PDA

View Full Version : 2nd Round Playoff Predictions -You pick

TXGRL
01-08-2007, 11:25 AM
Okay, now we have made it through wild card...we are on to 2nd round.

My picks:

Pats vs Chargers:
Pick:Chargers-LT will just tear it up and Pats are tired.
Rooting for: Chargers

Colts vs Ravens:
Pick: Ravens-Ravens D just too much for tired Colts.
Rooting for: Ravens (have to support McNair now!)

Bears vs Seahawks:
Pick: Bears-despite Grossman, Bears will kick it into high gear and eat the Hawks!
Rooting for: Bears

Saints vs Eagles:
Pick: Saints - Brees will have a solid game and it will be tight.
Rooting for: Saints

I'm 50/50 after last weekend..so hope to improve this week!

awtysst
01-08-2007, 11:35 AM

My picks:

Pats vs Chargers:

Colts vs Ravens:

Bears vs Seahawks:
Pick: Bears-despite Grossman, Bears will kick it into high gear and eat the Hawks!

Saints vs Eagles:

Chargers
Ravens
Bears
Iggles

SheTexan
01-08-2007, 01:31 PM
Pats
Ravens
Bears
Eagles

powerfuldragon
01-08-2007, 01:32 PM
Chargers
Ravens
Bears
Iggles
i agree wit this man.

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 01:34 PM
Pats
Ravens
Bears
Saints

Note: I'm horrible at picking games this year. Abysmal.

king_jamason
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
indy 17 balt 20
Phil 21 no 20
sea 10 chicago 17
ne 17 sd 21

real
01-08-2007, 01:39 PM
My picks:

Pats

Seahawks:

Saints

Ravens

WWJD
01-08-2007, 01:45 PM
Chargers

Colts

Saints

Bears

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 01:47 PM
Are the Cowboys still in? I think the play the Giants on Saturday.

TexanSam
01-08-2007, 01:57 PM
Chargers. Pats are a very good playoff team. Chargers a better team period.

Colts. Peyton Manning will be able to score enough points against the Ravens D. And the Colts D seemed to step up at the right time last week.

Bears. Grossman will play a decent game. The Bears will win this one in a squeaker though.

Eagles. Saints are a good story, but I think the Eagles are playing better.

TXGRL
01-08-2007, 02:07 PM
Are the Cowboys still in? I think the play the Giants on Saturday.

Ha, you wish... :shades:

kastofsna
01-08-2007, 02:08 PM
patriots
eagles
colts
bears

Double Barrel
01-08-2007, 02:18 PM
Chargers
Ravens
Bears
Saints

Unlikely that all home teams win out, but I have a hard time picking which one would lose.

real
01-08-2007, 02:19 PM
I have a hard time picking which one would lose.

Patriots over the Chargers

kastofsna
01-08-2007, 02:29 PM
almost 100% sure that the patriots shut down tomlinson fairly easily.

BigWig
01-08-2007, 04:07 PM
Bolts
Saints
Bears
Ravens

axman40
01-08-2007, 04:15 PM
I will take The Pats over Da Bolts because of coach Chokenhimer.
Give me Da Bears to put the Seahawks out of their misery.
The Ratbirds have the D to stop the Colts.
I will take the Eagles over the Saints but would not be upset if the Saints win.
:ok:

real
01-08-2007, 04:31 PM
almost 100% sure that the patriots shut down tomlinson fairly easily.

WoW....

I'm picking the Patriots to win, but I don't know if i'd put Tomlinson,Shutdown, and Fairly Easy in the same sentence together...

We'll see....

TheOgre
01-08-2007, 04:39 PM
My picks:

Pats vs Chargers:
Pick:Might be closer than some think. The Pats have played brilliantly ever since they lost to the Dolphins. I think this could go either way, but I pick the Chargers to pull it out (despite Marty's history)

Colts vs Ravens:
Pick: Ravens- Cannot stand the Ravens, but I like their D and balanced offense against the Colts.
Rooting for: Colts

Bears vs Seahawks:
Pick: Bears - Seahawks are lucky to be in this game. The only way they win is if Grossman has one of his Hyde games.
Rooting for: Seahawks

Saints vs Eagles:
Pick: Saints - The Eagles cannot stay up with the high flying Saints.
Rooting for: Eagles are my second favorite team, but I wouldn't be all that upset if the Saints won.

