PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys vs. Seahawks

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 09:13 PM
This is a good game.

Runner
01-06-2007, 09:14 PM
Bennie Joppru made the tackle on the last kick-off. He was the guy that tripped the runner up around the ankles.

SLO Texan
01-06-2007, 09:53 PM
This is a good game.

No it's not..it's a pretty sloppy game so far.

Romo looks bad, and so does Hasselbeck.

Not much of a running game for either team as well.

Why is'nt Romo letting it fly more against their sucky DBs' ? One of them was on the couch watching games a week ago...

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 09:53 PM
I'm only watching the game to support Bennie Joppru.

SLO Texan
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
What just happened i missed it?

Kickoff return or Int?

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 10:12 PM
Kickoff

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 10:45 PM
The Seahawks get 1st and 1 at the one, Alexander runs backwards and loses 7, the get back to the two and can't score on the 4th and 2 :brickwall How did Seattle make it this far?!?!

SLO Texan
01-06-2007, 10:48 PM
The Seahawks get 1st and 1 at the one, Alexander runs backwards and loses 7, the get back to the two and can't score on the 4th and 2 :brickwall How did Seattle make it this far?!?!

And then force a fumble in the endzone for a TD!!!

Simply ridiculous!!!

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 10:49 PM
Nevermind, I should have said how did both these teams make it this far? Glenn fumbles in the endzone, safety, Seattle will get the ball back. :yahoo:

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 10:51 PM
The 2 worst teams in the playoffs matched up against each other...wouldn't be surprised to see a safety in the last minutes.

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 10:55 PM
Seattle scores :redtowel:

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 10:59 PM
I was wondering why Jeramy Stevens was still in the league.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:00 PM
Big run by Julius Jones. I hope Seattle wins because I can't stand that place they call a city..Dallas.

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 11:06 PM
If Seattle wins this game I would be shocked.

EDIT: Nevermind, Dallas is ruled short of the first after the review.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:08 PM
Tatupu has been quiet this year. Nice play, though.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Woah...that scared me

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:10 PM
Damn that was nice by Seattle!

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:11 PM
Well Seattle won this one. Thank you Romo!

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:12 PM
The 2 worst teams in the playoffs matched up against each other...wouldn't be surprised to see a safety in the last minutes.
I was thinking of this post since Seattle got the ball back...

joshri
01-06-2007, 11:12 PM
Man, Lofa Tatupu is a great linebacker. Such a heads up player. That near touchdown in the end zone was extremely heads up. He than stopped Jason Witten at the goal line. Amazing player

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:13 PM
So Tony Romo fumbled the snap. That was why he was running. I thought it was planned.

RTP2110
01-06-2007, 11:14 PM
Hahahaha. Tony Romo, Pro Bowl QB. Hahahaha:rolleyes:

SLO Texan
01-06-2007, 11:17 PM
Oh My God!!!

Poor Cowgirls....NOT!!!

Ha, ha, ha, the golden boy that everyone was saying "why don't we start Sage he could be the next Tony Romo" can't hold down a kick. Pit-i-full!!!

But wait he could redeem himself...

Showtime100
01-06-2007, 11:18 PM
I love this game!!! DALLAS LOSES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

EDIT!!!!!!! Wow, I said it the wrong way, didn't I?

GuerillaBlack
Dallas Lost!

TexanFan881
If Terry Glenn would have got up there he could have caught that hail mary.

aj.
01-06-2007, 11:19 PM
Nice choke job Dallas.

mexican_texan
Wow...Romo sure was sad.

TexanFan881
Tony Romo should be on suicide watch tonight

HoustonFrog
Bullcrud call on the spot. There was nothing conclusive fromt he replays to move it back half a yard. Just completely b.s.

Silver Oak
01-06-2007, 11:20 PM
What a fantastic finish!

I sleep better when the Cowgirls lose. :)

LORK 88
Wow, im literally speechless. Funny thing is I bet the majority of the Cowboy nation is ready to turn on Romo . . .

SLO Texan
Nope, no redemption for Romo & the evil Cowgirls tonight...ha, ha, ha!!!

Looked like one of his recievers could have caught that hail mary at the end too....oh well.

Go Seahawks!!!

