PDA

View Full Version : Demeco and Vince!

jbh1970
01-10-2007, 10:23 PM
Went to the Rockets game tonite and DeMeco and Vince were at the game. DeMeco sat in Leslie Alexander's seats. During half -time, Vince and his "guys" went to the Lexus Lounge with all the other VIP's and DeMeco stayed back and signed autographs for fans near him. What a gentleman!

Just another sign of a classy guy! By the way we won!

SamuraiSword
01-10-2007, 11:44 PM
Went to the Rockets game tonite and DeMeco and Vince were at the game. DeMeco sat in Leslie Alexander's seats. During half -time, Vince and his "guys" went to the Lexus Lounge with all the other VIP's and DeMeco stayed back and signed autographs for fans near him. What a gentleman!

That is pretty tight to see DeMeco as a Rockets fan! So I assume now that Vince has season tickets to the Rockets games because he has so far gone to three home games. :)

travfrancis
01-11-2007, 12:12 AM
That's really cool.

valleytexfan
01-11-2007, 12:16 AM
glad demeco is liking Houston...

Hutch13
01-11-2007, 12:35 AM
Nice to see that Demeco was signing autographs at halftime, what a classy thing to do.

Napa Auto Parts
01-11-2007, 01:30 AM
Well one of the reason VY might of skipped out on signing Autographs may be the people of fans asking forgot their cash and couldnt pay 50 bucks per autograph:stirpot:

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-11-2007, 01:43 AM
Well one of the reason VY might of skipped out on signing Autographs may be the people of fans asking forgot their cash and couldnt pay 50 bucks per autograph:stirpot:

Yeah right. At Titans training camp he signed every single autograph every single day.

YellerLotYeller
01-11-2007, 01:50 AM
Durring a break Clutch had both guys sign a gold football and thew it into the fans. It might already be on ebay.

Scooter
01-11-2007, 02:05 AM
Durring a break Clutch had both guys sign a gold football and thew it into the fans. It might already be on ebay.

i was there tonight and saw vince autograph a football that got tossed into the stands, but i cant say that i ever saw demeco.

YellerLotYeller
01-11-2007, 02:14 AM
i was there tonight and saw vince autograph a football that got tossed into the stands, but i cant say that i ever saw demeco.

They introduced Demeco first at mid court and he signed the ball...then he went to the corner and did the same with Vince on the same gold ball.

BigWig
01-11-2007, 07:59 AM

Cool, so for us out of towners who is leslie Alexander?

Texan_Bill
01-11-2007, 08:05 AM

Rockets Owner...

BigWig
01-11-2007, 08:12 AM
Should have known , thanks!

2BCF
01-11-2007, 04:28 PM
Yeah right. At Titans training camp he signed every single autograph every single day.

VY has always been courteous about autographs.

I find it funny(okay foolish) that people are hating on him, the guy pleaded to be our QB!

Johnny Utah
01-11-2007, 05:58 PM
I heard that when they announced Demeco he received a few cheers, but when they announced Vince the place erupted.

YellerLotYeller
01-11-2007, 06:20 PM
I heard that when they announced Demeco he received a few cheers, but when they announced Vince the place erupted.

Yea it was louder for VY...:bag:

hadaad
01-11-2007, 06:36 PM
VY has always been courteous about autographs.

I find it funny(okay foolish) that people are hating on him, the guy pleaded to be our QB!

Probably Mike Quinn pleaded to be our QB too. Doesn't mean he doesn't suck either.

MIKE QUINN KICKS BABIES.

See me hatin' on the playa!

Guy couldn't even get a starting job for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers over Kevin Glenn, a career backup IN THE CFL!

Who cares if Young pleaded to be a Texan? He's not a Texan, he's a division rival, and as such, will be the target of venom for years to come. Probably makes sense to get used to it, because I don't see it changing.

Scooter
01-11-2007, 07:10 PM
They introduced Demeco first at mid court and he signed the ball...then he went to the corner and did the same with Vince on the same gold ball.

well poo, that sucks that i completely missed seeing him, and i think a lot of folks in my area did too because nobody made a sound until vince was announced.

DenverBorn
01-11-2007, 09:18 PM
Who cares if Young pleaded to be a Texan? He's not a Texan, he's a division rival, and as such, will be the target of venom for years to come. Probably makes sense to get used to it, because I don't see it changing.

I think you are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy underestimating how many VY loyalists live in this town. I think you are the one who's going to have to get used to it..

hadaad
01-11-2007, 09:57 PM
I think you are waaaaaaaayyyyyyy underestimating how many VY loyalists live in this town. I think you are the one who's going to have to get used to it..

I am fortunate in the fact that I don't have to get used to anything.

1) I don't care one way or the other about Vince Young.
2) He's not the reason they were 8-8. Volek could have done as well or better in the same situation.
3) There aren't a whole lot of Vince Young enthusiasts/loyalists/brown-nosers in Edmonton.

I don't hate the fact that Vince Young beat us, for anything more than the fact that we lost. I didn't care if we drafted him, I didn't care if we didn't draft him. I want the team to win, regardless of who's on the roster. What I don't like is this "You all hate on da man, cuz he's da man, and he's from UT." Of course, I'm not terribly fond of the "Vince Young kicks puppies because he wants to beat the Texans twice a year. Not once but TWICE!" I don't think Young deserved to win the OROY, not because he's an evil Titan, but because Maurice Jones-Drew deserved it more. (And I HATE the Jags way more than I do the Titans)

I don't have any venom for Bud Adams beyond the fact that he took the Oilers away. He can draft whoever he wants, from wherever he wants.

