01-06-2007, 09:40 PM
Russel, i just dont like Vick

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 09:43 PM
Russell.

That a way go against the "white man":tease:

Scooter
russell. no known personality issues, and would be a raw talent with obvious upside for kubiak to mould into our future.

mexican_texan
Walking a fine line there, buddy.

Bubbajwp
01-06-2007, 09:44 PM

What

Farough
01-06-2007, 09:44 PM
I picked Russell.. he can at least pass.

SLO Texan
01-06-2007, 09:46 PM

Uh oh, you better clarify there buddy....

Russell can throw 40 yds from his knees. That's just too cool to pass up. PLus he'd probably get really good at it on our team!!

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 09:47 PM
I picked Russell.. he can at least pass.

yea thats a good thing there

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 09:49 PM
What

Dave Chappelle can say something black man like but I can't say that?!:shades:

welsh texan
01-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I stick with Carr, don't waste the Cap space on Vick who is perhaps an upgrade but isn't the championship QB we're gonna need in years to come, maybe take Russel to mould for the future but i think the better bet is leave Carr to it, run down his contract and look at a far deeper draft class in 08 for his replacement, who knows, a 2nd year behind a further improved line may see Carr emerge yet, lord knows with his wages he's not going to sit #2 anywhere in the NFL.

Bubbajwp
01-06-2007, 09:54 PM
Dave Chappelle can say something black man like but I can't say that?!:shades:

All I said was what.

Dave Chappelle is a comedian he gets paid millions to make those jokes you dont.

welsh texan
01-06-2007, 09:56 PM
All I said was what.

Dave Chappelle is a comedian he gets paid millions to make those jokes you dont.

By a loose definition anyway :shades:

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 09:57 PM
All I said was what.

DUDE IT WAS A JOKE!! My bad if it angried anyone.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 09:58 PM
It? You goin after VY now?

Bubbajwp
01-06-2007, 10:02 PM

Im not mad I just didnt understand what you were trying to say.

Scooter
01-06-2007, 10:04 PM
It? You goin after VY now?

gotta spread it out before finding you again, but that was just funny.

Doug
01-06-2007, 10:06 PM
Uh oh, you better clarify there buddy....

Russell can throw 40 yds from his knees. That's just too cool to pass up. PLus he'd probably get really good at it on our team!!

Actually it's 40 from his butt, 60 from his knees and 80 standing up. At least that's what the announcers were saying the night of the game.

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
It's important to me that our QB is one that can throw to our amazing WRs so I would take Russell over Vick.

Doug
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
All I said was what.

What does that have to do with it?

TEXANRED
01-06-2007, 10:15 PM
I would take Russell over Vick.

In my overly bloated opinion Vick has already hit his upside and is on the way down. Not physically, but mentally. Once your mentality starts to slip as a QB its all down hill from there. Just see Carr and George as examples.

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 10:17 PM

OKAY?!:shades:

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Actually it's 40 from his butt, 60 from his knees and 80 standing up. At least that's what the announcers were saying the night of the game.

And that is what we need. He isn't Byron Leftwich slow either (more like Culpepper speed, but a little faster).

tulexan
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
Russell.

We have enough injuries as it is, we don't need our QB giving the team herpes.

Scooter
01-06-2007, 11:22 PM
one thing that sold me on russell is something that the commentators said. whether it's true or not has no bearing, but it made me think immediately of our current situation.

"if russell gets in trouble the receivers are told not to come back and help, they're told to just keep running ... if russell gets in trouble he'll just throw it to whoever's farthest down the field." not a direct quote, but something to that effect. i thought it was funny at first, but it seemed accurate after watching the game.

Doug
01-06-2007, 11:36 PM
And that is what we need. He isn't Byron Leftwich slow either (more like Culpepper speed, but a little faster).

I agree. IMO He reminds me a little of Randall Cunnungham! I'm only comparing build and talent type similarities not accomplishments before anyone jumps on me for bringing them up in the same sentence.

Erratic Assassin
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM

Can he read defenses?

David Carr benched 395 lbs. in college, but that doesn't seem to be helping us right now.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
Can he read defenses?

