PDA

View Full Version : Browns 2nd possesion ending INT.....

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 08:38 PM
..... in the red zone...

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_011-1.jpg
look at #94..... Walter crosses in front of him as he sits in his zone.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_012-1.jpg
Bruener crosses #94..... but #94 is looking at Carr's eyes
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_013.jpg
right now, the ball is that little blip at Chester Pitts' knee. Draw a straight line, and look at where that ball would have hit AJ had Williams not tipped the ball. Behind him. But there is no reason why the ball shouldn't have been thrown ahead of AJ.... leading him to the endzone.
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_003-1.jpg

here, the ball is the little blip over AJ's head. look at where the safeties are.... they are both coming from the corners of the endzone. There was no one in the center of the endzone, where AJ should have been led. David could have put a little air under it to make sure it got there with out being tipped .

cadahnic
01-07-2007, 08:41 PM
Leon Williams made a good play, Carr should have seen him drop back and did throw the ball behind Andre. I don't recall anyone else being open on the play at all, although you can't tell from the pics so it was a matter of trying to make a play to his #1 receiver vs. playing it safe and throwing the ball away. Carr took his shot and lost this time, luckily it didn't cost us the game.

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 08:42 PM
http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_005.jpg

here's the Walter bump

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_009-1.jpg

here's Bruener passing untouched as Williams watches Carr's eyes.

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_007-1.jpg

The throw..

http://i11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/PDVD_010.jpg

here you see AJ already turning his body in anticipation of the late throw.

cadahnic
01-07-2007, 08:44 PM
BTW, posting these pics isn't a copyright violation or anything is it? I thought I was told a while ago I couldn't post video clips from the TV broadcast on here, but I don't remember for sure.

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 08:52 PM
I don't recall anyone else being open on the play at all, although you can't tell from the pics so it was a matter of trying to make a play to his #1 receiver vs. playing it safe and throwing the ball away.

you don't see Bruener?? in the third picture?? the guy directly above him is tailing AJ, and has been since the LOS.... the Safety can be seen in the next shot coming out of the corner of the endzone....

Besides, I don't have a problem with him throwing the ball to AJ in that situation. That was the primary read, we got what we wanted, and AJ was open..... had seperation.

My problem is that he threw it behind AJ, and on that low trajectory.... for some reason he is(and has been) watching AJ, and he should be looking at the Defense.

AJ is going to do what they've been doing all week in practice. the X-factor is the defense.

I've got several other pictures of the play on photobucket (http://s11.photobucket.com/albums/a159/Thunderkyss/?start=0), if you want to see others.

I know it's not video, but I think it's pretty detailed.... several shots of this play.

Carr took his shot and lost this time, luckily it didn't cost us the game.

This is one of the reasons we can't extend our lead or beat good teams on a consistent basis. I pointed out a situation almost identical to this in the first game against Indy. AJ caught a jump ball that put us on the one. he was wide open in the endzone, with single coverage on his backside. David stares down the tightend on the right side, working in triple coverage....... waiting for him to get opened, then takes a 8 yard sack or something. We then get a false start, a stuffed run for a loss, then have to kick a field goal.

At that time, we were only down like 10 points, the Colts continued to assault our defense, go up by 17, and we have to give up on the run game.

V Man
01-07-2007, 08:55 PM
My question is looking at the first set of photos, is why didn't he hit Bruener on the drag. Corner is going with AJ and the LB is squating to make the INT. If he would have hit Bruener, he could have turned it up and made the safety tackle him inside the 5.

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 08:58 PM
My question is looking at the first set of photos, is why didn't he hit Bruener on the drag. Corner is going with AJ and the LB is squating to make the INT. If he would have hit Bruener, he could have turned it up and made the safety tackle him inside the 5.

AJ was wide open...

SLO Texan
01-07-2007, 08:58 PM
I was at the game and you are spot on my friend. Carr could have easily put a lil something called "touch" on that pass and it would have been a TD!!!

