PDA

View Full Version : Do you trust the Front Office??

kiwitexansfan
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
Just wondering what the consensus feeling about whether people think the new front office team will do a good job this off season.

I thought that the last off season was probably the best we've had so far, especially because of the draft results.

Are Rick Smith, Kubaik and Co. going to kick it up another gear and get this team to the next level?

Double Barrel
01-07-2007, 02:29 AM
We had our best draft under Kubiak, so I trust this staff to build a good team...at least until they prove otherwise.

I see a lot of potential on this team, and I look at 2007 with optimism.

Khari
01-07-2007, 02:37 AM
trust no one!

SamuraiSword
01-07-2007, 03:09 AM
trust no one!

Well you have to trust someone. Don't you trust yourself? :)

Khari
01-07-2007, 03:10 AM

not really

threetoedpete
01-07-2007, 03:12 AM
That's what sodom on towne lake does to folks for sure.

Look they won their last two games with street free agents at DT and a grey beard swing tackle manning OLT, and a third round prospect at right tackle, a street guy retuning punts, and a nickle guy they pulled off the scap heap in the summer. Best draft ever in franchise history...Maybe got a Reggie White/Bruce Smith Guy...did get the best LB in the draft...Everyone they picked, all of them mind you contributed this season...yeah I trust them.
So what was the point of this poll again ? :shades:

DenverBorn
01-07-2007, 09:12 AM
I'm just happy that Charlie is no longer in the building. So I'm cautiously optimistic

K.D.
01-07-2007, 09:47 AM
I can't help but trust the FO, now. After hearing Rick Smith's interview, i'm totally buying what the FO is selling. These guys are building a TEAM and gonna put the best players for this TEAM on the field. Can't wait til movement and FA's sought after starts rolling round here.

TEXANRED
01-07-2007, 09:58 AM
This is our first offseason with this front office so it will be interesting to see what happens. Rick Smith sure has the right attitude going into the offseason, but we will see.

TheIronDuke
01-07-2007, 12:08 PM
From what I've heard, the hiring of Chris Olsen as the VP of football administration was huge. John McClain himself said that several GM's from around the NFL called him and told him how they would want a guy like Olsen who worked for NFL management and knows everything about contracts and salary cap management there is to know.

Other than him, I totally trust Richard Smith to make the right moves and get this team into respectability next year. Look at the team he fielded from street free agency and imagine what he can accomplish with some proven NFL talent and a draft. I've never felt more positive about this team going into the offseason because I feel that this offseason's going to be huge.

kiwitexansfan
01-07-2007, 02:03 PM
That's what sodom on towne lake does to folks for sure.

Look they won their last two games with street free agents at DT and a grey beard swing tackle manning OLT, and a third round prospect at right tackle, a street guy retuning punts, and a nickle guy they pulled off the scap heap in the summer. Best draft ever in franchise history...Maybe got a Reggie White/Bruce Smith Guy...did get the best LB in the draft...Everyone they picked, all of them mind you contributed this season...yeah I trust them.
So what was the point of this poll again ? :shades:

When you break it down like that it is hard to think that those guys don't know what their doing.

Ryan
01-07-2007, 02:06 PM
i think time will tell

The Pencil Neck
01-07-2007, 02:29 PM
trust no one!

Trust me.

Signed,

Rick "No One" Smith

The Pencil Neck
01-07-2007, 02:31 PM
I'm just happy that Charlie is no longer in the building. So I'm cautiously optimistic

I think that we'll have a good offseason but I don't think we're going to be able to bring in all the FA's I hear people talking about. I just don't think that many people want to come here and play.

And until we start being more successful, I can't really blame them.

SamuraiSword
01-08-2007, 02:33 AM
not really

Hey just don't take it to hard if you make a mistake and eventually you will start trusting yourself once you start seeing the results become positive. I am no doctor, but I been through not trusting my own self.

Texas_Thrill
01-08-2007, 02:46 AM

Trust noone and have faith in few.

I think this off-season is going to be very telling about the future of this team going forward. From all reports I've read about on the MB about what the FO has been saying since the season ended I feel fairly confident.

I'm not sure we can have the off-season like we had last year especially with the draft just because I don't feel the same level of talent is there this year but I still think we can UPGRADE this team which is all I'm expecting.

LORK 88
01-08-2007, 02:49 AM
I trust Kubiak and Smith until they prove me wrong. They're off to a good foot, and both seem to be headed in the right direction. I really like the mentality that nobody's job is safe and they are trying to bring in competition. If we can keep having drafts like we did last year (need to improve on FA), we'll be a team to recon with soon enough!

