PDA

View Full Version : Heck of a ride gentlemen

HowBoutThemCowboys!
01-07-2007, 01:00 AM
This is what football is all about. When a game brings tears down a guy's face, you know you love this game.. Fumbling in the endzone, missing a first down by an inch, going for the FG and botching the snap, getting up to run for what looks like for a SPLIT second he might actually score a TD. Heckuva ride.

I'm reading the other thread and I know alot of people here have some bad vibes about the Cowboys, but not from this 'Boys fan. Just want to Represent.

mexican_texan
01-07-2007, 01:06 AM
I like some Cowboys fans, like whoever's doing Drew Bledsoe's blog.

SLO Texan
01-07-2007, 01:09 AM

Seriously, that guy is hilarious!!!

the wonger need food
01-07-2007, 01:16 AM
Nice choke job by the boys. Toni Homo goes from America's sweetheart to the biggest goat in Cowboys history.

StarStruck
01-07-2007, 01:28 AM
I look forward to a better record next season. As painful as the loss was, and how it happened, I have some comfort in a nice lemon drop and a hand of poker. This too shall pass.:)

Maddict5
01-07-2007, 01:36 AM
the cowboys and romo played a great game. what a great team..im sure they'll come back alot stronger next yr....

ahh who am i kidding

http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8827/kingmuffvh3.gif

ROMOWNED!!

Scooter
01-07-2007, 01:39 AM
as much as i like the cowboy fans that visit this forum, i cant hide the fact that i loved watching the boys lose. my dad's a fan and i made sure to rub it in. i'm sorry HBTC & LMBH & Huge, yall are well respected guests here, but i just wont like the boys ... thanks seahawks!!!

TexanSam
http://img406.imageshack.us/img406/8827/kingmuffvh3.gif

ROMOWNED!!

That's hilarious!

mexican_texan
Don't see quite how the King is involved, but I will now remember that play everytime I see my newest bobblehead. :)

dirty steve
01-07-2007, 01:42 AM
Nice choke job by the boys. Toni Homo goes from America's sweetheart to the biggest goat in Cowboys history.
I think Leon Lett still holds that honor.

StarStruck
01-07-2007, 02:25 AM
I must say I am impressed and appreciate the compassion and kind words that TO had to say about and to Romo.

Double Barrel
01-07-2007, 02:51 AM
What a freak play to lose on. Romo's off-season is going to be loooooooong.

Showtime100
01-07-2007, 02:59 AM

Jackie Smith just told Pat Robertson to tell me he wants your e-mail.:hides:

Mr. White
01-07-2007, 03:18 AM
No matter how it ends for him, Tony Romo is the best thing to happen to the Cowboys since their last Lombardi trophy.

SamuraiSword
01-07-2007, 03:58 AM
No matter how it ends for him, Tony Romo is the best thing to happen to the Cowboys since their last Lombardi trophy.

I agree with you on that one that is for sure. If Texans had Romo we all would be praising him saying he is the next (insert famous QB here). I wish we had Romo though.

StarStruck
01-07-2007, 04:00 AM
I have a problem in who to root for now since there are several teams in that I really like. This is my list of preferences as of now.
1. Saints (after all the city has been though a Superbowl would be nice)
2. Colts (I like the team and would love to see a Dungy coached team witn the big one)
3. Ravens (I would love to see McNair win a ring, and another one for Ray Lewis)
4. Bears (family members with a Chicago connection thinks I should)
5. Jets (no particular reason, just because)

mike moffat
01-07-2007, 12:00 PM
I think that this thread should have been titled:
Heck of a slide gentlemen.
Cowgirls choked pretty badly over the last 5 games.
Unfortunately for Romo, he will always be remembered for this play. IE, Jackie Smith.

carter08
01-07-2007, 12:24 PM

You mean that really isn't Drew :muscles:

axman40
01-07-2007, 12:27 PM
http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_855977.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_855971.jpg

http://www.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_855973.jpg

:marionaner:

Capster67
01-07-2007, 09:36 PM
After watching the Oilers blow games in every way imaginable, I have to confess it was nice to see another team have to deal with some of what we've had to deal with for decades.

Texizgreat
01-07-2007, 11:17 PM
All i am going to say is this.