GuerillaBlack

Yeah, that one almost look like the hail mary Drew Brees threw before halftime of the Saints @ Falcons game. Tony Romo should not be in the pro-bowl. Michael Vick should be (over 1,000 rushing yards and 2,000 passing yards). Romo is a running Bledsoe.

HoustonFrog

Exactly. It went over everyones head and dropped at his feet.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:21 PM
Wow, im literally speechless. Funny thing is I bet the majority of the Cowboy nation is ready to turn on Romo . . .
First, he seemed to be crying on the bench. Then, he was sitting on the field, his hands in his facemask. A friend of mine, a bandwagon cowboy, is already looking forward to a QB change.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:22 PM
Yeah, that one almost look like the hail mary Drew Brees threw before halftime of the Saints @ Falcons game. Tony Romo should not be in the pro-bowl. Michael Vick should be (over 1,000 rushing yards and 2,000 passing yards). Romo is a running Bledsoe.

Come on dude. Romo for his forst year did alot to show that he can make plays that Bledsoe couldn't. He just screwed up and got a little screwed on the spot.

bigcarlos
:marionaner: :yahoo:

aj.
Bullcrud call on the spot. There was nothing conclusive fromt he replays to move it back half a yard. Just completely b.s.

He didn't make the 1. That was very clear. The initial spot inside the 1 was the real bullcrud.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:23 PM
First, he seemed to be crying on the bench. Then, he was sitting on the field, his hands in his facemask. A friend of mine is already looking forward to a QB change.

Carrie Underwood will dump him now.

It is probably a dark night in the Metroplex right now. I have gotten so many of my cousins in Arlington and Frisco Texas laughing at the Texans and our QB. Well, look at theres now.

HoustonFrog
First, he seemed to be crying on the bench. Then, he was sitting on the field, his hands in his facemask. A friend of mine, a bandwagon cowboy, is already looking forward to a QB change.

Nope, most normal fans still like the guy. It isn't like a bandwagon around this place(rolling eyes)

Charter PSL Fan
Romo was a hot dog

Showtime100

Yea, I'm gonna watch "As The Cowboy Turns" on the soap channel..ESPN.:marionaner:

TexanFan881
01-06-2007, 11:24 PM

You've got to be joking me :heh: I must say, Romo cost them that game, but he did get them there in the first place.

mexican_texan
I'm with you. I haven't seen a call that bad since the Rams-Titans Super Bowl game. A yard out? You gotta be kidding me, Dyson scored!

HoustonFrog
He didn't make the 1. That was very clear. The initial spot inside the 1 was the real bullcrud.

There was nothing that showed that. He caught it right at the 1.2 and moved forward before getting blasted back. It wasn't conclusive to say 1 1/2 and then not measure.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:25 PM
Come on dude. Romo for his forst year did alot to show that he can make plays that Bledsoe couldn't. He just screwed up and got a little screwed on the spot.

Come on? Romo has been nothing more than average for about five weeks now (including this game). After that one Giants game when he passed the ball to Jason Witten, Romo has not been the same.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:26 PM
There was nothing that showed that. He caught it right at the 1.2 and moved forward before getting blasted back. It wasn't conclusive to say 1 1/2 and then not measure.
John Madden said, in regards to the fraction, it didn't hit the one and one fourth mark, much less the negatives. You can't go against that.

TEXANRED
01-06-2007, 11:27 PM
Tony Romo should be on suicide watch tonight

Why is he going to T.O.'s?

HoustonFrog
You know I moved down here 13 years ago and love the Texans. I grew up a Cowboy fan. Still am and am upset but in general not all Cowboy fans are bandwagon freaks and all. I've been a fan since the 70s and have seen it all..alot of good. The funny part is, it is still comical to see people with so much hatred for them when they can't find pride in their own team. No one in Dallas gives Houston a second look but people here are obsessed with Dallas doing horribly. Just saying. Honestly, I'm peeved but the defense is what killed Dallas this season, especially in the game. Even with the TD league that put themselves in a hole in a hurry.

Texans Horror
That game was full of bad luck, from the Cowboys' goal-line fumble to the "laces up" kick. I wouldn't attribute it to any one player. Romo looked bad at times, but TO was nonexistent, and the Dallas secondary also played poorly. Some days the football gods smile on you, and sometimes they don't.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:28 PM
John Madden said, in regards to the fraction, it didn't hit the one and one fourth mark, much less the negatives. You can't go against that.

