PDA

View Full Version : Michael Vick??

Ryan
01-05-2007, 06:20 PM
on 610 they were talking about michael vick. They made a trade proposal. They said Carr and the 1st round pick for Vick. Interesting thought kind of; a good topic for a slow news day. I dont think i would want to see Vick in a Texans uni. I could see it possibly working. He would be really good on bootlegs and running plays and if he has better targets to throw to in johnson and moulds, his passing might improve. Discuss?

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-05-2007, 06:31 PM
A caller suggested the trade, not the 610 guys.

Ryan
01-05-2007, 06:32 PM
i guess i missed that part, but they still discussed it for a few minutes

STEEL BLUE TEXANS
01-05-2007, 06:34 PM
They basically laughed at the trade proposal and played the "Real Men of Genius: Mr. Proposturous Trade Suggestor" song.

K.D.
01-05-2007, 06:37 PM
Plain & Simple, HELL NO!!! Kubiak wouldn't want that head case. Besides they still were waiting on him to adjust to the west-coast offense and look where it got his coach. He is injury prone and too inconsistent, I'll actually much rather keep Carr and take my chances with him.:)

axman40
01-05-2007, 06:54 PM
If Mike Vick had not come out early, he would have been the #1 pick of the Texans or is my memory foggy?
Pass! Next!

Maybe we can get this guy , I heard he scored 4TD's in a game back in high school!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5eS1kPJA-Y&mode=related&search=

Let's Rock!

:yes:

Scooter
01-05-2007, 07:03 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N5eS1kPJA-Y&mode=related&search=

Let's Rock!

i think we should trade a first rounder for that guy.

texan767
01-05-2007, 07:29 PM
If Mike Vick had not come out early, he would have been the #1 pick of the Texans or is my memory foggy?
Pass! Next!]=

Let's Rock!

IIRC, wasn't that why he came out early? So he wouldn't be picked by us?
Screw him!
I do like the Bundy pick, though!

Jawja Texan
01-05-2007, 07:31 PM
Vick would make a fantastic Texan. He doesn't have receivers here in ATL. With Johnson, Moulds, and Daniels, we would dominate on the offensive side of the ball.

trutexan02
01-05-2007, 08:00 PM
Completely OVERRATED! He is not worth it. I don't care what Sean Salsbury thinks from week to week.

mannyo123
01-05-2007, 08:10 PM
Completely OVERRATED! He is not worth it. I don't care what Sean Salsbury thinks from week to week.

Vick versus Young, I'd take Vick anytime that's 2 wins every year!

Trap_Star
01-05-2007, 08:27 PM
on 610 they were talking about michael vick. They made a trade proposal. They said Carr and the 1st round pick for Vick. Interesting thought kind of; a good topic for a slow news day. I dont think i would want to see Vick in a Texans uni. I could see it possibly working. He would be really good on bootlegs and running plays and if he has better targets to throw to in johnson and moulds, his passing might improve. Discuss?

They basically laughed at the trade proposal and played the "Real Men of Genius: Mr. Proposturous Trade Suggestor" song.

But if you listened to the whole thing, Rich Lord said If given the chance to trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick, he'd take it...

TheCD
01-05-2007, 08:41 PM
Why would we trade our QB and a 1st round pick for a RB? Doesn't make sense to me. He can use the "no receivers" excuse all he wants, but he's just not a great QB, that's the catch to his exciting play. Besides, he's already spent 2 years in a West Coast offense, and has shown that he is ineffective in it.

He's a coach killer as well, and that's definitely not what we want.

Trap_Star
01-05-2007, 08:46 PM
Why would we trade our QB and a 1st round pick for a RB? Doesn't make sense to me. He can use the "no receivers" excuse all he wants, but he's just not a great QB, that's the catch to his exciting play. Besides, he's already spent 2 years in a West Coast offense, and has shown that he is ineffective in it.

He's a coach killer as well, and that's definitely not what we want.

I agree. He's probably not even the best QB on his team....
Mike Vick is only the best athlete playing QB in the NFL...