J-Storm
01-08-2007, 09:26 PM
Patriots V Chargers
Colts V Ravens
Seahawks V Bears
Eagles V Saints

Double Barrel
01-08-2007, 10:01 PM
Patriots over the Chargers

If I was going to pick one visiting team upset, it would be the Patriots. I never count them out in the postseason. My Chargers pick was probably more about LT than anything else. Dude is playing at legendary status this season, and I have no reason to doubt him at this point.

Dionysus22
01-08-2007, 11:42 PM
Pats
Ravens
Bears
Saints

ThaShark316
01-09-2007, 01:28 AM
Ne @ Sd - Sd 31, Ne 21
Ind @ Bal - Bal 41, Ind 20

Phi @ No - Phi 21, No 14
Sea @ Chi - Chi 10, Sea 3

texasguy346
01-09-2007, 05:05 AM
Chargers
Ravens
Bears
Eagles

TexanFan881
01-09-2007, 06:33 AM
NE beats SD
IND beats BAL
PHI beats NO
CHI beats SEA

real
01-09-2007, 08:23 AM
If I was going to pick one visiting team upset, it would be the Patriots. I never count them out in the postseason. My Chargers pick was probably more about LT than anything else. Dude is playing at legendary status this season, and I have no reason to doubt him at this point.

I definitely think the Chargers are the hotter, and more explosive team at this point.

But I'm a closet Patriots fan, so I'm hoping they win....

yourfavoritetexan42
01-09-2007, 08:42 AM
Colts at Ravens

If the colts defense play the way they did last week, I just can't see them losing. Great battle between two quarterbacks who have had some memorable games. Both former co mvps, had many afc south battles that came down to the wire. The only way I can call this game is by who has the better rushing attack, and who can keep their offense on the field, and I truely believe the Ravens can do that, and when they need to make a play in the air I believe McNair will do just the thing. Ravens in a VERY close one.

My Pick: Ravens
Who I will be rooting for: Colts

New England at San Diego

Wow... this will be a great matchup. Week bye will help the Chargers out, and they have the best player in the NFL and the best pass rusher...but outside that... I see talent... but not enough. Philip Rivers I don't think will pull through when the pressure is on, and that defense is good, but not great. I think Tom Brady will pull this one off because a good patriots offensive line will keep Merriman away, and a good scheme will CONTAIN LT, and they will pull off a close win.

My Pick:Patriots
Who I will be rooting for: Patriots (I do not like merriman and I never want to see him win anything in this league)

NFC Regional Matchups

Seattle at Chicago

Great defense and a good run game wins you games. Bears will stop Alexander, and have a good rushing attack to pull off a close win against the former NFC champions.

My Pick: Bears
Who I will be rooting for: Bears

Eagles at Saints

Here is my upset, many weapons on the offense, a pretty good defense, the Saints look in good position. However I think the Eagles play a championship style of defense, and Jeff Garcia knows how to win... Eagles have been down that road, Saints have not.

My Pick: Eagles
Who I will be rooting for: Eagles

Blake
01-09-2007, 08:43 AM
Pats Ravens Bears Saints

Hutch13
01-09-2007, 02:53 PM
Chargers, Ravens, Seahawks, eagles I think will win.

kastofsna
01-09-2007, 02:57 PM
i'm officially picking the patriots to win big.

Double Barrel
01-09-2007, 03:10 PM
I definitely think the Chargers are the hotter, and more explosive team at this point.

But I'm a closet Patriots fan, so I'm hoping they win....

I agree. I'd like to see the Patriots get another one just to cement the idea of a dynasty in the age of NFL parity. Plus, I like Brady as a QB, and his legacy would be sealed with a fourth ring.

TD
01-09-2007, 03:20 PM
Chargers
Colts
Bears
Eagles

I don't feel too good about the Colts pick, but since I've picked 'em to win the AFC since preseason, I can't back out now.

Texans Horror
01-09-2007, 03:27 PM
Pats Ravens Bears Saints

That's the ticket.

