PDA

View Full Version : Chris Leak?

TexanSam
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Where is he projected to go in the draft? Anybody think he'll make a good pro QB?

thetexanator
01-07-2007, 05:00 AM
guy kinda reminds me of ken dorsey. doesnt have a great arm.

Mr. White
01-08-2007, 10:35 PM
Bumping because I'm wondering what the draftniks around here are thinking about his stock now.

I think that he goes on the first day, but I haven't seen enough of him to make a guess which round he'll go in.

TexansCanes
01-08-2007, 10:40 PM
his arm is alright, he can get by. i think he will be a passed up because of his hieght and teams will question he toughness. probably go a the end of the first day early second. throws the best ball in all of football.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-08-2007, 10:43 PM
5th round

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
I see something in him. I wouldn't mind it a bit if we brought him in with a second day pick, maybe undrafted.

Texas_Thrill
01-08-2007, 10:49 PM
5th round

at best. I'm not even really seeing him drafted.

His arm is decent. Has played in 3 different colleges so nobody really knows what consistentcy would have done for him. Height is definitely a problem.

Dr. Toro
01-08-2007, 10:51 PM

His arm is decent. Has played in 3 different colleges so nobody really knows what consistentcy would have done for him. Height is definitely a problem.

You mean three different systems right? His brother played at WFU and Tenn. if you have them mixed up.

awtysst
01-08-2007, 11:08 PM
I see him as a modern Danny Wuerffel. He is about the same size and has a tendency to make those soft floating type passes. He threw several of them today in the Natl Championship game. I am guessing early 4th rounder.

Luv Ya Blue 2007
01-08-2007, 11:11 PM

3 different coaches:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Ride 'Em
01-08-2007, 11:14 PM
3 different coaches:tease: :tease: :tease: :tease:

Actually 2 coaches

Ron Zook for 2 years, Urban Meyer for 2 years

Dionysus22
01-08-2007, 11:17 PM
Are you serious with this? OSU played zone all night and rarely blitzed. Plus, thay had almost two months to plan against this kinda defense. I bet he doesn't even get drafted.

Don't get me wrong, he played a great game. I just think it was all a product of great preparation by Urban Meyer.

cadahnic
01-08-2007, 11:37 PM
I could see someone taking a shot on him in the 6th or 7th round, but he sure isn't starting material at this point and I don't think most teams would even see him as their main backup, will likely be on a practice squad somewhere for a year or two, maybe NFL Europe, his work ethic during that time will determine whether he makes it as a career backup or not.

Koolaid Time
01-08-2007, 11:46 PM
I see him as a modern Danny Wuerffel. He is about the same size and has a tendency to make those soft floating type passes. He threw several of them today in the Natl Championship game. I am guessing early 4th rounder.

When someone is compared to Danny Wuerffel.. that pretty much is the "kiss of death"....

YoungTexanFan
01-09-2007, 12:03 AM
The kid was a great HS QB, a good college QB, but won't be a NFL QB. He just doesn't have it. His best hope is for NFLE or PS and maybe wind up as a journey man/career backup QB.

samomin
01-09-2007, 12:12 AM
Artile from espn

http://sports.espn.go.com/espn/columns/story?columnist=wojciechowski_gene&id=2721169

mexican_texan
01-09-2007, 12:44 AM
I see a lot of untapped potential in Leak. I would love to see what Kubiak can do with him. Quinton Porter looked poor in BC when I saw him, but he was a completely different player in the pre-season. You may say its just a pre-season, but he was playing against players clearly superior to those he faced in college.

El Tejano
01-09-2007, 08:22 AM
I could see someone taking a shot on him in the 6th or 7th round, but he sure isn't starting material at this point and I don't think most teams would even see him as their main backup, will likely be on a practice squad somewhere for a year or two, maybe NFL Europe, his work ethic during that time will determine whether he makes it as a career backup or not.

I agree. I noticed that even when one guy blitzed he threw the ball away before trying to make anything happen.

kastofsna
01-09-2007, 08:47 AM
he did a great job at attacking a soft zone-defense, but he had real easy.

Heywood
01-09-2007, 09:10 AM
he's too short for the NFL. nothing he can do about that.

he should go to canada to play there and enjoy life.

awtysst
01-09-2007, 09:13 AM
he's too short for the NFL. nothing he can do about that.

he should go to canada to play there and enjoy life.

Same height as Troy Smith.

kastofsna
01-09-2007, 09:21 AM
based on the post-game hug, leak is an inch taller than smith.

Ryan
01-09-2007, 04:32 PM
in that offensive scheme, you could put in a ton of qbs. He didn't "wow" me with any of his throws. He might go 6th round at the earliest

tulexan
01-09-2007, 04:39 PM
I think Leak could develop into a good or at least decent pro quarterback. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he is really accurate and hits players in stride. He will never lead a team to a championship, but he could be like a Trent Dilfer type QB who will be a game manager and not lose games.

TXGRL
01-09-2007, 04:42 PM
I think Leak could develop into a good or at least decent pro quarterback. He doesn't have the strongest arm, but he is really accurate and hits players in stride. He will never lead a team to a championship, but he could be like a Trent Dilfer type QB who will be a game manager and not lose games.

I'm hearing backup QB.

The Dream
01-09-2007, 04:43 PM
I haven't seen enough of him to give an honest opinion

tulexan
01-09-2007, 04:44 PM
I'm hearing backup QB.

Yeah, someone who if your starter gets hurt can be brought in to make sure that there aren't a lot of turnovers, and keep the team in the game.