While Michaels, the sane one of the two said he thought he got it across.

Texas_Heat
Any game that ends in a Cowboy or Titan lost is a great finish .:yahoo:

SLO Texan

I thought so too. It looked like he or I think Crayton could have nabbed it after it was tipped. That would have been craaaaazzzzy...

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
You know I moved down here 13 years ago and love the Texans. I grew up a Cowboy fan. Still am and am upset but in general not all Cowboy fans are bandwagon freaks and all. I've been a fan since the 70s and have seen it all..alot of good. The funny part is, it is still comical to see people with so much hatred for them when they can't find pride in their own team. No one in Dallas gives Houston a second look but people here are obsessed with Dallas doing horribly. Just saying. Honestly, I'm peeved but the defense is what killed Dallas this season, especially in the game. Even with the TD league that put themselves in a hole in a hurry.
I don't think there is a bigger bandwagon than the one in Dallas...for the NFL at least. We can't just have pride for our team right now, as our team is somewhere in Florida playing golf.

Charter PSL Fan
01-06-2007, 11:29 PM
Romo was a hot dog

and now he is just a dog

Wolf
01-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Romo overconfident? :heh:

seriously, I was hoping for Dallas to move on.. I gotta pull for the Texas teams in any sport

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:30 PM
Come on? Romo has been nothing more than average for about five weeks now (including this game). After that one Giants game when he passed the ball to Jason Witten, Romo has not been the same.

The guy is basically a rookie. He came in, went 5-1 when they weren't even going to make the playoffs and still had them in games despite some bad play. Their defense is what killed them. With Bledsoe, they would not even be playing tonight. Romo was pretty exceptional coming off the bench and playing in his fisrt starting gig. Not all pro but pretty darn good.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:31 PM
The funny part is, it is still comical to see people with so much hatred for them when they can't find pride in their own team. No one in Dallas gives Houston a second look but people here are obsessed with Dallas doing horribly. Just saying.

No, not at all. The Dallas side of the Metroplex has always given me a bad vibe. Dallas has a slogan that says, "Dallas is so East Coast." It feels like a country club up there. I know a lot of people up there, and they think they are superior to Houston. Houston people are more down to earth than they are. Because of my experiences up there, I don't want the Cowboys or Mavs or Rangers to be successful.

aj.

The stick was right at the 1. He didn't make the 1 and that was very clear from the view behind the side judge. I understand the sour grapes if you were pulling for the Cowboys. I really didn't have a rooting interest.

HoustonFrog
Romo overconfident? :heh:

seriously, I was hoping for Dallas to move on.. I gotta pull for the Texas teams in any sport

I'm glad someone esle feels the way I did growing up in Dallas. I loved Houston teams. The reverse isn't true for fans here.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:32 PM
The guy is basically a rookie. He came in, went 5-1 when they weren't even going to make the playoffs and still had them in games despite some bad play. Their defense is what killed them. With Bledsoe, they would not even be playing tonight. Romo was pretty exceptional coming off the bench and playing in his fisrt starting gig. Not all pro but pretty darn good.
Rivers is also basically a rookie. Teams figured out Romo in less games.

Showtime100

I guess you had to grow up in Houston in the '70's to appreciate why. There is a really good reason for the dislike of the fan base, not the individual fan, though.

HoustonFrog
The stick was right at the 1. He didn't make the 1 and that was very clear from the view behind the side judge. I understand the sour grapes if you were pulling for the Cowboys. I really didn't have a rooting interest.

Not sour grapes at all. But there needs to be conclusive evidence to overturn those calls. There was none. Both announcers saw something different and I didn't see anything to take it back 1/2 a year.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:33 PM

In Romo's first pass, a Giants player intercepted it and ran it in for a touchdown (or close).

Rivers is doing good. Big Ben did good his rookie season. It doesn't matter.

Farough
So... I think the Dallas fans are going to be calling for Bledsoe to ocme back in..

SLO Texan
Tony should have rubbed some of the annointing oil back on his hands before that kickoff. Who knows what would've happened then....

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:34 PM
Rivers is also basically a rookie. Teams figured out Romo in less games.