ATX
01-05-2007, 08:56 PM
I wouldn't do it for Carr and a 1st. But if they want to trade Carr straight up for Vick, I'd consider it.

hot pickle
01-05-2007, 08:59 PM
carr and a 3rd id take it then

but not are first or 2nd

Trap_Star
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
I wouldn't do it for Carr and a 1st. But if they want to trade Carr straight up for Vick, I'd consider it.

If Vick restructures his contract, yep i would too. Thet both need a change...

Ryan
01-05-2007, 09:00 PM
carr and a 3rd id take it then

but not are first or 2nd

agreed.

Second Honeymoon
01-05-2007, 09:08 PM
But if you listened to the whole thing, Rich Lord said If given the chance to trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick, he'd take it...

Of course you would. Any GM in the NFL would trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick. You dump a bad contract on another team and give up the 8th pick overall for Vick. You are instantly a playoff contender in the AFC. Vick is easily in the Top10 of NFL QBs. Is he perfect? No. But he would be a HUGE shot in the arm for the franchise and then we would have Sage still as backup.

Smith would do this move in a heartbeat...problem is the Falcons would not. Schaub is the QB they are shopping around....not Vick. Vick needs to have an offense suited to his strengths and they need to stop trying to make him a pocket passer....himself included.

in summation Vick > Carr and a 8th overall pick

Wolf
01-05-2007, 09:11 PM
what is funny is go to the falcons board.. almost echos about Vick as what echo's about Carr

http://forums.houstontexans.com/showthread.php?t=31442&highlight=Vick

http://boards.atlantafalcons.com/index.php?showtopic=217328

fans booing vick

Blu
01-05-2007, 09:21 PM
I'd rather take a chance with Carr and a rook on the bench.

Malloy
01-06-2007, 04:25 AM
Hehe, and the Falcons just fired Mora because him and Vick did not function well together. What are the chances of a franchise trading us their #1 stud QB only a few days after they fire their HC for not getting along with said QB? :)

Caller must have been drunk, doped, or both :)

TheCD
01-06-2007, 08:29 AM
Hehe, and the Falcons just fired Mora because him and Vick did not function well together. What are the chances of a franchise trading us their #1 stud QB only a few days after they fire their HC for not getting along with said QB? :)

Caller must have been drunk, doped, or both :)

Heh...yeah. But I think Mora sealed his fate with the UW coaching gig thing. It seems to me like he was just trying to find a way out of Atlanta, because he couldn't work with Vick. Just my observations.

Stros5Texans80
01-06-2007, 09:47 AM
Well our fans want to see exciting players. Can't get more exciting than that.

Koolaid Time
01-06-2007, 11:13 AM
Of course you would. Any GM in the NFL would trade Carr and the 8th pick for Vick. You dump a bad contract on another team and give up the 8th pick overall for Vick.

in summation Vick > Carr and a 8th overall pick

You forget Vick has one of these insane, very long term A-Rod type contracts. Vick would have to agree to restructure his contract before I'd pull the trigger on this deal.

Pull the trigger...ooops, I must be thinking of Vick's younger brother...

Koolaid Time
01-06-2007, 11:14 AM
Heh...yeah. But I think Mora sealed his fate with the UW coaching gig thing. It seems to me like he was just trying to find a way out of Atlanta, because he couldn't work with Vick. Just my observations.

Hey, I was in Atlanta earlier in the week. Vick has definitely worn out his welcome in the town... the lousy season and flipping off the fans didn't help.

axman40
01-06-2007, 11:19 AM
Maybe Vick needs a course courtesy of Dale Carnegie

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People

Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
Give honest and sincere appreciation.
Arouse in the other person an eager want.Part TwoSix ways to make people like you

Become genuinely interested in other people.
Smile.
Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely.http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

:ok:

Texian
01-06-2007, 11:36 AM
This is absurd, does anyone know what the cap hit would be for Falcons in 07??
Astronomical. Besides Vick is not who you want, he is a me first guy and a poor passer. I can't even invision Kubiak with Vick:pigfly: :gun: :tomato: :loser

carter08
01-06-2007, 11:38 AM
As much as I feel that Carr is not the answer, I would much rather have him than Ron Mexico

TEXANS84
01-06-2007, 11:55 AM
Cmon' guys. Lets get realistic here.
LOWERY BRANCH, Ga. - Michael Vick became the richest player in the league by agreeing to call Atlanta home for the next decade.