Texas_Thrill
01-08-2007, 03:11 AM
I trust Kubiak and Smith until they prove me wrong. They're off to a good foot, and both seem to be headed in the right direction. I really like the mentality that nobody's job is safe and they are trying to bring in competition. If we can keep having drafts like we did last year (need to improve on FA), we'll be a team to recon with soon enough!

I think we can all agree that FA will pick up when this team becomes a legitimate playoff contender. Until then expect the level of FA that come here to be what it has been.

Though I'm not sure why they don't try to sell them on the NO STATE INCOME TAX! lol :yahoo:

HoustonFan
01-08-2007, 08:01 AM
Compared to Casserly, Rick Smith has more sense - well he did play for a while. It helps that Kubiak and Smith are on the same page coming from a winning situation into this one... They're gonna be alright. Can't wait to see what happens in the offseason.

hobie
01-08-2007, 09:02 AM
Trust? Well for me, if I don't know them personnaly, work with them, rely on them why would I have a need to trust or distrust the front office. They are not paying my salary, therefor trust is something that they cannot earn not lose from me.
I am a fan for sure, but trust the FO, has no bearing on my life....just hope they do the right thing and help themselfs get better.

noxiousdog
01-08-2007, 09:14 AM
I'm not sure that FA is going to be all that active, but I anticipate good stuff from the draft.

Meloy
01-08-2007, 09:20 AM
I'm not sure that FA is going to be all that active, but I anticipate good stuff from the draft.I am hopeful for at least one good pick up in free agency. I think the guy from NFL will be put to work immediately to investigate if any contracts could be adjusted to create more room under cap. I would go hard after Nate Clemments for CB as that would benefit other D positions especially safeties. When Kubes thought PBuch was our corner, no movement was made to strengthen either S spot.I am just very curious as to what will fall to # 8. We need a very solid pick regardless of whether we select there or trade in the first.

5stringJeff
01-08-2007, 03:22 PM
I think we'll do just fine, especially now that Rick Smith and Gary Kubiak can work together to get FA and draft priorities straight.

HoustonFrog
01-08-2007, 05:13 PM
I'll defer judgement until a later date. I didn't like the #1 pick but liked the rest of the draft this last time. I think Carr has worn his welcome. there are many needs to address. I think Kubiak and Smith are young and smart. I'm just waiting to see how this all turns out. It isn't negative at all, just a very cautious optimism. I really want to see how the Carr deal is handled and what they can do with this off season in FA. I'd love to see them be aggressive so the draft is more out of best talent and not just plugging holes. I'd really like to see a real FA QB or a drafted one be brought in too.

TexanFanInCC
01-08-2007, 05:27 PM
i definitely like rick smith in the sense that he has a passion for putting a product on the field that all texans fans can be proud of. he also seems to be very hands on, as he is always at the texans practice facility doing player evaluations and speaking with kubiak. the last draft was casserly's. i cant wait to see what rick smith does...maybe he will give us 3 pro bowlers via the draft like the chargers did this season. :shades:

WWJD
01-08-2007, 05:29 PM
I hope they are smart enough to end the Carr experiment and move in another direction. I think they will.

I hope they have another nice draft. Remains to be seen. It's a bad year for O line so I am guessing they would address the secondary issues and try for an impact player with the #1 choice. Hopefully somebody like Peterson.

I am not quite sure why Mr. McNair is such a David guy except for the fact that David is a class guy and you have to respect that.

So yes overall I think they are smart enough to be "trusted" to make the right choices for the team.

TexanFanInCC
01-08-2007, 05:39 PM
i think the only thing standing in the way of ending the carr project is bob mcnair. i still have this feelng that mcnair still thinks carr can get him a superbowl. to alot of us, it is pretty obvious that carr cant do it in houston, but telling mcnair that may not be that easy.

WWJD
01-08-2007, 05:43 PM
On the one hand I admire that Mr.McNair is a David fan and is outspoken about it and stands behind him.

On the other hand I think David is better off going somewhere else.

You have to hope he lets the football guys like the coach and GM make the right choice and doesn't override them if they decide to get rid of David.

I'd like to have David succeed here but it doesn't seem like that is going to happen so it's best to start with a new guy; Sage or whoever they decide on.

HoustonFrog
01-08-2007, 05:44 PM
i think the only thing standing in the way of ending the carr project is bob mcnair. i still have this feelng that mcnair still thinks carr can get him a superbowl. to alot of us, it is pretty obvious that carr cant do it in houston, but telling mcnair that may not be that easy.

That is what I alluded to above in my initial statement. Part of moving this team forward is stopping the constant "ifs" and questions. I think the easiest way for everyone to move on and become better is to cut the ties. Some people just need to swallow the pride. Teams make moves all the time that are tough but a change does all parties good. I don't want "improvement" speak thrown at me all off season.