TexanFanInCC
01-09-2007, 03:36 PM

My picks:

Pats vs Chargers:

Colts vs Ravens:

Bears vs Seahawks:

Saints vs Eagles:

who im routing for:

chargers
ravens
saints
bears

my picks to win:

pats
eagles
bears
colts

i nearly went with the ravens over the colts, but bob sanders's impact on that defense is about as important as yao and mcgrady both healthy for the rockets. bob sanders at safety drastically improves their run defense and playmaking.

TXGRL
01-09-2007, 04:03 PM
who im routing for:

chargers
ravens
saints
bears

my picks to win:

pats
eagles
bears
colts

i nearly went with the ravens over the colts, but bob sanders's impact on that defense is about as important as yao and mcgrady both healthy for the rockets. bob sanders at safety drastically improves their run defense and playmaking.

I see your point. I really feel like any of these games could go either way, except maybe Seattle pulling off a win. They are just to devasted with injuries.

Speedy
01-12-2007, 09:08 PM
Indy - Baltimore

Just for fun, the Colts last playoff game in Baltimore was 1977 and their last playoff win in Baltimore was 1970.

Anyway, I don't expect the Colts D to have 2 good games in a row. The Ravens should be able to stay on the field for big chunks of clock. Add to that the Ravens D making things difficult for Manning, and I think Baltimore takes this one by 10.

Philly - Saints

The Superdome is going to be rocking. Bad news is, the Saints haven't played all that well there (4-4). I think the Garcia magic runs out in the Voodoo city, although I think the Eagles will put some points on the board. Give me the over and the Saints in this one.

Seattle - Chicago

I could see Seattle taking this one. In fact, I could see them getting back to the Super Bowl. I think this one is going to go one of 2 ways. Either Chicago gets it all (great D, big special teams, and a good game from Grossman) and wins in a blowout, or Rex struggles, they let Seattle hang around and it comes down to whoever has the ball last. I think the latter may be the case. I'd put some down on Griese seeing action in this game. Maybe he saves it for them. I'll definitely take the points in this one. I've been picking Chicago everywhere else but the closer we get, the more I like Seattle. I think I'll still go with Da Bears.

New England - San Diego

The smart money is the Patriots in January. They're a whole different beast in the playoffs. They'll come into this game with more experience, Brady is 11-1 in post-season play, and if anyone can come up with a way to slow down LT, it's Belichick. Then again, the last 2 times LT has faced the Pats he's rolled up 351 yards (217 in one game) and 4 TD's. I'm thinking it might be much of the same Sunday. I'll take the Chargers.

In this round the home team wins at a 77% clip. That's about 3 out of 4. Damn, just one more thing pulling me towards Seattle.

AndreRulz
01-13-2007, 06:45 AM
my picks:

ravens
patriots
seahawks
eagles
:aikido:

srstex
01-13-2007, 07:30 AM
I see the home teams winning out, with only the Patriots as having a good chance. But having said that, if the Chargers man up and blitz early, Brady will be toast early, and Rivers going medium-to-long early would set a good tone for the offense, which would open the D for a lot of LT. DaBears will have Brian in by half time if Rex stumbles, but if DaBears go deep early and hit some, the Seahawks are cooked. The Aint's ( Oops can't say that anymore ) Saints have a head coach that knows how to make adjustments on the fly and use your strengths against you, sorry Eagles fans, but this Aint your year. The Ravens have McNair, the Colts Manning, I would never take Manning over McNair and this is no exception.

Showtime100
01-13-2007, 08:17 AM
New England over S.D. No Schottenheimer(sp?) team will ever win the SB. Can't go against Brady in this one. 31-24
Baltimore over Indianapolis too much defense. 23-13
Philadelphia over New Orleans Home field advantage on paper only. 31-21.
Chicago over Seattle Bad weather, Shawn Alexander as the main weapon just not enough. 20-10

The Dream
01-13-2007, 09:40 AM
Chargers
Ravens
Saints
Bears

Ryan
01-13-2007, 12:41 PM
Saints
Bears
Colts
Pats

gwallaia
01-13-2007, 01:15 PM
Eagles and Chargers continue their route to meeting in the Super Bowl.