The Falcons' quarterback signed a 10-year, $130-million contract extension Thursday that guarantees him an NFL-record $37-million in bonuses.

http://www.sptimes.com/2004/12/24/Sports/Vick_becomes_highest_.shtml

Malloy
01-06-2007, 03:27 PM
Maybe Vick needs a course courtesy of Dale Carnegie

Fundamental Techniques in Handling People

Don't criticize, condemn or complain.
Give honest and sincere appreciation.
Arouse in the other person an eager want.Part TwoSix ways to make people like you

Become genuinely interested in other people.
Smile.
Remember that a person's name is to that person the sweetest and most important sound in any language.
Be a good listener. Encourage others to talk about themselves.
Talk in terms of the other person's interests.
Make the other person feel important - and do it sincerely.http://www.westegg.com/unmaintained/carnegie/win-friends.html

:ok:

What kind of do-gooder crap is that ;)

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 03:29 PM
Why is everyone bashing Micheal Vick, he's a whole lot better than Carr and is more mobile, seriously.:ok:

I dont see Carr making the pro bowl, now Carr might have the better completion ratings but look who has better stats Vick: 2474 passing yards and 1039 rushing yards....................... as for carr 2767 passing 195 rushing and this guy leads the Texans in fumbles: 16 and RECOVERIES :5 . The last time I checked he's on offense as a QB the man has more recoveries than his own defensive teamates. So now you tell me who'sthe better pickup would be either keep Carr or at least try to pick up Vick, period.:yes:

WOW, thats a no-brainer, hell yes and trade the #! pick for us. He's a leader and he'd would fit the system that Kubiak wants to run anyway. PLAYACTION.........shoot thats right down his alley!

Look guys I'm all for keepin' Carr but when you get Vick in FA, don't screw this up like last year with VY........GET 'EM.:shades:

MarinerOne
01-06-2007, 03:57 PM
I can see the opinions on this topic vary significantly. We are all great at being Monday morning QB's. I knew that VY would be successful in the NFL but I thought that it would take 2 - 3 years to get there. I remember the game that MV threw for four TD's headed for the Pro Bowl and then all of a sudden the bottom fell out. DC the first 2 plus years had his stock on the rise then all of sudden boom (maybe too many blows to the head and a change to zone blocking)--------and the rest is history.

Having said that I have all the faith in RS, GK and staff to continue to make the same kind of moves in the 2007 draft and FA to keep improving through objectivity/analysis versus the emotion we fans get wrapped up into. I'd be surprised if we were less than 9 -7 next year and failed to make the playoffs in the 2008 - 2009 season with this current regime. They have many shortcomings to rectify. Give them time----------success is right around the corner.

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 07:15 PM
I can see the opinions on this topic vary significantly. We are all great at being Monday morning QB's. I knew that VY would be successful in the NFL but I thought that it would take 2 - 3 years to get there. I remember the game that MV threw for four TD's headed for the Pro Bowl and then all of a sudden the bottom fell out. DC the first 2 plus years had his stock on the rise then all of sudden boom (maybe too many blows to the head and a change to zone blocking)--------and the rest is history.

Having said that I have all the faith in RS, GK and staff to continue to make the same kind of moves in the 2007 draft and FA to keep improving through objectivity/analysis versus the emotion we fans get wrapped up into. I'd be surprised if we were less than 9 -7 next year and failed to make the playoffs in the 2008 - 2009 season with this current regime. They have many shortcomings to rectify. Give them time----------success is right around the corner.