Figured him out?Despite his turnovers last wek he still had a large game yardage and TD wise. He makes his own mistakes. I haven't seen him exacly be shut down. Dallas was in a position to win and he screwed up. The kid is still good and people aren't going to just turn on him.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:35 PM
In Romo's first pass, a Giants player intercepted it and ran it in for a touchdown (or close).

Rivers is doing good. Big Ben did good his rookie season. It doesn't matter.

LOL..yeah and then he comes in and goes 5-1. What does that interception have to do with anything. Seriously, you are reaching. Yes, some rookes have done well. I'm just saying, people expect him to improve. Rivers and Roeth are not the rule. The guy still gave them a better shot than Bledsoe and got them there. The defense was their downfall after taking a 2 game lead in the division.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:35 PM
Figured him out?Despite his turnovers last wek he still had a large game yardage and TD wise. He makes his own mistakes. I haven't seen him exacly be shut down. Dallas was in a position to win and he screwed up. The kid is still good and people aren't going to just turn on him.

He hasn't learned how to carry the ball. He keeps on fumbling it and looks cocky out there.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:37 PM
I guess you had to grow up in Houston in the '70's to appreciate why. There is a really good reason for the dislike of the fan base, not the individual fan, though.

I'm sure some fans can get annoying but most of the fan base I know are like me and just grew up with it. As I said, Houston teams were big with me too. I'll put it this way, I spend time here and not on the Cowboys board.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:39 PM
I'm sure some fans can get annoying but most of the fan base I know are like me and just grew up with it. As I said, Houston teams were big with me too. I'll put it this way, I spend time here and not on the Cowboys board.

When the Cowboys made it to the playoffs this year, I kept on getting the "haha the Texans suck, they will never make it to the playoffs" (from my cousins and on another forum). That is part of the reason why I wanted the Cowboys to lose.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:40 PM
He hasn't learned how to carry the ball. He keeps on fumbling it and looks cocky out there.

That is so random...lol He had a couple of games with fumble problems and is a pretty humble guy. He hasn't talked crud to anyone and just has funs out there. Some QBs here can take note. Favre does the same thing..laughing and enjoying himself(no, that isn't a direct comparison to play, even though Favre was a playoff mess his first few years)

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:41 PM
That is so random...lol He had a couple of games with fumble problems and is a pretty humble guy. He hasn't talked crud to anyone and just has funs out there. Some QBs here can take note. Favre does the same thing..laughing and enjoying himself(no, that isn't a direct comparison to play, even though Favre was a playoff mess his first few years)

That isn't random. He looks a little cocky out there too me. He does seem like a nice guy (from his interviews), though. He has had one less fumble than Jay Cutler in the past five games (Romo has had 7).

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:42 PM
When the Cowboys made it to the playoffs this year, I kept on getting the "haha the Texans suck, they will never make it to the playoffs" (from my cousins and on another forum). That is part of the reason why I wanted the Cowboys to lose.

That is cool. I am sure there are alot of a-hole Cowboy fans. Just not all of us are. Like I said I root for the Texans pretty hard I just grew up rooting for them and was a live or die fan when I was there. I more came here tonight because people were syaing people were going to bandwagon. I'll still get peeved next year..lol

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:43 PM
That isn't random. He looks a little cocky out there too me. He does seem like a nice guy (from his interviews), though. He has had one less fumble than Jay Cutler in the past five games (Romo has had 7).

He needs to work on it then. I have more hope nextyear with him though than I ever did with Bledsoe. They just need to get a new attitude on D. No pressure.

utahmark
01-06-2007, 11:45 PM
after the fumbled snap look how close romo got to the first down. it was closed than the tight end catch. if he could of got the ball up it would of been a first. poor cowboys.

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:46 PM
That is cool. I am sure there are alot of a-hole Cowboy fans. Just not all of us are. Like I said I root for the Texans pretty hard I just grew up rooting for them and was a live or die fan when I was there. I more came here tonight because people were syaing people were going to bandwagon. I'll still get peeved next year..lol

Yeah, once the Texans get better, I will hope that the Cowboys meet them in the Superbowl.

