PDA

View Full Version : brian brohm: the key to the draft?

Heywood
01-10-2007, 08:55 AM
IF brian brohm comes out, then consider the impact that has on OAK's choice with the first pick.

there would now be 4 QBs coming out whom many scouts might believe were ready to start in the NFL by, say, midseason. (russell, quinn, brohm, brennan) this doesn't even include kolb, or drew stanton.

the odds of OAK getting a fine QB at pick 33 are now hugely positive.

thus, the odds of OAK drafting CJ are now hugely bumped.

OAK picking a QB or WR has an enormous impact on the draft. if OAK goes CJ, DET can trade down with ARI (thomas) and still get a top QB, for one. MIN can get a QB, for two.

and adrian peterson can fall to 8, for three, if CLE picks a QB.

awtysst
01-10-2007, 09:01 AM
Didnt CJ come out and say he doesnt want to play for Oakland? If so, wouldhe force his way out via an ELI manuever?

Heywood
01-10-2007, 09:03 AM
Didnt CJ come out and say he doesnt want to play for Oakland? If so, wouldhe force his way out via an ELI manuever?

i don't see any of the top 5 teams being that desperate at WR.

Eli plays QB, a whole different animal.

beerlover
01-10-2007, 09:05 AM
helps Texans if Brohm comes out. to me he is top 10 talent, I had him rated #1 over JaMarcus until the Sugar bowl (we all know JaMarcus played off the hook) still if you watched the Louisville in the Orange Bowl Brohm also had an outstanding game (24-34 311 yds.). I really like his mechanics, he has a natural, quick release not to mention strong arm. he can move around the pocket & run if needed but mostly a pocket type QB, reminds me alot of Marnio when he cam out of Pitt. will need to go to a team with a solid offensive line in place like Roethlisberger got when he came in as a rookie in Pittsburgh.

Lucky
01-10-2007, 03:05 PM
there would now be 4 QBs coming out whom many scouts might believe were ready to start in the NFL by, say, midseason. (russell, quinn, brohm, brennan) this doesn't even include kolb, or drew stanton.
The lastest rumor (http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/) from the Death Star has Darth Vader hiring USC's Steve Sarkisian as their next head coach. That's Trojan assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian. Talk about a big jump up the ladder.

The hiring of Sarkisian would make me think that the Raiders are thinking QB in the draft (kastofsna, please humor me). Maybe they could wait and see who's left at #33, but I think Sarkisian would want the pick of the litter. Right now, that has to be Russell.

YoungTexanFan
01-10-2007, 07:33 PM
That is a huge jump up. Not even a head coach in college.

I think Brohm is the better QB than Russell.

coachdent
01-10-2007, 08:05 PM
Brohm is a much better quarterback at this time than Russell. Russell has a much larger upside because of his physical skills. But he makes some very poor decisions and can look very mechanical at times. I think Brohm will play better sooner and Russell possibly electric in two to three years.

TexansSeminole
01-10-2007, 08:57 PM
The lastest rumor (http://www.ibabuzz.com/raidersblog/) from the Death Star has Darth Vader hiring USC's Steve Sarkisian as their next head coach. That's Trojan assistant head coach and co-offensive coordinator Steve Sarkisian. Talk about a big jump up the ladder.

The hiring of Sarkisian would make me think that the Raiders are thinking QB in the draft (kastofsna, please humor me). Maybe they could wait and see who's left at #33, but I think Sarkisian would want the pick of the litter. Right now, that has to be Russell.

Had me confused there for a minute. I associate Darth Vadar to Vince Young and the Death Star to Tennessee.

dbspi
01-11-2007, 03:20 AM

I had posted a link few days ago in which CJ came out openly and said he has no intention to play for Oakland Raiders.

kastofsna
01-11-2007, 07:53 AM
brohm's entry means nothing. oakland isn't drafting a QB.

bah007
01-11-2007, 10:19 AM
Brohm had talked with Petrino and decided to stay at Louisville for his senior season.

But now that Petrino has left who knows what he is going to do.

I think Russell will be the best pro but I think that Brohm or Quinn would be the first QB taken just because they seem more ready now.

But that is what they said about VY last year...

So maybe Russell could just step right in and play.

NEROtheZERO
01-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I had posted a link few days ago in which CJ came out openly and said he has no intention to play for Oakland Raiders.

Was that the same link that said Johnson was gauging Oaklands interest and weighing it as a factor in whether he wants to come out? Maybe it was a different thread or maybe I missed the quote from Johnson but it sounded like pure conjecture to me.

Texian
01-11-2007, 10:27 AM
I am not a proponent of the Texans taking a QB at #8 but if this is their mindset then Brian Brohm would be a good choice.

dbspi
01-11-2007, 05:06 PM
I am not a proponent of the Texans taking a QB at #8 but if this is their mindset then Brian Brohm would be a good choice.

Durability has been a major concern with Brohm. I am not sure how well he will fit with our OL and Quinn reminds me too much of David Carr.

dbspi
01-11-2007, 05:12 PM
Was that the same link that said Johnson was gauging Oaklands interest and weighing it as a factor in whether he wants to come out? Maybe it was a different thread or maybe I missed the quote from Johnson but it sounded like pure conjecture to me.

yes, here is the link: http://www.rotoworld.com/content/pla...8790 7&spln=1