Look guy I get what you're saying but it has NOTHING to do with VICK................well kinda, but look, seriously, Vick is VY (with experience) now I know he hasn't won a college championship, I don't think. But you DON'T PASS on Vick. If A-town wants to get rid of Vick shoot thats all to the good for us.:tease:

Carr fumbles so much because he is hearing defensive linemen in his sleep. The boy is snake bit because of all the sacks. It's not all his fault, I know. I just don't want him back next year because he's way over anxious, but I do have some sympathy for the guy.:ok:

Anybody that has been hit and sacked as much as him deserves the Red Cross Quarterback of the year award. Therefore, MICHAEL VICK WELCOME TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS W/ OPEN ARMS!!:yahoo:

NederlandTexan
01-06-2007, 08:57 PM
As a running back or receiver, maybe. As a QB...............no!

Imatexanfan
01-06-2007, 09:18 PM
WHATEVER guy just be happy with Plummer comming in than Vick.......I guess, if its up to you.:shades:

New_Texans
01-06-2007, 09:23 PM
I dont want Michael Vick....no no no no no...we could draft Russel.

Koolaid Time
01-06-2007, 09:46 PM
But you DON'T PASS on Vick. If A-town wants to get rid of Vick shoot thats all to the good for us.:tease:

[/B] Therefore, MICHAEL VICK WELCOME TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS W/ OPEN ARMS!!:yahoo:

I don't want to rain on your Vick parade but:

1. Yes, Atlanta has had it up to their ears with him. He is about as popular with the fans and media there as Carr is here.

2. Vick has an insane, multi-kagillion dollar, cost prohibitive, multi-year contract. Any team taking Vick will have to restructure his contract or pay through the nose, or both. Most likely both.

3. Could Vick tolerate Houston, the fans, and the Texans front office? Could they tolerate Vick? I wouldn't want to pay through the nose if he is not personally compatible with the coaches and the system.

4. Can Vick stretch the field vertically and make it possible for AJ to make big plays? The next QB we have needs to have a legit big pass play Bomb Threat.

Rightnow
01-06-2007, 10:10 PM
At least Ron Mexico would be closer to Mexico. Seriously though, it would be a terrible mistake to have this guy on the Texans. He is a coach killer and while fun to watch isn't the right guy for us.

NederlandTexan
01-07-2007, 09:02 AM
WHATEVER guy just be happy with Plummer comming in than Vick.......I guess, if its up to you.:shades:

It's no more up to me than it is you. Just a difference of opinion on this player. He is exciting on ESPN's highlights, and I'm sure he's fantastic on Madden, but as an NFL quarterback, he blows.

Austrian
01-07-2007, 09:11 AM
It's no more up to me than it is you. Just a difference of opinion on this player. He is exciting on ESPN's highlights, and I'm sure he's fantastic on Madden, but as an NFL quarterback, he blows.

WOW! I'm of the same opinion! :secret:

edo783
01-07-2007, 10:27 AM
We don't need Vick, because we will draft a RB.

yourfavoritetexan42
01-07-2007, 10:43 AM
Michael Vick is a playmaker with his legs. He has a strong arm, his awareness is down however. But, look at his weapons... I believe his running backs do well becuase they are worried about him running, and his receivers...just drop everything. If he came here I could see it being really good for him. I would love to have him, but I don't see that happenin.

Jawja Texan
01-07-2007, 11:01 AM

He's a fantastic QB. His receivers drop passes. Case closed. He has carried this team on his back for awhile now. Vick would be a fantastic fit. Don't hate.

jerek
01-07-2007, 11:41 AM
A caller suggested the trade, not the 610 guys.

This is why I don't listen to sports radio. That is one of the most ignorant trade proposals I've ever heard. I wouldn't make it, the Texans FO wouldn't offer it, and even if they did, the Falcons FO sure wouldn't take it.

Texian
01-07-2007, 11:45 AM
Atlanta is not ready to take on a $24 million cap hit to move Ron Mexico, the bird flipping, coach killing, egomaniac.