David Carr benched 395 lbs. in college, but that doesn't seem to be helping us right now.

I am sure he can. If we can't get Russell, we should go after Smith.

tulexan
01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
one thing that sold me on russell is something that the commentators said. whether it's true or not has no bearing, but it made me think immediately of our current situation.

"if russell gets in trouble the receivers are told not to come back and help, they're told to just keep running ... if russell gets in trouble he'll just throw it to whoever's farthest down the field." not a direct quote, but something to that effect. i thought it was funny at first, but it seemed accurate after watching the game.

If we did draft Russell we would have to have Mathis playing more at WR just to run streaks down field. We could also sign Justin Gatlin.

Let's try this again
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM

I wonder how far Carr could throw while lying on his back?:stirpot:

Doug
01-06-2007, 11:55 PM
I wonder how far Carr could throw while lying on his back?:stirpot:

Apparently not too far because half the time he didn't have the ball in his hand (the defender running the other way had it). LMAO I'm sorry I couldn't pass that up. It's all in good fun Carr Supporters....I's just playin.

Scooter
01-07-2007, 12:04 AM
If we did draft Russell we would have to have Mathis playing more at WR just to run streaks down field. We could also sign Justin Gatlin.

hell, kubiak might just make a receiver out of mathis yet :yes: . and very few players, if any, are faster than AJ once he gets a head of steam ... mathis included. wouldnt hurt my feelings in the least to see those rain makers to AJ in stride. anyone who saw the bills game can appreciate (and hate) pure speed and a pass coming down perfectly with icicles on it.

in all seriousness, i do love the pure arm on that kid (cheebus that's an arm, i tingle thinking what 10 years under kubiak "QB Guru" could accomplish). along with the size to not fear anything in the pocket and just enough quickness to escape & roll out. poise is pouring out of russell, and he's a natural winner much like vince. i hate to even consider it because of my firm stance against "skill" players, but i'll fully endorse russell if he by some chance fell to us ... that's a big statement from me.

eriadoc
01-07-2007, 12:44 AM
For all the talk about how bad Atlanta's receivers are, they have looked pretty good on the few occasions that Schaub has played QB for that team. I've seen Vick flat-out throw the ball 6 feet over the receivers' heads in games more times than I've seen them drop it, but no one seems to pay much attention to those throws. And Crumpler and Jenkins arre tall as heck, too.

If we can somehow land Jamarcus Russell this draft, I'm fully on board. I like what I see there. He'll still get the crap kicked out of him if he plays behind this line, but if Kubes can sit him for a year to learn the system while he gets the O-line straightened out ...... look out in 2008.

Won't happen, though :(

threetoedpete
01-07-2007, 01:07 AM
Russell. I already know what Vick brings to the table. He needs more wet nursing than DC. When Vick is on he's on. When he's off, he's putrid.

kiwitexansfan
01-07-2007, 01:17 AM
I voted Russell.

I don't see college ball so take the vote as a vote against Vick.

But from what you guys are saying about Russell he sounds like an awesome prospect.

Mr. White
01-07-2007, 01:32 AM
For all the talk about how bad Atlanta's receivers are, they have looked pretty good on the few occasions that Schaub has played QB for that team. I've seen Vick flat-out throw the ball 6 feet over the receivers' heads in games more times than I've seen them drop it, but no one seems to pay much attention to those throws. And Crumpler and Jenkins arre tall as heck, too.

I agree here. I watched the Falcons @ Eagles last week. When Vick was in, the offense couldn't really move the ball.

He'd try to run and get stuffed...he'd try to pass and get stuffed. Schaub came in during the 4th quarter and they actually looked like a functional offense.

As an aside, I've heard Keyshawn Johnson explain what he thought the problem with the receivers was in Atlanta. It turns out it's pretty easy...if you're a receiver and you don't think you'll get the ball, you won't really pay attention....then balls get dropped. Makes sense on a psychological level.

Then Schaub comes in and passes get completed.

Bubbajwp
01-07-2007, 09:29 AM
What does that have to do with it?

It has alot to do with it he is a comedian he is supposed to make racist jokes.

edo783
01-07-2007, 10:22 AM
Why would we want Vick? I thought we would be drafting a RB?

