon, even though many of my Cowboys-lovin' friends have been saving me a spot for years now. Matter-of-fact, Cowboys fans don't call each other out for being a "bandwagon fan". They tell me every new fan is welcomed with a big "howdy, what took you so long to join?". (I've even got a custom Cowbys jersey waiting for me - paid in full - but I just can't bring myself to do it....never!)

*except the Jaguars :heh:

shinerbock_girl
01-15-2007, 09:53 PM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/tn.jpg

Texans34Life
01-15-2007, 10:12 PM
This is a Texan board. We can insult the Cowboys all we want.

I second that.

I know this is a diverse forum of fans with favorites of other teams, but this is the Houston Texans forum.

Texans fans, like me, have it in our blood to hate/detest/dislike/loathe until we die.

Therapy for Dallas Cowgirls fans do not belong here. Take your Cowgirls crap here - Romo Choked (http://www.cowboys-suck.com/)

:texan: :fans: :texflag:

Huge
01-16-2007, 12:43 PM
That's a lot of typing.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-16-2007, 06:43 PM
I stopped reading after the first paragraph. No one wants to hear you whine.

Romo choked. He's lucky to be even sniffing the Pro Bowl. He's just a spark that will never turn into fire.

Well that’s a smart strategy.. Read only the first paragraph and post something that totally contradicts what the rest of the post says! Here’s some advice, read on..

Romo just a spark? I’d take Tony over Vince anyday. The difference between the two is Romo actually had the stats to back up the media hype that was given. Just thank your lucky stars it was Drew Bledsoe who lined up against the Titans and raped your defense for 30 points while Jerry Jones handed out autographs to the loving Titan fans.

I am not saying that the Aikman teams were a gang of choirboys, cause they werent. But on the field, Aikman, Emmit and Irvin were gonna do whatever it took, they had heart and courage in spades. As I said, I have always hated the boys, but I at least respected them as a football team.

There was no need to "sell the team" the team played with such determination you had no choice but to look up to them at least a bit.

That is why this team looks more like a gang of substitute teachers, they play with no heart or courage. Dont get me wrong, there are several players on the team that are really talented, They just seem...hollow somehow.

“No heart.” Please, give me a break.. and the Texans have more? You want passion? Look at how Romo reacted after the loss, look at how the rest of team supporting him through the tough times.. Now you can look at the reactions of the Cowboys after the Philly Christmas game as a bad thing, I see the opposite.. I loved that a squad that despite already clinching a playoff berth and being 5-2 in the last seven games-- they were that fired up.

You want “trotting up used ups?” Sorry, spare any Redskin comparisons with Dallas.. Roy Williams, Pat Watkins, Terence Newman, DeMarcus Ware, Brady James, Bobby Carpenter, Marcus Spears, Greg Ellis, Chris Canty—all draftees, all starters on the D. The ones that aren’t—Jason Ferguson and Akkin Ayodelle.. not exactly what I would call “big names.” How about the offense—Tony Romo, J.J, Barber, all of the o line except Rivera, Hoyte, Crayton.. draftees. The other two, okay, T.O. Doesn’t change the fact that your thesis of “buying our way in” is absolute B.S.

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 06:46 PM
I’d take Tony over Vince anyday.

whoah there, Hoss, let's not get emotional. :shades:

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-16-2007, 06:50 PM
whoah there, Hoss, let's not get emotional. :shades:

If the Texans made the decision of Carr>>Vince, Romo over Young is a no brainer.. :)

whiskeyrbl
01-16-2007, 06:55 PM
I just want to make a confession too...

I haven't cried in a football game in over 20 years. I think the last time I did, I was on the bottom of a ten ox pile up, struck with the stark and sudden realization that I was slightly bovinaphobic.

When Romo slipped the snap and little Grammatica stuttered stepped, I swear to God, a little tear rolled down my cheek.

Yeah me too. I was laughing my ass off.For a minute I thought we were gonna have to contact the emergency room to get oxygen, I couldn't catch my breath. It was a thing of beauty. Poor Cowlicks!!! Oh No I'm gonna start laughing again just thinking about it.

Double Barrel
01-16-2007, 07:03 PM
If the Texans made the decision of Carr>>Vince, Romo over Young is a no brainer.. :)

heh heh, ya' got me there! ;)

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-16-2007, 09:39 PM
Romo just a spark? I’d take Tony over Vince anyday. The difference between the two is Romo actually had the stats to back up the media hype that was given. Just thank your lucky stars it was Drew Bledsoe who lined up against the Titans and raped your defense for 30 points while Jerry Jones handed out autographs to the loving Titan fans.

Romo:
TDs: 19
INTs: 13
Yards: 3,105 (includes rushing)

Young:
TDs: 19
INTs: 13
Yards:2,752 (includes rushing)

Romo has T.O., Terry Glenn, and Jason Witten (2 Pro Bowlers, one arguably future hall of famer)

Vince had Drew Bennett and Brandon Jones. Not to mention our 3rd string TE. Plus, for the last two games against Buffalo and New England he had to play with the PRACTICE SQUAD tight ends. Not to mention we play in the much harder AFC and had the hardest schedule in the NFL.

Explain to me how Romo was more impressive?

mexican_texan
01-17-2007, 12:10 AM
Romo fumbled. Twice. The Cowboys lost.

Texans_Chick
01-17-2007, 12:47 AM
I have no hate.