NederlandTexan
01-07-2007, 12:21 PM
He's a fantastic QB. His receivers drop passes. Case closed. He has carried this team on his back for awhile now. Vick would be a fantastic fit. Don't hate.

No hate. He is the result of a mountain of hype from the BSPNers. He is exciting, just not a field general.

Imatexanfan
01-07-2007, 02:24 PM
WOW! I'm of the same opinion! :secret:

Then maybe ya'll should go live together in AUSTRIA:woot2

Austrian
01-07-2007, 02:30 PM
Then maybe ya'll should go live together in AUSTRIA:woot2

Sounds nice! Maybe I'm finally gonna get some friends. :shades:

Imatexanfan
01-07-2007, 02:41 PM
Sounds nice! Maybe I'm finally gonna get some friends. :shades:

WOW sounds kinda weird there guy lol:

Please_Evolve
01-08-2007, 01:03 AM
....wow.

Even i can't believe this.

NOT going to happen...ever.

Mike Vick would make a good RB though......

Sco-tai
01-08-2007, 01:21 AM
ANYONE who thinks this is a good trade....PLEASE WRITE ME NOW!!!

I have 2 seats in the club level that run close to $60 each. I'll sell you BOTH for ONLY $400 per seat....per game. I mean....it's a good deal...if you think Carr + 1st = Vick.

Whomever agrees with that trade is a freaking M O R O N !!!!!!!!!

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 01:23 AM
I'm interested in seeing how Kubiak would mold Vick. Vick isn't a pocket QB, and neither is Plummer. Kubiak tried to make his offense play to Plummer's strenths and I would be excited to see what he could do with Vick.

mexican_texan
01-08-2007, 01:27 AM
As for the contract, as big as it is, the Falcons shouldn't expect much for Vick. That said, the Falcons would be responsible for the signing bonus and there is contract language that would make contracts like Vick's a bit more tradeable.

Texas_Thrill
01-08-2007, 02:02 AM
My main issue with Vick IS and always has been....his inability to throw the touch pass.

Throws one of the best long balls I've ever seen but this is NOT oakland bomb it all the time al davis football we are playing here. If there is a place vick would be great it is THERE. Vick throws laser passes even on his checkdowns.

Quite frankly I'm not sure Vick or Carr has IT. The ingredient to put a team on your back, have them believe in you, and take it down the field with 90 seconds to go with one timeout ON THE ROAD.

They both need a change of scenery but Atlanta would not take Carr. Why would they? If they are getting rid of Vick...HELLO THEY'D JUST MAKE MATT SCHAUB THE STARTER.

For us, I'd be interested in seeing if Kubiak could work with Vick yes. Interested but not really jumping on it.

I think he'd bring some excitement for the fans but that whould be short-lived if we continued losing because in Texas at the end of the day we don't care about flash....WE WANT TO WIN!

Jawja Texan
01-08-2007, 06:06 AM

I have 2 seats in the club level that run close to $60 each. I'll sell you BOTH for ONLY $400 per seat....per game. I mean....it's a good deal...if you think Carr + 1st = Vick.

What about keeping Carr around as long as we have? All those second chances we've given? Now that's moronic.

SamuraiSword
01-08-2007, 03:27 PM
What about keeping Carr around as long as we have? All those second chances we've given? Now that's moronic.

I second that!!

dirty steve
01-08-2007, 03:34 PM
i just don't think we should spend a 1st rounder on a QB (except for maybe Russell but he wont be there). why not mold a guy from the get go instead of having to rebuild the offense around a glorified RB? if Vick cant get it done with 3 first round WR's on his roster, then who is saying he can get it done here?

GuerillaBlack
01-08-2007, 03:41 PM

How about Carr + second round pick for Vick?

My main issue with Vick IS and always has been....his inability to throw the touch pass.

Throws one of the best long balls I've ever seen but this is NOT oakland bomb it all the time al davis football we are playing here. If there is a place vick would be great it is THERE. Vick throws laser passes even on his checkdowns.