Tony Botched the snap. Tony was also GUNNING Hard for that endzone. Props to him for the effort. Can we honestly say that David would have the same determination?

Oh BTW not a cowboys fan.

mexican_texan
01-07-2007, 11:22 PM

Tony Botched the snap. Tony was also GUNNING Hard for that endzone. Props to him for the effort. Can we honestly say that David would have the same determination?

Never question Carr's toughness. He may not be Peyton Manning, but he's a tough S.O.B.

http://images.nfl.com/u/photos/pl_734810.jpg

aj.
01-07-2007, 11:23 PM
Anyone know when the authentic Tony Heimlich jerseys will hit the stores? I'd settle for a replica if that's all they have.

Yeah, heck of a chokejob....err ... ride ... lol.

TexanSam
01-07-2007, 11:24 PM

Yes, we can honestly say Carr would have tried the same thing.

mexican_texan
01-07-2007, 11:26 PM
Thing is, Romo fumbled the ball twice on the same play.

OrangeCountyTexansFan
01-07-2007, 11:46 PM
If anyone should be thanking the Cowboys for losing, it should be the Seahawks. Dallas beat themselves. (The fumble by Glenn, the botched hold by Romo. Seahawks had nothing to attribute to that.)
Seattle benefited by surviving the better team. They will lose next week in Chicago and their victory will be short lived. Seattle sucks.

I'm actually hoping the Saints make it to the SB and win. Free sno-cones from Hell for a year!:shades:

edo783
01-08-2007, 12:14 AM

Yes he absolutly would have. However, he might have scored as he has a bit more speed than Romo.

StarStruck
01-08-2007, 12:23 AM
I'd like to ask your support for the Saints. I know that you have reasons to throw in your lott with other teams, but can you really find a team more worthy than the Saints after last year and what the former commish did to them? I love McNair. I'd love to see him get the ring. I've always loved Peyton and want him to excel. (Met him when he was a kid and he was seriously good...and funny.) Other teams, just because.

I'd like for you to consider supporting a team...just one. The Saints. If I'm wrong, then I shouldn't have their Mod.

My list has gotten shorter. Ok, I can go with the Saints as #1, and the other three will be my backups. I also enjoy Peyton's sense of humor, dry and hilarious.:)

Maddict5
01-10-2007, 09:51 AM
sorry i know i should let this thread die but LMAO

http://cgi.ebay.com/DALLAS-TONY-ROMO-CUSTOM-MCFARLANE-NFL-PLAYOFFS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ170068363064QQihZ007QQcategoryZ489 78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

Huge
01-10-2007, 12:56 PM
Unfortunately for Romo, he will always be remembered for this play. IE, Jackie Smith.
I don't think Romo's gaffe will rank anywhere close to Smith's.

Smith's cost us a Lombardi. Romo's cost us the opportunity to get our butts kicked by the Saints again.

TheOgre
01-10-2007, 01:02 PM

Smith's cost us a Lombardi. Romo's cost us the opportunity to get our butts kicked by the Saints again.

That Cowboy's game (1978 season) was the last playoff game I genuinely (no $$'s involved) rooted for the 'boys.

WWJD
01-10-2007, 01:10 PM

Roger has always taken the blame for that; he has said he threw the ball too hard.

Huge
01-10-2007, 03:46 PM
Roger has always taken the blame for that; he has said he threw the ball too hard.
That's Roger being a team guy and trying to make a teammate feel better.

On a pass like that one, there's no such thing as throwing the ball too hard. And Roger couldn't throw a ball hard enough to not be caught if he wanted to (unless it was from point blank range, of course). He didn't have that level of arm strength.

WWJD
01-10-2007, 03:54 PM
That's what he's always said; it was his fault and not Smith's.

Great game irregardless.

I remember one time that Alvin Harper said that Troy threw the ball so hard he was cutting his hands in practice and he had to go to Troy and tell him to take a bit off the throws. :)

the wonger need food
01-10-2007, 06:22 PM
sorry i know i should let this thread die but LMAO

http://cgi.ebay.com/DALLAS-TONY-ROMO-CUSTOM-MCFARLANE-NFL-PLAYOFFS-JERSEY_W0QQitemZ170068363064QQihZ007QQcategoryZ489 78QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem#ebayphotohosting

I used to collect McFarlanes... Great find.