PDA

View Full Version : Draft Value

htownfoozball
01-12-2007, 04:44 PM
List all the players that are worth 1st, 2nd, and 3rd round grades at the following positions: RB/OL/S/CB/DT/DE/LB and then we can make different mock scenarios depending on which position we take in each round.

RB
1-Peterson/Lynch
2-Bush/Hunt
3-Irons

OT
1-Thomas/Gaither/Brown
2-Staley
3-

OG
1-Blalock

S
1-Landry/Nelson/Griffin
2-Meriweather/Weddle
3-Johnson

CB
1-Revis/Hall
2-Houston/Hughes/Bennett/Ross/McCauley
3-

DT
1-Branch/Akoye/Pitcock
2-Tyler/Harrell
3-Brown

DE
1-Adams/Anderson/Moses
2-Johnson/Moss/Abiamiri
3-Crowder/Spencer/Alama-Francis

LB
1-Willis/Timmons/Posluszney/Beason
2-Alexander/Everett
3-Burgess

Add,switch,subtract players as you see fit...I didn't add all the players, but you get the idea.

threetoedpete
01-12-2007, 04:56 PM
Katstranostra has beason as a first round guy. I'd think twice about under rating Beason. Might wanna add the gaurd prospects too a couple of them will go day one. There are a couple of nasty gaurds out there.

Top of round two is going to be a very hard choice between the LB and the corners.

Got no rep in the bank to give ya...but good job on the lists.

http://www.gbnreport.com/scoutsnotebook.htm

Here ya go bubba:

I watched him play every week for the last 2 years. After about 25 games of watching Zbikowski play, the one thing I can't figure out is how he is even given a first day grade let alone a first round grade.

Bubbajwp
01-12-2007, 05:04 PM
E Weddle S 2nd round and T Zibikowski S 2nd round

threetoedpete
01-12-2007, 05:09 PM
To each his own and all of that ...but yuck.

MorKnolle
01-12-2007, 06:05 PM
Very interesting idea. I think it's a little premature in the offseason to be doing this kind of thing and I haven't gotten a good enough look at a lot of these guys yet, but for the sake of playing along here's my list as of now in terms of where I think guys will end up being picked:

QBs
1st - JaMarcus Russell, Brady Quinn, Brian Brohm (if he declares)
2nd - Troy Smith (could sneak into late 1st but I doubt it at this point)
3rd - Drew Stanton, Kevin Kolb
Borderline 1st Day - Trent Edwards, John Beck, or someone else that rises up boards

RBs
1st - Adrian Peterson, Marshawn Lynch
2nd - Michael Bush
3rd - Kenny Irons, Tony Hunt
Borderline 1st Day - Gary Russell, Kolby Smith

FBs
3rd - Brian Leonard

WRs
1st - Calvin Johnson, Dwayne Jarrett, Sidney Rice, Ted Ginn (not sure I like him here but I think someone will take him)
2nd - Jeff Samardzija (baseball commitment will dictate draft position), Dwayne Bowe, Robert Meachem
3rd - Craig Davis, Paul Williams, Anthony Gonzalez
Borderline 1st Day - Johnnie Lee Higgins (his 40 time likely will determine his placement)

TEs
2nd - Zach Miller, Greg Olsen

OTs
1st - Joe Thomas, Levi Brown
2nd - Jared Gaither, Joe Staley, Ryan Harris
3rd - Arron Sears, Tony Ugoh (I think both are a better fit at OG)

OGs
1st - Justin Blalock
2nd - Ben Grubbs, Josh Beekman
3rd - Manuel Ramirez, Tim Duckworth
Borderline 1st Day - Marshal Yanda

OCs
2nd - Ryan Kalil
3rd - Doug Datish

DEs
1st - Gaines Adams, Jamaal Anderson, Quentin Moses
2nd - Charles Johnson, Adam Carriker, Victor Abiamiri, LaMarr Woodley (could push into the 1st as a 3-4 OLB)
3rd - Ray McDonald, Anthony Spencer, Dan Bazuin, Tim Crowder
Borderline 1st Day - Jay Moore, Baraka Atkins, Ikaika Alama-Francis

DTs
1st - Alan Branch, Amobi Okoye
2nd - Quinn Pitcock, DeMarcus Tyler
3rd - Brandon Mebane, Kareem Brown, Justin Harrell
Borderline 1st Day - Marcus Thomas, Turk McBride

LBs
1st - Patrick Willis, Paul Poslusny, Lawrence Timmons
2nd - Jon Beason, Rufus Alexander, Earl Everett, Buster Davis, David Harris, H.B. Blades
3rd - Tony Taylor, Justin Durant, Stewart Bradley, Anthony Waters, Desmond Bishop
Borderline 1st Day - KaMichael Hall, Juwan Simpson

CBs
1st - Leon Hall, Darelle Revis, Marcus McCauley
2nd - Chris Houston, Aaron Ross, Fred Bennett, Daymeion Hughes
3rd - Josh Wilson
Borderline 1st Day - Jonathan Wade, Eric Wright, Tarell Brown

S
1st - LaRon Landry, Reggie Nelson, Michael Griffin
2nd - Brandon Meriweather, Eric Weddle
3rd - Tom Zbikowski, John Wendling
Borderline 1st Day - Michael Johnson, Aaron Rouse

BTW yes I realize I only have 26 1st rounders listed, 31 2nd rounders, etc. I'll leave some room for other guys to emerge after the Combine.

threetoedpete
01-12-2007, 06:12 PM
there's the nasty garuds. Nice post MK can't argue with any of those. What it reads to me....we ain't getting a left tackle this year unless it is a move up or we take a prospect late day two. I would be interested in your take on Heyer of Maryland and the BYU guy as one of those guys ? Beerlover likes the Florida ST guy playing this weekend as a day two prospect. Mario Henderson ? Know your busy. Just interested in what you think.

threetoedpete
01-12-2007, 06:16 PM
I really banged on Jordan Palmer. I saw him in the one game he was absolutly horrible. I bet he is one of those guys that moves up the boards. He is a pure pocket passer. After Leftwich, I gotta feeling the statue guys are gointg to find it tougher to make a squad.

MorKnolle
01-12-2007, 06:17 PM
there's the nasty garuds. Nice post MK can't argue with any of those. What it reads to me....we ain't getting a left tackle this year unless it is a move up or we take a prospect late day two. I would be interested in you take on Heyer and the BYU guy as one of those guys ? Beerlover likes the Flarida ST guy playing thisw weekend as a day two prospect. Mario Henderson ? Know you bussy. Just interested in what you think.

Unfortunately I haven't studied offensive players a whole lot, I've just seen some of them in the process of evaluating defensive players, but I agree I don't see them getting a LT this year, I think the are sold on Spencer being their LT assuming he recovers from his injury. I think at some point they'll look for another OT that can be their swing guy (at least I hope they do, I don't want Ephraim Salaam as our 1st option if someone gets hurt), I've seen a little of Brandon Frye (Virginia Tech) and I think he'd be a decent fit as a 2nd day pick. Joe Staley is obviously very athletic but I haven't seen a whole lot of him yet either to comment on his overall talent, and as of now it sounds like he'll be a 2nd round pick so I don't know that we'd take one that high. As for interior linemen (I think the bigger weakness, again assuming Spencer returns), I've seen a lot of Ben Grubbs (LG for Auburn) and like him a lot, I saw Josh Beekman (Boston College) some and liked him, but I think if anything they'll look to address any urgent OLine problems in free agency and look for depth along OLine in the draft.