Quite frankly I'm not sure Vick or Carr has IT. The ingredient to put a team on your back, have them believe in you, and take it down the field with 90 seconds to go with one timeout ON THE ROAD.

They both need a change of scenery but Atlanta would not take Carr. Why would they? If they are getting rid of Vick...HELLO THEY'D JUST MAKE MATT SCHAUB THE STARTER.

For us, I'd be interested in seeing if Kubiak could work with Vick yes. Interested but not really jumping on it.

I think he'd bring some excitement for the fans but that whould be short-lived if we continued losing because in Texas at the end of the day we don't care about flash....WE WANT TO WIN!

Well, Carr could be a good back-up. It is not a bad idea.

Heywood
01-08-2007, 03:44 PM
Plain & Simple, HELL NO!!! Kubiak wouldn't want that head case. Besides they still were waiting on him to adjust to the west-coast offense and look where it got his coach. He is injury prone and too inconsistent, I'll actually much rather keep Carr and take my chances with him.:)

i'm glad you have nothing to do with running the team.

MarinerOne
01-09-2007, 01:01 PM
Look guy I get what you're saying but it has NOTHING to do with VICK................well kinda, but look, seriously, Vick is VY (with experience) now I know he hasn't won a college championship, I don't think. But you DON'T PASS on Vick. If A-town wants to get rid of Vick shoot thats all to the good for us.:tease:

Carr fumbles so much because he is hearing defensive linemen in his sleep. The boy is snake bit because of all the sacks. It's not all his fault, I know. I just don't want him back next year because he's way over anxious, but I do have some sympathy for the guy.:ok:

Anybody that has been hit and sacked as much as him deserves the Red Cross Quarterback of the year award. Therefore, MICHAEL VICK WELCOME TO THE HOUSTON TEXANS W/ OPEN ARMS!!:yahoo:

I think that VY is MV plus even at this early stage - IT factor plus football smarts. But I would take MV in a heartbeat if he were available. I just don't think it's doable. Actually both DC and MV could use a change of scenery IMO and I think that they both would be a winner with a new, fresh environment.

Second Honeymoon
01-09-2007, 02:18 PM
I think that VY is MV plus even at this early stage - IT factor plus football smarts. But I would take MV in a heartbeat if he were available. I just don't think it's doable. Actually both DC and MV could use a change of scenery IMO and I think that they both would be a winner with a new, fresh environment.

I think both could use a change of scenery, but I haven't seen anything from David in 5 years that leads me to believe he will ever be a winner

as for Vick, I think it would be a good deal for Vick and the Texans. It is just so crazy that it just might work...

both contracts are bad, at least Vick is the better player...bottom line

problem is Atlanta would never agree to a Carr+draft pick for Vick scenario...

Kadillac
01-10-2007, 08:32 AM
It doesn't really matter because Vick's an overrated headcase with absolutely NO TALENT. All he does is kill the Falcons' playoff chances year after year. Carr is by far a better QB than Vick. And besides, Vick is so headlining, he keeps the Falcons a household name, so the Falcons would never give him up.

False Start
01-10-2007, 10:46 AM
No thanks to Vick . IMO , hes overrated . From how I understood it , he came out early because he said he didn't want to play for the Texans . If thats the case , I sure don't want him after hes been exposed as an average QB .

texans83
01-10-2007, 10:52 AM
No thanks to Vick . IMO , hes overrated . From how I understood it , he came out early because he said he didn't want to play for the Texans . If thats the case , I sure don't want him after hes been exposed as an average QB .

agree

Dr. Toro
01-10-2007, 12:23 PM

It's all about the Benjamins.... do you really think he came out early because there was a chance an expansion franchise in Houston would have picked him #1? Or do you think it's because he was looking at a guaranteed $50+ mm to quit school, play football full time, and not bear the risk of a catastrophic injury. It's not like Houston is Green Bay, Texas is generally a favored destination for athletes due to the lack of an income tax and climate.