I was peeved after that play b/c we had just driven down the field and had some momentum. Then we put the ball in Davids hands and he does'nt take his time when he sees a wide open AJ. Instead he rifles the ball at him rather than just laying it in there.

Of course the ball is tipped and intercepted. B/c what else could have happened? A TD? Ha, ha, ha!!!

Just kidding, I think Dave will do fine in his second year under Kubes!!! As long as he wins the starting job from whoever we bring in...

Go Texans, R.Smith, & Kubiak!!!:yahoo: oh and Carr too.

V Man
01-07-2007, 09:01 PM
AJ was wide open...

Bruener was a safer pass.

cadahnic
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
AJ was wide open...

AJ was open although the LB was in between so Carr would have had to float the ball over a little bit, which could have given the CB a chance to catch up and make a play. He might have been able to wait a split second longer and throw it to the inside of the LB as Andre continued on his route, but there might have been a safety sitting in there waiting too. Hard to tell what would/could/should have happened on this one.

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 09:03 PM
Bruener was a safer pass.

Aj was guaranteed 6 points... if he would have lead him like he was supposed to.

Napa Auto Parts
01-07-2007, 09:05 PM
Its not Carr's fault its the system :sarcasm:

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 09:07 PM
AJ was open although the LB was in between so Carr would have had to float the ball over a little bit, which could have given the CB a chance to catch up and make a play. He might have been able to wait a split second longer and throw it to the inside of the LB as Andre continued on his route, but there might have been a safety sitting in there waiting too. Hard to tell what would/could/should have happened on this one.

you can see the safeties were in the corner of the endzones. on top, the safety is playing over Moulds. On the bottom, he was most likely over Andre until Andre cut inside.... that safety would have had to stay where he was, because Bruener came underneath him. I'm not guessing. To me, it's evident. you can see from the angle's the safeties are having to take to pursue the ball.

If David would have floated it out ahead of AJ, there's no way the corner could catch up. The only way the corner can catch up is if David throws the ball behind him(like he did) or if he doesn't lead him enough. But they've been working together for 4 years now, David should have a handle on how fast AJ is, and should have a good idea of how far to lead him. Any other QB WR duo would have that worked out after 4 years.

V Man
01-07-2007, 09:08 PM
Aj was guaranteed 6 points... if he would have lead him like he was supposed to.

Did you forget who was throwing the ball. Bruener was a 5 yard pass (Carr's specialty). AJ was at least 10 yards (that is testing his arm, not to mention his accuracy).

edo783
01-07-2007, 09:37 PM
So, other than a desire to play kickball with Carr's head, WTF is the purpose of this thread? The seasons over AND we won the game.

TexansFanatic
01-07-2007, 09:47 PM
I think I see smoke coming from the grassy knoll.....

Back and to the left. Back and to the left....

texman8
01-07-2007, 09:50 PM
I believe T/K is showing photographic evidence that Carr is not the answer for Texans. I'm sorry I have gone over to the dark side. I'm not a hater just being real.

thunderkyss
01-07-2007, 10:08 PM
I've been posting snapshots from the Browns game... some showing our ZoneBlocking.... and highlighting the problems we have with it, & hopefully finding some good in what we are doing. After all, we will be playin football again in September, and that team will be carrying over a few things from this team.

I've posted some snapshots showing our defense... I think it was pretty good football talk.

This one... kinda answers the question "why don't our recievers ever get seperation"..... answer"because the ball is being thrown behind our recievers. Of course this is only one example. I can find several more from this game alone if you'd like.

I forgot to mention this was a 7 step drop. it's only a three man rush, and there is a huge pocket..... some people say they've never seen that here.

Imatexanfan
01-07-2007, 10:33 PM
:includeme:

DocBar
01-07-2007, 10:38 PM
One of my biggest knocks on Carr is his apparent inability to hit a receiver in stride consistently. I can't count the number of times I've watched a receiver have to slow down, jump, dive etc. for a ball that would have been vintage West Coast Offense had he been able to catch the ball on the fly and get YsAC.