Maddict5
01-06-2007, 11:49 PM
I'm with you. I haven't seen a call that bad since the Rams-Titans Super Bowl game. A yard out? You gotta be kidding me, Dyson scored!

LMAO..brilliant- id give you rep only i cant for some secret reason that even the mods are keeping secret:hides:

be quiet homer...obviously its subjective when you're talking about the ball spot but when i saw it first it was opbvious he was short and it was a terrible spot by the LJ..and no im not just saying that because its dallas

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-06-2007, 11:49 PM
ROflMaO

GuerillaBlack
01-06-2007, 11:54 PM
ROflMaO

That was original. :yahoo:

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:55 PM
after the fumbled snap look how close romo got to the first down. it was closed than the tight end catch. if he could of got the ball up it would of been a first. poor cowboys.

i'm not sure why Parecells didn't at least have them look at that.

Maddict5
01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
LOL check out the live blog

www.tonyhomo.com

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:57 PM
LMAO..brilliant- id give you rep only i cant for some secret reason that even the mods are keeping secret:hides:

be quiet homer...obviously its subjective when you're talking about the ball spot but when i saw it first it was opbvious he was short and it was a terrible spot by the LJ..and no im not just saying that because its dallas

Homer smack is so weak. Can't you be original. I've been a real fan since the mid 70s. It wasn't a terrible spot by him. Michaels saw it the same way. Sports like that happen every game and most don't get a second look. The first down wasn't even exactly the 1, it was before it. I am here most of the time talking Texans so it isn't like I came here to whine.

HoustonFrog
01-06-2007, 11:58 PM
Yeah, once the Texans get better, I will hope that the Cowboys meet them in the Superbowl.

That would be fun.

tulexan
01-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Romo's press conference looked like he was going to kill himself once he left the podium.

mexican_texan
01-06-2007, 11:59 PM
Witten makes the catch! But he looks like hes... i'd say half a Burger short...
www.tonyhomo.com

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 12:00 AM
I think Romo is about to breakdown.

Maddict5
01-07-2007, 12:01 AM
Homer smack is so weak. Can't you be original. I've been a real fan since the mid 70s. It wasn't a terrible spot by him. Michaels saw it the same way. Sports like that happen every game and most don't get a second look. The first down wasn't even exactly the 1, it was before it. I am here most of the time talking Texans so it isn't like I came here to whine.

yeah whatever.. if you havent noticed announcers always go against the ref's decisions when they're 50/50 ish to create controversy... only dallas fans are saying its a bad spot...most neutrals would agree he came up a little short

StarStruck
01-07-2007, 12:03 AM
No, not at all. The Dallas side of the Metroplex has always given me a bad vibe. Dallas has a slogan that says, "Dallas is so East Coast." It feels like a country club up there. I know a lot of people up there, and they think they are superior to Houston. Houston people are more down to earth than they are. Because of my experiences up there, I don't want the Cowboys or Mavs or Rangers to be successful.

I don't quite understand what that has to do with the Cowboys. It appears that some of those same people of whom you speak also said no-thank-you to the Cowboys organization when they proposed a move into Dallas at the Cotton Bowl location.

Another thing I don't understand is the many references to the fans as being band wagon fans. The Boys have made major strides since Parcells has been coach, but still haven't gotten past the first round of the playoffs. I would think anyone on a bandwagon would have been gone since the 90s only to return after a Super Bowl.

I am interested in seeing where Romo goes from here. He has gotten his formal introduction into the NFL, so what he does from this point remains to be seen. I hope that Parcells returns next season and make another run for the championship. Either way, I am backing them all the way.

As for the many that hate the Cowboys for whatever reason, that's cool, too. I ain't mad at ya! :)

SLO Texan
01-07-2007, 12:04 AM
LOL check out the live blog

www.tonyhomo.com

Oh my god that thing just made me cry it's soooo funny!!!

Those Cowboy fans are some harsh cats....poor Homo...I mean Romo....no I dont....

tulexan
01-07-2007, 12:05 AM
yeah whatever.. if you havent noticed announcers always go against the ref's decisions when they're 50/50 ish to create controversy... only dallas fans are saying its a bad spot...most neutrals would agree he came up a little short

He was short. It was close, but he was definitely short.