I've got nothing to get used to. I'm used to the pro/anti Vince Young whiners already.

Vinny
01-11-2007, 10:00 PM
I am fortunate in the fact that I don't have to get used to anything.

1) I don't care one way or the other about Vince Young.
2) He's not the reason they were 8-8. Volek could have done as well or better in the same situation.
The Titans were 9-23 the two years pre-Vince Young and started 0-5 this year, and the Titans were last in defense...so I hate to tell you this...but yeah, he made a difference.

nunusguy
01-11-2007, 10:01 PM

What'd you expect ? Vince Young was a real honest-to-goodness legend in
these parts before anybody had an inkling that DeMeco Ryans would ever be
on the Texans roster.

hadaad
01-11-2007, 10:11 PM
The Titans were 9-23 the two years pre-Vince Young and started 0-5 this year, and the Titans were last in defense...so I hate to tell you this...but yeah, he made a difference.

Vinny, I thought you were a big "context-less stats mean nothing" guy. What does last in defense mean? Yards? Points? Scoring? Rushing? Passing? I guess I could look this stuff up, but I'm far too lasy (oops, I meant busy) for that.

If you say that he made a big difference, I'll admit, I listen to the football games, and the only Titans games I listened to were the ones they played against the Texans, and they won those, so I'll have to defer to you. You're usually not full of beans. I'm just saying that the Titans, defensively, and offensively, have better tools than we have, and they finished with 2 more wins. (those two against a team they have more talent than). I can't say that they would have won more or less with Volek who I've seen be very solid passing the ball. (and I've actually seen that)

And they were 0-5 with KERRY COLLINS (yeah, the racist) under centre. How did he do in Oakland?

Vinny
01-11-2007, 10:19 PM
Vinny, I thought you were a big "context-less stats mean nothing" guy. What does last in defense mean? Yards? Points? Scoring? Rushing? Passing? I guess I could look this stuff up, but I'm far too lasy (oops, I meant busy) for that.

If you say that he made a big difference, I'll admit, I listen to the football games, and the only Titans games I listened to were the ones they played against the Texans, and they won those, so I'll have to defer to you. You're usually not full of beans. I'm just saying that the Titans, defensively, and offensively, have better tools than we have, and they finished with 2 more wins. (those two against a team they have more talent than). I can't say that they would have won more or less with Volek who I've seen be very solid passing the ball. (and I've actually seen that)

And they were 0-5 with KERRY COLLINS (yeah, the racist) under centre. How did he do in Oakland?Last in defense means 32 teams played all year long and you were the worst unit in football.

I watched all the Tennessee games and Vince threw the ball DOWNFIELD unlike our QB who struggles with the intermediate throw. When I watch the Titans I see a dangerous QB that can beat you on any given play...Volek isn't any better than Cody Carlson.....pleeeeeze.

travfrancis
01-11-2007, 10:20 PM
wow, hadaad, you might not have to get use to anything but I do think you're in for an awakening if you think this whole vince young thing is just going to pass in the night. Then again maybe not, maybe you'll just be oblivious to it all.

hadaad
01-12-2007, 06:32 AM
Vinny: You sure do know how to make a compelling argument. "Last in defense means 32 teams played all year long and you were the worst unit in football." That's a bunch of rhetoric that doesn't really mean anything. Oh, and I like how you turned my disdain for Kerry Collins around and pointed it back at me over Volek. Very clever.

I don't think that Vince Young was a bad pick for the Titans. He filled a need and let them part ways with Steve Young who had become to expensive for them to bear. That's fine. I just don't think he deserved the OROY.

Coach C.
01-12-2007, 07:03 AM
Vinny: You sure do know how to make a compelling argument. "Last in defense means 32 teams played all year long and you were the worst unit in football." That's a bunch of rhetoric that doesn't really mean anything. Oh, and I like how you turned my disdain for Kerry Collins around and pointed it back at me over Volek. Very clever.

I don't think that Vince Young was a bad pick for the Titans. He filled a need and let them part ways with Steve Young who had become to expensive for them to bear. That's fine. I just don't think he deserved the OROY.

Dude it is Steve McNair. I am not a Vince Young fan, I like to see a brotha getting his love since he is from around the block, but he went to UT and the man love for him is just to borderline homo for me. I do have to admit the kid energized his team. Was he an efficient QB? No. Was he a winner? Yes. Well winning games means everything in this league. VY, I still think will be a glorified Randall Cunningham, but if he can make that defense step up and cover all the mistakes he makes then the Titans will win games.

hadaad
01-12-2007, 07:09 AM
Coach: Yeah, McNair. I have to get more sleep.

And you're right. The proof is in the wins. I accept that.

TexansSB07
01-12-2007, 01:16 PM

OWNER of THE Houston Rockets, ONLY team in Texas besides San Antonio to have won NBA Championships (you feeling me Dallas):stirpot:

TexansSB07
01-12-2007, 01:19 PM
Last in defense means 32 teams played all year long and you were the worst unit in football.

I watched all the Tennessee games and Vince threw the ball DOWNFIELD unlike our QB who struggles with the intermediate throw. When I watch the Titans I see a dangerous QB that can beat you on any given play...Volek isn't any better than Cody Carlson.....pleeeeeze.

Vinny, am guessing you didn't see article on Vince Young stealing Offensive rookie of the Year Award, despite his less than stellar marks (www.coldhardfootballfacts.com). He is great at running, too damn bad his job is THROWING...if he energizes you so much Thumb Tacks looking for fans. all you have to do is ignoring glaring holes in team