PDA

View Full Version : Breaking news from Nashville...

Xetuoh1836
01-05-2007, 01:56 PM
Alittle off topic for the Texans but, knowing some "lust" for its personnel, at 3:00 today, it's being reported (here in Nashville, 104.5, the Zone)), there's a news conference to announce the resignation of Floyd Reese as GM. Another Oiler/Titan being tossed to the curb.

Thoughts?

real
01-05-2007, 01:59 PM
Can't speak for my fellow Texans...

But it doesn't move me one way or another....

hobie
01-05-2007, 02:00 PM

Ditto...

Wharton
01-05-2007, 02:02 PM
I wonder why they are tossing him? I thought he's done a pretty good job for them over the years.

Mr. White
01-05-2007, 02:05 PM
I wonder why they are tossing him? I thought he's done a pretty good job for them over the years.

Kinda seems like him and Fisher were butting heads. If Fisher wasn't able to salvage last season, then it'd be him at this press conference.

Mr. White
01-05-2007, 02:07 PM
http://www.profootballtalk.com/rumormill.htm

REESE OUT AS TITANS G.M.

Our friends at Southern Pro Football, a weekly radio show on which the poobah will be appearing this weekend, have advised us that the Tennessee Titans have announced the resignation of G.M. Floyd Reese. A press conference is expected to occur later today.

Reese's contract expired after the 2006 season, so he really wasn't "resigning" from anything. Recently, however, coach Jeff Fisher gave Reese an endorsement.

The Titans have picked up a 2007 option on Fisher's contract, which requires him to be paid the equivalent of the five highest-paid coaches in the game. It is expected that the Titans also will extend his deal for 2008 and beyond.

With Coach Chin packing it in, Fisher is now the head coach with the longest continuous tenure with the same franchise.

The team has struggled in recent years with management of the salary cap, but Reese largely escaped accountability. There were accounts that Reese and Fisher don't always see eye to eye, and many league observers had assumed that both would not be back in 2007.

Xetuoh1836
01-05-2007, 02:14 PM

Maybe I should "clarify" off-topic? Been a Houston sports fan since the Astrodome was built and remain one till my dying day's! Do I care what the TN fan base/ community feels? Nope! Born and raised in Houston, graduated from HS in Houston (MB Lamar HS 76) and now live in Nashville (amoung the heatherens!)

Just a FYI for a football message board, that has a guy who "used" to play in Houston, became successful, and moved out of town with the "evil empire" to this burg.

Critizise me all day...not my alligence to all things Houston. Have a nice day!

hobie
01-05-2007, 02:19 PM
I think you are taking this wrong....all he and I are saying, and I hope I can speak for him is that we personally do not care one way or another that he resigns, you asked for our thoughts, and we told you.

When someone, anyone resigns from something that I have no part of other than just being a fan, and something that has no effect on me, as I say, I don't really care. You asked for thoughts on this, and I just gave mine.

Xetuoh1836
01-05-2007, 02:31 PM
I think you are taking this wrong....all he and I are saying, and I hope I can speak for him is that we personally do not care one way or another that he resigns, you asked for our thoughts, and we told you.

When someone, anyone resigns from something that I have no part of other than just being a fan, and something that has no effect on me, as I say, I don't really care. You asked for thoughts on this, and I just gave mine.

Then I offer my appologises and my "emotions on the sleeve sensitivities" about possible questions of my "Texans" (by birth, not a football logo) identity. If I'm wrong...sorry (sincerely)!

Go Texans!

nunusguy
01-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I dunno, but I thought he was the Budsters Boy ? Apparently not unless he left voluntarily.
He & the Budster were VY guys while USC alums Fisher & Chow wanted
Leinert.

real
01-05-2007, 02:49 PM
Critizise me all day...not my alligence to all things Houston. Have a nice day!

No criticism directed towards you....

I was just responding to the topic of your thread...

Titan "Tack" Fan
01-05-2007, 03:46 PM
His drafts have been mediocre at best. He made a good call on Pac-Man and Vince, of course. He made some good decisions with Free Agents (Hope, Henry, Mawae, Thornton).

I'm impartial to the decision. I am looking forward to someone else drafting for us though for some reason.

edo783
01-05-2007, 03:55 PM
If it screws them up, I'm all for it.

Double Barrel
01-05-2007, 04:07 PM
Is Norm Chow going to remain with the Titans? I thought I'd heard he might be moving on to the college ranks.

TXGRL
01-05-2007, 05:08 PM

No, feel free to speak for us.

aj.
01-05-2007, 07:52 PM
Funny.... Floyd was a genius a few years ago and now it's no big deal.

And one of the highlights of all my roadies was meeting Floyd's lovely wife in the parking lot at what was then Adelphia Coliseum after the Texans - Titans game in '03. :party:

Trap_Star
01-05-2007, 08:08 PM
Is Norm Chow going to remain with the Titans? I thought I'd heard he might be moving on to the college ranks.

Rumor has it that he's on top of Arizonas(NFL) wishlist...

Showtime100
01-05-2007, 08:21 PM

Two pictures..........

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/images.jpg

http://i141.photobucket.com/albums/r65/ShowtimeN15580/bum_phillips.jpg

cadahnic
01-06-2007, 12:18 AM
They're making room to hire Casserly as the new GM.

TexanSam
01-06-2007, 12:24 AM
Rumor has it that he's on top of Arizonas(NFL) wishlist...

He should be. He coached Leinart in college.

HJam72
01-06-2007, 08:49 AM
They're making room to hire Casserly as the new GM.

That would make my day. :yes:

Dr. Toro
01-06-2007, 10:16 AM
Long running speculation has been that Reese and Fisher butted heads. Looks like Fisher won that battle. Reese did pretty well lately. Pacman looks like a genius pick right now, dude might have the biggest impact of any defensive player in the game, when you throw in his special teams play. VY was the right choice despite USC preferences by the staff. Travis Henry for a #3 was good too.