PDA

View Full Version : Broncos unite to help apprehend their teammates killer(s)

nunusguy
01-10-2007, 07:37 PM
Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said members of the team are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of Darrent Williams.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=sports&id=4924641

SamuraiSword
01-11-2007, 12:52 AM
Broncos spokesman Patrick Smyth said members of the team are offering a $100,000 reward through Denver Crime Stoppers for information that leads to the arrest and filing of charges against a suspect or suspects in the shooting death of Darrent Williams.
http://abclocal.go.com/ktrk/story?section=sports&id=4924641

I bet ten to one odds its probably some thug in their fifth ward. All they have to do is listen to people in the streets. Someone will eventually come out and brag what they did. 100,000 dollars is a tempting to go find this person, but of course you would need a small army to go find him. :aikido:

bah007
01-11-2007, 11:37 AM
From what I have seen and read, the cops have picked someone up but he wont talk unless they can protect him from whoever he rats on.

hot pickle
01-11-2007, 06:14 PM
yup thats what happens, people in the hood are to scared to rat, so they need witness protection

but if it was me i wouldnt rat, no matter what, but thats just the way i was raised

StarStruck
01-11-2007, 09:17 PM
Money and protection should get the needed information. It is unfortunate that someone would choose to allow a criminal to go free to continue a reign of terror rather than exhibit the courage to put some of these behaviors in check.

I'm sure if I was faced with that situation that I would be afraid. However, if I had to choose between someone who doesn't place any value on a human life and can kill someone as easily as swatting a fly or a mother living with the pain of burying her child, I'd have to find a way to help the mother.

ledzeppelin229
01-11-2007, 09:38 PM
yup thats what happens, people in the hood are to scared to rat, so they need witness protection

but if it was me i wouldnt rat, no matter what, but thats just the way i was raised

Ratting out your buddy about who threw an egg at someones window is one thing, but when a guy dies I hope the innocent dead is considered more valuable to society than the criminal living. It would have to be a close family member for me to keep my mouth shut, regardless of the amount of money. I wouldn't sell someone out to make a buck but in my mind thugs like this only belong one place.

Koolaid Time
01-11-2007, 09:52 PM
Ratting out your buddy about who threw an egg at someones window is one thing, but when a guy dies I hope the innocent dead is considered more valuable to society than the criminal living. It would have to be a close family member for me to keep my mouth shut, regardless of the amount of money. I wouldn't sell someone out to make a buck but in my mind thugs like this only belong one place.

Didn't the killer empty a clip from an assault rifle into the limo and kill the Broncos player? It was a pretty hard core hit from the pictures in the paper.

If I were a getto stooge going to rat out that guy, Id want witness protection for me, my family AND my extended family before Id drop a dime on the killer.

hot pickle
01-11-2007, 10:02 PM
yeah, and not only that people don't trust the police, cause alot of times they just talk out of there a**, ive experienced it and ever since that i dont even lettin the cops know, sometimes you just gotta take it into your own hands, and thats the problem

edo783
01-11-2007, 10:15 PM
They have arrested some guys. They are part of the TreTreCrips gang. On their turf they showed a sign on the news that said "Bang, bang the runner is dead". Seems Darret was mixed up with the Crips in HS in someway. Not sure he was a member, but somehow involved. The runner thing may have something to do with him wanting/getting out of the gang I suppose, but someone with more knowledge about gang symbology would have to explain what it means. Like I posted right after it happend, sure seems to have some sort of gang involvment.

Carr Bombed
01-11-2007, 11:01 PM
yeah, and not only that people don't trust the police, cause alot of times they just talk out of there a**, ive experienced it and ever since that i dont even lettin the cops know, sometimes you just gotta take it into your own hands, and thats the problem

Cops are no different from regular people, there are good ones and bad ones. People also don't take into account that cops also have to deal with death, death of children by random acts of violence, and the lowest excuse of life on a daily basis. Yeah they get a little jaded, who wouldn't. When you see trama and death everyday caused by stupidity, it changes you.

Saying you wouldn't "RAT" or supply information to bring a killer to justice bacause its against some code you have is nonsense. Whos to say if you let the Killer walk the streets he won't end up shooting somebodies car that you really do care about, family, but hey as long as it happens to someone else and you don't have to deal with the grief, who gives a damn right, you sleep at night.

People bad mouth cops, blame them for their problems, and call them pigs, until its their house being robbed, their family member murdered, or they're staring down the wrong end of a gun, then they want Mr. PoPo there.

Toro
01-12-2007, 04:43 AM
Kudos to the Denver Broncos for picking up the slack whereas the Denver PD failed..

Let's hope someone is found, aprehended and put behind bars for no other reason than so Williams's family can rest easy knowing this guy is behind bars.

ledzeppelin229
01-12-2007, 05:12 AM
Cops are no different from regular people, there are good ones and bad ones. People also don't take into account that cops also have to deal with death, death of children by random acts of violence, and the lowest excuse of life on a daily basis. Yeah they get a little jaded, who wouldn't. When you see trama and death everyday caused by stupidity, it changes you.

Saying you wouldn't "RAT" or supply information to bring a killer to justice bacause its against some code you have is nonsense. Whos to say if you let the Killer walk the streets he won't end up shooting somebodies car that you really do care about, family, but hey as long as it happens to someone else and you don't have to deal with the grief, who gives a damn right, you sleep at night.

People bad mouth cops, blame them for their problems, and call them pigs, until its their house being robbed, their family member murdered, or they're staring down the wrong end of a gun, then they want Mr. PoPo there.

Good post here.

As for people seeking protection before they'll talk, I can understand that part. My point was the people doing it just to protect some low life trash.

Coach C.
01-12-2007, 07:21 AM
I am not going to lie, I have never been a big fan of police officers. Probably stems from some of the things I have seen and been put through by them. Not that I am jaded, I have a deep respect for them. It is overly difficult to go out there everyday and try and keep a city like Houston as clean and safe as they possibly can. For the most part they are understaffed, unappreciated, and underfunded, but they go out there and take pride in what they do and that should be applauded. Hell as long as they dont give me a ticket as I am speeding through traffic they are all good by me.

As far as the Dee Will case, protection is a must. The person that would shoot up a car because of an argument and jealousy will obviously kill anyone. So yeah most people would either want to be protected from a guy like that.