Only loooooooooooove:

link (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tIhhgdNglek)

:grouphug:

ROCKY
01-18-2007, 02:45 PM
“No heart.” Please, give me a break.. and the Texans have more? You want passion? Look at how Romo reacted after the loss, look at how the rest of team supporting him through the tough times.. Now you can look at the reactions of the Cowboys after the Philly Christmas game as a bad thing, I see the opposite.. I loved that a squad that despite already clinching a playoff berth and being 5-2 in the last seven games-- they were that fired up.

Actually, yes, the Texans do have more heart than the cowboys.

This team was written off as soon as the draft pick went down. These guys were laughed at and spit on by alot of our own fans. They were absolutely destroyed by injury, but they came out and doubled their win total from last year anyways. With only a fraction of the talent and support, and being one of the youngest teams in the league, (with a first year head coach) went out there and only lost a few more games than your team.

Even once the season was lost, while all kinds of morons were begging for them to tank the season, they came out and finished with pride and yes...heart.

Maybe if your team had the heart of the Texans, they wouldnt have packed it in once the playoffs were assured and finished 0-3 (including the choke).

Hell, if your team had a fraction of even Mario Williams' heart, maybe you could have beaten the Lions at least.
:texan:

Showtime100
01-18-2007, 04:05 PM

This personifies the Cowboy fanbase, besides the team itself, what's to like here??

shinerbock_girl
01-18-2007, 04:47 PM
The American Medical Association has announced a new national symbol for choking. Please inform all of the people in your safety department.

OLD SYMBOL

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/148799592.jpg

NEW SYMBOL:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v321/texansgal8/141154923.jpg

cj5776
01-19-2007, 01:14 AM
As a Texans fan living Houston, I see three factors that lead to the Dallas free fall and choke. Zimmer never beleived in the 3-4, TO's hand was a much bigger factor than anyone realized, and Romo from a leadership stand point has some growing to do. All of which I do not see being a factor next year, so I see the Tuna and TO marriage being succesful in year 2. However I did not feel the usual fear of Parcells so maybe he has reached his end but somehow I doubt that.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-20-2007, 11:34 PM
Actually, yes, the Texans do have more heart than the cowboys.

This team was written off as soon as the draft pick went down. These guys were laughed at and spit on by alot of our own fans. They were absolutely destroyed by injury, but they came out and doubled their win total from last year anyways. With only a fraction of the talent and support, and being one of the youngest teams in the league, (with a first year head coach) went out there and only lost a few more games than your team.

Even once the season was lost, while all kinds of morons were begging for them to tank the season, they came out and finished with pride and yes...heart.

Maybe if your team had the heart of the Texans, they wouldnt have packed it in once the playoffs were assured and finished 0-3 (including the choke).

Hell, if your team had a fraction of even Mario Williams' heart, maybe you could have beaten the Lions at least.
:texan:

If the Texans had so much heart then why was there so many empty seats in Reliant through out the year?

They were absolutely destroyed by injury, but they came out and doubled their win total from last year anyways.

Amazing. Doubling their wins from a 2-12 season AND they were DECIMATED by injury! A tear just dropped from my eye..

With only a fraction of the talent and support, and being one of the youngest teams in the league, (with a first year head coach) went out there and only lost a few more games than your team.

They lost 5 more games than Dallas.. Sorry but that's not a "few" more games.. It's nearly a third of the season's worth.

The Cowboys went out in Seattle and fought hard. Julius Jones ran with heart and had 40 more yards than Sean Alexander, the D picked off Hasselback twice, rookie Bobby Carpenter had the finest game of his season, don't sell to me that the Cowboys played with no intensity. The Texans? Right, sitting on their couch at home.

Romo didn't speak to anyone for four days after Dallas lost in a heartbreaker of heartbreakers against the Redskins at mid-season.. I really can't imagine what's going through his head now. That's passion. The NFL better get ready next fall.

mexican_texan
01-20-2007, 11:37 PM
If the Texans had so much heart then why was there so many empty seats in Reliant through out the year?

They were absolutely destroyed by injury, but they came out and doubled their win total from last year anyways.

Amazing. Doubling their wins from a 2-12 season AND they were DECIMATED by injury! A tear just dropped from my eye..

With only a fraction of the talent and support, and being one of the youngest teams in the league, (with a first year head coach) went out there and only lost a few more games than your team.

They lost 5 more games than Dallas.. Sorry but that's not a "few" more games.. It's nearly a third of the season's worth.

The Cowboys went out in Seattle and fought hard. Julius Jones ran with heart and had 40 more yards than Sean Alexander, the D picked off Hasselback twice, rookie Bobby Carpenter had the finest game of his season, don't sell to me that the Cowboys played with no intensity. The Texans? Right, sitting on their couch at home.

Romo didn't speak to anyone for four days after Dallas lost in a heartbreaker of heartbreakers against the Redskins at mid-season.. I really can't imagine what's going through his head now. That's passion. The NFL better get ready next fall.
That's not passion by Romo, that's embarrassment and shame.

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-20-2007, 11:48 PM
That's not passion by Romo, that's embarrassment and shame.

Exactly my point. Alot of guys would shake off the loss like it's nothing, but Romo took it personal. I don't think I need to tell you what the Cowboys did those 5 weeks after that loss.

mexican_texan
01-20-2007, 11:55 PM
Exactly my point. Alot of guys would shake off the loss like it's nothing, but Romo took it personal. I don't think I need to tell you what the Cowboys did those 5 weeks after that loss.
What guy doesn't take choking personal?

and no, I don't want to know what the Cowboys did. I already checked the "I Can't Quit You Thread."