PDA

View Full Version : Haynesworth?

light
01-05-2007, 02:07 AM
he is probably going to be cut this offseason. would you guys be opposed of picking him up from our rival the titans, im pretty sure that cowboys dont like him to much either.

TexanSam
01-05-2007, 02:10 AM
No. Good player but he's got attitude problems.

brewhaus
01-05-2007, 05:32 AM

Isn't he taking Effexor or Wellburtin for that attitude now?

baba ganoush
01-05-2007, 07:28 AM
listen, we need a guy to take some attention off of mario...this guy isnt a bad player, actually i thought he was a pretty good DT and would actually like to see him in houston. him along with clements should make this defense alot better!

cadahnic
01-05-2007, 08:15 AM
Not to say it wont happen, but I have serious doubts that Haynesworth or Clements will be here next year. Haynesworth is a troubled player, but he is also good. His numbers say he wont be cheap though which leads me to believe he will go to a team that is not as focused on character. As far as Clements though he is going to be very expensive 30+M range. I doubt we throw that kind of cash at him especially if we get a shot at Samuel for 10M less.

Silver Oak
01-05-2007, 08:28 AM
im pretty sure that cowboys dont like him to much either.

If they're willing to bring T.O. onto their team, they're probably willing to sign anyone. Desperation is a funny thing.

Let's try this again
01-05-2007, 09:16 AM
Heck yes you yake him. His actions during the season will drive down how much $$ he'd normally make so you can be one of the highest bidders and coax him over here and take care of a NEED position with a proven veteran at a discounted price.

Check out his page on nfl.com @ the link below
http://www.nfl.com/players/playerpage/302201

reilli
01-05-2007, 01:35 PM
I don't know, ever since I saw him stomp on Gurode's face I have no respect for him. That was a really nasty move and I don't think the Texans need an attitude like that.

canadiantexan
01-05-2007, 04:10 PM

Sounds to me like a future Bengal.

doughboy
01-05-2007, 04:59 PM
Alberts not going anywhere....yall might get Robeast back but I hope not he was awsome this year.

TheCD
01-05-2007, 09:51 PM
As a psych. major, I understand that after people have that moment of "clarity" that makes them realize they have a rage issue, they are generally willing to take that step to fix it. But being this is football, I would be willling to bet it was a result of steroids rather than actual rage issues.

Something just smells bad about that cheese, and I dont' like it. :secret:

The Pencil Neck
01-05-2007, 11:31 PM
But being this is football, I would be willling to bet it was a result of steroids rather than actual rage issues.

That whole "steroid rage" thing really ticks me off. From...um... what I've heard, most steroids don't create that effect and the ones that do, only make things worse if you already have anger issues. Steroids don't create that classic steroid rage in people who are basically even-keeled to begin with.

At least that's what I've heard.

From people who really should know.

ECA, otoh, can turn the most laid back person into a raging psycho. And I CAN speak from experience on that. I think I recall reading that Romanowski used to take a lot of EC (among other things) to keep his intensity up. A lot of bodybuilders use EC(A) during cutting phases and then when they have emotional problems, it gets blamed on the steroids.

Haynesworth would not have been taking ECA.

And if that's not more information than you wanted to know...

Capster67
01-07-2007, 09:41 PM
After reading the article on him in the ESPN Magazine, I still don't have that much respect for him as a player. I don't think he's an impact player either. It took him 3 years in the league to get the number of sacks (4.5) that Mario got in 1. I don't think his attitude, reputation, and effect in the locker room wouldn't be worth the 2 or 3 sacks he might give us.

edo783
01-07-2007, 11:08 PM
Given his history and what the Texans look for, I doubt very much they would consider him. An above average player, but just.