Maddict5
01-07-2007, 12:08 AM
He was short. It was close, but he was definitely short.

yep:shades:

SLO Texan
01-07-2007, 12:09 AM
Tom Brady said...
I think showing Homo those pics of Johnny Mayer and Jess Simpson on New Year's Eve did the trick. You should give him a weggie in the locker room just to finish him off. Maybe he'll cry.
From http://www.tonyhomo.com/

Ha, ha, ha, holy shizzle Cowboy fans are hillarious!!!!

HoustonFrog
01-07-2007, 12:10 AM

LOL..not they don't. Madden thought he was short. MNichaels thought he got there. It was pretty darn close. I thought it was too close to move it back half a yard.

tulexan
01-07-2007, 12:13 AM

And when Theismann is in the booth first he goes with the decision and then goes against it when he is wrong.

HoustonFrog
01-07-2007, 12:14 AM
I don't quite understand what that has to do with the Cowboys. It appears that some of those same people of whom you speak also said no-thank-you to the Cowboys organization when they proposed a move into Dallas at the Cotton Bowl location.

Another thing I don't understand is the many references to the fans as being band wagon fans. The Boys have made major strides since Parcells has been coach, but still haven't gotten past the first round of the playoffs. I would think anyone on a bandwagon would have been gone since the 90s only to return after a Super Bowl.

I am interested in seeing where Romo goes from here. He has gotten his formal introduction into the NFL, so what he does from this point remains to be seen. I hope that Parcells returns next season and make another run for the championship. Either way, I am backing them all the way.

As for the many that hate the Cowboys for whatever reason, that's cool, too. I ain't mad at ya! :)

I agree with you. I grew up in Ft. Worth. A completely different town than Dallas. The "metroplex" isn't Dallas. There are a ton of Cowboy fans that are lifers that grew up with them and who have been through this crud. The home games are sell outs every year and you don't see a half empty stadium. How Houston fans can talk bandwagon is beyond me. My point has been that people up there don't think twice about Houston teams an dmost friends I had loved the Oilers and Earl and the Astros. When I moved here in 93 I found it hilarious that people here held so much hatred for no reason about Dallas. They are two different cities and areas. I have a sister in Dallas and moved back for a year. There are snobs in either town. I think the people here are probably more laid back and friendly at times but the fans are all good. It just seems like a massive case of p envy every time I hear the ranting negative stuff on the Boys. I love talking Texans and being here. I just don't think in such a cross way.

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 12:21 AM
I like Fort Worth, Arlington, and the southern side of the metroplex a lot better than the Dallas-Frisco side.

mexican_texan
01-07-2007, 12:22 AM
Do you see that thing on Homo's wrist? It has every single play we run. Jokes on him though. I replaced the last column with a McDonald's menu.

That last play we just ran is called a McChicken Z slant Right.
Makes sense.

Maddict5
01-07-2007, 12:31 AM
LOL..not they don't. Madden thought he was short. MNichaels thought he got there. It was pretty darn close. I thought it was too close to move it back half a yard.

no they both thought he was short first..michaels even brought it up but thenAFTER it had been overturned they show another replay and michaels goes 'OH! i dont know yadadadadadadadada'...not saying it happens all the time but commonly happens even if its clearly the right call cos it makes better tv :rolleyes:

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 12:34 AM
Football becomes a drama like that all the time.

Maddict5
01-07-2007, 12:50 AM
i cant wait for ROMOWNED avators/sigs to start doing the rounds

Silver Oak
01-07-2007, 08:14 AM
If Dallas Cowgirl fans weren't so freakin' arrogant about their SB victories, I would find it easier to support the other team from Texas when they played.

I sincerely hope Parcells resigns, T.O. moves on to the next contender, Romo elopes wih Carrie Underwood and moves to L.A., and the team begins a downward spiral with Jerry Jones in control.

:)

axman40
01-07-2007, 09:35 AM
:tease: http://www.joshreads.com/images/0410/i041010peanuts.jpg

So the Cowboys are now Charlie Brown?

Sportsfan
01-07-2007, 09:39 AM
So long Jerry, go count your money and drool over the pictures of your new stadium for a few months. :woot:

HoustonFrog
01-07-2007, 10:57 AM
If Dallas Cowgirl fans weren't so freakin' arrogant about their SB victories, I would find it easier to support the other team from Texas when they played.