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 10:32 AM
Why would we want Vick? I thought we would be drafting a RB?

I think Kubiak could handle Vick.

Dr. Toro
01-07-2007, 11:04 AM
It amazes me this board thought Kubiak could fix Carr but doesn't think he could fix Vick. Vick's career QB rating is 75.7, Carr's going into 2006 was like 73. QB rating skews heavily towards completion percentage, which Vick doesn't possess as a strength, all the other metrics for measuring success, like yards per attempt, yards per completion, and TD/INT are pretty solid if unspectacular. Vick also brings that, "I can run for 1000 yds at a 10 ypc clip" element. I mean, c'mon people, if Kubiak really was instrumental in transforming Steve Young or Jake Plummer, he's gotta be able to milk something out of Vick.

I think so many people confuse the fact that he's a jerk with the fact that he's a very good football player. Vick's got serious leadership and work ethic issues, but he wouldn't be the first jerk to be talented enough to get away with it. Pair him with some good WR's (really watch the film, they've been brutal), let the guru go to work, and go to the playoffs in 2007. I don't know the cap implications for this, but in a strict football sense Vick would be a very nice addition. No one can take the middle road with Vick, either people get brainwashed by the hype and highlights and anoint him, or they get obsessed with QB stereotypes and Vick's jerkitude and say he stinks.

I think I'd take him over Russell because we have no idea if Russell will be Jeff George or pre-2005 Daunte Culpepper. We also don't know how long it will take to find out who he is.

Dr. Toro
01-07-2007, 11:15 AM

Russell isn't a runner and I don't see that as a notable element in his game. He hasn't run to much success in college, and I don't see it happening in the pros. He may be able to scramble, throw on the move, get a big 1st down, etc. Culpepper was running for like 400-500 yds and 5 TDs every year until 2005. Russell throws like Culpepper, doesn't run like him, and he's not like Randall Cunningham either... it's not even close.

Dr. Toro
01-07-2007, 11:23 AM
He moves more like Ben Rothlisburger. People who just compare him to other black QB's are short sighted.

Well, I love Russell as a prospect but running's just not what he does. I think he could come in and be better next year than Vick. I hope Russell is a good guy, has the intangibles.... I really don't know anything other than how we plays. Either of these guys probably could help us. Vick is a known jerk but known productive NFL player... I know nothing about what type of guy Russell is or what type of NFL player he'll be when the lights come on. He looks to project extremely well though, quick release and rocket arm.

TXGRL
01-07-2007, 11:29 AM
I have always liked Vick, but feel like he comes up short in his ability to make good reads and in his accuracy.

I think Russell is a great prospect. He throws bullets and can run. He will be one to watch.

carter08
01-07-2007, 11:35 AM
Vick has the arm strength of a 2 year old

carter08
01-07-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm not sure some of you guys actually watch the games. Vick is known for his strong but inaccurate arm.

Ok
he has the accuracy of a 2 year old
happy now?

carter08
01-07-2007, 11:43 AM
If you want to say something dumb, that's on you, not me

ok
deal
i will not blame you for me being dumb

The Pencil Neck
01-07-2007, 01:55 PM

What does this mean? I don't understand what you're trying to say.

The Pencil Neck
01-07-2007, 01:56 PM
Vick has the arm strength of a 2 year old

An incredibly strong 2 year old on steroids... maybe...

Doug
01-07-2007, 02:00 PM
It has alot to do with it he is a comedian he is supposed to make racist jokes.

I completely disagree with your last two comments on this matter as well as the comment by Imatexanfan. However, I'm not going to comment any further because it would completely stray from the topic of this thread as well as the purpose of this board. I apologize to everyone for my previous question to further the off topic posts.:)

PS. There's no sarcasm intended.

Bubbajwp
01-09-2007, 06:35 PM
Not sure why I got bad rep for this post.
Some people are just silly.

Huge
01-09-2007, 07:19 PM
That's what Baltimore said when they saw Kyle Boller throw a ball 55 yards from his knees.

Oops.

Bubbajwp
01-10-2007, 07:54 AM
Thanks.