PDA

View Full Version : Texans designate NFLEurope players

vtech9
01-08-2007, 07:27 PM
Jan. 8: Allocated G Mike Brisiel, P Cameron Muro, QB Quinton Porter, DB John Walker and WR Harry Williams to NFL Europe.

we'll get to see if Muro is any better than Stanley...it will also give all of them some game experience.

Reddevil63
01-08-2007, 08:57 PM
Im hoping Walker comes back to make the FS battle in camp next season a little interesting.

V Man
01-08-2007, 09:01 PM
Could they have sent David Anderson WR if they wanted. If they could have I would have like to see him go over there and get some more PT.

TexanSam
01-08-2007, 10:28 PM
I've only heard of Walker and Porter. I didn't even know we had a WR named Harry Williams on the practice squad.

SamuraiSword
01-09-2007, 10:31 AM
Jan. 8: Allocated G Mike Brisiel, P Cameron Muro, QB Quinton Porter, DB John Walker and WR Harry Williams to NFL Europe.

we'll get to see if Muro is any better than Stanley...it will also give all of them some game experience.

We will finally also get to see how Quinton does at being a QB.

Texan_Bill
01-09-2007, 10:37 AM
We will finally also get to see how Quinton does at being a QB.

a la Dave Ragone.

Blu
01-09-2007, 12:59 PM
a la Dave Ragone.

We didn't get jack squat for him, huh?

how sad.

Sco-tai
01-09-2007, 01:17 PM
I've only heard of Walker and Porter. I didn't even know we had a WR named Harry Williams on the practice squad.

I think it was Harry Davis...but he changed it.

:hides:

hah...kidding

A punter being sent! NIIIIIIIIICE

STANLEY was BRUTAL this year. Ugh

Runner
01-09-2007, 01:30 PM
a la Dave Ragone.

Yep, it's pretty hard to get excited about NFLe players in board discussions, since no matter how good they do it is just, "what do you expect, it's NFLe".

Rags won the championship and was MVP; I don't think any of these players will top that. Tie it, maybe.

real
01-09-2007, 01:34 PM
Rags won the championship and was MVP; I don't think any of these players will top that. Tie it, maybe.

All that does is make me question this whole David Carr thing...

I just find it odd that our back-up QB could go over to NFLe get an MVP, and lead his team to a championship game, win it all....then we turn around and let him go, without so much as a sniff of playing time...

weird...:hmmm:

Runner
01-09-2007, 01:40 PM

I just find it odd that our back-up QB could go over to NFLe get an MVP, and lead his team to a championship game, win it all....then we turn around and let him go, without so much as a sniff of playing time...

They couldn't give Ragone playing time - that was only year four and they needed more playing time for Carr so they could properly evaluate his play.:rolleyes:

Seriously, the previous staff didn't do much to evaluate other players when the season was obviously a washout. They kept most of the same starters, just replacing for injury IIRC. I don't understand it either. It's not like looking at the back-ups at a few positions would have increased the odds of losing very much.

NEROtheZERO
01-09-2007, 01:57 PM

Ragone is an imobile pocket passer. Our offensive system runs a lot of bootlegs and throws on the run. That's just not Ragone's skill set.

Runner
01-09-2007, 02:23 PM
Ragone is an imobile pocket passer. Our offensive system runs a lot of bootlegs and throws on the run. That's just not Ragone's skill set.

True. He was a better fit in the original Palmer offense before the Pendry influence gutted it.

Errant Hothy
01-09-2007, 02:27 PM
I'm curious to see hwo Johnny Walker does in NFLe, I've been hoping he would develop since he was signed as an UDFA.

01-09-2007, 02:48 PM
Yep, it's pretty hard to get excited about NFLe players in board discussions, since no matter how good they do it is just, "what do you expect, it's NFLe".

actually, ragone was mvp, but his team lost in the title game.

Capster67
01-09-2007, 02:56 PM
And we weren't the only team to cut Ragone. Cincinnati & St Louis did as well so our assessment of his NFL skills was right on.

tsip
01-09-2007, 03:18 PM

...yeah, all Dave got was 'zero' playing time. With the new season, I wonder if someone will give him a 'look.?'

Double Barrel
01-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Is Ragone even playing these days? I never heard if he finally landed with a team.

mexican_texan
01-09-2007, 03:22 PM
Is Ragone even playing these days? I never heard if he finally landed with a team.
He competed with Ryan Fitzpatrick for the Rams' third QB spot. Ragone lost.

eriadoc
01-09-2007, 05:06 PM

But Fitz is no MVP! WTH? Well, OK ... the Texans kind of made him look like an MVP :tease:

Double Barrel
01-09-2007, 05:16 PM

hmmmmm....I guess that just goes to show that NFL Europe players are marginal at best, especially when an MVP can't even make the cut as a third stringer.