Ravens crash Peyton's dreams again.
Bears blowout Seahawks.

sprtsfanatic
01-13-2007, 01:20 PM
Patriots V Chargers
Colts V Ravens
Seahawks V Bears
Eagles V Saints

I pick the chargers over the pats, the ravens over the ponies, and seahawks over the bears (tough one in my opinion), and the eagles over the aints.

MorKnolle
01-13-2007, 01:59 PM
I have to go with all of the home teams this weekend, although all four games are ripe for a possible upset. I personally think the Ravens/Colts game this afternoon could end up being the best game of the playoffs as the #3 offense in the league plays the #1 defense. Peyton is the master of pre-snap adjustments and the Ravens make more pre-snap adjustments than any other defense, should be an interesting chess match back and forth all game long. I also expect a great game out of the Chargers and Patriots tomorrow.

01-13-2007, 02:15 PM
Indianapolis at Baltimore- i was dead wrong about the colts on sunday. contrary to my and most everybodys belief, they shut down the chiefs in the run game. this week, they face an underrated ravens team that has no real weaknesses. the ravens are 42-14 at home since 2000, and their defense this season has been nothing short of spectacular. the colt's o-line had better beware on saturday.

Verdict: Ravens over Colts, 23-17.

Philadelphia at New Orleans- the saints play their first postseason game in new orleans for the first time in a million years (okay, seven) against arguably the hottest team in the nfc. the eagles had a tough time fending off the giants last week, and they'll have an even harder time trying to stop the high-flying saints offense, which ranked #1 during the season. the x-factor in this game is brian westbrook- if he has a big game, the eagles may pull the upset.

Verdict: Saints over Eagles, 35-28.

Seattle at Chicago- the seahawks should be feeling lucky after the cowboys literally gave them the game last week. they aren't a great road team, and the bears are just fine at home. rex grossman has been under fire, but i think he pulls off a decent performance against the banged up seahawks secondary. as long as alexander is neutralized, the bears shouldn't have a problem winning this game.

Verdict: Bears over Seahawks, 17-9.

New England at San Diego- this is by far the hardest game to predict in the playoffs as of yet. the chargers have been woeful in the playoffs under schottenheimer, but this time they're at home, with an underrated defense and LT healthy and ready to play. problem is, they face the patriots, who destroyed the jets last week and are always spectacular in the playoffs. i'm not sure how philip rivers will do in the game, but it's really hard to see brady struggling. this one truly could go either way.

Verdict: Chargers over Patriots, 27-24 (OT).

Khari
01-13-2007, 02:55 PM
Philly at New Orleans
Seattle at Chicago
Indianapolis at Baltimore
New England at San Diego

Charter PSL Fan
01-13-2007, 03:07 PM
My picks:

Pats

Seahawks:

Saints

Ravens
I agree with these picks but your signature. Noooooo

MorKnolle
01-13-2007, 03:15 PM
I expect the Ravens defense to beat Peyton up pretty good today, especially after seeing him struggle against the Chiefs defense last week. It should be a very good matchup for football fans, let's get this game started already.

shinerbock_girl
01-14-2007, 12:59 PM
Anyone watching the Seahawks/Bears game now...Turing out to be a pretty good game??

Ryan
01-14-2007, 08:13 PM
it appears as though i was the only one to pick all of the games correctly...worship me?

kastofsna
01-14-2007, 08:24 PM
patriots
eagles
colts
bears
3-1. not bad.

Ryan
01-14-2007, 08:30 PM
im surprised i was the only one to get all of them right

mexican_texan
01-15-2007, 12:44 AM
Pats
Ravens
Bears
Saints

Note: I'm horrible at picking games this year. Abysmal.
3-1. I'm amazed.

Ryan
01-15-2007, 11:02 AM
Saints
Bears
Colts
Pats

4-0...im even more amazed

Texans Horror
01-15-2007, 03:27 PM
I should have picked the Colts...oh, well. Fool me once, shame on you; fool me twice, shame on me.

Saints - Colts

Saints win it all.

WWJD
01-15-2007, 03:58 PM
Colts at home over NE.

Bears over Saints.

Seņor Stan
01-15-2007, 04:03 PM
Chargers, Ravens, Seahawks, eagles I think will win.

I hope you didn't make any wagers this weekend Hutch! :)