I sincerely hope Parcells resigns, T.O. moves on to the next contender, Romo elopes wih Carrie Underwood and moves to L.A., and the team begins a downward spiral with Jerry Jones in control.

:)

As I said before a minority of fans does not a fan base make and did you ever think that some Cowboy fans might talk alot of smack because people who supports teams that have never done anything call them "Cowgirls" and relish everything that goes wrong with them. Strong case of p envy. Some of us real fans find that part funny. Just pointing it out.

edo783
01-07-2007, 11:05 AM
Points finger and in the voice of that kid on the Simpsons.......Ha, Ha.

OzzO
01-07-2007, 11:18 AM
http://images.chron.com/photos/2007/01/06/4706585/342xSectionMain.jpg

Well, the laces ARE out. Sorry for the loss Cowboy fans (as a former Silver and Blue fan pre-Texans). I think it's better for them that they did lose, at least for Romo, as it brought them back down to earth a bit. I think Parecells will be back for one more go around and the way Owens sounded afterwards, surprisingly - he may be back as well. Crazy as I don't think he had one pass caught this game, did he?

But on the flip side - what a run back by Miles Austin - nice wedge setup and dang he's fast.

Second Honeymoon
01-07-2007, 11:19 AM
I agree with you. I grew up in Ft. Worth. A completely different town than Dallas. The "metroplex" isn't Dallas. There are a ton of Cowboy fans that are lifers that grew up with them and who have been through this crud. The home games are sell outs every year and you don't see a half empty stadium. How Houston fans can talk bandwagon is beyond me. My point has been that people up there don't think twice about Houston teams an dmost friends I had loved the Oilers and Earl and the Astros. When I moved here in 93 I found it hilarious that people here held so much hatred for no reason about Dallas. They are two different cities and areas. I have a sister in Dallas and moved back for a year. There are snobs in either town. I think the people here are probably more laid back and friendly at times but the fans are all good. It just seems like a massive case of p envy every time I hear the ranting negative stuff on the Boys. I love talking Texans and being here. I just don't think in such a cross way.

totally agree....the jealousy and mindless hatred towards Dallas in Houston is just a joke. Dallas fans could care less about Houston and in fact support many of the Houston teams when theirs are out of the race. I think it all goes back to the fact that Houston pro football has been pretty much an embarassment and Dallas is arguably the most successful pro football town in America....some people in Houston are just so petty and stupid

I am sure we will see some stupid Texan fan with Romo's choke as their avatar.....

TXGRL
01-07-2007, 11:21 AM
I'm glad someone esle feels the way I did growing up in Dallas. I loved Houston teams. The reverse isn't true for fans here.

It is not (so much) the city of Dallas that Houston has a problem with...although we have always felt most Dallasites look down on Houston. It is the glam Cowboys image...and the horrific Jerry Jones.

It has nothing to do with the fans in Dallas...half of my family (west Texas) grew up Cowboy's fans..and we have always had a "friendly" rivalry..

and I'm sure there were PLENTY of Oiler fans in Dallas...:ok:

PS) FWorth has a completely different attitude than Dallas...lived there for a bit, so it's not personal.

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 11:31 AM
some people in Houston are just so petty and stupid

I am sure we will see some stupid Texan fan with Romo's choke as their avatar.....

And this will help your cause.

mike moffat
01-07-2007, 11:39 AM
As I said before a minority of fans does not a fan base make and did you ever think that some Cowboy fans might talk alot of smack because people who supports teams that have never done anything call them "Cowgirls" and relish everything that goes wrong with them. Strong case of p envy. Some of us real fans find that part funny. Just pointing it out.

Ahh, Frog, take a chill pill. The "Cowgirls" are just that, Cowgirls. No envy here. I think that it was Howard Cosell or Dandy Don Meredith who coined the phrase, "America's Team." Got news for ya, that's where Dallas got its fat head and the rest of us started our dislike of them. They actually thought that they were God's gift to football. Good to see a little humility every now and then. Unfortunately, Tony Romo will be the whipping boy for them.
:goodnight

axman40
01-07-2007, 11:58 AM
I'm no Cowboy fan, but I felt soooooo bad for Romo. First of all, that ball looked like it had baby oil on it or something. Romo did his best to try and pull something off. Even Grammatica shoved someone aside to help him out.

