PDA

View Full Version : Recipe for Texans Playoffs in 07

Newbsies
01-10-2007, 12:28 PM
1. Sign Nate Clements, UFA CB who lives in Houston During the Offseason. Would require a lot of money, but would be worth it.

2. Trade our 2nd and 3rd Round picks for Clinton Portis, RB, WAS. Washington doesnt have either a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft. This will give them some much needed picks, as well as give us our much needed RB.

3. Trade our first pick in the first round (8) to the Green Bay Packers for their first and third round picks. This leaves us with teh 16th pick in the draft, in which we could possibly selece Brohm if he declares and is available, or Reggie Nelson, FS, Florida.

4. Trade David Carr to Chicago for their Second Round Pick, and with that select the best OL/DL prospect available.

5. In the Third Round, we would select, depending on whether or not we can nab Brohm in the first round, we can select hopefully either Kevin Kolb, Troy Smith, John Beck, or Drew Stanton with our third round pick.

With the additions of Portis, Clements, Brohm/Nelson, and a QB to be groomed, the Texans will be poised for success.

Oh yeah, Sage will start the first game for the Houston Texans in 2007.

Errant Hothy
01-10-2007, 12:35 PM
Recipe for Texans Playoffs...return to oven for another year.

Are we going to hear about how possible it is to make teh playoffs all offseason long...AGAIN!

ATX
01-10-2007, 12:36 PM
1. Sign Nate Clements, UFA CB who lives in Houston During the Offseason. Would require a lot of money, but would be worth it.

2. Trade our 2nd and 3rd Round picks for Clinton Portis, RB, WAS. Washington doesnt have either a 2nd or 3rd round pick in this years draft. This will give them some much needed picks, as well as give us our much needed RB.

3. Trade our first pick in the first round (8) to the Green Bay Packers for their first and third round picks. This leaves us with teh 16th pick in the draft, in which we could possibly selece Brohm if he declares and is available, or Reggie Nelson, FS, Florida.

4. Trade David Carr to Chicago for their Second Round Pick, and with that select the best OL/DL prospect available.

5. In the Third Round, we would select, depending on whether or not we can nab Brohm in the first round, we can select hopefully either Kevin Kolb, Troy Smith, John Beck, or Drew Stanton with our third round pick.

With the additions of Portis, Clements, Brohm/Nelson, and a QB to be groomed, the Texans will be poised for success.

Oh yeah, Sage will start the first game for the Houston Texans in 2007.

1. I can see that happening and it would be a good move IMO.

I don't see the other options working out though. No way Chicago gives us a 2nd rounder for Carr, I don't see GB moving up to 8, and we're not taking a QB in the 1st round, especially not Brohm.

SLO Texan
01-10-2007, 12:56 PM
1. I can see that happening and it would be a good move IMO.

I don't see the other options working out though. No way Chicago gives us a 2nd rounder for Carr, I don't see GB moving up to 8, and we're not taking a QB in the 1st round, especially not Brohm.

I generally agree with your post.
2- We're trying to build a team w/talent and class. CP is'nt worth what we'd have to give anyway.
4- Bears don't want his contract for what he COULD bring.
5-Only if T.Smith is there(won't be) so no thanks.

But I think #2 could definitely happen if AP fell to us and we need the extra picks. At 16 I would look at Okoye/P.Willis/R.Nelson all good picks at need positions.

Way to be optimistic though!! I think we could go to the playoffs next year too. We just need some key additions(#1) and for our team to become a UNIT on BOTH sides.

Go Texans in '07!!!

yourfavoritetexan42
01-10-2007, 01:26 PM
This is what I would like to see, which I think would provide the best chance for success.

Sign Nate Clements, Trade for Clinton Portis. Two huge moves... either one if we landed would be clutch.

Draft and build depth one the line. Offensive and Defensive, and either bring in a veteran safety or draft a safety.

The key to success next season, is building our lines. Imagine this on defensive line:

Defensive End: Mario Williams. backup Peek
Defensive Tackles:Travis Johnson,Alan Branch;Seth Payne Maddox Thomas Johnson on reserve
Defensive End: Anthony Weaver/Babin Rotating, with Kalu as a reserve.

Honestly, that looks like the top defensive line in the NFL if healthy and potential is reached.

Anyone watch the Florida OSU game? Florida DESTROYED the best offense that hadn't been stopped all season... why?

Their Defensive line.

cptnbreakdance
01-10-2007, 01:51 PM
It was more of a combination of Florida's outstanding coverage of Ohio State's WR (Reggie Nelson anyone?) They gave the D-Line all day to attack Troy Smith.

Nawzer
01-10-2007, 04:43 PM
Recipe for success:

1. Run the ball
2. After you have successfully run the ball run it some more.
3. Play smash mouth football on defense
4. Just for fun pass the ball

hot pickle
01-10-2007, 05:03 PM
This is what I would like to see, which I think would provide the best chance for success.

Sign Nate Clements, Trade for Clinton Portis. Two huge moves... either one if we landed would be clutch.

Draft and build depth one the line. Offensive and Defensive, and either bring in a veteran safety or draft a safety.

The key to success next season, is building our lines. Imagine this on defensive line:

Defensive End: Mario Williams. backup Peek
Defensive Tackles:Travis Johnson,Alan Branch;Seth Payne Maddox Thomas Johnson on reserve
Defensive End: Anthony Weaver/Babin Rotating, with Kalu as a reserve.

Honestly, that looks like the top defensive line in the NFL if healthy and potential is reached.

Anyone watch the Florida OSU game? Florida DESTROYED the best offense that hadn't been stopped all season... why?

Their Defensive line.

yup, i dont want branch though, dont need another DT being a bust

tulexan
01-10-2007, 05:04 PM
We won't be able to get Nate Clements. I don't care if he lives in Houston in the offseason, a lot of players live in Houston in the offseason for tax purposes. There are many teams who have better short term prospects and a lot more money than the Texans, so the chances of him signing with Houston for less are slim.

hot pickle
01-10-2007, 05:16 PM
We won't be able to get Nate Clements. I don't care if he lives in Houston in the offseason, a lot of players live in Houston in the offseason for tax purposes. There are many teams who have better short term prospects and a lot more money than the Texans, so the chances of him signing with Houston for less are slim.

yeah i dont see him comin to houston, i think alot of players sign with teams were they have old college team mates on that team, and there aint no ohio state guys in houston, but i see us havin a real good chance of gettin michael lewis