PDA

View Full Version : Kornheiser will return to MNF in 2007

Texans34Life
01-11-2007, 08:54 PM
Thu, 11 Jan 2007 11:25:40 -0800

Neil Best, of Newsday, reports ESPN will bring analyst Tony Kornheiser back to "Monday Night Football" in 2007. ESPN executive vice president Norby Williamson said, "Tony's one-of-a-kind perspective was an integral part of our record-setting, inaugural 'Monday Night Football' season. We are absolutely looking forward to his return."

OzzO
01-11-2007, 09:36 PM
oh puke.

guess that's my in depth analysis like I get from Tony, Tony, Tony.

mexican_texan
01-11-2007, 09:47 PM
Joe Theisman returns? Onoz.

beerlover
01-11-2007, 09:50 PM
I focus more on the games themselves, no big deal one way or another, besides Sunday Night games are better now (flexible schedule) anyway :)

nunusguy
01-11-2007, 09:55 PM
My only question is why ? The guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to
the subject of football. Especially NFL football. But in all honesty,
maybe ESPN management really doesn't care about his ignorance of the subject at hand ? Since they are from the same 'hood so to speak, he probably hangs out with them, and if he can read a teleprompter, well he's their guy for the job apparently.
And I watch PTI and find him funny at times, but would rather have Gary Schandling or Larry David across from Welbon. Either one of those guys
have a much better schtick than Kornheiser.

TexanSam
01-11-2007, 10:09 PM
I don't mind Kornheiser. I wish they would let go of Joe Theisman though. I can't stand the guy. I wish Theisman and Bob Costas would go into the same room together. They'd probably both explode. They can put Chris Collinsworth in there too. It would make the world a better place.

ccdude730
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
if i had to pick someone from PTI it would be wilbon. i wish they could make the switch.

cuppacoffee
01-11-2007, 10:23 PM
My only question is why ? The guy doesn't have a clue when it comes to
the subject of football. Especially NFL football. But in all honesty,
maybe ESPN management really doesn't care about his ignorance of the subject at hand ? Since they are from the same 'hood so to speak, he probably hangs out with them, and if he can read a teleprompter, well he's their guy for the job apparently.
And I watch PTI and find him funny at times, but would rather have Gary Schandling or Larry David across from Welbon. Either one of those guys
have a much better schtick than Kornheiser.

It seems to me that his only directive is to needle Theismann as much as possible.

Example:..Speaking about a player in one of the games.

Theismann " He catches the ball with his hands"
Kornheiser " As opposed to catching it with his feet?"..:tomato:

Those kind of digs are his forte in the booth. Nothing malicious...I enjoy it.

He does come across to me as having done his homework though.

:coffee:

threetoedpete
01-11-2007, 10:57 PM
Well I guess we're gonna have to kill him then . J/K

He certainly isn't Howard that's for sure. I understand the ebonics of Irving and Prime time. I do not understand "the ignorant everyman white elephant" in the booth thingy. I guess I'm just out of the main demographics now.

threetoedpete
01-11-2007, 11:09 PM
if i had to pick someone from PTI it would be wilbon. i wish they could make the switch.

Agreed that guy is at least interesting.