I think Parcells messed up by trying to hit the first down marker. They should have made a few safer plays, gotten the FG and tried to hold on. Instead, Romo is gonna hang his head for months.

I have to give him a ton of credit for the interview afterward and taking the blame. It's not all his. There were other mistakes along the way that added to it all.
After further review it was Babineaux that Grammatica shoved toward Romo ,if Grammatica slows down Babineaux maybe Romo scores.It was a hell of aplay by Babineaux to make that tackle.
:shades:

TXGRL
01-07-2007, 11:59 AM

Hmmmmm, hadn't thought of that yet. :tease:

axman40
01-07-2007, 12:04 PM
Ahh, Frog, take a chill pill. The "Cowgirls" are just that, Cowgirls. No envy here. I think that it was Howard Cosell or Dandy Don Meredith who coined the phrase, "America's Team." Got news for ya, that's where Dallas got its fat head and the rest of us started our dislike of them. They actually thought that they were God's gift to football. Good to see a little humility every now and then. Unfortunately, Tony Romo will be the whipping boy for them.

Bob Ryan (http://en.wikipedia.org/w/index.php?title=Bob_Ryan_%28NFL_Films%29&action=edit), the Vice President and editor-in-chief of NFL Films (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/NFL_Films), coined this for the Cowboys in 1979 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1979). After preparing and editing the teamís 1978 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1978) season highlight film he had to come up with a title for the film. He was quoted as saying:
"After the '78 season, the Cowboys had just lost a crushing Super Bowl (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Super_Bowl) to the Steelers (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Pittsburgh_Steelers). I wanted to come up with a different twist on their team highlight film. I noticed then, and had noticed earlier, that wherever the Cowboys played, you saw people in the stands with Cowboys jerseys and hats and pennants. Plus, they were always the national game on television." You may have first heard it on MNF but did not start there.

:ok:

HoustonFrog
01-07-2007, 12:07 PM

For one, it doesn't sound like I'm the one who is fired up here...lol. Secondly, you are right, they didn't coin the phrase so how is it the fans fault? Sorry but 8 SB appearances and 5 wins can cause a fan base to have some fun with it. There are always bad fans. Have you ever looked around this place..lol. You are rich. "Cowgirls" is so dated. At least sound like an intelligent hater. You can wipe the slobber off now.:)

TXGRL
01-07-2007, 12:16 PM

Hey Frog Fan...as long as you stay a Houston Texans fan...that's awesome. Hang tough...even though I am not a cowboys fan, I actually felt bad for Romo.

PS) I am a closet Jets fan. :)

edo783
01-07-2007, 01:25 PM
PS) I am a closet Jets fan. :)

Soo, your coming out of the closet today? :secret: Just for the game of course.

GuerillaBlack
01-07-2007, 01:28 PM
http://us.news2.yimg.com/us.yimg.com/p/ap/20070107/capt.sea12101070443c.correction_cowboys_seahawks_f ootball_sea121.jpg

5stringJeff
01-08-2007, 05:18 PM
i cant wait for ROMOWNED avators/sigs to start doing the rounds

Here you go:

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/16/rom0wn3d2.gif

http://www.sph33r.net/upload/files/16/rom0wn3d.gif

GuerillaBlack
01-08-2007, 07:36 PM
You got to feel bad for the guy a bit though. Especially when he was speaking to the media.

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
http://freeshare.us/127fs63859.jpg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-12-2007, 10:27 AM
http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v679/deathstar121/romouy4.jpg

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-12-2007, 10:29 AM
http://i84.photobucket.com/albums/k28/Vaporhawk/KingMuff.gif

StarStruck
01-12-2007, 11:03 AM
Thank goodness that Romo seems to care about his mistakes. I would have been peeved if he had come off the field with a "stuff happens" attitude. I can stand behind him and offer encouragement for what appears to be a very dark moment in his life as a team leader. Hopefully he grows from that experience and improve upon the leadership that he brought to us his first year.

WWJD
01-12-2007, 11:07 AM
He'll be fine.

He messed up and on a national stage so of course he was upset. I don't suspect too many other players that did that would have reacted much differently.

It's done. He can't change it.